Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,543 comments
what is the consensus on tyre warming for time trials and online qualifying?

Is it a placebo?

As well as seems like weak abs is 90% of the time the way to go feel like I can turn at least 30% more or so.

Attachments

• 192445ce89c47-4820BC5FF23F88E3216.1CEA1A8A45F53690_message_442297283943273_1727723765403.jpg
    192445ce89c47-4820BC5FF23F88E3216.1CEA1A8A45F53690_message_442297283943273_1727723765403.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1
Yeah, I'm irritable about it too, now what!! Guess we'll have to throw rocks at the river while we wait. I cannot believe it, I was fixing to work on some more of the Suzuka TT and I got a strange error message. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Angry Black And White GIF by BLoafX

I hope it's back to normal by the time I get home tomorrow night, cause I'll be ready to wrap it up at Suzuka. I only have a little over 2 days of time left there and then it's over. I may not be able to get gold this round either, I've been worried about my mother ever since I found out Friday that she had cancer. So I've been curbing my game time this week. Family is more important than earning gold medals in a racing game.

The Alfa Romeo time trial at Watkins Glen is the most competitive I've ever seen. The amount of identical times on the leaderboard is absolutely ridiculous. I think 3 other people have done the exact time as me but I'm placed below all of them as I did my lap last. It really is a game of millimetres.

Prepped my Mazda with a livery last night. Tonight will be my first chance to record a time - tomorrow my last chance to nab a gold! What's the "difficulty" level on this one @half_sourly ? Where does it rank against the averages?

The Red Bull car at Grand Valley is a no-go for me. I'm terrible with high downforce cars and not great on Grand Valley... so I'll give that one a miss.

Prepped my Mazda with a livery last night. Tonight will be my first chance to record a time - tomorrow my last chance to nab a gold! What's the "difficulty" level on this one @half_sourly ? Where does it rank against the averages?

The Red Bull car at Grand Valley is a no-go for me. I'm terrible with high downforce cars and not great on Grand Valley... so I'll give that one a miss.
500K reward for a bronze time at GV - and it's a 20% cutoff instead of 10. Unless you're one of those lucky souls for whom the credits no longer matter of course...

Last edited:

Good idea, I wish I’d not bothered with GV but even though I didn’t think the car suited the track I had great fun in it the X2019 at RA which didn’t feel long ago at all. Unfortunately as I’ve moaned about before, the physics update has ruined the feel of this car along with other lightweight cars. My guess is that steering weight has some direct correlation with weight on wheels and hence why light cars feel like they are on ice with no feel whatsoever. The X2019 is magnified by the huge downforce it produced so in low speed corners there is no feel whatsoever and at speed it’s like steering an oil tanker.

Trying to get some feel out of the steering I took heed of @Chrome_PuPXD and turned everything in the controller settings up to 11; this did give me a tiny bit more feel coupled with almost uncontrollable vibration down the main straight. It was enough to crack gold again but I don’t think my patience can bare going back through tho at again..

IMG_9042.jpeg

So what of the mx5 at Suzuka? Sadly afflicted with the same light steering problem and somehow they’ve made such an approachable, enjoyable car to hoon in real life an unpredictable, unstable widow maker. Which would be cool if you were going fast when you lost control but given the engine couldn’t pull the skin off a rice pudding, losing control at 35mph feels particularly humbling.

IMG_9041.jpeg
IMG_9036.jpeg

It feels poetic given all my moaning that this is my final time, three thousands of a second off my target and just a smudge outside the top 100. I might just leave it be.

