• 194 comments

Mad94d

Taking it to the world!
Premium
Australia
Sydney
mad94d
TTR-2.png

TT-R is the vision of Madison Down and other original team members. A racing group built around getting the fastest and fairest sim racing drivers from both Australia and New Zealand together in one place, to give the opposition one hell of a fight. We aim to be the best, drive fair and honest at all times and most of all, have fun when racing.

We have some of fastest drivers in sim racing including Tony Autridge (TIZZLA) who won the NZ GT Academy Nationals in 2010 and Madison Down (Mad94d) who recently finished 1st in the iRacing V8 Supercars series, featured on http://www.v8supercars.com.au.

Here at TT-R we race in many sim’s including:

- Gran Turismo 5
- Forza 4
- rFactor
- GTR EVO
- iRacing

You can find some of the members regularly on the Trans Tasman Racing or Down Under Gamers – Race League Team Speak servers, details about that can be found in our forum in the introduce yourself section. We’d love for you to come on and have a chat with the friendly TT-R members.

While TT-R doesn’t have an open registration system, we are constantly on the lookout for new drivers to join the team so if you’ve got what it takes, sign up to forum and have a chat with the guys.

Trans Tasman Racing Events

Trans Tasman Racing Tuning
- Lions Den Peformance

TT-R Promo

Trans Tasman Racing Drivers
My name is Madison. I'm from Sydney, Australia. I've always been a Motorsport fan, i've watched racing my entire life such as Formula 1 and most Australian motorsport such as V8 Supercars. At 7 years old I tried out Go Karting just in practice days. I have been doing Go Karting ever since. I am now 17 years old and I've been playing GT since GT3 at 9 years old.
Since joining GTPlanet in October last year, I have really improved my driving and now search for every thousandth of a second. I've made some great friends here that are not only clean and fast, but are top blokes as well.
See ya' on track!

-Madison
The name's Paulie (well, Paul officially) and I hale from QLD, Australia. I'm very passionate for my Holdens, and as owner of The Lion's Den Performance tuning garage here on GT Planet provide many tunes for both TTR and the general racing public. I have been racing since Gran Turismo 1, despite my first racing game being Colin McRae. I sometimes feel that I have peaked in my driving ability, and if I'm still improving I'm not noticing it. You'll often find me online in a car people aren't expecting, let alone expecting it to be running a setup actually making it fast! See yas out on the track.
My name is Ian and I live in Auckland, New Zealand. I'm originally from South Africa. I've been an F1 fanatic ever since I started playing GP1 on the PC, and I have and always will support Ferrari. I've been playing GT since GT4. I've always tried to race as fast and as clean as I could, so I was really chuffed when I discovered GTP. I can't wait for GT5 when we can have longer online races with tyre wear, fuel and pitstops, I think it is going to be racing heaven.
Hi, my name's Nick, and I come from Queensland. I am a big motorsport fan and enjoy generally all types of motorsport, especially F1. I occasionally race karts on the weekends and I enjoy that heaps. GT wise, I've been playing since the first game. I've enjoyed every game since that first one and looking forward to the release of GT5.

Really happy to be a part of the TTR team, alongside a group of really top drivers that have all helped me improve my driving and given me a great time whilst doing so. Race ya's all soon!
Hi my name is Craig, I'm a tradesman in my 40's that lives in QLD Australia.I grew up in a motoring family and started driving in motorkana events at a young age, and with family members around me actively competing in local motor sport events, it was just in my blood. Now I'm a self confessed GT freak, and have over the past 15 odd years played just about every drive game that has been released on the play station platform, and others like Sega Rally and computer based F1 games, However it's the GT Titles that have kept me coming back for more time after time waiting for every new release.

And Now! I'm happy to be a part of the GT planet community, and of course proud to be a member of the Southern Cross Racing Team.

I've been playing racing games/sims since about '94. Starting with F1GP '91 on the pc, along with Indianapolis, then Sega Rally, V-Rally, Colin McRae a number of F1 on ps and pc and of course GT and beyond.(all of these have been played with and against my great mate Craig AKA-PAPAOSA)

I've always been into cars and dismantling things and started my working life as an apprentice mechanic.

Hey guys,
My name is Blair, I'm 21 and live in Melbourne, Australia. I currently go uni, which takes up most of my life but there's always time for gaming & motorsport.

I've been following motorsport since I was very young, with my dad being a big touring car fan (Holden of course) & fondly remember many early mornings getting up to watch Bathurst. Formula One is my real passion however, of which I've been following since 1994. I've been to every Australian GP held in Melbourne and nothing beats the sound of an F1 car live in action.

