• Thread starter Clio182
  • 83 comments
darclio
New events are up.

Time trial 23.

NASCAR Cape Ring Inside Time Trial
Period of Availability: 2011/11/16 22:00 - 2011/11/30 22:00
Gold: Cr.250,000 Silver: Cr.150,000 Bronze: Cr.100,000

This is a Time Trial on the Cape Ring Inside course using NASCAR racecars only. No tuning is allowed, and Racing/Hard tires are required.

345HP Trial Mountain Circuit / Reverse / Time Trial

This is a Time Trial on the Trial Mountain Circuit / Reverse using non-racecars with 345HP or less. Cars can be tuned up to 345HP and 1000kg. Tires are limited to Comfort/Soft or less.

Eiger Nordwand Short Course / Reverse Drift Trial

This is a drift trial on the Eiger Nordwand Short Course / Reverse for any car with comfort/soft tires or less.

Nürburgring GP/D Drift Trial

This is a drift trial event on the Nürburgring GP/D, for any car with comfort/soft tires or less.

I dont know if the OCD has been updated, Any news?

OCD has been updated, it's all the rally cars in the game. Might we FINALLY get a rally car seasonal next week that everyone has wanted since the game came out???

I have them all, its just nice to have them 0/0...

I'll pick up a few more too! 👍

TT for no tuning and tuned. This is the way they should always do it i think. Should please some people to see the no tune one.

Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: The Nascar TT is not a true no tune TT. You can engine detune and adjust trans and suspension settings.

Last edited:
Or allow up to 5% detuning so we have some flexibility. You know, if the hp limit is 345hp and you have a 350hp car you really want to use.

Eiger drift is good fun. Hard work getting the 360 up those hairpins, but got gold with 9980 after a few attempts. If I could pull all my best sectors together in one lap I'd be nearer 13k.

omg not another r390 challenge :grumpy:

I didn't bother with r390 and took swift sport '05 for a spin and I did 1:48 :dopey: now I'm waiting for my friends to beat that time so I'll have motivation to do a better time

Had a few laps of the NASCAR event, 16th when i posted 47.663
Such a horrible horrible car to drive :/

Hate r390 events, i always need to borrow it.
If they dont want to give us a car for the event, they should make the car restrictions alot more specific

Had 20 mins on the drift this morning - golded the Eiger first attempt but didn't like it so moved into Nurb'.... They want a shorter event don't they? Lol, 3 corners. Perfect! Fell just shy of 10,000, hit 22nd place, top was 10,4xx at the time. One would expect it to get nearer 12,500 when big boys get involved...

For anyone struggling with the Nascar TT, try lowering your HP, I put mine down to 75% to stop all that loss of traction. Still got a little but not a lot. First try at 75% got 50.4 seconds.

I have never figured out how slip diff works so don't usually bother. I know I can come on here and see what everyone recommends changing it to but my tip is for those that can't be bothered, or just don't want to change that setup.

Anyone wanna share some tune for the Nascar TT ?

Mines Junk

Camber..3.5/2.0
Springs 2 full down..F/R
ride height..-20/-10
Toe..-.20/+5
Downforce..Max,F/R
Shocks and bars..Stock
Transmission,3.73.1...Top speed 193? LSD 30/60/20
ABS,1...All else off
In car view

Best time so far...49.199...But I'm still trying...

Thanks,playnthru

Last edited:
The Trail Mountain TT has a pretty easy Gold time of 1:56:XX, if I remember correctly. I just grabbed a VW Nardo @345hp/1300kg and ran a 1:40:xx right out of the gate.

The NASCAR TT is a bit tighter, but I only tried it a couple of times last night. The key for me is managing wheel spin and not drifting the corners. My Daytona setup is not quite ideal for turning, but I'm sure I can muddle through to get the Gold tonight. 👍

Could someone please point me in the direction of a good tvr drift tune?

I tried using

tvr speed 12 drift tune

as a search parameter on this very forum and got this page

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/search.php?searchid=5551368

(dunno if this'll work)

which doesn't seem to be bristling with obvious links to tvr speed 12 drift tunes.

