Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 33,311 comments
60 mile session tonight for 0.015 improvement, and still not below 1:50 🤦‍♂️
1729660982883.jpeg

1729661003359.jpeg

Went online last night to do some practice for the next AMG VC race, didn't realise the time when I stopped, 11:45pm 😯

So tiredness must have decided that the VGT was the best TT to do afterwards....
Not the best idea 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

As the lobbys don't log mileage, you can see how much I did on this TT and what time I finished just to gold it 😅
1000014963.jpg
1000014962.jpg

I was stuck at 2:42.124 for ages and just couldn't get past it, even with better deltas I would end up messing up somewhere.

Then something clicked and I realised that, on corner exits you need to load the tire up a bit then go full throttle and the car grips no problem, so after some 80% throttle on corner exits for a split second then straight to full, I managed to smash my PB by nearly 0.8sec, even though I completely butchered the final corner 😅

That was when I decided I needed to get some sleep.

Even my watch thought the VGT was a bad idea... when I set my wake up alarm it just asked WTF 🤣
1000014965.jpg

Oh well gold and done on this one now 😁

Last edited:
Hi guys (and Greek)

Radio Bremen Hype GIF by funk

(I can smell @Jeje6410 sweating from here... :lol: )

Good session this morning with my M3 Alpina at Dragon Trail but still in trouble with that damned 3rd sector (despite the awesome advices from @skydragon49 ).

It's a tiny improvement (-0.059) but I have some reasons to hope in a larger one soon or late....

1729678190436.png

In this lap, my 3rd sector was 39.220, which is really slow or medium for many of us but pretty good for me. My best S3 is 39.0xx but I'm really too unconsistent to deserve a better ranking. For now...

I regularly end the 2nd split at +/- 1:15.2xx but 9 times on 10, I butcher the 3rd one:

1729678557810.png

It's only (a game) a matter of time, patience, and dedication to align the planets the best way possible.

ATTACK!!!!

I feel like I'm the only one enjoying the M3 and how it handles, it feels well suited to the circuit and I'm having a blast in it! I haven't managed to set a clean lap time yet as I've been pushing it a bit too far, but I feel like when I do it'll be at least a silver. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get gold but given how much I'm enjoying it I may well try!

I feel like I'm the only one enjoying the M3 and how it handles, it feels well suited to the circuit and I'm having a blast in it! I haven't managed to set a clean lap time yet as I've been pushing it a bit too far, but I feel like when I do it'll be at least a silver. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get gold but given how much I'm enjoying it I may well try!
You're not alone. It is a great drive once you get used to it.

You're not alone. It's a lovely drive. 😍

Not only this M3 E36, but also the E46 (I used it to complete some directory events) and the gorgeous E30 which was the chosen car in a TT not long ago, they're all good cars.

Talking about the M3 E30....

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back