Time Trial No.23/ Drift Trial No. 23

• Thread starter Clio182
  • 83 comments
Could someone please point me in the direction of a good tvr drift tune?

I tried using

tvr speed 12 drift tune

as a search parameter on this very forum and got this page

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/search.php?searchid=5551368

(dunno if this'll work)

which doesn't seem to be bristling with obvious links to tvr speed 12 drift tunes.

PS if you get the same page I did, the 14th link down appears to be a TT tune rather than drift.
Anyone?

Make sure you do an oil change and de-tune to 850hp

aero
50 -- 70

gear
max speed 310 kmh

LSD
0 -- 32
0 -- 55
0 -- 26

suspension
6 -- 6
11 -- 10
6 -- 6
6 -- 6
6 -- 6
2 -- 1.8
0.04 -- 0.10

brake
5 -- 5

Just posted a 47.352 with this, in 15th atm
It's a 2010 NASCAR, not sure if it makes a differance

Do you mean for the ride height and front toe to be positive? Not saying I think different, just making sure :)

Hallo!
have you improved TT22 Eiger K? I fixed final 3.43low ranking 165
Well done man! I haven't enough time to improve. I finished 300++ :indiff:
But TT22 rally was really good. I like drive rally. I bought Dirt but didn't try yet.
How you doing new TT is funny? good luck

Make sure you do an oil change and de-tune to 850hp

aero
50 -- 70

gear
max speed 310 kmh

LSD
0 -- 32
0 -- 55
0 -- 26

suspension
6 -- 6
11 -- 10
6 -- 6
6 -- 6
6 -- 6
2 -- 1.8
0.04 -- 0.10

brake
5 -- 5

Just posted a 47.352 with this, in 15th atm
It's a 2010 NASCAR, not sure if it makes a differance
Jesus man you driving really good. Much hours you spend on it?

Kind of retarded that a race car (even if technically a "street" car) like the R390 is OK for the time trial but not a street car like the Spoon S2000 or the FT86 Sports Concept. Still, both the time trials were pretty easy.

Do you mean for the ride height and front toe to be positive? Not saying I think different, just making sure :)

yep, I thought it was strange too, but these NASCAR's handle quite differantly to others. I made this set-up and thought it was quite stable and felt quite comfortable with it.

I tried the front toe slightly negative, but it was making the front tires hot on the long sweeping left hander before the horrible last chicane and i thought i was losing a couple mph too it

Jesus man you driving really good. Much hours you spend on it?
Thanks
Not much time, 30 or 40 minutes on 17th and 18th.
I find its best to do about 20 laps each day I try it. That is the sweet zone.

Im nowhere near as good as the top guys but I can do some good laps after taking part in the GT Academy Time Trials, where I did upwards of 1000 laps on the track.

Those Time Trials where really competitive so the amount of laps were necessary for me to have a chance of making the national final. But I learned a lot about the car handling, braking, driving line, throttle control.

yep, I thought it was strange too, but these NASCAR's handle quite differantly to others. I made this set-up and thought it was quite stable and felt quite comfortable with it.

I tried the front toe slightly negative, but it was making the front tires hot on the long sweeping left hander before the horrible last chicane and i thought i was losing a couple mph too it

Makes sense. Using your tune I don't remember exactly what my time was, but I'm about 2 seconds off 1st, so about a second behind you, just like I am every week :) Thanks for posting the tune.

I didn't detuned the nascar, I only changed the LSD, the Aerodynamics and Toe/Camber. My time was around the lower 51's . Just Gold and no need to attempt a higher ranking.
The TT on Trail Mountain was very easy, my first attempt was a 1.49 with a Suzuki Swift, the second attempt was with a Lotus Elise with a 1:45.

And with the Drift "experiences" I need some more time to drift better. Finally after 22323 attempts I've got gold on both events. And my driftcar is an unusual one: The Mazda Autozam AZ1 :boggled:

My suggestion to anyone having difficulties with drifting would be to get the AEM S2000 (premium). That car helped me so much with drifting.

I must have a good set up on my NASCAR cause I got a '51 on my first try. And I am not even that good at GT5.

