Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,026 comments
@half_sourly

1726696496350.gif

Last edited:
Alright the time is nearly upon me! I will try the Corvette at DT but looking at Doodles lap I may need to cut my losses now and start with steery cheat mode 🤣🤣

Final attempt with the Evo. I did over 600 miles of hell and only 6hundreths of a second to show for it, thems the breaks sometimes. It was an easy one to learn but difficult to master. But we tried. I did go insane trying at one point but we don’t talk about that 😁

IMG_8828.jpeg
IMG_8830.jpeg
IMG_8829.jpeg

@Dan_Tes, it's okay. You can sit the Corvette one out. :) (Totally NOT trying to get you to do so in hopes I don't drop down the standings...)
Well, experiments in my living room have proven so far that steery cheat mode is not much use when your car is on two wheels…

Car Crash Stunt GIF by Neighbours (Official TV Show account)

EDIT

Oh wow the corvette is fun

Why did I waste all those hours with that stupid Lancer for nothing 🫠

IMG_8833.jpeg
IMG_8835.jpeg
IMG_8834.jpeg

(Sorry @Evilmuffin i had to fulfill the prophecy, please don’t hate me 🫣)

Last edited:
Well, I've got 8 hours left to try to get into gold at Deep Forest. Man, those missing tenths are difficult to find, even on MT. I gotta get geared up this weekend for the two new TT's coming up. I'm not worried about it, I tried, I've run a total of 834 laps over a 11 day period even after watching the replays. One of Dolph's too. So, idk. I'll just have to accept the time that I get. I think Sector 1 is getting to me and the part before the last tunnel. I've put a lot of effort in though this past week and a half. But it's not anymore so I may have to call it quits.

Last edited:
I did over 600 miles of hell and only 6hundreths of a second to show for it, thems the breaks sometimes. It was an easy one to learn but difficult to master. But we tried. I did go insane trying at one point but we don’t talk about that
Absolutely amazing time mate. :cheers:

I was chasing the 32s for 3 nights now, couldn't do it, enough.
If I nail the first sector (actually did a 25.988 tonight which was impossible for me until that point), I must screw up the next part, usually just the first right hander exit after the S1 split, and even if I manage to do that right, it's either the next left hander or the exit to the back straight. Only way that I can manage those two corners is if I do an average first sector and just say to myself "doesn't matter, let's just continue the lap".

If I put all my best sectors together (.988, .623, .297) that would put me comfortably into the 32s, but to do it in one lap, no chance.

It's the fricking understeer, if you floor the throttle 1 milisecond too early, you steer wide into the wall, if you floor it 2 miliseconds too late, the WR ghost just walks away. So frustrating, but a learning experience nontheless.

Off to the Seaside tomorrow, to get the Vette into the 53s hopefully, and then to check out the Miata :)

Well, experiments in my living room have proven so far that steery cheat mode is not much use when your car is on two wheels…

Car Crash Stunt GIF by Neighbours (Official TV Show account)

EDIT

Oh wow the corvette is fun

Why did I waste all those hours with that stupid Lancer for nothing 🫠

View attachment 1390280View attachment 1390281View attachment 1390282

(Sorry @Evilmuffin i had to fulfill the prophecy, please don’t hate me 🫣)
Wow congrats Dan. You're the man with the plan! And it always goes well for you. Hats off!!

Devil Wears Prada Cheers GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Well good luck with the new lap challenges coming up tomorrow.

Absolutely amazing time mate. :cheers:

I was chasing the 32s for 3 nights now, couldn't do it, enough.
If I nail the first sector (actually did a 25.988 tonight which was impossible for me until that point), I must screw up the next part, usually just the first right hander exit after the S1 split, and even if I manage to do that right, it's either the next left hander or the exit to the back straight. Only way that I can manage those two corners is if I do an average first sector and just say to myself "doesn't matter, let's just continue the lap".

If I put all my best sectors together (.988, .623, .297) that would put me comfortably into the 32s, but to do it in one lap, no chance.

It's the fricking understeer, if you floor the throttle 1 milisecond too early, you steer wide into the wall, if you floor it 2 miliseconds too late, the WR ghost just walks away. So frustrating, but a learning experience nontheless.

