Time Trial #52 | SLS AMG & Snow

• Thread starter JeremiahTB
  • 138 comments
Seems like I raised the final before setting the max speed to minimum :D

I think Mazzy's tune is good... I was running a hybrid of his and mine today and could feel it had potential to be really quick.

Im doing the same. Mazzy's set-up is extreemly close to the one i had for a 1:28.4. At the moment back at 1:28.4-5 with the new build. My only issue is i cant get consistant with rear end breaking i prefer front end breaking. So I have a stiffer front and less toe angles, it was way to fish taily before (but probably benefits at the hairpin). Bit more tweaking and hopefully break this 1:28.4 barrier.

Ok Im in the 1:27's ...just about.

Struggled to find ratio ranges again, got there in the end. Tweaked to give longer 2nd, 3rd & 4th.

Reset to default. Set Max Speed to 211mph. Set Final to 4.664. Then Max Speed to 137mph (Gets Mazzy's ranges).

Tweaked Mazzy's ratios to...
1st 3.223
2nd 2.469
3rd 2.007
4th 1.687
5th 1.442
6th 1.248
7th 1.089
Final 3.133

Mazzy i dont know how you found it, but it offers the fullest range of the box really well. ...thumbs up! 👍

Happy new year Guys! Health, Happiness, Love and Peace to all friends here!

Ps. And to you PD, I Forgive You!!:cheers::gtpflag::)

Don't think I have seen a single time posted here for Chamoix. Is everyone's that bad?
Or is everyone concentrating like I have been on the AMG.

Anyway, had a go on the snow with a couple of Lancers and are currently on 2:13.602 @ #2,617, only about 15 secs off the lead.

So it would appear that after 5 days of this TT I have posted the fastest lap so far.

Well, that's one way of looking at it. Happy New Year.

The gold time for the SLS TT seems pretty generous, using a recently bought SLS with only 60 miles on the odo, 556 PP ( no oil change ), bog stock, only change the BB to 10/8, no ABS or other aids, SH tire, after a couple of laps warming up the tire, 1:32.654, with a lot of room to improve. I love how the car handles on this city course, imho stock is perfect :D

Last edited:
That sounds like a challenge Ridox, but not one I will be taking up any time soon.

It would be months away before I felt capable of driving without ABS and quite frankly I just can't see the point of going down that route when it's not required.

There might be some others here who are prepared to try the race without ABS and with reduced PP, hope someone does.

That sounds like a challenge Ridox, but not one I will be taking up any time soon.

It would be months away before I felt capable of driving without ABS and quite frankly I just can't see the point of going down that route when it's not required.

There might be some others here who are prepared to try the race without ABS and with reduced PP, hope someone does.

Not a challenge really :P, just to let everyone knows that even with stock SLS, gold is easily achievable, the car has 557HP, 556 PP. It tops at 162 mph on the main straight before braking, the time 1:32.654 have 1st sector at low 28 seconds, 2nd sector mid 55 seconds.

I have run several laps more, managing mid 27 seconds 1st sector and mid 54 seconds 2nd sector, but I got red lap due to scraping a wall :banghead:, it should have been 1:30.xxx or 1:31.xxx at least ... I don't like the big esses, easily pushed too hard and scrape the wall, had several quick sector times spread over several laps, but always got me a red on each one :ouch:

You can try a stock SLS with ABS, should be around the same time, a full break in + oil change will be even faster, sub 1:30 I presume.

3rd and 4th fastest times on the board are without ABS. If you can adjust the BB it isn't much of a challenge once you're used to it. :)

Yet to try this one. Still trying to get better in the C7 one (where BB can't be changed :banghead:, had to turn ABS on to stay consistent. :().

Happy New Year everyone :cheers:

Don't think I have seen a single time posted here for Chamoix. Is everyone's that bad?
Or is everyone concentrating like I have been on the AMG.

I have a 2'01 at Chamonix, but not really motivated to chase a quicker time... using a tuned road car, a massive corner cut and a wall ride to get a competitive time isn't really what the game is about IMO.