I was able to knock it down into the '49s.. I actually kinda liked the trial. Short and sweet with some fun turns.

As for the the drift events. I finally think I have my Shelby GT350R '65 set up well. I was able to gold both easily and actually finish in the top 1000 (at the time). Not bad.

Got my time down to 47.590, 93rd on the leaderboard for now on the NASCAR TT. Pretty sure I can shave more time off with further runs. I love this event. PS. KB is out of it so go Stewart tommorrow in the final NASCAR race to decide the 2011 NASCAR champion.

The TM TT seems a bit generous. First ragged lap in Speed 6 @ 345 HP I got gold 1.52.xxx.

Tried stock R390 limited to 345HP, and got 1.47.xxx on first lap. Never used it before - its a bit of a p*** take!

Using DS3, I normally use wheel for TTs.

I'd like to see more themed TTs. Lower HP, year and country limited etc

Last edited:
Oh seriously,

how the flipping heck do you take the final chicane on the NASCAR TT? Finish a 30min session with 47.917

Very, very addictive TT, the slightest, tiniest mistake and forget it

Oh seriously,

how the flipping heck do you take the final chicane on the NASCAR TT? Finish a 30min session with 47.917

Very, very addictive TT, the slightest, tiniest mistake and forget it

Very, very carefully, lol. I brake early, let the car roll a liitle, then pick up on the throttle gradually coming out wide all the way to the rumble strip. If done right, you can pick up loads of time but if done wrong, it can be disastrous. 2nd gear through there, then hit 3rd as soon as you are coming out of the turn. Hitting 3rd gear at the right time is key, in my opinion. Hope this helps you out.

Last edited:
Pulled off a 48:819 on the NASCAR TT, it's a blast! I love TT's that out everyone on an even playing field!

Pulled off a 48:819 on the NASCAR TT, it's a blast! I love TT's that out everyone on an even playing field!

How even is it , if you can alter the settings and what´s the sense of "No tuning allowed" then?

raVer

-raVer-
How even is it , if you can alter the settings and what´s the sense of "No tuning allowed" then?

raVer

Simple, you might be allowed to tune the suspension, etc, but you can only use Nascars and they're all basically the same, so it proves who can really drive, not just abuse the power limiter on an R930 road car.. The same goes for the FGT time trial a couple weeks back, I'm usually in the top 10,000 players on every time trial, on the current Nascar TT I'm about 1045th and for the FGT TT I was at about 2500th. However on the other TTs I'm lucky to break the top 10,000(I always use a car within the restrictions).

Simple, you might be allowed to tune the suspension, etc, but you can only use Nascars and they're all basically the same, so it proves who can really drive, not just abuse the power limiter on an R930 road car.. The same goes for the FGT time trial a couple weeks back, I'm usually in the top 10,000 players on every time trial, on the current Nascar TT I'm about 1045th and for the FGT TT I was at about 2500th. However on the other TTs I'm lucky to break the top 10,000(I always use a car within the restrictions).

Tell me how does it differ from R390?
:dunce:

With R390 everyone uses the same car and everything which can be tuned on NASCAR can be tuned on R390 too y'know?

Energizerrr

With R390 everyone uses the same car and everything which can be tuned on NASCAR can be tuned on R390 too y'know?

Thats a fair point, but I still think otherwise..

I tried the R390 - it was fun but I was still a long way off the top times. I think it's a fair reflection, but still it would be nice if the TT's were designed so it wasn't the same car at the top of the heap, say by restricting to certain manufacturers or nations, or just limiting the amount you can tweak the power output. You have to admit that the 390 is a road car in name only - along with the NSX LM, they are thinly disguised racing cars.

Good job bro. I'm 118th last I checked with a time of 47.590. Pretty sure I can shave more time off. Finally, a TT right up my alley, lol. I love it.

I have never used the R390, ever...Why? Because it's a cheat in every way...

I like a 1 car seasonal..It takes away those who just grab the fastest car, Then PP the thing to death..Would be even better if all AIDS were forced off, but I'm just dreaming..

Thanks,playnthru

Latest Posts

Back