6 -- 6
6 -- 6
2 -- 1.8
0.04 -- 0.10

brake
5 -- 5

Just posted a 47.352 with this, in 15th atm
It's a 2010 NASCAR, not sure if it makes a differance
Good set man, it feel good with 2011 NASCAR. I've improved at 0.47,443 ranking 83. But I need to increase speed during the long corner before the terrible S and I don't know how.

Good set man, it feel good with 2011 NASCAR. I've improved at 0.47,443 ranking 83. But I need to increase speed during the long corner before the terrible S and I don't know how.
nice time man! 👍

I like to go into that long left hander, out - in - out.
So I get out to the right on entry (near middle of the road)
Turn in hard, ease off the accelerator letting the speed drop to about 142 or 143 mph,
getting all the way to the inside of the track.
then full acceleration back to the outside using every inch of the road.

I havent quite figured out the S-bend so well yet :/

I think If I have another go of GT I will be playing the Time Trial Challenge,
There are some really really fast drivers showing up, that usually never race so I want to see if i can keep up with them :D

Last edited:
yep, I thought it was strange too, but these NASCAR's handle quite differantly to others. I made this set-up and thought it was quite stable and felt quite comfortable with it.

I tried the front toe slightly negative, but it was making the front tires hot on the long sweeping left hander before the horrible last chicane and i thought i was losing a couple mph too it

Thanks
Not much time, 30 or 40 minutes on 17th and 18th.
I find its best to do about 20 laps each day I try it. That is the sweet zone.

Im nowhere near as good as the top guys but I can do some good laps after taking part in the GT Academy Time Trials, where I did upwards of 1000 laps on the track.

Those Time Trials where really competitive so the amount of laps were necessary for me to have a chance of making the national final. But I learned a lot about the car handling, braking, driving line, throttle control.
Hi mate.I just get try today with nissan.1.36.xxx dont know the track yet so hope could be better.may you give me some advice where i can start learning about the car handling, braking, driving line, throttle control etc....thx

nice time man! 👍

I like to go into that long left hander, out - in - out.
So I get out to the right on entry (near middle of the road)
Turn in hard, ease off the accelerator letting the speed drop to about 142 or 143 mph,
getting all the way to the inside of the track.
then full acceleration back to the outside using every inch of the road.

I havent quite figured out the S-bend so well yet :/

I think If I have another go of GT I will be playing the Time Trial Challenge,
There are some really really fast drivers showing up, that usually never race so I want to see if i can keep up with them :D
On the "terrible S" I'm testing to climb in 1° gear from 2° gear for a fraction of a second to give correct direction, reducing the width of the semicircle, to be faster on the straight. What to you think about?

Hi mate.I just get try today with nissan.1.36.xxx dont know the track yet so hope could be better.may you give me some advice where i can start learning about the car handling, braking, driving line, throttle control etc....thx

I find it can be good to download one of the top 10 lap's ghost car, and just follow them around the track, watch their line and their braking points.
After a while you should be able to stay very close to the ghost (within 1 or 2 seconds).
But then you need to turn the ghost off in order to go faster, because you need to find referance points on the track and not on the ghost car(Which will change position relative to you on each lap)

Btw, 1:36.xxx is a very good lap, you will be faster each day 👍

On the "terrible S" I'm testing to climb in 1° gear from 2° gear for a fraction of a second to give correct direction, reducing the width of the semicircle, to be faster on the straight. What to you think about?

Let me know how it goes , I have been taking it in 2nd gear, and switch to 3rd on exit for a little more traction, then try and maintain roughly 90 mph until i can see the exit onto the main straight and accelerate to right hand side, hopefully not onto the grass :dunce: But I was losing upwards of .5 seconds to the leaders on that last section:crazy:

Last edited:
Just improved my time to 47.417, good enough for 80th on the board for now. A couple more tweeks on my setup and I should be able to shave some more time off.

