Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,268 comments
Started to feel a little nervous about my silver in the Red Bull so once again I went back in for more. Found ANOTHER couple tenths (after way too many laps)! Hopefully that's the end of it! lol...

IMG_2058.JPG

Last edited:
I think I’m done with GV. Spent 3 hours on it tonight and improved by .2 but still .3 off from where I need to be. I can’t see how I’m going to do that as I’m sure the time will change again before the weekend and my optimal is still not close to gold either. This one is hurting my brain.

IMG_8618.jpeg

For the other two, I’m still managing to hold into gold. Seaside is still too close for comfort though at +2.97%.

IMG_8619.jpeg

Last edited:
New stint at DT, with good improvement again, and I could have done much better on the next lap...
DT-Corvette-4.jpg

Optimal shows that progress is still possible.

Esses is still a group of turns where I need to get more consistent.

COD... depends, I tend to go slow in to be relatively stable on exit, could be faster but with much more failures.

10 laps medium is much better. 1s better than yesterday (but no big bottle today)

41 laps in.

After many, many laps, I lowered my Suzuka time by a whopping .022 seconds...😩
I don't know what's worse:
1. The crazy and sudden oversteer the car throws at you in turn 1...
2. Touching a single blade of grass coming out of turn 2 or the middle of the final corner that automatically turns the car 90+ degrees sideways or...
3. The horrible understeer coming out of the final turn
View attachment 1391876
Or licking the grass on the apex when you throw the little basterd to the tight to enter the very last corner......🤣🤣
It's getting annoying , its there......but when.....🤣🤣

1000026064.jpg

Still licking my wounds a bit from the MX-5 fiasco :D

However, I would never have thought I'd say this one week ago, but: the Red Bull TT is much more accessible, and I found it way easier to gold (I realise I am in the vast minority with this assessment, but it is what it is 🤷‍♂️).

1727249186395.png

I was stuck with a high 1:27 for a few laps, but after re-watching @Tidgney's video and copying his approach to the left-hander at the start of S2 (staying in 5th gear and applying 30% brake power), it all clicked. Not a safe gold yet, but I think if being pushed, I could go below 1:27. Amazing that I am still almost in the top 1,000, but then again, only ~1,500 people have gold currently.

1727249484541.png

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Still licking my wounds a bit from the MX-5 fiasco :D

However, I would never have thought I'd say this one week ago, but: the Red Bull TT is much more accessible, and I found it way easier to gold (I realise I am in the vast minority with this assessment, but it is what it is 🤷‍♂️).

View attachment 1391909

I was stuck with a high 1:27 for a few laps, but after re-watching @Tidgney's video and copying his approach to the left-hander at the start of S2 (staying in 5th gear and applying 30% brake power), it all clicked. Not a safe gold yet, but I think if being pushed, I could go below 1:27. Amazing that I am still almost in the top 1,000, but then again, only ~1,500 people have gold currently.

View attachment 1391910

Good luck everyone!
How do you check this stadistic? I cannot find in my game that option to see how many peo le are in each rank.

This TT must be one of the least gold achievers right?

I fully support you and ask you to remember this after the soccer match this friday... 😀 (Yes, I am a "Bochumer Jung") So, Attack!!!
Haha, I like where this is going. @half_sourly we should do a nations league :D

On the football part though: I'm not a BVB supporter, maybe you confuse me with someone (well, I am, but only if they play against Bayern, like every self-respecting football fan would do). So forza VfL! ;)

Last edited:
Haha, I like where this is going. @half_sourly we should do a nations league :D

On the football part though: I'm not a BVB supporter, maybe you confuse me with someone (well, I am, but only if they play against Bayern, like every self-respecting football fan would do). So forza VfL! ;)
Hmm... my fault anyway and I am shure it was someone here who might read it (and will comment on saturday...). Now I support you even more.😁 Go, Crome!

Back