Tire mixup in the pit

United States
United States
Is there any way to go back to the tire selection menu after you've already chosen a tire when pitting? Seems like this should 100% be in the game and I feel like I'm just not seeing an icon or hitting the proper button.

For context I entered the pit after lap 3 at Sarthe and mindlessly selected Hards when I wanted Inter's as there were storms coming in. With 32sec of just waiting for the car to show up there's surely a way to re-select the tires you're going to put on, right? Surely I'm missing something here...

Is there any way to go back to the tire selection menu after you've already chosen a tire when pitting? Seems like this should 100% be in the game and I feel like I'm just not seeing an icon or hitting the proper button.

For context I entered the pit after lap 3 at Sarthe and mindlessly selected Hards when I wanted Inter's as there were storms coming in. With 32sec of just waiting for the car to show up there's surely a way to re-select the tires you're going to put on, right? Surely I'm missing something here...
You can not change your tire selection.

Absolutely ludacris that you can't go back and change your choice
I mean IRL you'd have to settle on the tire selection, as it's a bit more work performing the pitstop

"Whoops I meant hards, I'm fine with losing 20 seconds, just gimme the right tires" :lol:

The problem is that it comes before fuel, and most of us accidentally hit the existing tire selection out of the habit of "x" button mash.

especially with the dreaded 35second delay on Le Sarthe, your just trying to get out of there.

And, unfortunately this only happens when the 🌧 rain has become a factor.. 🥹😖
This never happens when your just stopping in for a new set of racing tires🙄

I mean IRL you'd have to settle on the tire selection, as it's a bit more work performing the pitstop

"Whoops I meant hards, I'm fine with losing 20 seconds, just gimme the right tires" :lol:
Surely IRL a pit manager would say "are you sure? It looks really wet out there". We should at least have a message asking "are you sure you want to switch to x tires" if it's going to be locked-in. It seems like a feature that should have been in the game from the beginning, but only if you can change it before the car pulls-in. At that point it should be locked-in, but up until that point I see no reason why we can't correct a mistake that will cause one to have to abandon the race (which I did)

I'm just surprised it took me almost a year before I had this happen, at least in a situation where the choice forced me out of the race.

IRL you could communicate with the team before you pit or even as you're pitting if you need to adjust tire strategy. You're not force to drive out the pits on the wrong tires for another lap just to come back around again.

Guys, we don't even have a strategist in the game. If you screw up the menu, you got only yourself to blame. :lol:

Default to a recommended tire. That gives beginners an idea what they should switch to. Also allow each axle to be changed independently, perhaps hards on front and medium in back for something like the Copen VGT. On pull in the screen would show front tires at the top, rear below that, fuel third, and the repair options last. This could be either locked in or editable, chosen by an option toggle.

Back