Toyota to bring more TRD models to it's lineup.

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 79 comments
How about bring back the Supra Celica and Mr2, actually ofer people something they want.

and then make trd models of those :eek:

How about bring back the Supra Celica and Mr2, actually ofer people something they want.

and then make trd models of those :eek:
Supra is already on it's way, you know it better as FT-1.

Rally inspired RAV4 TRD is Coming Soon

2015-toyota-rav4-le-at-2015-rally-america-front-three-quarter.jpg

Though it might sound like an unlikely candidate for the Toyota Racing Development treatment, the Toyota RAV4 crossover will soon gain a special TRD model. Toyota division general manager Bill Fay alluded to the new model during the 2017 Tacoma TRD Pro’s debut at the 2016 Chicago auto show.

While talking about the rally-car version of the RAV4 that competed in the Rally America Championship, Fay gave a strong hint about a TRD-tuned crossover. “You might just find some of that TRD racing magic trickle down to a special production RAV4 model,” Fay said. “That would be awesome.”
Automobile Mag.

^That actually looks pretty cool. Although, I feel like people will get pegged as ricers or d:censored:bags when they tool around in those.

Any word on the Scion models still getting TRD support after the badge is dropped?

So are these TRD models upgraded in terms of performance as well, or they "all show, no go"?

Also, why do European Toyotas look nowhere as good as the American counterparts? I mean, every single model on the previous page looks absolutely spectacular, but none of those models we get here in Europe.

So are these TRD models upgraded in terms of performance as well, or they "all show, no go"?

Some are, some aren't. With the TRD Pro Tacoma, there's nothing really done to the engine outside the TRD exhaust system, but it offers better suspension, tires, and armor. The TRD Tundra and 4Runner are the same way. With the RAV4, I suspect it will have better suspension, more off-road geared tires, and maybe an exhaust.

Isn't there ever going to be a proper TRD 86? Why can't they collaborate with Subaru to bring a TRD and WRX version? Would sell like hotcakes, after all, the common complaint is too little power. Just a little more to 230 or 250, a little weight cut off, and in the 86's case, sell it with stiffer rear and non-Prius tyres, it'd be a much better enthusiast option.

Fitting it with fat tires completely ruins it. Also, the car is stiff enough for a daily driver. Anything stiffer and it will be uncomfortable. The rear being less stiff than the front is actually all the fun about it. It wiggles its tail about without actually breaking traction, and that's what I love most about it when I'm driving home and I want to have some fun.

The GT86 is just about perfect in my opinion. 25 more horsepower and more torque in the lower rpm range would fit a TRD version perfectly, but anything more than that and it's overdone for me.

Besides, I'd hate to see the GT86 sell like hotcakes. Right now it feels a very special car to me, if everyone starts buying it we may as well call it an RWD Golf GTI. I hate Golfs...

Maybe a competitor for the Focus RS?

Exactly what I would like to see from these TRD models.

I hope they'll do more than just this:

toyota-gt86-trd-1.jpg

It did at least have new roll bars and lower, stiffer suspension. Yeah, there were no powertrain changes, but the thing feels totally different in the corners than the stock car. So it wasn't just a body kit.
Not everyone will afford it once it comes...
Yeah, the original Supra cost the equivalent of $55+k with inflation, and I feel like the FT1 is only going to cost even more.

Back