So the Alfa at WG, at last! A combo I enjoy. Yeah it’s not a thrill a minute but consistent responses, short lap and just enough car control to keep me interested. And of course being an Alfa Romeo owner and full on Alfisti driving such a legendary Alfa can never be understated! •chefs kiss•. I’ve got maybe another two tenths in the tank if I can nail the perfect lap. Sadly I don’t have much time before I go away again.. watch this space

IMG_9037.jpeg
IMG_9039.jpeg

The Alfa Romeo time trial at Watkins Glen is the most competitive I've ever seen. The amount of identical times on the leaderboard is absolutely ridiculous. I think 3 other people have done the exact time as me but I'm placed below all of them as I did my lap last. It really is a game of millimetres.
It’s “competitive” because the we're in a Gr.4 car and the lap is 74 seconds with very few corners.

I’d say the Mazda is pretty easy, for reasons already mentioned above concerning the 155 at Watkins Glen. The same reasons can be applied here. Amplified too. Pretty sure you can do it. The car is slow, the track is very short, just 60 seconds in a car of this speed. Might take a few times to get some okay consistency through T1 but it’s T1 so you can easily just restart. Rest of it is just keeping the car under control for a few corners and that’s it. Go right next to the barrier as you end the lap obviously, but I think everyone knows that by now.

I assume the network is back up, good. I'm gonna have fun tonight at Suzuka when I get back home from my shopping today. I'm not even worrying about gold anymore, silver is more appropriate for me since I'm an amateur driver still. But most of you guys have become aliens.

Extra Terrestrial Aliens GIF by Sealed With A GIF

Last edited:

Easy, but not as easy as some of the other Gr.4 events. Mazda one is TT102, ranked 85th most difficult at present.

1727787749473.png

I assume the network is back up, good. I'm gonna have fun tonight at Suzuka when I get back home from my shopping today. I'm not even worrying about gold anymore, silver is more appropriate for me since I'm an amateur driver still. But most of you guys have become aliens.
Honestly, the Mazda and Alfa TTs are on the easy side. Golded the Alfa on lap 6 (once I figured out how to avoid unvalidating each lap) and less than 20 laps with the Mazda, once I figured out how to take T1 somewhat decently.

RB at GV is another level, took me about 30 laps to reach silver and I don't think I could get gold (without investing a lot of time).

Now that you mention it, the CoD is a life destroyer for any type of car that goes through it. Irl it would cause a car to crash and the windows to break. It's dangerous, that's why I quit doing that Vette TT a few days early.

To echo what others have said, the NR-A@Suzuka East combo is really easy too. I’m already more than a tenth into gold region after less than 2 hours of trying just now, and I’m not even in my best state of play today. Car and track feels really enjoyable too. 👍 A really rewarding TT for a SR S/bottom-DR D driver, and I feel I can almost offer some advice/pointers to somebody struggling to reach gold on a wheel. :lol:

In fact, I found it so easy, I’m tempted to see if I can go for a top 10,000 time when it closes. Can anybody here tell me what is the time required for a 8,000-9,000th ranked time at the current moment? I know @half_sourly keeps a record of the results of each TT, and that sometimes include interim results around a week into the TT, but I can’t seem to find the post for this MiatZuka combo, here or over at the results leaderboard thread, so if somebody can link me to the relevant post I would be grateful for that too. :bowdown:

Last edited:
To echo what others have said, the NR-A@Suzuka East combo is really easy too. I’m already more than a tenth into gold region after less than 2 hours of trying just now, and I’m not even in my best state of play today. Car and track feels really enjoyable too. 👍 A really rewarding TT for a SR S/bottom-DR D driver, and I feel I can almost offer some advice/pointers to somebody struggling to reach gold on a wheel. :lol:

In fact, I found it so easy, I’m tempted to see if I can go for a top 10,000 time when it closes. Can anybody here tell me what is the time required for a 8,000-9,000th ranked time at the current moment? I know @half_sourly keeps a record of the results of each TT, and that sometimes include interim results around a week into the TT, but I can’t seem to find the post for this MiatZuka combo, here or over at the results leaderboard thread, so if somebody can link me to the relevant post I would be grateful for that too. :bowdown:
I didn't do interims (was on holiday), but to find 8,000-9,000 times, go to the source: 8,001 to 9,000

Back