Off to the Seaside tomorrow, to get the Vette into the 53s hopefully, and then to check out the Miata :)
Agreed Mr. Salatić! It was a real challenge, I had exactly the same problems 😭 I also had an ABS normal phase which wasted a lot of time 🤣🤣 your final sector best split is amazing, I had a few really quick middle sectors (under .500) and matched your S1 best, would have been a 1:32.7xx if I’d hooked it all up

I still don’t really know how to go round that final hairpin either 🤷🏻‍♂️

Kudos to you all that was able to get gold at Deep Forest, I think I've had enough here. It's time to move on and roll with the punches.

Last edited:
Not really feeling either of these combos currently. Haven't put much time/effort into either of these, and the times reflect that.

Evo around Deep Forest, did 2 sessions, about 100km total, best time was a 1:33.487. Never saw an optimum more than a tenth higher than that. Not really sure how you guys are finding this extra time around here, feel like I maxed myself out after 50km. Absolutely shocked to be within 1 second of the No. 1 time, only 1% off, and be ranked 937th. All in all, I found the Evo to be pretty good to drive, although a tad understeery, but Gr.4 around Deep Forest just feels a bit boring since the back half of the track is just flat out.

Onto the Corvette around Dragon Trail. This combo highlights a lot of what is wrong with the suspension rebound physics currently. This car turns into a basketball if you hit the kerbs the wrong way, which if often since the fastest line is basically to be on the inside of the kerbs. At least it feels smooth to go through the COD. Managed a 1:54.779 which places me 328th and that's enough of that for me because this car really did not grab my attention, especially coming out of the Murci which sounded like a symphony by comparison.

192076a9dac34-5860CCEE9BB8289971F.63A216EF17404752_message_442027996009406_1726671859411.jpg

Can't believe they're using a variant of Suzuka again with the MX-5. We just had Suzuka, granted it was the full course in a Gr2 car, a couple of weeks ago. I love driving on Suzuka, but this game has so many tracks that don't get utilised at all but we get Suzuka twice in the space of 2 months.

Yet another opportunity to drive those dumb spaceships wonderful RedBull X2019, yay! :grumpy:
I'll just get my bronze and move on happily to Suzuka, driving MX-5s definitely sounds a lot more interesting than those vacuum cleaners... those RedBulls just feel awful and boring to drive, like totally lacking any "personality"...

19207ec9a3b61-screenshotUrl.jpg

Gained a few tenths. Not where I could be yet but getting better. I've just not had any time. This is only my second session here and the first was cut short. I was paddling along not even close to my best for about an hour this evening then I slipped into the groove. That first chicane is a menace and that flat right before that little mini hairpin is so inconsistent. I can mostly get through the rest pretty consistently (even the cod) but man the middle is hard. 😂😂😂

19207ecaedf96-screenshotUrl.jpg

Hopefully I can make it back for more before it's over. It says I could. 🙄🤞

Ugh. The X2019 at Grand Valley.
  • Car I dislike - ✔️
  • Track I dislike even more - ✔️
  • Most likely no chance of getting gold because aliens in a ridiculously fast car on a difficult circuit - ✔️
  • No interest and therefore skipping the event - ✔️

Aaaanyway...I couldn't stand the thought of riding around aimlessly at Deep Forest with no chance of gaining time tonight. I'll let it be. The C4 was calling my name again. The car handles terribly and the track is not friendly to it with those curbs and armco by the sea. With that said, I'm loving the TT. Tonight was a pickup of exactly 1 tenth of a second. I had my best sectors 2 and 3, but I was a little ways off my best first sector considering I've have numerous 38.1's, a handful of 38.0's and even two 37.9's. Getting deep into the hairpin after the quickie right definitely hurt. I know a sub 54 is possible. I've had the optimals, but it's just a matter of putting them all together in one lap. To answer your question, @Gomario JSP, I don't think we'll ever hit all three! :lol:
IMG_3635.jpg

Well... not great.

IMG_20240916_165724.jpg

Had a bike accident last week and ended up in a cast for about a week. First time in my life (at 33 years old, lol) I ever ended up in a situation like this. If you’ve never had a cast like that on your arm (especially your “good” arm), trust me, it sucks. It really sucks. Be careful and take care of yourselves. All in all (if you bother to read the spoiler), I was probably a bit lucky... It definitely could’ve gone worse.
Felt like it was a pretty stupid accident as well because I caused it myself, went down a pretty steep slope, exiting a forest out onto asphalt and misjudged the height and landing as I hit the kerb/road and I fell off the bike, basically fell forward, bike went under me I think, bounced behind me and even then went on top of and landed on me, as it did that some part of the bike also hit the back of my left ear/side of the head (no helmet) and caused a relatively signifcant wound there (five stitches later on), and left quite the mark on the asphalt of the accident, so to speak. Not pretty. First ever time in an ambulance and ER, hopefully also the last.