Happy New Year everyone :cheers:

I have a 2'01 at Chamonix, but not really motivated to chase a quicker time... using a tuned road car, a massive corner cut and a wall ride to get a competitive time isn't really what the game is about IMO.

Ahh well, for a couple of hours here today I had the fastest posted time there.

I can live with that, ha ha ha.

Take care.

Quite how a RM road car can be faster than a 4WD rally car on snow I don't know but if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Currently 450th with a 2.07 which is probably my best TT position ever, and if a lot of the really good drivers don't bother with this one because of all the cheats I may be on for my first top 1000 finish.
I was following one of the top guy's ghosts and just couldn't match his top speed on the flat-out sections. He was hitting 140+ and I couldn't get above 125. Then I noticed the brake bargraph was flickering all the time. The brake pedal on my DFGT was not releasing fully. I wedged a bit of sponge under the pedal and was suddenly 10mph faster and gained about 5s. I don't know how long this been going on but I'm expecting some alien times from now on. This may be a little optimistic.

Currently running some more laps at SSR5. Improved by a tenth, but keep getting .2 -.3 up on that at T2 only to lose it all in the last part of the lap :banghead:

Edit... 2 laps after posting that I found .2 to improve to 1:26.407 (16th). That's enough of this one for now!

I'm expecting some alien times from now on. This may be a little optimistic.

:lol: You never know ;)

Last edited:
Happy New Year guys. :crazy:
A bit jaded today from last night so i doubt i'll make any improvements. :ill:

Hit a 1:27.672 yesterday. Looking at my sector times to the leaders, 2 is the best whilst 1 & 3 are off by about 0.5 & 1 sec. I think it could be timing the exit for the straight and entrance to the first corner.

From the clips of the 10 fastest places I saw yesterday, they were running wings on this car.
The tune you modified does not have a wing.
Praiano did another tune for AMG Academy replica car with a wing, but it uses RH too.

You might have a look at that and try to combine the 2 tunes.
Or give Praiano a holler on his thread and ask him what to do, he is very responsive to questions.

Did a 1:35.5 with this tune. Only did not put on the ballast and no power limiter. Car handles great with this tune, even with sports hard tires.

Just want to thank Stotty for the great tune, not only this one but for previous seasonal races and I hope for future ones as well. Thanks mate. 👍

Anyone trying to break into the leaderboard with something other than the elise rm?

Just started trying with some others. All rally cars. By the leaderboard you mean the top 256? I'm in 405 with an Elise but thinking I can beat it with something else. I see there is a Subaru in there somewhere. I won't be getting in the top 10 with any I'm just not there yet. I always try to get in the top 256 with the ones I try to. Still learning lots by trying and lots of fun.

Finally the SLS TT has been Golded, glad to say though, not due to it being a tad tricky. But 3 grandchildren over for the holidays & they went home yesterday. Not a bad time of 1:35.239, hats off to the guys getting sub 1:26, very impressive. We've got it for a few more days, but I think my time will now be spent doing the New Year Seasonal.

Edit: here's the tune I used, new SLS with oil change:

Every part fitted, inc. all weight reduction kit.

Max Power: 721bhp
Weight: 1513kg

Gear Ratio:

1st 3.875
2nd 2.667
3rd 1.978
4th 1.524
5th 1.220
6th 1.014
7th 0.875
Final: 3.963
Max Speed 205mph

LSD 10

Suspension:
-20 -20
13.2 13.2
6 6
6 6
4 4

2.8 2.4
-15 5

BB: 5 5

I don't know if it going to be of any use to you guys, but it worked for me. Have fun.

Last edited:
Congrats' for getting gold Sheene, many have found it a difficult race to get a fast time on.

If you are seriously considering improving your time though I would suggest you check out Stotty's/Mazza's tunes a few pages back and see if they help.

Quite a few people here have said those tunes took seconds off their previous times. Myself included.

Congrats' for getting gold Sheene, many have found it a difficult race to get a fast time on.

If you are seriously considering improving your time though I would suggest you check out Stotty's/Mazza's tunes a few pages back and see if they help.

