Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,620 comments
After thinking about it, I think I will go for a ride in the Rocky Mountains...

The livery (because it's very important) is a tribute to Jeff Gordon #24 (born a 4th August)

1723060561561.png

1723060577728.png

1723060594565.png

1723060606384.png

I have no clue what result I'll get there, as I'm really not familiar with the circuit and the car.

Last edited:
Last stint at Eiger.

Very annoying TT on AT, you have to wait so long in the last right at the bottom before being able to apply full gas and not touch the wall on the left...

Tried using handbrake but was not very efficient, sometimes I was pressing far too long. In the end, best laps were without it.

All best sectors are each on a different lap...

Eiger-20laps.png

At least I improved a bit.

52 laps in total.

I'll gladly do more laps in the wet at RBR than trying Eiger again.

I'm in!

20240807_221740.jpg

Barely and not sure for how long. Bit of handbrake to initiate oversteer and catch it in neutral steer with low rpm throttle feathering did the trick for me. So much fun when you get it right.

Edit: shared the replay on my profile if anyone is interested #gtplanet #eiger

Still struggling to go fast with the wheel and did the lap on pad. Slowly getting used to the wheel while trying out different cars in private lobbies, mostly cruising around. Reaching the level of control and feel like I have on pad will definetly take a while.

Gonna go look for a NASCAR livery now, that Jeff Gordon tribute is really nice :)
After thinking about it, I think I will go for a ride in the Rocky Mountains...

The livery (because it's very important) is a tribute to Jeff Gordon #24 (born a 4th August)

View attachment 1379097

View attachment 1379098

View attachment 1379099

View attachment 1379100

I have no clue what result I'll get there, as I'm really not familiar with the circuit and the car.

Last edited:
BWX
I haven't thought about the RA272 at Spa yet! Plenty of time. I want to get safer golds at RBR and Trial Mountain Reverse before that.
It's an attracting car apparently because many people have scored laps at Spa with it.

@Artremis good grief, that was fast! Great time and strong effort. I've had a slow struggle at Eiger though, :(

I know...I know...I wasn't planning to come back to Eiger, but I felt I had enough in me to get into the 1:03's after the last session with help from the handbrake. I nailed the first two sectors (by my standards), though lost a chunk in the final two (including a Code Brown Moment™️ at the right hander starting sector 4). Still good enough to land a much better time.
IMG_3476.jpg

I left a lot of time on the table without those slower final sectors.
IMG_3475.jpg

Well, I'll give it one more try tonight by watching Dolph's replay, I hope it works, but if not, I'm quitting for good. I ran 175 laps total the past 9 days, I'm exhausted from it all, but the track was pleasant to drive on. I really need to take another small vacation from this to relax my mind/soul. The good news is I'll be earning some amount of credits for beating the target time whether it's bronze or silver.

Last edited:
Hi guys (and Greek).

Sorry "Mon Poulet"...

View attachment 1379010
After some tiny improvements (39.329, 39.319, etc) and many restarts, I've finally scored this incredible lap.

S1: 24.530 - correct score here, maybe a bit conservative
S2: 43.053 - my second best score here, just incredible
S3: 31.100 - simply my fastest last sector (thank you @Gogga for your advice)

The improvement is just I-cant-beleive-it: -0.636 :eek::rolleyes: Dunno if the WR will be improve in the next 7 days but even if I end in silver, I'll be more than happy anyway.

@Jeje6410 :

Season 9 Hug GIF by The Office

You have 7 days to prove that basques can drive as fast as bretons (but not faster) on wets circuits ;)

Some lessons after this TT:
  • 1.500 kms with my 458 Italia Martini Racing, which means results never come easily, I had to fight, to learn, and to try again and again to get this result.
  • I've probably improved my understanding of this circuit where I never had gold in the previous TTs (Aston, Nissan, Mitsubishi, BMW, etc.).
  • A massive thank to everyone in this thread, to all the answers given, all the advices shared, to @Tidgney for your essential guides, to my mother, to my family for their support, etc. :D

Happy lapping everyone!

View attachment 1379013

View attachment 1379014

View attachment 1379015
Fantastic work and achievement! WTG and thank you for sharing your splits. I now know that I need lots of work on sectors 2, 3 and 1. 😉 Ok so mostly 2 and 3 I’m losing close to a second.