Gaming wise I love racing sims. My first game was GP2 on the PC, which I played for hours but nowadays I spend my time on rfactor, GTR2, LFS and of course Gran Turismo. GT was one of the first console sims I owned & I've been playing it ever since. Can't wait for GT5!

Look forward to seeing you out on the track!

Have played all of the GT series but only got serious when GT5P came out - if you want to see how serious then checkout my GT Planet profile page - "Simulator".
I'm married with 3 children - not sure if my wife fully understands what this game means to me. An Electrician by trade but if it's a cable I will install it

If you want to know how your good your driving skills are then the people listed here will show you the true path to speed.
The triple F - First ,Fast & Fair - see you on the grid.

I've always lived in a country house with lots of land! So I have been riding and driving for as long as I can remember. I've always loved motorsport and having targaNZ runing on the same 15km winding road that I drive on everyday and local rally meets visible from my house! is awesome! I enjoy attacking them in the early hours!

Been a HUGE GT fan! from day 1 with GT1-GT4 and now here at GT5P online and meeting fast racers!
It's almost addictive and I'd say GT5 will be so I hope you can all join me there.

GT5! TTR's RACING HEAVEN!!!.

The name is Alastair, I'm 18 and I come from Manly, Sydney, Australia.

Currently in the trasition from school to uni, going to study photography. I've always loved cars. They have always been a big thing in my life, and those who know me would say I have a knack for turning any conversation on cars by finding the weirdest most insufficient segway possible and taking it.

So....in terms of racing - been an avid GT player since GT3, not THE fastest in the TTs down to he use of a pad (a good workman ALWAYS blames his tools ), but I'm told I'm quite handy on the track when everything is dialed in correctly, so all is not lost. I race close but fair. Knocks will happen but my theory is that its the byproduct of 10/10ths racing - but it is never intentional, and I always act with due respect if a situation arises. So - if you want to race, the PSN is under the avatar.

Write up coming soon....

Write up Coming Soon...

Write up coming soon....

Write up coming soon....

Write up coming soon....

Features of the Thread
- Thread will be continuously updated with new TT-R news, results and videos.
- Page/thread has many links in which you can click on such as the Monday Night Racing event, the TLD tuning link and the links on all of our usernames which leads you to our GTPlanet Profile pages.👍

Last edited:
Looking good.:) I wonder if anyone will ever come and look at it.:lol: I better write my driver profile.:D

Looking good.:) I wonder if anyone will ever come and look at it.:lol: I better write my driver profile.:D

Thanks Paulie.:) I tried my best to make it look good. I hope people will come and look at it, hopefully if we or someone else mentions SCR somewhere and other members don't know what we're on about, Someone will link this thread instead of just explaining it.;) That's sort of what this thread is for, to show what SCR is and who is in it.:)

And yes, whoever hasn't done their driver profile yet. Please do so ASAP please.👍

Well you and I make two Paulie, so thats a start:sly:...looks good mad keep up the good work.👍

Last edited:
Trippy banner. I like the idea 👍.

The First pic is thanks to "bigfish" and the 2nd SCR banner is thanks to SCR's own "supersonic-88". Thanks guys. Great work!:cheers:

Now I know what these chats Paulie keep inviting me to are! I think I may have to get more involved with you guys over the summer whilst I can be available at the times you'll be on.

So...er.....how does one join SCR? Is it a follow up from monday night racing?

It is an invite only group. You have to be from AU or NZ and we'll keep the rest a secret.:lol: We are watching....Don't worry.;)

Last edited:
Now I know what these chats Paulie keep inviting me to are! I think I may have to get more involved with you guys over the summer whilst I can be available at the times you'll be on.

Unfortunately you won't be able to join our team, but if you want to come race with us, by all means!👍:D

Unfortunately you won't be able to join our team, but if you want to come race with us, by all means!👍:D

Yep, certainly. We don't mind people we know are clean joining us.👍 We don't race in secret, we invite as many people as possible that are on our friends list.👍

Update to first post. Paulie's Driver profile added.👍

I just want to point out that all race cars used by Southern Cross Racing are built and developed by The Lion's Den, even if the setup happens to be a driver specific one not created by TLD.:D Engineering alliance FTW!:lol: Also of note, when V8 Supercars World Championship starts and the Six Banger Championship starts (in GT5) both Southern Cross Racing and TLD's own The Lion's Den Racing teams will both be competing as something of a 4 car super team (despite being separate), similar to what Holden Racing Team and HSV Dealer Team did a few years back.

