Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,640 comments
Last night I had a look on my time at Suzuka and it was still gold, 3% with identical gold edge time...!
Tried to improve it, but didn't succeed.
Went out with hope that someone (Shooter) won't do the thing...

This morning I saw that someone "did the thing" and I was silver.

19251f4d4e265-screenshotUrl.jpg

New TT at Nurb short should be fun.

Hi folks,

public holiday in Germany, so I took the chance to top my friends board for once, and I succeeded! :lol: (sorry @Jeje6410 ;))

1727952146027.png

... but only because @Leon Kowalski who obviously had the same idea is not on that list yet (sent you a request). Nice lap! I am definitely also aiming for a sub 1:34 time, in fact I had a 1:33.837 that was invalidated ever-so-slightly in the final chicane. This is a fun one!

Also had a session yesterday where I planned to improve my Grand Valley time, but in the end I couldn't bring myself to endure that kind of stress again :) ... so instead I hopped in the Alfa and stayed there for two full hours. But only because I had this session pretty early on ...

1727952577280.png

A 1:14.466 optimal with a pretty bad S1, so in theory a low 1:14.3 would absolutely be possible. But I never got there. At least I dropped below 1:14.5 now, which, in the words of @Gomario JSP, is also "not too shabbbyyy" ;)

Anyway, happy with both current challenges, will be tough to decide how to split my time between the two ...

Happy lapping!

Last edited:
@Evilmuffin You know, I earned a gold time on that Autopolis Toyota Alphard challenge last year and that was with a van. That's weird, I do better with the van time challenges than the street/stock cars. What was your time there?

@crome Happy lapping to you too, my mom was diagnosed with cancer at a doctor appointment Friday, and I was so upset I put my time trialing to a halt for 2 days and helped her around the house.

@zaxs I was very close to gold, but didn't go fast and smart enough to reach it. So it is what it is, I can't worry about it anymore.

Last edited:
Hi folks,

public holiday in Germany, so I took the chance to top my friends board for once, and I succeeded! :lol: (sorry @Jeje6410 ;))

View attachment 1393973

... but only because @Leon Kowalski who obviously had the same idea is not on that list yet (sent you a request). Nice lap! I am definitely also aiming for a sub 1:34 time, in fact I had a 1:33.837 that was invalidated ever-so-slightly in the final chicane. This is a fun one!

Also had a session yesterday where I planned to improve my Grand Valley time, but in the end I couldn't bring myself to endure that kind of stress again :) ... so instead I hopped in the Alfa and stayed there for two full hours. But only because I had this session pretty early on ...

View attachment 1393975
A 1:14.466 optimal with a pretty bad S1, so in theory a low 1:14.3 would absolutely be possible. But I never got there. At least I dropped below 1:14.5 now, which, in the words of @Gomario JSP, is also "not too shabbbyyy" ;)

Anyway, happy with both current challenges, will be tough to decide how to split my time between the two ...

Happy lapping!
That is indeed not to Shaaabbbyyy.... mate, nice lap!,

Our difference indeed lies in sector one with a .161 difference.
and your S2 is faster then mine though!, and.... S3 too! ;) .364 to .360 :lol:
I would advice to leave it at this :lol::lol::lol::lol:

That is indeed not to Shaaabbbyyy.... mate, nice lap!,

Our difference indeed lies in sector one with a .161 difference.
and your S2 is faster then mine though!, and.... S3 too! ;) .364 to .360 :lol:
I would advice to leave it at this :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Maybe we should bribe the aliens with cash so they'll take it and give up the gold for once, xD! It's Sprint-R time!!

Hi folks,

View attachment 1393973

View attachment 1393975

Happy lapping!
It was just a little test ....
1000003124.gif
😉😉🤣🤣

Maybe we should bribe the aliens with cash so they'll take it and give up the gold for once, xD! It's Sprint-R time!!
Naah Chris, the aliens make this challenge the way it is, that combined with our own mr. stats leaderboard
makes the need to fight for it, and i love every second of it.

I almost forgot to do the MX-5 time trial too.

