TOAS // Australian V8s

BigMoMo101
TOAS - Taking Over America Series // Australian V8s

The Australian V8s will be taking over the USA in this upcoming series. Over the next 6 Rounds, the V8s will roar through America to showcase their raw power. From the infamous Brickyard to Atlanta and back to down to Florida, this series is here to show who the real boss of the V8s are. The under-estimated V8 Series will make its way across the pond for the very first time, will you be able to raise the trophy as millions across the country and more millions across the world watch you make your way to the front? This is your chance to prove youself in this once in a lifetime event.

The TOAS will consist of 6 rounds, mixing both Oval and Race Circuit tracks. The V8 will have some small upgrades to suit everyone's skills, while on both Indianapolis and Sunset Speedways, the V8's will be unleashed as their restrictions will be removed to roar past the spectators at over 200mph. The V8s will have the normal 620 bhp, while on the 2 Speedways mentioned above, the Horsepower will climb to 874 bhp, showcasing their true potential.

Drag Tyres will be used in this series to emphasize on the tyre wear, forcing drivers to make 1 or 2 pit stops depending on the track. The race length will also vary. 60 Miles on the Race Circuits and 100 Miles for the Speedways.

Send me a FR on Xbox Live to 'EgotisticSphinx' to join the room when the race will be hosted.

UPDATES
May 9th 2012: After much testing, i have decided to add Drag Tyres to the cars to bring in pit stops into play. I have also turned this into a 6 Round series with a mix of Oval and Race Circuit. Hope you like the format. I will add the dates tomorrow. Just to let you know though, i will try to make the dates either Saturday or Sunday to suit as many drivers as possible. The timings will be 7pm British Time for us Europeans and 2pm Eastern Time for you North/South American. If need be, i will move the race 1 hour later if American drivers think its too early. Let me know what you think, and i will adjust the timings and dates (When they are up). For now though, please tell me if you would like to race in this series, and pick a car/livery.

- Race Setup -
Damage: Simulation
STM / TCS / ABS: OFF
Driving Line: Optional
Steering: Normal / Simulation
* Settings for both Qualifying and Race

- Qualification -
Qualifications will take place prior to the race. A 10 Minute Heat to see who can go around the track the fastest. Of course the best clean laps will be higher ranked. The way it will happen is there will be a 5 second delay between each car and the cars will be ghost modes so the draft wont mess a drivers lap time.
Rundown:
5 second Roll Off Delay
Collisions OFF

- Points -
* Points are awarded to the driver of a car that completes 75% of the race distance.
1. 100
2. 92
3. 86
4. 80
5. 74
6. 68
7. 64
8. 60
9. 56
10. 52
11. 48
12. 46
13. 44
14. 42
15. 40
16. 38

- Cars: Australian V8 -
#1 Toll Holden Racing Team Commodore VE - Taken
#4 IRWIN Racing FG Falcon
#5 Ford Performance Racing FG Falcon - Taken
#8 Team BOC Commodore VE
#9 SP Tools Racing FG Falcon - Taken
#11 Pepsi Max Crew Commodore VE - Taken
#17 Dick Johnson Racing Team FG Falcon
#19 Mother Energy Racing Team FG Falcon
#33 Fujitsu Racing GRM Commodore VE
#88 TeamVodafone Commodore VE
* 1 Car/Player. But if there are more than 10 racers, coming up with your own livery is no problem.

- Cars Upgrades -
Mandatory Upgrades:
Platform and Handling:
Race Brakes

Drivetrain:
Race Transmission
Race Driveline

Tyres and Rims:
Drage Tyre Compound
Front Tyre: 340/35R17
Rear Tyre: 330/35R17

Speedway Additional Upgrades: Brickyard 100 & Sunset 100
Remove Restrictors

Car Specs AFTER Upgrades:
Circuit:
PI: R3-710
Power: 620 HP
Torque: 442 LB/FT
Weight: 2,988 LBS

Speedway:
PI: R3-766
Power: 874 HP
Torque: 623 LB/FT
Weight: 2,984 LBS

- Races -

Round 1 - The Brickyard 100 -Indianapolis Motor Speedway
200px-Indianapolis_Motor_Speedway_-_Speedway.svg.png

Home of the infamous Indianapolis 500, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway has a long and rich history, stretching back to the very beginning of the 20th Century. Finally, the Australian V8 monsters will make their way across the pond to take over the Brickyard in a 100 Mile race.

Laps: 40 Laps
Pit Stop Window: Lap 10 - 35
Mandatory Pit Stops: 2

Round 2 - Sebring Circuit - Sebring International Raceway
200px-Sebring_International_Raceway.svg.png

The following round will see the V8 go to Florida's world famous Sebring International Raceway. Nicknamed 'The City on the Circle, the circuit was created on a former airbase and is currently home to the 12 Hours Sebring Le Mans themed event.

