Trans Tasman Racing

• Thread starter Mad94d
  • 194 comments
Just a quick message about SCR: As all of you i'm sure are aware, there has been an upgrade to the group section.👍 I have added a few threads in our group, it is now sort of a mirror to our "Race Meetings" Section on the SCR Forums.:)

Sorry for double post, but here is a video that PAPAOSA has made of the action from Friday night.:D

I think this is a great video and would be great to see more of these done.:D Thanks Craig, awesome video mate!

Nice little group you have going here Mad, you're really a great contributor to the forums. 👍

But I couldn't help but notice the addition of your most recent member, and I'm wondering why he's listed as GTP_TIZZLA?

Because with this post, he rid himself of the right to use that tag here on GTP.

Please delete me from the GTP registry thanks 👍

EDK
Nice little group you have going here Mad, you're really a great contributor to the forums. 👍

But I couldn't help but notice the addition of your most recent member, and I'm wondering why he's listed as GTP_TIZZLA?

Because with this post, he rid himself of the right to use that tag here on GTP.

Thanks Kevin.👍 I'm really glad I created this group, I think everyone else would agree with me that the races and chats we have are fantastic.:)

Yeah. I should probably change that. Tizzla doesn't actually have a PS3 at the moment, or a wheel etc. So he won't be joining us again until GT5. But I will change it now.:)

Looking forward to when Tiz returns in GT5, he was a awesome racer and a pleasure to battle with :)

Boy, you guys look like you're having fun 👍.

I suggest that you might also find lots of enjoyment and close racing if you give the PP700 a try with unlimited spec M3s. Me and PAPAOSA had some close racing not too long ago - and if you'd like to keep up with the rest of the pack (seeing as the M3s only go up to 67Xpp) I've had some great racing in the F40 as well.

We are 80Y 2C2.:D It's fantastic, but remember guys, anyone can join us on Friday nights. Quite often I post here and tell everyone the combo and schedule we will be running. At the moment we haven't got a combo set (SCR members, please discuss the combo in our group or at the SCR Forums, Thanks.).

We are 80Y 2C2.:D It's fantastic, but remember guys, anyone can join us on Friday nights. Quite often I post here and tell everyone the combo and schedule we will be running. At the moment we haven't got a combo set (SCR members, please discuss the combo in our group or at the SCR Forums, Thanks.).

We're racing the same as last week.:odd:

:lol: I thought we were too, but maybe we could alternate the cars that everyone chose for the first week? Obviously you would keep the car you chose Paulie.

:lol: I thought we were too, but maybe we could alternate the cars that everyone chose for the first week? Obviously you would keep the car you chose Paulie.

I don't mind. I just want to have a race in this format.:) Shall I re-post the list in SCR? I'll re-post the list in SCR.;)

SCR will be running at Fuji 550pp RWD tonight. Not sure what time slots as of yet. Maybe :00 :20 :40.... I'll be back here to update the info if it isn't correct. There is no set car, But a few rules, We have set the PP on different cars to make them even so we have variety and not one car dominating. So therefore the faster cars (clio, Lotus) need to be de-tuned. Check the SCR group for the car list and info.:)

Hopefully we see a few SCR guys out racing tonight! Race ya' soon guys!

P.S PAPA, are you going to take some video and make a highlights video again?:D

EDIT: That is all incorrect. It looks like we'll be running 800pp Suzuka in a "Run what ya' Brung" night. So you're able to drive whatever you want tonight at 800pp Suzuka.

Sorry for the double post....But SCR has some news...

SCR NEWS
SCR is now using a new forum! It uses phpBB which means it looks similiar to GTPlanet. It isn't as fancy looking but the forum itself is much better, please use this SCR forum from now on thank you.

http://southerncrossracing.freeforums.org

Hey Mad, I noticed that the first page contains the web address of our old forum, it might be a good idea to update this with our new forum that Blair started?

Hey Mad, I noticed that the first page contains the web address of our old forum, it might be a good idea to update this with our new forum that Blair started?

Fixed.:)

A compilation of Fridays nights SCR gathering .
Thanks once again to the ever improving quality editing of PAPA:tup:
Nice one mate.

Last edited:
During that night's racing, there was one race where we had a big scrap going for 2nd place while Nicko charged ahead, once I got clear on lap 5 I only lost 1 tenth more to him on the lap, and that's the only time one tenth felt like such a difference in speed. Just shows how close the SCR racing is.:)
(I'm loading the video now, damn slow connection).

Watched it now, good stuff.:dopey: I was a little disappointed when you seen us going 3 wide into the tight esses but never showed the result. Can I offer the feedback to not cut out on the verge of a hot racing moment?:)

Agreed, fantastic video once again Craig!👍 keep up the great work. That 3 wide into the chicane looked impressive.:D

Thanks guy's.:)

Advise taken Paulie, Heres a couple of full lap vid's from this, and last week.:sly:

Loved the "New Suits" vid PAPA. 👍 So awesome. :D More great vids mate!

Nice Vids PAPA!👍 Always great to see SCR Racing.:)

The view from PAPA's car at SCR_FNR this week:scared::crazy:

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Awesome vids mate. I like the first one with the accidents towards the end.:lol: Oh and also the great 3 wide finish and the "That's Gold" comment".:D:lol:

After finding out how un-original Southern Cross Racing is our team is making a name change to Trans Tasman Racing. Official dates for the change aren't set, and we don't know roughly when we'll do it (soon I guess), but keep an eye out for us.

Back