NASCAR : #2965 with a 0:49.672
Trail Mountain : #51799 with a 1:50.597 (Nissan 240ZG (HS30) '71)

Just did a hour long session on the NASCAR TT and improved to 41st on the leaderboard with a time of 47.146. Just under a second behind the leader. Gettin' there. HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone.

Could anybody gift/give me a R390 to use for the time trial and I will gift it back or gift/give a car if you are looking for something yourself,I cannot get below 1:42 in my Italian stallion lol

#435 Deep forest 1:35.430 (Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car)
#636 NASCAR 0:48.299

using a DS3 :embarrassed:)

Make sure you do an oil change and de-tune to 850hp

aero
50 -- 70

gear
max speed 310 kmh

LSD
0 -- 32
0 -- 55
0 -- 26

suspension
6 -- 6
11 -- 10
6 -- 6
6 -- 6
6 -- 6
2 -- 1.8
0.04 -- 0.10

brake
5 -- 5

Just posted a 47.352 with this, in 15th atm
It's a 2010 NASCAR, not sure if it makes a differance

0.47,330 - 77° ranking - with your setup, using NASCAR 2011. you have changed something? I've only changed brake (7/6)
thanks man

0.47,330 - 77° ranking - with your setup, using NASCAR 2011. you have changed something? I've only changed brake (7/6)
thanks man

Nice driving mate 👍
Try changing the toe on the front slightly negative, -0.02 or -0.04
I think thats the only differance I made since

@PR1VATEJ0KER:tup:
changed only front toe at 0.00 now 0.47.124 - 47 ranking!!! But I stop here, I'll try to improve Trial Mountain with R390. Any suggestion for setup?

Last edited:
NASCAR:I set up the above suspension 15/15.this is my time: 0:47.060 .Cape ring is a very strange circuit...

@PR1VATEJ0KER:tup:
changed only front toe at 0.00 now 0.47.124 - 47 ranking!!! But I stop here, I'll try to improve Trial Mountain with R390. Any suggestion for setup?

Hey nice time 👍 your right ahead of me! Maybe I shouldnt share set up anymore :lol:

Any one got a NASCAR I can steal. Not got enough credits for one.

I wont be at my playstation before the TT runs out 2night.
There was an event a while ago with a free NASCAR for trying it,
Y U NO DO IT MAN ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Just watched #1 on the Trial Mt leaderboard. Cant fathom how he turned a 1:30 and never came within 1000 rpm of the redline. Not only shortshifted in general but even on the back straight he seriously short shifted. I get 40 mph more there then him...he's bare hitting 140.
I understand shortshifting to prevent/control wheel spin but seems excessive in this case.
I guess that means he could have run 1:30 flat...:(

EDIT: ok think I see whats going on...for whatever reason, detuning the 390's engine has moved the power band downward(200 rpm) and it was already low revving...max hp @ 5300(thats less than my lump of an american V-8) max torque @4000
my bad for assuming a wanna be racecar should be revved

crap!, went to load it up to verify my post above and the danged update came an hour early. Time to find out how stupid the X2010 TT is...:D

Final ranking in the NASCAR TT: 27th, 46.835. 3rd among Americans. Enjoyed the challenge.

PR1VATEJ0KER
Hey nice time 👍 your right ahead of me! Maybe I shouldnt share set up anymore :lol:

I wont be at my playstation before the TT runs out 2night.
There was an event a while ago with a free NASCAR for trying it,
Y U NO DO IT MAN ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

I only just really looked at the other ones in the I been doing other races and the other special TT

lets see the new X1 TT

my car :

x2010 vettel

changes : 250 or more
distance driven : 17972.6km
wins: 34

hahaha this was my 1st x1 , i think hes getting old :lol:

I must have a good set up on my NASCAR cause I got a '51 on my first try. And I am not even that good at GT5.

I was able to knock it down into the '49s.. I actually kinda liked the trial. Short and sweet with some fun turns.

As for the the drift events. I finally think I have my Shelby GT350R '65 set up well. I was able to gold both easily and actually finish in the top 1000 (at the time). Not bad.

Can you Please share your Shelby GT350R '65 Drift Settings?

Back