Kent

Retired
Staff Emeritus
United States
Southern Louisiana
GTP_Kent
:cheers: Welcome! :cheers:

This is a set of time trials.

Race any individual TT or race all of them.
Results for each "stage" will be listed in this thread.

All time trials are to be done in Arcade Mode with any quick-tune settings.
Any driving options and driving aids are allowed.
You must use the appropriate tire-set for each time trial (no mixing and matching different tire combos).

Make sure you are using the right car and tires! 👍

N-Class Time Trials
(all of these races are on N3 "road" tires)

Amuse S2000 R1 @ Motorland (normal)

0'42.231 holl01
0'43.115 Small Fryz
0'43.175 sr21racing
0'43.311 Iceman
0'44.341 Kent
0'45.565 DeLoreanBrown

NISMO Skyline R34 R-tune @ Motegi Full Course

2'00.021 holl01
2'02.466 Kent
2'07.934 DeLoreanBrown

Honda NSX-R '02 @ Tsukuba (dry)

0'58.807 holl01
0'58.934 Hugo Boss
0'59.694 Iceman
1'00.020 Kent
1'00.302 sr21racing
1'02.250 DeLoreanBrown

S-Class Time Trials
(all of these races are on S3 "sports soft" tires)

BMW M3 '04 @ El Capitan (normal)

1'45.375 holl01
1'46.757 Hugo Boss
1'47.564 Kent
1'56.671 DeLoreanBrown

Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 '85 @ George V (normal)

1'26.958 holl01
1'28.666 Iceman
1'31.276 Kent

VW Nardo Concept @ Circuit de la Sarthe II

3'18.069 holl01
3'23.708 Kent

R-Class Time Trials
(all of these races are on R3 "racing medium" tires)

Mercedes Benz CLK Touring Car @ Nurburgring Nordschleife

5'56.071 holl01
6'02.100 Kent
6'32.542 DeLoreanBrown

Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac Rally Car @ Autumn Ring (normal)

1'12.601 holl01
1'13.148 Hugo Boss
1'13.275 Small Fryz
1'13.738 Iceman
1'15.351 Kent
1'15.672 DeLoreanBrown

Audi R8 Race Car @ Suzuka Full Circuit

1'31.714 holl01
1'34.498 Hugo Boss
1'35.454 Kent

If you have any questions or comments feel free to make them in this thread.
Also, submit any lap times by posting them in this thread.
The thread will be updated regularly and if enough people complete all 9 races, an overall results list will be created as well.

Good luck and have fun! :cheers:

I think I'll have a go in the Amuse R1 right now, it's a great car 👍.

Had a quick go:

Iceman - Amuse S2000 @ Motorland (N3) - 43.311

Forgot to mention but standard OLR rules apply. :P

Also, feel free to leave input about the races.

Finally...
I will update times regularly, although not tonight (sorry ice, you were just too fast about completing one of the events!) :lol:

I'll be back in the morning to see what's going on here and to make any updates if needed (which I know one will be). :D

So until next time,
-Kent

One more for tonight:

Iceman - Honda NSX-R @Tsukuba (N3) - 59.694

Was stuck at the 1 minute barrier for awhile and then smashed it with a very nice lap :D

Nice start, Ben 👍

Can't find a combo that doesn't seem interesting :drool: , so will try my first combo's after the weekend!

:lol:

Close? :lol:
Not really. :(
But thanks for being nice. :D

Now at Tsukuba, that was a bit closer, and once you get the time to run the nismo and M3 I am sure we will continue this. :P

Also, I've gone and done some refinement to the post and results list.
Now there is a lot more red and blue so hopefully people will notice the important info more easily.

I've also removed the "
...[/center[" from the results so that everything lines up properly. :D

Let me know if the thread looks overwhelming, we couldn't have that. :sly:

Oh and btw, I'll be back again later after I've finished a few more of the races. 👍
Till then,
-​

Oh man, that made me sound like an arrogrant asshole, I read it as 43 :embarrassed: Didn't mean it like that :guilty:

Edit: Tried 15 min with the Mitsubishi Rally Car...