This also happened after passing through a shortcut which at first we weren’t even going to use but I insisted. The whole reason I was even out in the forest in the first place was after my friends suggested going out to for some running, which I thought was an excellent idea, since it’s been some years and it’s a good way of staying in good shape. In my excitement I forgot I didn’t have any proper running shoes I could use but figured I could follow on a bike, to accompany them and just hang out a little while. Yeah, you can imagine the different levels of regret as I went through it all in retrospect.

Apart from my two friends with me there was also a very nice lady who was cycling home from work and came from the opposite direction and saw my accident just in front of her, funnily enough a nurse, who was very calm, quick nd helpful in that moment, something I appreciated a lot in such a vulnerable and particular (for lack of a better word right now) state. I’m not one for being very emotional openly but really, it was pretty touching.

To cut a long story short I had second x-ray today and thankfully the fracture I have (not sure of exact name, but it’s sort of at the edge of where one’s forearm connects with the elbow) was small enough and has progressed correctly in a desired way the past week so it’ll eventually (around six weeks for full recovery, ish) heal on its own, no surgery needed and I was also able to get rid of the cast today, which was a very nice relief.

And to connect all this to time trials — of course I couldn’t avoid thinking what a situation I now found myself in, potentially being unable to drive completely, surely the up til now, flawless gold streak reaching its end in a poor way, in one of the absolute easiest time trials we’ve had, Gr.4 on Deep Forest. :irked::ouch: What a bizarre situation. Anyway, I tried driving a bit a few days later which, to my happy surprise did work relatively okay. What I intially cursed as a godawful TT because of how slow and boring it is, I eventually turned out to be thankful for it, given what happened. I’m of course nowhere near where I should be timewise because I can’t strain myself in that way right now but I would still have to say that the result is beyond my intial expection as I could pretty easily secure gold on the two TT’s.

A shame to not be able to properly attack and particiapte in the Chevy one as I really did enjoy the few laps I tried there, it felt like a really fun one but I’ll have to “sit that one out” (even if I did set a time, you know what I mean).

19207875bef96-screenshotUrl.png

In that case I don't think I will bother with that TT then bronze is even someway off, I just appear to be a squealing mess of missed apexes and slow exit speeds.
This is one of several TTs I've been wasting hours trying to get silver at least, but not even less than 1.59 for me so far. One full percent to slow and one full second too slow. Should have done the weekly or World GT series or etc. Would pay 500k per hour?? Have tried both on & off all the assists, but no improvements seems possible. Reminds me of the Daytona TT with 2X in which I wasted hours only to get bronze. I could make a stupid claim that only very few players got gold here with DS5, but since I'm an experienced bad player [top 30.000] I know already that's not the reason.

Well... not great.

View attachment 1390289

Had a bike accident last week and ended up in a cast for about a week. First time in my life (at 33 years old, lol) I ever ended up in a situation like this. If you’ve never had a cast like that on your arm (especially your “good” arm), trust me, it sucks. It really sucks. Be careful and take care of yourselves. All in all (if you bother to read the spoiler), I was probably a bit lucky... It definitely could’ve gone worse.
Felt like it was a pretty stupid accident as well because I caused it myself, went down a pretty steep slope, exiting a forest out onto asphalt and misjudged the height and landing as I hit the kerb/road and I fell off the bike, basically fell forward, bike went under me I think, bounced behind me and even then went on top of and landed on me, as it did that some part of the bike also hit the back of my left ear/side of the head (no helmet) and caused a relatively signifcant wound there (five stitches later on), and left quite the mark on the asphalt of the accident, so to speak. Not pretty. First ever time in an ambulance and ER, hopefully also the last.

This also happened after passing through a shortcut which at first we weren’t even going to use but I insisted. The whole reason I was even out in the forest in the first place was after my friends suggested going out to for some running, which I thought was an excellent idea, since it’s been some years and it’s a good way of staying in good shape. In my excitement I forgot I didn’t have any proper running shoes I could use but figured I could follow on a bike, to accompany them and just hang out a little while. Yeah, you can imagine the different levels of regret as I went through it all in retrospect.