Still, three laps for a 1:01.9 was enough for gold.
Well 3 laps, that's not to shaabbyy at all Famine 💪
(i stay silent about the number of laps....... i lost count ) :lol:

I’m still not sure Jon, I’m also tired and a little bit drunk on Rum but the trick was to return to the menu each time rather than do lots of laps or retry button. Every ‘first’ lap the car gripped really well. I improved by over half a second once I figured this out! 🥸

View attachment 1393897View attachment 1393898View attachment 1393899

No Stockholm syndrome here, it’s still a hateful trial but I’m far more at peace with it now I figured out (roughly) what was going wrong!
Yeah, to be honest I've felt like the physics change about each run for about 7 months now but kept it to myself for fear of tinfoil hat accusations, or skill issue accusations :lol:

Le Sarthe McLaren F1, sometimes I wouldn't even be able to start the lap for over 10 attempts, and the car would react completely different to identical ford chicane kerb use. I did record 2 instances where one made me take off, and another took it well and I could get on the power way earlier. Don't think I have it anymore but it did make results feel somewhat random, that was on the old suspension model though so maybe thats been ironed out now but you've noticed some tyre model weirdness.

Last edited:
Thanks Chris...
I am always ready for the action, it's just that I am so inundated with work and life in general that I barely get any seat time these days.

Good luck to you too.
See you on the leader boards :cheers:
Let's hope I get in the gold part of the leaderboard this time, maybe the Sprint will be the push/shove for me. See it takes out the parts that were originally in the GP layout. So I'm glad it is the shortened version this time. I still have to use caution at the left-right chicane just before you reach the finish line. It can be a lap destroyer for some, even the pros and aliens of the leagues.

Last edited:
Well 3 laps, that's not to shaabbyy at all Famine 💪
(i stay silent about the number of laps....... i lost count ) :lol:
:lol:

On pad too. There's only really one and half braking zones, so I figured why bother moving everything about and firing the wheel up.

Road car stuff is usually easier to get the margins, especially low-powered, short-course road car stuff. When I looked last night I was at +2.0x% rather than the usual +2.5x%.

I have only one word to descript the GT-R....."Graceless".

It is almost impossible to drive it in a smooth manner. I had to drive it in anger, and wrestle with the car's AWD system to get the best time.

And speaking of the AWD system....it sure has a mind of its own (and not a very bright one).

Want to turn in with a slight drift to rotate the car? AWD will be like...ooh noooozzz....rear is kicking out! Induce understeer! Which resulted in me missing the apex. Ok...fine...maybe I will induce less oversteer this time. Car be like...nah...you aren't turning enough....let me give you some snap oversteer!

Trying to push the car at the exit? Ohhh...understeer! Let's induce some oversteer! Now I'm catching an oversteer for no reason. Oh...oversteer! Induce understeer! Me heading straight off the track from the sudden understeer....urgh.... Next time I tried to anticipate the oversteer.....it does nothing....me also head straight off track because I don't enough steering angle.

Anyway....after beating the car angrily with an ugly stick, I got a reasonble time.

1000078490.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe you were running IM tyres?

Edit: joke aside. Would be interesting to know your tyre temps. There's a good chance the tyres were overheated, since that behaviour has changed quite a bit since the last physics. But it's weird it happened only to one specific car and the retry issue you posted sounds like an odd bug.

Very strange... so very first lap when you enter the challenge, right? not the first lap after restart? .... wasn't it the opposite on Glenn where one need to run at least two laps to get up tire temperature ? what is going on ?? and now we have some again Physics/suspension update so I guess we will never be able to test it now, maybe we can notice same thing on new one??

With the current physics even if you touch the dirt with 2 wheels your car loses grip (rather than 4 wheels like it was previously) and it's easy to touch the dirt at Grand Valley without realising with the way the limits are
So restarting would just clean your tyres up, I found the car was very inconsistent until I tried to make sure I didn't touch the dirt
This also means that if they did Road Atlanta again I don't think the same driving lines would be quicker

Overheated tyres or dirty tyres yes; but the the thing about it is that the loss of grip is carried over when just pressing Retry rather than go back to the menu and start again; I did 1500 miles on this trial, ask me how I know 😂

And if I did know, I wouldn’t have wasted 1300 miles trying to go fast with one hand behind my back

Yeah, to be honest I've felt the physics change about each run for about 7 months now but kept it to myself for fear of tinfoil hat accusations, or skill issue accusations :lol:

Le Sarthe McLaren F1, sometimes I wouldn't even be able to start the lap for over 10 attempts, and the car would react completely different to identical ford chicane kerb use. I did record 2 instances where one made me take off, and another took it well and I could get on the power way earlier. Don't think I have it anymore but it did make results feel somewhat random, that was on the old suspension model though so maybe thats been ironed out now but you've noticed some tyre model weirdness.
Happy to be the village idiot here :dunce: My spidey sense was tingling all the way through this trial and I’m so happy I got some validation, if not closure…definitely some tyre modelling weirdness, wonder if they are ironing it out with todays update?

IMG_9065.jpeg

P64 with more time on the table suggest that if I am a loony, I’m a fast loony at least!