1'13.738 Iceman

And another one:

Peugot @ George V

1'28.666 Iceman

Hoping for another .666 on that one 👍

Amuse S2000 R1 @ Motorland (normal)

43.115 (I used DS2)

Few more tenths left.

Nice time fryz.

I've updated the results.
I've also put down some times of my own. All of those times are slow but the point was to get something up there for everyone to see... I will refine the laps later on after I've turned in a lap for each event. :D

Talk to you all later,
Till next time,
-

Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac Rally Car @ Autumn Ring (normal)

1'13.275

👍

Fryz, nice work. 👍

Also, I hate to do this to you all but I am sure you will be happy about it in the end.

I took 2 races that only I have raced and changed them to be better races than they were. 👍

The VW @ Sarthe is now the R8 @ Sarthe I.
&
The R8 @ Suzuka is now a Elise 111R @ Suzuka. 👍

I think this will give us much more enjoyable races. :D
(Atleast I hope)

Sorry about the trouble but in all honesty... The R8 at suzuka was the one race I never really liked. :(
Too much power and control for that course.

I suppose this is just evidence that I haven't done enough work to get these time trials ready for racing. :ashamed:

Thinking about it now...
The Elise should be at Tsukuba on N tires and the NSX should be at suzuka on S tires. :ouch: :banghead:
I don't want to go around changing things constantly though. :(

Let me know what you all think.
Thanks for being patient. :D

Talk to you all again soon,
Till then,
-

(I'm headed off to do the Lotus at suzuka :mischievous: ) :lol:

To be honest, I find the new combo's quite boring :guilty:

Liked the old ones much better. R8 at Le Mans is so easy compared to on Suzuka. And the Elise is just too easy to drive, the NSX-R is much more fun on N tyres. I like how the rear begins to slide in the NSX 👍

The Nardo is a car I haven't driven before so I'd like to keep that one in :dopey:

Don't doubt yourself too much, Kent. The combo's were great at the beginning :sly: Never change too much, that demotivates...

I was scared you would say that. :(

I can understand though.
Sadly, the best of those was in my opinion, the Nardo run. :ouch:

In this case, I'm going with one last change and my size-able gut. ;)

Nardo at sarthe II, R8 at suzuka (we could all use some time on the edge right?). :D
Thanks for being helpful and honest hugo boss.:bowdown:

Indeed, sometimes I doubt myself too much. :(

Edit:
Alright! That's the final change.
The races will stay as they are listed. 👍

Sorry for all the changing but then again, no one ran any of the chaged races so it's all good right? :sly:

I am sure you will all enjoy the Nardo @ Sarthe II, the R8 at suzuka on the other hand may be a bit more of an acquired taste. ;)

Super, Kent 👍

Time for me to get some times in 💡

Edit:

Audi R8 @ Suzuka:

1'34.498 Hugo

CZ-3 Tarmac @ Autumn Ring:

1'13.148 Hugo

NSX-R @ Tsukuba:

0'59.212 Hugo

Right back at ya! :cheers:

Although be afraid, very afraid. :mischievous:
I'm headed to Suzuka and contrary to what may be expected, I am going to atleast go under 1'36.0... Would like to beat your time Hugo. :P
(doubt it though) :lol:

Also, once I finish the entire set of races, I am going to add up all the times and put a "total time" category up there. :D
Should encourage you all to finish the entire list of races and at the same time give me a chance to be #1 while I can. :guilty: :lol:

I hope to see you all enjoying the races for a while... Good luck with any of the races you all haven't done.
I'll be back later after I finish a few laps.