Laps: 18 Laps
Pit Stop Window: Lap 8 - 15
Mandatory Pit Stops: 1

Round 3 - Sedona 100 - Sedona Raceway Park Speedway
200px-Homestead-Miami_Speedway_track_map--Speedway.svg.png

The red sandstone formations surrounding Sedona have long been the city's hallmark. The massive 'Red Rocks' of the Sedona form the setting for some of the most breathtaking skyline views found in the United States. Round 3 will be the V8's turn to take viewers' breath away in the Series' only 2 race formats. A 2 35-Lap race will determine the winner when the V8s visit the desert.

Laps: 2x 35 Laps
Pit Stop Window: Lap 10 - 30
Mandatory Pit Stop / Race: 1

Round 4 - Road Atlanta Full Circuit - Road Atlanta
200px-Road_Atlanta_track_map.svg.png

Home to the 'Petit Le Mans', Road Atlanta in Braselton, Georgia, has been the host of racing events since 1970, in which a Porsche 908 took first place in the raceway's inaugural event. Will it be a Ford or a Holden taking the honors when the V8's take to the track for the first time?

Laps: 25 Laps
Pit Stop Window: Lap 10 - 20
Mandatory Pit Stop: 1

Round 5 - Sunset 100 - Sunset Peninsula Raceway
200px-Daytona_International_Speedway.svg.png

Built in 1958 on the west coast of Florida, Sunset Peninsula Raceway is not as well-known as Daytona, north of the city, but it still retains a large and loyal fanbase. This same fanbase will make their way to Sunset Raceway when the V8 make their way back to Florida one more time to battle it out.

Laps: 45 Laps
Pit Stop Window: Laps 10 - 40
Mandatory Pit Stop: 2

Round 6 - Infineon NASCAR Circuit - Infineon Raceway
200px-Infineon_%28Sears_Point%29_with_emphasis_on_NASCAR_track.svg.png

Known as the birthplace of California, Sonoma served as the capital of the California Republic before being incorporated into the USA. On this sunny day though, the V8's will take over this former capital city and make it theirs during 30 laps.

Laps: 30 Laps
Pit Stop Window: Laps 10 - 25
Mandatory Pit Stop: 1

- OnLine Racing (OLR) Rules & Guidelines
For the sake of fun and competitive racing, please read of the following Rules and Guidelines. Im sure the ones who will be joining will be here to have some good fun and banter, but this is here to make sure everyone understand online racing etiquette to have the best a racing series could be.

- Driver Registration -
*Team / Forum Name / Gamertag

#1 Toll Holden Racing Team Commodore VE / miatamaniac / joest12
#5 Ford Performance Racing FG Falcon / 2121 / lukas2121
#9 SP Tools Racing FG Falcon / MuchoJimbo / Yo Def
#11 Pepsi Max Crew Commodore VE / EgotisticSphinx / EgotisticSphinx

Interests:
hennessey86

So from my test, the race would take about 40-45 minutes. If anyone thinks it should be shorter, say so. I was thinking that we should make it about 20 or so minutes. Or just 2x 15 minute races. What you all think?

i would like to join! i don't know if it would make a difference if you did 2 15 minute races, let's just stick with the full... endurance is fun..

Ya. Just wanted to see what others would think. I'll stick to the full enduro format. Its what makes oval races fun. Will get this thread fixed up in the coming days with more info. I know i said it might be done today, but got a little busy.

I am interested. I do not mind racing for 40 minutes so no worries here. I will check back for details periodically.

I'm interested but it depends on what time and day the race is. I've never raced oval before so it'll be something new for me.

Well i haven't thought about it. I just want to get this rolling first. And if many people enjoy it, will consider it. I was thinking of Oval races for now. Starting with 'The Brickyard 100' and than followed by another. If it works out and many end up joining, will consider Road Courses, maybe even lower the power of the cars, a la Indy.

okay cool, because a V8 supercar series (w/ road courses) would be seriously cool...

Well i really want to create a whole series comprising the 3 Oval races with maybe 3 or 4 Race courses. :D

Mini Test Update: Just tested the Indianapolis Oval with Drag Tyres and... :bowdown: With Drag Tyres, i will change the Pit Stop Rules. But i will just have to test one more thing and i will update it as the final Rules. So another 30 minutes, and i will let you guys know. At the same time, i will provide a mock series line-up if everyone is interested. 3 Oval Tracks with 3 or 5 Race Courses. ;) V8s...Taking over the world. :D

Alright guys, made a HUGE update on the first post. Check it out and let me know what you all think. If we can get around 8 or 10 drivers for this series. I think it would be a cracker. :D Fingers crossed.

drag tyres?? okay.. i will make the car tonight... i would like to use the #88 car if that alright.. and this is a great track schedule.. i know sebring and Road Atlanta like the back of my hand.. especially R.A., i go there 8 times per year... minimum... lol

drag tyres?? okay.. i will make the car tonight... i would like to use the #88 car if that alright.. and this is a great track schedule.. i know sebring and Road Atlanta like the back of my hand.. especially R.A., i go there 8 times per year... minimum... lol

We are in trouble. :banghead:

About the drag race, i chose those to create higher tyre wear and bring Pit Stops into play. If the regular tyres had more tyre wear, it would have been ok. But the races were not long enough. Drag Tyres created a better option and brings some tragedy into the series.

