Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,496 comments
Another very small improvement at Suzuka.

View attachment 1393145

Not much to complain about, probably my first lap without visible mistake.
Just lost a littlte bit in every sector. 🙈
Saw a new personal best at S2 with a 42,950 but screwed it in the final corner. 🥲
Don't think i'm going to improve again, but i'll try.

Jeez, I may have to run this combo again to protect my gtplanet no.1 time😁.

But seriously a .950 checkpoint 2 split is utterly elite, that's .6xx bound If you hook up the final sector. Nice work!

Finally got a chance to give the new TT a serious attempt. Ended up with this which I think might be enough...

IMG_2063.JPG

Put some times in for the Redbull and Alfa over the weekend.

The Redbull is really a piece of work. My first 3 attempts resulted in spinning out on the exit of T1 which was a surprise. Having to drift through the hairpin at the bottom of the hill is... interesting. This car feels mostly just way too fast for this track, and it also suffers from quite severe understeer (hence why you need to drift through the hairpin). Certainly did not enjoy trying to set a time here, hopefully the time of 1:26.936 remains gold because I really don't want to have to come back to this. Currently ranked 1,018th.

Onto the Alfa at the Glen, this is a much more fun car to drive and it sounds incredible. Unfortunately this trial is ruined by the RNG that is the Bus stop chicane kerbs. 50% of the time, these kerbs turn the car into an uncontrollable pogo stick (particularly in the rear) completely ruining the lap. The rest of the track is fantastic though and very satisfying to push the Alfa around. Current time of 1:14.607 puts me 367th. May come back to this depending on what the next trial is and how much time I have this week.

Ranking at Suzuka has fallen to 431st, probably won't go back there since its a safe gold already.

19240ad91d02-5860CCEE9BB8289971F.63A216EF17404752_message_442271361992644_1727622507783.jpg

Hi,

While sunning myself and relaxing with the odd glass of Ouzo, I could not resist looking in on you all to make sure you are all having fun. It seems you are!!! :-)

@newmedia_dev…

Thank you very much indeed for the link to that dashboard. I have been looking for just exactly that for a while now. Brilliant!

@VR…

I am going to say that it does make a big difference. That said - It’s more personal experience that scientific evidence…

I have only just installed the dashboard and not really had it mounted properly on my rig. Then, as above, I have started my holiday. At Watkins Glen, even if I “smash” the introduction to the lap. I am generally 2 or 3 tenths quicker on my second lap. I am pretty sure that is tyre temperatures rather than my driving.

Either way - Good luck in your pursuit of a blazing fast lap. I cant wait to get back into it next weekend.

Photographs of Greek rock / candy to follow…..

Best regards to all here from the beach.

Ian.

Jeez, I may have to run this combo again to protect my gtplanet no.1 time😁.

But seriously a .950 checkpoint 2 split is utterly elite, that's .6xx bound If you hook up the final sector. Nice work!
Thanks 😁

Yes i know that my top splits would give me a .6xx
But runs through S1 that would be fast enough are very rare, so i only got below 43 at S2 5 or 6 times.
And i noticed that the final turn is impossible to get right with a to fast S2 time. 🌝😂😂

Long session in the Alfa this afternoon - first thing was a livery switch to an Alboreto theme from ‘95, and then started to pump in the laps.

Got down to mid 14.6 which I was pretty pleased with but my optimals over 200 miles were a 14.385 which was quite exciting. Realized that I’m quicker through turn 1 on cold tires as my first lap after a restart would invariably be the quickest of any session.

Whittled my way to a 14.580 and then three restarts later, wrapped up this belter, one thousandth up on my optimals for the day! Would like to call this done, but this is a really enjoyable combo, so I may keep grinding as I’m not going back to the Red Bull. Cheers all
View attachment 1393229
That is not to shaaabbbyy at all mate! nice lap!

I have a real love/hate relationship with it :lol:
This morning i had a 1 hour session on it and following Matika and seriously had a bunch of laps where i was almost in his ghost after the right hander after the busstop....., but all with a terrible first corner or a missed apex on the lefthander after that...:lol:
Don't know about optimals because i do restart most of the time now, seems to be a better workflow for me on this one..
So a lot of oppertinity....... but to much faillure :lol::lol:

Great Job Carlos!

Back from my week off and spent time yesterday with the Red Bull. Snuck into gold, but I just don't get high downforce cars. For those who do well in these, do you have any tips or general approaches for high downforce cars where they differ from 'normal' cars?

Latest Posts

Back