Ok back to reality, the new trial… god dayum this is fun! I actually love Nurburgring Sprint layout, took me a while but we’ve bonded. I thought the GTR was an odd choice but any car that takes the chicane kerbs well is a friend of mine!

I’ve gone carbon effect for my scheme which looks great in the showroom but atrocious on track, I even botched the photo for maximum effect :rolleyes:

IMG_9064.jpeg
IMG_9063.jpeg

Optimum is in the 1:32s so that’s the goal

@Gomario JSP come at me

Come At Me Old Timey Baseball GIF by Team Coco

Last edited:
I have only one word to descript the GT-R....."Graceless".

It is almost impossible to drive it in a smooth manner. I had to drive it in anger, and wrestle with the car's AWD system to get the best time.

And speaking of the AWD system....it sure has a mind of its own (and not a very bright one).

Want to turn in with a slight drift to rotate the car? AWD will be like...ooh noooozzz....rear is kicking out! Induce understeer! Which resulted in me missing the apex. Ok...fine...maybe I will induce less oversteer this time. Car be like...nah...you aren't turning enough....let me give you some snap oversteer!

Trying to push the car at the exit? Ohhh...understeer! Let's induce some oversteer! Now I'm catching an oversteer for no reason. Oh...oversteer! Induce understeer! Me heading straight off the track from the sudden understeer....urgh.... Next time I tried to anticipate the oversteer.....it does nothing....me also head straight off track because I don't enough steering angle.

Anyway....after beating the car angrily with an ugly stick, I got a reasonble time.

View attachment 1394001
Glad you like it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now i am very curious how this handles..... 1.71% as a start is not to evil though!

hasbulla-hasbik.gif

I'm going to Nokia the cr*p out of it this evening when i get home :lol::lol:

The GTR is interesting...

For all the weight transfer and squealing of the poor tires they don't seem to heat up quickly

Pre lap 1
IMG_1275.png

Lap 4 in to 5 almost
IMG_1276.png

I don't know what the optimum operating envelope is for the sports mediums (or any sports tbh) but for race tires around 75-85 is the best window apparently.

That said my time is only 1:34.4 with a 1:33.9 optimum so a long way off the front runners

With the current physics even if you touch the dirt with 2 wheels your car loses grip (rather than 4 wheels like it was previously) and it's easy to touch the dirt at Grand Valley without realising with the way the limits are
So restarting would just clean your tyres up, I found the car was very inconsistent until I tried to make sure I didn't touch the dirt
This also means that if they did Road Atlanta again I don't think the same driving lines would be quicker
Strange because I was following V Gallo's ghost and he was 2nd in the world or something like that, and he was running two wheels in the dirt at least twice in the lap.

BWX
Strange because I was following V Gallo's ghost and he was 2nd in the world or something like that, and he was running two wheels in the dirt at least twice in the lap.
If it was middle sector then I guess the time gain from cutting would probably be better than the time loss from dirty tyres
Or maybe just a skill issue on my part then 🤣

If it was middle sector then I guess the time gain from cutting would probably be better than the time loss from dirty tyres
Or maybe just a skill issue on my part then 🤣
Yeah I was thinking maybe he tried it several different ways and that ended up being faster even if he did lose grip the rest of the lap. I never noticed loss of grip doing that, but who knows.

The GTR is interesting...

For all the weight transfer and squealing of the poor tires they don't seem to heat up quickly

Pre lap 1
View attachment 1394013

Lap 4 in to 5 almost
View attachment 1394014

I don't know what the optimum operating envelope is for the sports mediums (or any sports tbh) but for race tires around 75-85 is the best window apparently.

That said my time is only 1:34.4 with a 1:33.9 optimum so a long way off the front runners

This app has proven to be quite useful, especially for stuff like this. It takes a good handful of laps to get the tires up to a reasonable temp. Can't just set a banker lap right out the pits anymore it seems like haha.

Took me about a dozen laps to get something comfortable here.

IMG_3349.jpeg

This app has proven to be quite useful, especially for stuff like this. It takes a good handful of laps to get the tires up to a reasonable temp. Can't just set a banker lap right out the pits anymore it seems like haha.

Took me about a dozen laps to get something comfortable here.
It's also important to figure out how this Temp evolves when lapping doing mistakes, which is quite normal in TT runs. Any hint of that?
What's this about?.....I've never seen cars SOLD OUT in the regular dealership, only in the used car dealer.
Maybe an evolution of this to the whole Asian area? Is PD not only taking IRL stuff into the game, but also evolving them in some sort of distopic world?

1727971755745.png

Answer to myself

1727971952660.png

Latest Posts

Back