In Indiniapolis for example, after 14/15 laps with the tyres, u start to lose about a second every lap, by lap 20, u could lose as much as 3/4 seconds a lap. That's without any tunning though. So i think with some tunning, that difference could be minimized.

I'll take #9 SP Tools. Also if the race is 2pm on Saturdays (America) I will not be able to make it, other obligations. Sundays work for me though.

Can I use the #5 Ford? I think my best races would be Infineon or Sebring. I should be OK with all the times you've posted.

If you don't have the car you should be able to find them cheap in the auction house. I usually get most of my cars at least half price from there and then you just remove all the upgrades.

We are in trouble. :banghead:

About the drag race, i chose those to create higher tyre wear and bring Pit Stops into play. If the regular tyres had more tyre wear, it would have been ok. But the races were not long enough. Drag Tyres created a better option and brings some tragedy into the series.

In Indiniapolis for example, after 14/15 laps with the tyres, u start to lose about a second every lap, by lap 20, u could lose as much as 3/4 seconds a lap. That's without any tunning though. So i think with some tunning, that difference could be minimized.

okay! yess this makes perfect sense! at first i was confused, but now i'm glad you did this, it makes the series interesting.. and i will definitely have to look after my tyres... also!! i might be switching to the #8 car instead of being the #88 vodafone car.. i cannot find a 88 car anywhere and i certainly do not have the money to buy one new... so i will inform you on which car i rechoose if the #88 doesn't end up working..

If you don't have the car you should be able to find them cheap in the auction house. I usually get most of my cars at least half price from there and then you just remove all the upgrades.

yeah i know, i do that with most of my cars, but it just depends on what's left for me to choose... i'm not picky, if i need to create my own livery so be it.. i don't mind, but i checked the auction house and i do not have the money to buy a car, or bid rather, for a car of that price, so i decided to auction a TON of my cars off to make some money to be able to do this..

okay! yess this makes perfect sense! at first i was confused, but now i'm glad you did this, it makes the series interesting.. and i will definitely have to look after my tyres... also!! i might be switching to the #8 car instead of being the #88 vodafone car.. i cannot find a 88 car anywhere and i certainly do not have the money to buy one new... so i will inform you on which car i rechoose if the #88 doesn't end up working..

If you have the Pepsi Max Car, take that i will take the #8 BOC because i have both. I dont mind. ;) Let me know and i will upgrade the list of teams later tonight when i get back from work.

I guess I never have this cash problem as I barely ever buy cars at all, and usually when I do it's from the auction house. I think I have about 70 cars with about 60 of them being prize cars and the rest being cars I like or need to take part in online races.

I guess I never have this cash problem as I barely ever buy cars at all, and usually when I do it's from the auction house. I think I have about 70 cars with about 60 of them being prize cars and the rest being cars I like or need to take part in online races.

Ya same here. I just buy the ones i like. But at some point down the line, i would like to have all the cars possible from the game in my garage. :D

darn, i didn't know you had both until now.. i sold it and bought the #1 car... so when you ugrade your list put me in the #1 car, sorry i've been having so much trouble lately... :/.. i'm sticking with the 1 car though!!! ;D

i think i missed the first race, but if it was today i am sorry, i was super busy and out of the house, so i had no chance, when are the races again? i know you told us but i can't seemto find it now, i know they are at 2 PM for the american drivers, but what day of the week do they take place on?
thanks!

^ I don't think you've missed it, after a little bit of searching I found it said this.

Just to let you know though, i will try to make the dates either Saturday or Sunday to suit as many drivers as possible. The timings will be 7pm British Time for us Europeans and 2pm Eastern Time for you North/South American. If need be, i will move the race 1 hour later if American drivers think its too early.

If you've missed it then I have too, I don't think there are any official dates posted yet which probably means we have at least another week before the series starts but Ego should be able to clarify.

^ I don't think you've missed it, after a little bit of searching I found it said this.

Just to let you know though, i will try to make the dates either Saturday or Sunday to suit as many drivers as possible. The timings will be 7pm British Time for us Europeans and 2pm Eastern Time for you North/South American. If need be, i will move the race 1 hour later if American drivers think its too early.

If you've missed it then I have too, I don't think there are any official dates posted yet which probably means we have at least another week before the series starts but Ego should be able to clarify.

Dont worry guys, the series haven't started yet. The good news is that i got my Work's Summer Schedule. But i will have a 2 week vacation at the start of July. So i might have to shorten the preperations week for the last 3 races. Here are the details of the dates that we could race on. 4 of the 6 races will happen on Saturday. Here are the following dates.

Round 1: Saturday 26th May
Round 2: Saturday 2nd June
Round 3: Saturday 9th June
Round 4: Saturday 16th June
Round 5: Sunday 24th June
Round 6: Friday 29th June

So as you can see, the last 2 rounds will be raced sooner between each other than i would have wanted. But they are still centered around the weekend to get as many people to race as possible. Even the June 29th schedule is not 100% due to my vacation. The vacation i will be getting will be either start between the 24th and the 29th, if not, it will be during the first week of July.

Back