What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,748 comments
TB
Same with the bagels I made years ago. Never doing that again.
I'm good at making bagel holes. I'm thinking of opening a business on Etsy selling them by the bag load.

-

I made my own pasta from scratch once and made a lasagne with it. The lasagne was fantastic (even if I do say so myself...) but I made it again with store-bought lasagne sheets and it was exactly the same 😅 That said, the knowledge that I made the pasta myself made the lasagne that bit more special - that and the unbelievable mess and using every piece of kitchenware I have just to make something that took 10 minutes to eat...

Last edited:
Fixing to eat a vegetable omelet with fried chicken wings and some French fries. And for my drink, I'm drinking Coca-cola. My doctor said to limit soft drinks, but I'm cheating in my diet.

Got this set of sauces the other day in a gift set. Trying them all with light salted tortilla chips to see what they're like. Very variable. Not an absolute heat monster, but I thought they'd be hotter.

1726692629401.png

Wow that’s pretty amazing for a first try. I attempted croissants a few years back and the amount of effort it takes is insane compared to how quickly they are consumed. How long did the process take for you?
Thanks, that’s how I felt lol

The effort.. honestly I was just ready to get it over.

It took over 30 hours from start to completion. That involved all of the dough resting, lamination, proofing, etc. Even then, I cut corners- it could have taken my 48 total hours.

I’m gonna try and experiment with my own version to see if I can cut out the prep time. I had no tools, just a couple of bowls and a whisk lol

I did throw some almond paste into a couple and it was surprisingly good.

I’m curious as to what I can expand upon with these.. I want to make a brownie batter lined Croissant.. maybe Christmas

I've started eating grapes a lot but because I'm a fussy eater, I am very picky about getting a good bunch. Sometimes they're too hard on the inside and it's so offputting. As a general rule, I have found that:

Green grapes taste like wine.
Dark grapes taste like grape-flavoured things.

And when dark grapes are so dark they look navy blue, they're usually the best.

ttd_cheesestack_main.jpg

Treated myself to a Philly Cheese Stack at lunchtime - albeit at 2pm, as I was away giving a talk at Cancer Research UK Scotland Institute this morning, and I only had a brief time to pick something up on my way home before a busy afternoon.

These were launched a few months back and I was very pleasantly surprised - they are the best burger that McDonald's have done IMO, and so I was quite delighted to see them come back.

Unfortunately, however, it wasn't too great this time... so much so, in fact, that I've requested a full refund.

My local McDs is only a 5-6 minute walk from my apartment, just short enough for the food to stay enjoyably hot, but too far to be bothered to go back if there's a problem. I couldn't go back anyway as I was too busy this afternoon with various deadlines.

I was immediately suspicious as the bottom corner of the box was wet and freezing cold, as if ice had been dropped on it. It turned out it was their 'fried' onions - yes, they are fried alright... but then apparently they must freeze and store them, before heating them up again for your burger. Except they clearly didn't do that this time. Despite being nicely charred, they were soggy and ice cold - as was the bun adjacent to the onions.

I ended up eating the actual burgers, and most of the bun was OK - but it was still pretty horrible to bite into a freezing cold, wet mass of mushy burger bun and thawing onions. What's worse is that, yet again (as happens about 2/3rds of the time when I order), I got no receipt; however there is obviously a bank trace of my order.

-

Annnnd, they're asking me for my receipt now :ouch:

Last edited:
ttd_cheesestack_main.jpg

Treated myself to a Philly Cheese Stack at lunchtime - albeit at 2pm, as I was away giving a talk at Cancer Research UK Scotland Institute this morning, and I only had a brief time to pick something up on my way home before a busy afternoon.

These were launched a few months back and I was very pleasantly surprised - they are the best burger that McDonald's have done IMO, and so I was quite delighted to see them come back.

Unfortunately, however, it wasn't too great this time... so much so, in fact, that I've requested a full refund.

My local McDs is only a 5-6 minute walk from my apartment, just short enough for the food to stay enjoyably hot, but too far to be bothered to go back if there's a problem. I couldn't go back anyway as I was too busy this afternoon with various deadlines.

I was immediately suspicious as the bottom corner of the box was wet and freezing cold, as if ice had been dropped on it. It turned out it was their 'fried' onions - yes, they are fried alright... but then apparently they must freeze and store them, before heating them up again for your burger. Except they clearly didn't do that this time. Despite being nicely charred, they were soggy and ice cold - as was the bun adjacent to the onions.

I ended up eating the actual burgers, and most of the bun was OK - but it was still pretty horrible to bite into a freezing cold, wet mass of mushy burger bun and thawing onions. What's worse is that, yet again (as happens about 2/3rds of the time when I order), I got no receipt; however there is obviously a bank trace of my order.

-

Annnnd, they're asking me for my receipt now :ouch:
We have no end of issues with the Maccies near us. So much so I begrudge ordering when I get a hankering.

Tonight though it’s pizza (Polo with red onion) and garlic bread (by far the best I’ve ever had from any takeaway, supermarket or restaraunt and I’ll fight anyone who say otherwise). Pics to follow.

Edit- here is a pic of said takeaway to put you all on for now. It’s a six minute walk through the village.

IMG_0603.jpeg

Last edited:
Rarely have an issue with the local Maccy Ds here. I now use it about once every few months anyway.

I do get them a little bit pissed off when I demand they take my order in person rather than order through a machine. That actually have to do a thing at that point.

Now that I’m thinking about it, i could go for a few burgers…. See you in a bit.

Back