15/13,5
2/4
2/3
1/2
camber 1,2/0,8
toe 0,02/-0,06

Brake 4/6

That's what I used for my 1:28.549

Is that new (modified) LSD correct? 7/7/10.

It's the middle 7 which seems out of place to me. Not that I know anything about LSD's but all the other tunes I looked at had the middle number in the 20's or 30's, even one of Praino's had it at 35.

Anyway, just asking. I'm about to try it shortly.

Tried it but changed the LSD to another of his. Took over a second off, now #700 with 1:31.1.

My hp is only 661 with 1387kg so I might add some weight and and hp and try that.

Last edited:
GTP_CargoRat
Or just too lazy to fix it as apparent from the gaping hole on TGTT thats been there forever.

Yeah, that too. But it's just plain lazy really, they've changed boundaries before I'm sure between different TT's.

Dalone
Is that new (modified) LSD correct? 7/7/10.

It's the middle 7 which seems out of place to me. Not that I know anything about LSD's but all the other tunes I looked at had the middle number in the 20's or 30's, even one of Praino's had it at 35.

Anyway, just asking. I'm about to try it shortly.

Someone asked in his thread what difference using Sports Hards made to his racing tyre 600PP tune. After some testing the result was those LSD settings, so that's what I ran with.

Yeah fair enough Emptyone. I asked because he says in his tune you posted that the LSD 8/14/10 was for R1 tyres, presumably they are Racing soft, and that for R2 (medium racing/) the LSD is 8/16/10 and for R3 (racing hard) it's 8/20/10.

The middle number seems to rise as the grip decreases, therefore I thought that Sports hard tyres would have that middle number in the high 20's or more.

Any thoughts on that?

I'm pretty sure R3 refers to racing soft's, R2 to racing mediums and R1 to racing hards, sort of same system as GT4 but with three sets of tyres instead of five. Hence the LSD is lower. That's how I think the LSD works, and how to tune for it with tyre's of increasing grip is to raise it until it becomes detrimental to performance to raise it any more.

OK, in that case the 7 would correspond with Sports hard tyres.

Which is what I used after finding the higher # wasn't helping.

Improved 4 tenths to get to a 1:28.101 and 45th place, but I always manage to leave time after the hairpin, can't get those corners right. If I do, be shaving a good 3 tenths off I think, one can only hope :dunce:

So I don't consider myself an apt tuner, but I am trying to learn. I've been taking existing tunes and trying to modify them for myself or a particular track...I took Praino's tune for the SLS AMG (see above) and the sports hard mods underneath and goofed with them. Anyone willing to give it a try? I'd love some responses. Got the hp/ton up to 464

HP: 674
Weight: 1323kg
PP: 600

LSD: 7/7/10
suspension:
-5 -5
15.00 13.5
extension: 3/5
compression: 3/3
ARB: 1/2

Camber: -1.5 -1.0
Toe: 0.02 -0.06

Transmission: Same as Praino's but change final gear to 2.920 (from 2.5)

**this takes away the ballast and thus changes the weight distribution. I broke into the 1:29's with the original Sports hard tire tune, but I know after a few laps that this (for me at least) is just as good.

I know I didn't change much, but I'd like some feedback...Just trying little steps at a time to eventually do all the tuning myself.

I know I didn't change much, but I'd like some feedback...Just trying little steps at a time to eventually do all the tuning myself.

From the clips of the 10 fastest places I saw yesterday, they were running wings on this car.
The tune you modified does not have a wing.
Praiano did another tune for AMG Academy replica car with a wing, but it uses RH too.

You might have a look at that and try to combine the 2 tunes.
Or give Praiano a holler on his thread and ask him what to do, he is very responsive to questions.

slsamgdrivingacademyjpg2.jpg

gonna try a wing now, It should help toward the end after the hairpin on this TT. thank you for the other tune as well. 👍

The SLS is an interesting one... it has so little grip at either end that it's quite hard to tell if the tune is making it any better - more a matter of getting a lap where you get your throttle control just right.

I'm working on a low front/high rear tune at the mo... good enough for 18th so far, but could easily be top 10 if I could run a decent lap.

