Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,452 comments
YEAH BABY !!!.... CONTROLLER SQUAD !!!

1000002296.jpg

You may want to go for it and get an extra 500k for a minimal effort. Just a thought.
Clearly 500k just waiting to be grabbed
Thanks for the consideration but, honestly, I would rather go snowboarding in my underpants than try that combo. 🤣
I was thinking the same until I tried the combo, finally I enjoy it. Very close to silver now.

Clearly 500k just waiting to be grabbed

I was thinking the same until I tried the combo, finally I enjoy it. Very close to silver now.
Yeah, I don't like the car but the time trials with this can in wheels are good fun. I achieved a slight improvement and a sub-28 lap time with 1:27:999... 🤫

My Alfa now has a beautiful orange livery (by a very talented japanese guy whose name I have to look up. Sorry!) and showed his new won speed with a new optimum. Now the driver has to improve, too. I doubt that Jägermeister will help myself in this development... 🙄
192391cd4e347-screenshotUrl.jpg

Look at this @Pesselles ! I am sneaking up from behind...

Last edited:
Last time you'll see me whining about the MX-5, I promise. It's just not working out between us, and it breaks heart 😢. I gave it a final try, and at least arrived at a time that should be a safe gold ...

1727536742666.png

... but there was just no chemistry between us at all, so I broke up with her and threw myself straight back into the arms of an Italian beauty, and we instantly reconnected.

Once again it is super easy to drive consistent laps in this thing, and hunting for hundredths is absolutely addictive. Sitting at P2 of my friends board for now, but I also definitely entered the diminishing returns territory. Current PB is just one tenth above my optimal. But if I can't improve from here, I'm more than happy with what I got.

1727538054837.png

Really want to start the Alfa at Watkins Glen, but I have unfinished business with the Red Bull so staying with it until I get within a tenth or two off my optimals. Gap is currently 0.4 after a quick run this morning - finally into what I’m assuming is a relatively safe gold, but still more to find. Picked up some tips from the always excellent guide from @Tidgney (thanks chap) and currently following Damian Chafe’s ghost (305th I think) and seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. In theory I can get another top 500 placing here so will keep pushing :cheers:
1727539302276.jpeg

Last edited:
This view is something I'd rather not see in the last corner before the S's leading into the final straight with an opt of 1:26,7XX and 4/10 down on that stint's best lap :ouch:

View attachment 1392732View attachment 1392733
At least got a little closer to gold with a validated lap.
Kudos for your resilience and hope you get there eventually! Personally I made the decision to leave it at silver because, considering my own performance, it didn't seem worth it for me to invest so much time and effort into something that looked like an uncertain gold at best.

VR
Kudos for your resilience and hope you get there eventually! Personally I made the decision to leave it at silver because, considering my own performance, it didn't seem worth it for me to invest so much time and effort into something that looked like an uncertain gold at best.
Yeah, the Red Bull got the best of me once before, so I only carefully dipped my toes in the water without much hope and now I'm around 1000km deep into the rabbit hole, lol. Hard to throw in the towel now...

Hi guys (and Greek)

GIF by BrandFire

Previous PB: 1:15.156

1727542889141.png

Much better and obvioulsy, I couldn't stop at this score...

1727543041133.png

Like my teachers used said about me at school: too lazy to do the maximum :lol: (true quote)

1727543212527.png

S1: 30.903 - still not my best but as I struggle to score in 30.8xx or faster, I'll take it.
S2: 24.380 - my second best here, very happy how I manage now the chicane and the left curve.
S3: 19.693 - very disapointed about this one as I score very regularly 0.150 faster :banghead:

The new optimal is really optimistic:

1727543575249.png

but, who knows... :mischievous:

@Jeje6410 : thanks a lot for the motivation, mon ami :)

@Gorefast : I'm waiting for you ;)

Happy lapping, friends!!

I have some more medals to show:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240927170424.jpg

Maybe I could've improved my PB a bit more if I had the time for that, but I doubt it would be possible... it was one of those things "at first you hate it, then you love it", it actually turned out to be a very good combo after all. Another shiny silver in my pocket :D

And after that, I did this:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240927180149.jpg

Finally managed to enter gold territory... but it was a struggle. Took me 107 km to get there, kept trying different settings, at first TCS off, but the thing became a bit too slippery to my liking, so went back to TCS 1.
Definitely felt better with TCS doing its thing, but what really gave me those extra tenths was, surprisingly... turning ABS to "Weak".
I always have it on "Default", but this time I decided to try a different setting... I don't know if it helped me or I just got very lucky but I'll take it! :lol:
Hope it holds though, I am not too comfortable with that time, but I doubt the World Record drops that much... looks like I'll be sweating bullets until next Thursday!

Now, before the Alfa, I had to clear this VERY annoying thing out of the way:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240927182409.jpg

Yeah, right... It's nothing to brag about, I know.
The downside: it's "only" a bronze worth 500K...
The good thing: It only took me like 6 laps to get here so, for the minimal effort I've put into it, its actually a decent prize... AND I can have some peace of mind because I don't have to worry about some alien from Alfa Centauri stealing my gold medal (or even silver!) during my sleep.
So, all in all, its a win!

And with that out of the way, its time for Alfa Romeo at Watkins Glen:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240927185259.jpg

Nice car, but it does have its fair share of understeer. You really have to play with that gearbox to make the thing turn properly.
Or... maybe its me locking up the front wheels when braking... I forgot to switch ABS back to "Default"... I don't know, but I like it!
This is my Personal Best atm without watching any videos, so I reckon after watching Tidgney's guide, I might just be able to climb that ladder a bit more.

Hi guys (and Greek)

GIF by BrandFire

Previous PB: 1:15.156

Much better and obvioulsy, I couldn't stop at this score...

Like my teachers used said about me at school: too lazy to do the maximum :lol: (true quote)

S1: 30.903 - still not my best but as I struggle to score in 30.8xx or faster, I'll take it.
S2: 24.380 - my second best here, very happy how I manage now the chicane and the left curve.
S3: 19.693 - very disapointed about this one as I score very regularly 0.150 faster :banghead:

The new optimal is really optimistic:

View attachment 1392763

but, who knows... :mischievous:

@Jeje6410 : thanks a lot for the motivation, mon ami :)

@Gorefast : I'm waiting for you ;)

Happy lapping, friends!!
Monsieur, when has your last mandatory Titans blood test been submitted? You know, the one that proves you're not an alien...

Back