Until next time,
-
(btw, my george V and Autumn Ring times are going to suck for a while, I just don't have those tight course skills :( ). :rolleyes: :lol:

(Edit )
I've just finished an R8 lap and posted the time. 👍
Not as good as it will get from me but still a start.
Now only one race left before I can post a total time... Too bad I suck at math. :ouch:

Edit v.2:
Just finished a Nardo lap. :dopey:
Fun stuff for Sarthe II. 👍
Now I've got an entire set... Just means it's time to start shaving those bad times down to respectable laps. :D

hi,

had some time 2 complete only 2 races so far, they are 2 of the n3 ones

s2000 at motorland 42.279
and honda at tskuba 58.807

Nice time in the NSX, Dan 👍

Did some more laps in the NSX and I'm now on 58.934. Can see more but that would require a lot of time for me. Might try again later, but if you go under 58.7 I give up :crazy:

Also did a few laps in the M3 on El Capitan: 1'46.757

Nurburgring - Mercedes CLK Touring Car '00 - 6'01.325

T1- 38.334
T2- 1'07.037
T3- 1'31.267
T4- 2'14.244
T5- 2'47.003
T6- 3'09.921
T7- 3'51.739
T8- 4'27.563
T9- 4'45.677
T10- 5'21.504
T11- 5'42.465

Time Trialing is still news to me but i felt i needed to publish my excursion into this domain with the four i attempted yesterday ;
AMUSE S2000 @ Motorland , N3s : 0'47.463
NSX-R '02 @ Tsukub , N3s : 1'02.25
BMW M3 '04 @ El Capitan , S3s : 1'56.671
MB CLK Touring @ Nurburgring , R2s : 6'32.542

These look laughable compared to what you have already but the challenge is a thought-provoker ; if you know a pretty good time before you embark on a trial then its bound to goad one into a push . This did'nt happen as such but knowledge was acquired .
The NSX-R @ Tsukub on Roads is a Babe , such fun that i fell into a sort of trance and never really sorted a concerted attack & i confess i did'nt bump the ps for my best(ghost) because w/ low weight the gearing caught sweeter at level power . It became a pleasure drive and the road tyres bring the tsukuba circuit out in all its's nuances.
The AMUSE @ Motorland , i ran as a single of 3laps first w/ el rodas to see if it looked clean in competition . Then i generated that time quickly in the trial but ile probably be back if you leave this thread open for >1wk . None of the aboves are official:lol:! I keep all ghosts&replays of import but ime awaiting the MaxDrive from Santa , so its very cloak&dagger:lol:!
For some reason though i feel confident that i could take 3to4 seconds easy in Motorland , But 59s in the NSX sounds like a much longer session to me . An under a minute there is real work and ime racking me brains trying to envision a better braking strat . Next session , i need answers LOL !!
I just ran the specs of the other two , keeping an eye on cleanliness at all times ;
2Laps of the Nurb in the CLK Touring on mediums was tough but i decided to use the first reasonable lap , i hope this does'nt sound slackered but ime under some constraints . Basically this time is woefull but it was CLEAN , there is room for improvement and props to ure 6'03 Kent 👍 We learn where others lay the Tar:bowdown:
The M3 is a very characterfull arcadian on Softs and the crazy paving of ElCapitan gives it something to chomp up , unfortunately this time is really only a marker as i did'nt look into this for too long but that 1'48 is begining to look like a sticky already.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity for some external excitement to the GT4 Ho . & Big-Ups to Small Fryz & Iceman 👍👍 Now that ive done some testing ure driving is starting to acquire awesomeness .

One shouldn't expect to have their times praised, only be gracious if it happens. Especially when they have no way of proving their times...

Didn't mean to be hard on you but it's just a fact here in OLR. Get a max drive and you will gain a lot of respect 👍.

Wakeem
howcome I can't pick sports tires for the Peugeot. All I see is racing tires. :ill:

That's not the correct car.

Look for the exact car by title.

You are selecting the rally car, this race is with the street 205.

Yo,

had some time to do all of the races now, and i must admit, the only one that wasnt enjoyable to race was the BMW at EI captain, the rest of them were very good, good job kent!

motorland 42.231
tskuba 58.807
motegi 2'00.021

ei captain 1'45.375
georgeVparis 1'26.958
circuit de le searthe II 3'18.069 (dfp)

suzuka 1'31.714 (dfp)
autumn ring 1'12.601
nurburgring 5'56.071

cya

Back