What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,744 comments
TB
Same with the bagels I made years ago. Never doing that again.
I'm good at making bagel holes. I'm thinking of opening a business on Etsy selling them by the bag load.

-

I made my own pasta from scratch once and made a lasagne with it. The lasagne was fantastic (even if I do say so myself...) but I made it again with store-bought lasagne sheets and it was exactly the same 😅 That said, the knowledge that I made the pasta myself made the lasagne that bit more special - that and the unbelievable mess and using every piece of kitchenware I have just to make something that took 10 minutes to eat...

Last edited:
Fixing to eat a vegetable omelet with fried chicken wings and some French fries. And for my drink, I'm drinking Coca-cola. My doctor said to limit soft drinks, but I'm cheating in my diet.

Got this set of sauces the other day in a gift set. Trying them all with light salted tortilla chips to see what they're like. Very variable. Not an absolute heat monster, but I thought they'd be hotter.

1726692629401.png

Wow that’s pretty amazing for a first try. I attempted croissants a few years back and the amount of effort it takes is insane compared to how quickly they are consumed. How long did the process take for you?
Thanks, that’s how I felt lol

The effort.. honestly I was just ready to get it over.

It took over 30 hours from start to completion. That involved all of the dough resting, lamination, proofing, etc. Even then, I cut corners- it could have taken my 48 total hours.

I’m gonna try and experiment with my own version to see if I can cut out the prep time. I had no tools, just a couple of bowls and a whisk lol

I did throw some almond paste into a couple and it was surprisingly good.

I’m curious as to what I can expand upon with these.. I want to make a brownie batter lined Croissant.. maybe Christmas

I've started eating grapes a lot but because I'm a fussy eater, I am very picky about getting a good bunch. Sometimes they're too hard on the inside and it's so offputting. As a general rule, I have found that:

Green grapes taste like wine.
Dark grapes taste like grape-flavoured things.

And when dark grapes are so dark they look navy blue, they're usually the best.

Back