Yes, the same as it was the last time. Clearly a flaw in the penalty system. Don't you remember all the drama from that thread?:lol:

yeah right! PD should be making romantic soap operas, where the little MR lotus beats the mighty WRC 4WD rally cars ON SNOW, but also to add some social injustice and realism, cheating corner cutters get all the glory, while true sportsmen get ...
I wonder what the name of the soap could be... it could also be a movie...
something like "Lotus in wonderland" maybe, or "suck my stick- eat my snow"
or "Cornercutters IV -The Sequel":):):)

Reached my concentration limit for today. There's so little front end grip and rear end traction - it's not a car for me to run really long sessions in!

1:26.793, currently 11th, but the tune's capable of running faster.

New car from dealership, no oil change, replace rims, no rear wing

Parts: All upgrades except supercharger

Ballast 169kg @ position 50

Makes 721bhp @ 1,482kg for 600ppts

Settings
Ride -20 +40
Spring 17.0 13.2
Rebound 3 6
Bound 2 5
ARB 1 6
Camber 2.5 2.2
Toe -0.15 0.00

LSD 10 12 5

Brakes 4 5

Gears (set max speed to minimum, then set individual gears, then set final)
1st 3.223
2nd 2,500
3rd 2.048
4th 1.703
5th 1.451
6th 1.248
7th 1.089
Final 3.133

Last edited:
thanks for the setup Stotty, I will try it, I hope this heavy-angry thing handles better with it!

I don't think there's a magic tune to make this one easy to drive :lol:

Too many ponies for the tyres!

yeah right! PD should be making romantic soap operas, where the little MR lotus beats the mighty WRC 4WD rally cars ON SNOW, but also to add some social injustice and realism, cheating corner cutters get all the glory, while true sportsmen get ...
I wonder what the name of the soap could be... it could also be a movie...
something like "Lotus in wonderland" maybe, or "suck my stick- eat my snow"
or "Cornercutters IV -The Sequel":):):)

You made my day with this post.:lol: Funny stuff, got a good laugh.

Very funny yannagas :lol:

Remember Cargo's post on tt35 about how we should just have rolling hills of snow with a Finish line 'somewhere', if we are going to just cut corners..

:lol:, brilliant.

I just had a go at Chamonix in the Elise... it was almost ripping my G27 off the Wheelstand pro until I raised the ride hight at softened the suspension, and even then it was rattling like a bag of nails :lol:

It's not what you'd call realistic, but it's quite good fun, even with the cut necessary to get a semi competitive time... it's a bit like doing the Dakar in a track car, on snow :D

Reached my concentration limit for today. There's so little front end grip and rear end traction - it's not a car for me to run really long sessions in!

1:27.793, currently 11th, but the tune's capable of running faster.

New car from dealership, no oil change, replace rims, no rear wing

Parts: All upgrades except supercharger

Ballast 169kg @ position 50

Makes 721bhp @ 1,482kg for 600ppts

Settings
Ride -20 +40
Spring 17.0 13.2
Rebound 3 6
Bound 2 5
ARB 1 6
Toe -0.15 0.00

LSD 10 12 5

Brakes 4 5

Gears (set max speed to minimum, then set individual gears, then set final)
1st 3.223
2nd 2,500
3rd 2.048
4th 1.703
5th 1.451
6th 1.248
7th 1.089
Final 3.133

Fantastic time! Mind if i ask what camber you are running? Thanks & cheers! :)👍

te?
Fantastic time! Mind if i ask what camber you are running? Thanks & cheers! :)👍

:lol: sorry, must have missed that off...

2.5 2.2

I'll edit the original post 👍

Stotty

1:27.793, currently 11th.

*awesome tune*

Good tune Stotty, found another half second thanks to that 👍 also I think you mean 1:26.xxx, not 1:27.xxx, as otherwise I'd be beating you :crazy:

Also PJ, I have you by 3 thousandths :sly:

PR1VATEJ0KER
Haha! Very close! I'll see if I can beat you later :P

I did that with the wing, I'll have to take it off & see if theres much differance.

I've been running without it, I haven't looked at Amo's lap to see if he's running it yet. Not sure what's better without testing.

Back