PS if you get the same page I did, the 14th link down appears to be a TT tune rather than drift.

Mines Junk

Camber..3.5/2.0
Springs 2 full down..F/R
ride height..-20/-10
Toe..-.20/+5
Downforce..Max,F/R
Shocks and bars..Stock
Transmission,3.73.1...Top speed 193? LSD 30/60/20
ABS,1...All else off
In car view

Best time so far...49.199...But I'm still trying...

Thanks,playnthru
This tune fit for 2011 or 2010 NASCAR?

What this game needs is a way to crush, destroy, burn and explode a car. I want to do all of those to the Nascar I used. I just want to blow it to a thousand pieces, gather those pieces, crush said pieces of car into a tiny cube and then burn it with fire.

Never again.

I mate, have you changed camber/toe and final gear?

Make sure you do an oil change and de-tune to 850hp

aero
50 -- 70

gear
max speed 310 kmh

LSD
0 -- 32
0 -- 55
0 -- 26

suspension
6 -- 6
11 -- 10
6 -- 6
6 -- 6
6 -- 6
2 -- 1.8
0.04 -- 0.10

brake
5 -- 5

Just posted a 47.352 with this, in 15th atm
It's a 2010 NASCAR, not sure if it makes a differance

Make sure you do an oil change and de-tune to 850hp

aero
50 -- 70

gear
max speed 310 kmh

LSD
0 -- 32
0 -- 55
0 -- 26

suspension
6 -- 6
11 -- 10
6 -- 6
6 -- 6
6 -- 6
2 -- 1.8
0.04 -- 0.10

brake
5 -- 5

Just posted a 47.352 with this, in 15th atm
It's a 2010 NASCAR, not sure if it makes a differance
Testing playnthru setup's I've improved 2,5 seconds, now at 48.464 with a 2011 NASCAR. I'll test your and I'm sure will improve yet

What this game needs is a way to crush, destroy, burn and explode a car. I want to do all of those to the Nascar I used. I just want to blow it to a thousand pieces, gather those pieces, crush said pieces of car into a tiny cube and then burn it with fire.

Never again.

Don't hate the car becaeuse you can't drive it. Its pretty easy to drive if you just learn how these cars drive. Granted, its not a Cadillac, but its not as bad as you and other people make it out to be.

Awesome, a nascar fan defending a car that was meant to go around a track at pretty much a constant speed in a convoy. I understand your point and naturally things would be different if I could control the car perfectly. Thing is, it's not supposed to be driven on a track like this in the first place, small wonder it's stupidly hard to control.

Why can't we have a nascar TT on an oval?

not super excited about these seasonals.

I hate 2 sections drift trials (I think the event should last longer than the load time *ahem* Nurb drift trial...). The Eiger drift is okay but the really tight turns slow things down a lot - the big turns make for pretty drifts though.

The Trial Mountain Time Trial was okay - I just used my BBS Subaru that I used for the Gran Turismo expert seasonal (same tune and everything). The NASCAR run was kinda bland to me as well.

Just wasn't pumped about this round - once I got gold on the events, I really didn't feel like trying to better my score. Oh well, here's to hoping the next update rocks!

NASCAR and Cape Ring, greaaaaaaaaaaaaat...
Did 1 lap, 49.xxx - 1 million taken, THANKS, BYE.
Trial Mountain on the otherhand is fun, had a 30 minute run and was 150ish in the end.
Ran 1:35.5xx, used sixaxis (can't be bothered setting up the wheel).

For me 1:34.2 is possible, maybe even 33.x but I don't have time to put in a TT just now.

Awesome, a nascar fan defending a car that was meant to go around a track at pretty much a constant speed in a convoy. I understand your point and naturally things would be different if I could control the car perfectly. Thing is, it's not supposed to be driven on a track like this in the first place, small wonder it's stupidly hard to control.

Why can't we have a nascar TT on an oval?

NASCAR cars run on many different tracks. Large ovals to small ovals and road courses aswell. You just have to know how to set up the car for the track your running on, thats all. Granted, this is not the best track for a NASCAR time trial, but a fun challenge nontheless. And yes, a time trial at Daytona or Indy would be awesome.

Back