I just want to point out that all race cars used by Southern Cross Racing are built and developed by The Lion's Den, even if the setup happens to be a driver specific one not created by TLD.:D Engineering alliance FTW!:lol: Also of note, when V8 Supercars World Championship starts and the Six Banger Championship starts (in GT5) both Southern Cross Racing and TLD's own The Lion's Den Racing teams will both be competing as something of a 4 car super team (despite being separate), similar to what Holden Racing Team and HSV Dealer Team did a few years back.

Correct.:D SCR tries to help Paulie with tunes as much as possible (not that he needs any help.:P). We have formed a super team or partnership as Paulie said which will hopefully benefit both of the teams in the future. So we may see SCR drivers driving for TLD-R in these competitions for GT5 due to the Walkinshaw Performance like Super Team.:)

Correct.:D SCR tries to help Paulie with tunes as much as possible (not that he needs any help.:P). We have formed a super team or partnership as Paulie said which will hopefully benefit both of the teams in the future. So we may see SCR drivers driving for TLD-R in these competitions for GT5 due to the Walkinshaw Performance like Super Team.:)

What's this? You haven't offered any help with my tunes yet.:sly: Development help is not needed, feedback is.:D If I feel development help is needed I'll contact you.:P It is possible we'll see a SCR driver field the other TLD-R car in the V8 Supercars World Championship as that spot is not filled yet, but there are one or 2 drivers with spots reserved/semi-reserved for the Six Banger Championship and GTP Classic Touring Car Masters.

What's this? You haven't offered any help with my tunes yet.:sly: Development help is not needed, feedback is.:D If I feel development help is needed I'll contact you.:P It is possible we'll see a SCR driver field the other TLD-R car in the V8 Supercars World Championship as that spot is not filled yet, but there are one or 2 drivers with spots reserved/semi-reserved for the Six Banger Championship and GTP Classic Touring Car Masters.

:lol: I meant help as in Test and then tell you that you need to try harder and make it go faster.:P:lol: I wouldn't have a clue on how to tune, I can only test them to their limits.:lol:

Ok nice, Well we have 11 SCR members and that is too many as we can only field 6 cars in total over the three series'. So if TLD-R needs a driver SCR is here.:lol:

Excellent work.. I look forward to participating in future events with my fellow teammates...Go SCR.

Profile coming soon.

Excellent work Mad, I will look forward to plenty of SCR meets in the future.

Will get on to my profile ASAP.

First post updates with Nick's profile and a youtube video I made for SCR.:) Not sure how good it is...But it was fun making it.:lol:

Awesome video Mad,keep up the great work:tup:

Thanks, we are all currently flat-chat with a new SCR project at the moment.:lol: Big addition for us....

Also, we are running our "It's Friday SCR!" at Suzuka 550pp tonight in XK's. :00 :20 :40 schedule.👍

The racing last night was sweet!
When i took the XK out for afew proving laps i thought it was abit of a dead fish - think the drop in PP at suzuka had clouded my judgement - but once in a group of these cars and with the SCR talent behind the wheels it was like a precision flying demonstration...outstanding guys!
Did a 2,18.9xx while tucked in behind Animera&Mad....and yes Paulie you did pip me at the post :)

Just joined the new forum, awesome stuff! Excellent job creating it Mad! 👍

Should we use this thread for discussing the night's racing? I thought that was more for the social group and other place.;) This car was great to drive from the start :sly:, I love driving this.:D

PS- Where have you been lately Nicko?

I've been a bit sick the last few days but all better now, so I should be good for some racing over the next few days. :)

Yeah, don't use this to discuss the races we have.:) You the Social group or the new Forum.👍

Ok, Nick.👍 I won't be online tonight by the way guys.

SCR Releases....

SCR Website! It is a new forum in which we will be discussing our race meets and events.
:) Feel free to sign up guys.👍

SCR Forum

Thanks, we are all currently flat-chat with a new SCR project at the moment.:lol: Big addition for us....

Also, we are running our "It's Friday SCR!" at Suzuka 550pp tonight in XK's. :00 :20 :40 schedule.👍

Ohhhhhh....so this is where people came from in the XKs. I looked in the GT5P racing section and couldn't find anything. I apologise to anyone who accidentally got in the way of my usually out of control RX7 whilst I was learning how to tune.:guilty:

Ohhhhhh....so this is where people came from in the XKs. I looked in the GT5P racing section and couldn't find anything. I apologise to anyone who accidentally got in the way of my usually out of control RX7 whilst I was learning how to tune.:guilty:

I didn't see you last night.:odd: Were you on really late? Like after 23:00?

We motored on for another hour and half or so paulie and ended up having some great battles with Leonidae
joining in as well...:)

Latest Posts

Back