Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,136 comments
After this morning time, I'm in hunt for gold at Suzuka.

1921460098e88-screenshotUrl.jpg

Speaking about Grand Valley, I totally forgot layout and driving monster like that RB is not suggested.
First CE.

Was away most of last week and couldn't get on the wheel, flashed it up today to see the 2 new TTs. Tried the Suzaka one and the car was driving weirdly - noticed that the brake input was going on and off on its own, up to about 50%! Recently fixed an accelerator problem (well, mostly) with air from the top, but that didn't work today.
Stripped the bottom off, blasted all contacts etc with canned air and contact cleaner, put it back together - and it was even worse!
Looks like I'm out of the TTs until I can get it fixed or learn to use the controller. 🥵

That's why I'm not touching the Red Bull TT with a ten foot pole. :lol: Meanwhile, I grabbed a couple tenths at Suzuka. Finally, a really good turn 1, though I feel I left a little bit on the table in the final corner. Even with the course being so short, it's STILL hard to put all three sectors together.
View attachment 1390898

Not to lure you in to something you’ll find endlessly frustrating but I think you’re probably underestimating yourself, concering the X2019 TT.

Would you guys mind giving me some advice, MT is too hard here so AT is an acception.

I changed my mind, the Grand Valley challenge is fun and I actually did really well after 4-5 laps. I set my TCS at 4 though so the machine would not spin out. I dislike T1 at the bridge, I braked between the 300-400 marker so my car would not hit the wall, I wonder if braking at 200 would be better since I would get more speed coming out from the turn.

The next section I should have went flat out and not let up on the gas, and I braked at the 200 marker where the GT7 white cylinder things are. I think my lines at Sector 2 were good and acceptable. My goal is to reach the second bridge at the 0'53.000 second mark. But it's hard, but I'll get it eventually.

At the tunnel before Sector 3, where is the best place to brake(markers)? I think I did good but I'm unsure if I need to brake a little earlier to polish up my driving line.

Overall I think this lap is a fairly good one, let me know what you think.

@manou I'm 5 seconds away from your time.

Last edited:
Managed to nail a good lap in time for F1 Quali… Probably not enough to stay on page one but can relax and build myself up for for the X2019 😬

IMG_9395.jpeg

IMG_9397.jpeg

Last edited:
Back