Quite a few people here have said those tunes took seconds off their previous times. Myself included.

Cheers Dalone, Stotty's tune was the first I tried as, like you said, it seemed to be the one the majority of drivers had been using. But I found keeping the SLS's rear end where it belongs i.e. behind the front end, Stotty's was a little to tail happy for me, so had a fool around with my own. But the SLS is a strange beast, like Stotty's said earlier, there's so little grip from the front & very little traction from the rear, I looks like its just down to how we drive as individuals.....plus, I'm not the biggest SSR5 fan out there lol

Into 85th with the SLS. There is good chance i could get a 1:26.

Had a crazy idea that not changing the bonnet could put a bit more weight at the front. It felt different from the off but not altogether convinced it worked.
Found 3 tenths but i think that was down to increasing the spring rates.

Had a crazy idea that not changing the bonnet could put a bit more weight at the front. It felt different from the off but not altogether convinced it worked.

Good job improving 👍

Considering that all the tunes I've seen are using ballast at the rear I doubt 'putting a bit more weight on the front' would help ;)

No need for a tune for a gold on SSR5. Straight from the dealership to the track, and what a joy to drive after that treacherous Corvette on the nurb. Wasn't expecting to enjoy this one but it looks like it could be fun.

Almost!
Into 61. with 1:27.074.
The must be getting thinner now, my but cheeks are getting tighter.

Will post set-up later, just got to eat.

Set-up so far.

SLS AMG from dealership
fully equip (except supercharger)
Stage 3 Engine & Stage 3 Weight reduction

721bhp 1479kg
Ballast 166kg @ 43
Power 100%

Height -18, +30
Spring 18, 15
Ext. 3, 4
Comp. 3, 4
ARB 3, 3
Camb. 2.3, 2.2
Toe -0.07, -0.01

LSD 8/14/10
Brakes 6, 6

Gears. (set Max Speed to 211, set Final to 4.664, set Max Speed to 137, then set ratio's & Final)

final 3.170 (195mph at the top)

I found the stock SLS tricky to drive without ABS but managed a gold time after changing the BB to 5/3.
Bought another one and put Stotty's tune on it but it seemed too eager to point itself in the wrong direction so I put a wing on it, stiffened and lowered the rear, and moved the ballast forward to make it more neutral. This got me a 1.32 but I couldn't improve on that so I went back to Stotty's settings and this time it felt much easier to handle. I guess it was just the contrast with the stock car that did it and I didn't give myself enough time to get used to it. Anyway, got a 1.30.5 and if I can get below 1.30 I'll be happy. Thanks Stotty.

Also I notice that some of the top 10 are using AS strong again. I tried it but as usual it was slower for me. I'm wondering if they are using some extreme and unstable set-up then using AS to tame it.

I found the stock SLS tricky to drive without ABS but managed a gold time after changing the BB to 5/3.
Bought another one and put Stotty's tune on it but it seemed too eager to point itself in the wrong direction so I put a wing on it, stiffened and lowered the rear, and moved the ballast forward to make it more neutral. This got me a 1.32 but I couldn't improve on that so I went back to Stotty's settings and this time it felt much easier to handle. I guess it was just the contrast with the stock car that did it and I didn't give myself enough time to get used to it. Anyway, got a 1.30.5 and if I can get below 1.30 I'll be happy. Thanks Stotty.

Glad I could help 👍

You're experience is fairly typical for me... I generally start off with an easy to drive tune that's not that quick and as I get used to the car and track I gradually make it faster - which means harder to drive. More often than not I get back in a car I haven't driven for a few days and immediately think 'how did I ever drive this thing?'. So I tone the car down a bit until I get used to it again and gradually work back to my previous settings.

Also I notice that some of the top 10 are using AS strong again. I tried it but as usual it was slower for me. I'm wondering if they are using some extreme and unstable set-up then using AS to tame it.

My tunes will almost always be built around Active Steering Strong. I like the way the steering feels with it on as for me it gives me more feel of what the car is doing - I know others who feel the complete opposite.

Back