Apart from my two friends with me there was also a very nice lady who was cycling home from work and came from the opposite direction and saw my accident just in front of her, funnily enough a nurse, who was very calm, quick nd helpful in that moment, something I appreciated a lot in such a vulnerable and particular (for lack of a better word right now) state. I’m not one for being very emotional openly but really, it was pretty touching.

To cut a long story short I had second x-ray today and thankfully the fracture I have (not sure of exact name, but it’s sort of at the edge of where one’s forearm connects with the elbow) was small enough and has progressed correctly in a desired way the past week so it’ll eventually (around six weeks for full recovery, ish) heal on its own, no surgery needed and I was also able to get rid of the cast today, which was a very nice relief.

And to connect all this to time trials — of course I couldn’t avoid thinking what a situation I now found myself in, potentially being unable to drive completely, surely the up til now, flawless gold streak reaching its end in a poor way, in one of the absolute easiest time trials we’ve had, Gr.4 on Deep Forest. :irked::ouch: What a bizarre situation. Anyway, I tried driving a bit a few days later which, to my happy surprise did work relatively okay. What I intially cursed as a godawful TT because of how slow and boring it is, I eventually turned out to be thankful for it, given what happened. I’m of course nowhere near where I should be timewise because I can’t strain myself in that way right now but I would still have to say that the result is beyond my intial expection as I could pretty easily secure gold on the two TT’s.

A shame to not be able to properly attack and particiapte in the Chevy one as I really did enjoy the few laps I tried there, it felt like a really fun one but I’ll have to “sit that one out” (even if I did set a time, you know what I mean).

View attachment 1390290
Oh man... Sorry to hear about your spill. Get well soon.

Well... not great.

View attachment 1390289

View attachment 1390290
Seems you are recovering as fast as you are driving. 👍 Get well soon!

Well... not great.

View attachment 1390289

View attachment 1390290
I wish you a well and full recovery. Crazy what times you manage despite having a cast (and probably pain).

Well... not great.

View attachment 1390289

View attachment 1390290
Get well soon!!

I had a broken wrist few years ago, I clearly understand what you've described.

Well... not great.

View attachment 1390289

View attachment 1390290
Get well soon.

Ugh. The X2019 at Grand Valley.
  • Car I dislike - ✔️
  • Track I dislike even more - ✔️
  • Most likely no chance of getting gold because aliens in a ridiculously fast car on a difficult circuit - ✔️
  • No interest and therefore skipping the event - ✔️

Aaaanyway...I couldn't stand the thought of riding around aimlessly at Deep Forest with no chance of gaining time tonight. I'll let it be. The C4 was calling my name again. The car handles terribly and the track is not friendly to it with those curbs and armco by the sea. With that said, I'm loving the TT. Tonight was a pickup of exactly 1 tenth of a second. I had my best sectors 2 and 3, but I was a little ways off my best first sector considering I've have numerous 38.1's, a handful of 38.0's and even two 37.9's. Getting deep into the hairpin after the quickie right definitely hurt. I know a sub 54 is possible. I've had the optimals, but it's just a matter of putting them all together in one lap. To answer your question, @Gomario JSP, I don't think we'll ever hit all three! :lol:
View attachment 1390296

I have absolutely no idea how you guys get all those 38.1's and even 37's....... on S1, i absolutely nailed it ONE time this morning ending up in 38.170, my fastest ever but couln't stick it in sector 3, this morning I totally forgotte how to CoD.... mega struggle to get thru there without scraping all paint off...
Drove a bunch of laps with HuD off to eliminate the "seeing splits sweaty hands syndrome" and eventually ended up 1:54.199 so no improvement for me.

I think i'll leave it at that and think i'm going to have fun with the new Mazda :)

Well done mate, that should stick, i think my 1:54.196 prob. doesn't :lol::lol:

Well... not great.

View attachment 1390289

View attachment 1390290
That sounds like a fairly big accident mate,
Always good/nice to have someone around you at that moment to keep the calme alive and very important.
I hope you get well soon and you'll make a complete recovery,

I realy don't know how we supposed to feel now you also showed you can gold things with one arm...., that's kind of disturbing
:lol:

Get well soon mate

Last edited:
Well... not great.

View attachment 1390289

View attachment 1390290
Get well soon !!!! Courage !!!!

Latest Posts

Back