Congratulations on your gold and I’m hoping it stays.

Also really enjoying watching the Olympics!

Last edited:
Morning guys 'n' girls! Didn't go back to the 5 current TTs. 5 silvers as far as I know. Worst was RBR with 4,65% (at least that was the standing last night). No motivation.

Curious what the new one will bring. I read that the real world TT record at Tsukuba for non-slicks sits at about 50 seconds (Mitsubishi Evo, i think). Would be great to be able to chose any roadcar plus tuning but being restricted to sports tires.

Fantastic work and achievement! WTG and thank you for sharing your splits. I now know that I need lots of work on sectors 2, 3 and 1. 😉 Ok so mostly 2 and 3 I’m losing close to a second.

Congratulations on your gold and I’m hoping it stays.

Also really enjoying watching the Olympics!
You're very welcome, John :)

Yes, the times on each sectors are very useful for me to identify where I must work on. On this TT, it was really the 2nd one where I was losing too much time to acheive my objective.

Hope you'll shave all those unuseful tenths to reach gold!
GO GO GO!!!

Has anyone else noticed that time driven in TTs is not counted in overall time driven?

I had 313:42:22 after the 5th and just ran off 20 laps at Eiger and the number didn't change one second.
That makes sense. I don’t think PD can split it. We don’t want mileage to accrue because then there would be wear and tear, plus other variables.

I gave Trial Mountain another try, not satisfied with just bronze.
But this car is beating me. It's not a heavy car with 1406kg, but it feels like a very heavy one.
I've even tested driver aids, but no chance. I can't get this thing into silver territory. :banghead:

All you guys in the golden zone are aliens to me! 👏

But this car is beating me. It's not a heavy car with 1406kg, but it feels like a very heavy one.
I've even tested driver aids, but no chance. I can't get this thing into silver territory. :banghead:

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Gold=Alienville

The UFO's are coming...

Flying Sci-Fi GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

Anyways, here is my lap session with MT! I know this won't be perfect but it's worth a try, :)
I had a bumpy ride and was sliding, but I had TCS set at 2. So, what do you expect. You'll laugh at some of this I bet.

The engine makes a funny noise, dang!!

Last edited:

Hummm, I'm scared now... Wanted to give a try to this TT after the RBR but not sure to go now.
I've tested a custom race yesterday with a ghost and I'm close to silver (1:56.875).

Good luck with this one!

Side note: I wanted to my claim DG Edge profile. To proceed, you need to install an extension (addon) to your browser:

1723097141403.png

This extension can read and edit all your data on all websites
If you add an extension to your browser, check carefuly what this extension can do. Your data and your privacy are much more important and valuable than a virtual profile on Web. Think twice before adding this one.

Last edited:
It's time to face the reality Chris. If you don't have the skills to be fairly quick right now, chances are you won't get much better from here.

And, as @BWX said, a wheel would help with that a lot. I know because I for the life of me cannot get fast using a controller, while people like @NAXEHT use one and still produce top times regardless, it's mental. It's all about that preference.

But...should you get a wheel, you should not expect a sudden decrease in laptimes. Getting used to the wheel is a learning curve, and you will likely be much slower than you are right now with the controller.

If you do happen to get quick in your mid 40s, good for you, but until then, it's speculation.
Eh I don't know about that. Look, I'm 46, I play GT since the first one way back with the PS1. I use a wheel since Gt5.

And I have never be that fast like I am now : A+ DR, 87 gold in time trials, usually inside the Top 1000 or close to it. To compare, my DR was B with GTS.

One thing is for sure : the online time trials are an incredible tool to improve your driving skills !

No need to be afraid! I'm just a useless driver :D
You are in the gold zone on RBR, so i'm sure you can do better than me on TM! Allez! Allez! Allez!
Vielen Dank 911RSR :)

To be very honest, I was very lucky yesterday on RBR, no shame to admit that.
I wait for the new TT, and then I'll decide on which one I'll play.

One thing is for sure : the online time trials are an incredible tool to improve your driving skills !
Absolutly agree with this statement 👌

Back