Trans Tasman Racing

• Thread starter Mad94d
  • 194 comments
Welcome Nibbers, you come in just as I find out I can race no longer until I solve an issue that I have no clue how to solve.

BTW Mad, Mike is a very talented drifter too, and he's been in for a while.;)

Cheers mate - yeah, what was with that? Somthing about the throttle?

And Toivonen was definatly showing some drift prowess this arvo in his S2'd RX7.

Welcome Nibbers, you come in just as I find out I can race no longer until I solve an issue that I have no clue how to solve.

BTW Mad, Mike is a very talented drifter too, and he's been in for a while.;)

Oh yeah, Sorry Mike. :dunce: You're right Paulie. Nibbers and Mike can have drift sessions. :dopey:

Oh yeah, Sorry Mike. :dunce: You're right Paulie. Nibbers and Mike can have drift sessions. :dopey:

SL55 at Fuji :mischievous:. With N3s, it is, as Jezza would call it, a leathery drift machine. Look forward to any drifting, but I wasn't aware that TTR did it....and I still don't think so - or do we?

SL55 at Fuji :mischievous:. With N3s, it is, as Jezza would call it, a leathery drift machine. Look forward to any drifting, but I wasn't aware that TTR did it....and I still don't think so - or do we?

Well we do when we're all so tired that we can't concentrate on racing anymore. So it normally happens after 10:30pm on Friday nights. Well used to happen, not sure if it still does. :lol: But yeah, that's stuff that you don't see in PAPA's videos.... All the "non-serious fun". :lol:

Fair enough - thats when I do drifing as well. Just when that tune isn't working for me, I love nothing more than to slap some rediculously hard tyres on and give it the beans 👍.

Talk about Drifting!!.. just watch young mad in the first minute of this vid!:sly:

(Unfortunatlly the soundtrack was changed due to copyright laws..)

Welcome to TTR 80Y 2C2! 👍 Great to have another Aussie racer on the team. :cheers:

Another awesome vid as always Craig. Fantastic job! 👍

TTR.jpg

TT-R gets a Site Domain!
It's been a long time coming, but Trans Tasman Racing finally has it's own site domain. We have been using free forum companies for a while now. But we decided to buy a site domain using freeforums.org. So we are now www.transtasmanracing.com.​

All of TT-R would like to thank PAPAOSA for donating the money for this all to happen. It really shows how how genorous and friendly we all are in this team. Thanks a lot Craig! That was a massive thing to do! 👍​

Team Founder "Mad94d" Said that "TT-R has wanted this for a while now, it's been a long time coming but we eventually got there thanks to Craig's help. Thanks again Craig. It has finally happened and I know I say it a lot, but this is another step to making us a better team but it also is an easier address to remember. But not only that! It has the right team name in the domain now!"​

PAPAOSA was unavailable at the time that this press release was published, but we should get some comments from him later on. :)

Get to www.transtasmanracing.com now and check it out if you want! Feel free to join too by the way. 👍

Trans Tasman Racing

It's pretty sad when a major racing team toiling with cars worth hundreds of thousands can't afford a $10 site domain.:lol: J/K.:lol:

Good on ya mate:tup:
It is a great jesture on your part for us all to enjoy.:D

Thanks guy's

I was more than happy to help in the development of the TT-R site, given that it's where I spend most of my time on-line, other than here of course.:sly: so when the opportunity came up to to be able to help, there was really no hesitation to make a small Donation.

And so apart from the domain name itself being changed, I'm sure we'll all benefit from some of the other changes to the site that will now become available.

Enjoy fellas, Craig :)

We all know you did it just to get that Premium.:lol: J/K of course, I guess I am a little obnoxtious like that.:banghead: Thanks again anyway Craig.👍:)

Sorry guy's, been out of the loop recently with work getting real busy leading up to christmas oh and... NO PS3!

Good on you Craig! your just adding to the list of reasons why i like you.

We all know you did it just to get that Premium. :lol:J/K of course, I guess I am a little obnoxtious like that.:banghead: Thanks again anyway Craig.👍:)

priemiumPapa.png

Oh yeah and the Premo!...of course. :sly: Obnoxious? :odd: Paulie? Nah..surely not!..:lol:

priemiumPapa.png

Oh yeah and the Premo!...of course. :sly: Obnoxious? :odd: Paulie? Nah..surely not!..:lol:
Thanks Papa, you the man!:D:tup:
Ah Paulie you know we love that about you mate.:lol: In the Driver likeness thread you where said to be like Bargwanna 'happy to fist up for what matters', now thats Aussie!:lol:👍
On a side note, SuperSonic dropped in to 'The PSN Thread' to congradulate me on making the 1000th post...
I didn't even know it was the 1000th post...:dopey:
Here's to 'The Man' Papa, 'Aussie like a Holden Ute' Paulie, and the 'new & improved' TT-R!:cheers::cheers:
R*

Oh noes, I have no drinks here to celebrate with!:eek:

Transtasmannewscover_.jpg

In this issue of Trans Tasman Racing we cover what TT-R will be doing in GT5 when it is released, The latest tunes and announcements from LDP, The latest GT5 images and TT-R spied testing their new 2010 TT-R engineering VE Commodore V8 Supercar at Lakeside Raceway and much much more!
TT-R Planning Ahead!

Trans Tasman Racing will be hoping to enter quite a few events when it comes to GT5, including running events. TT-R has plans to run events such as simple Race events, to full fledged Championships or leagues. TT-R drivers are excited about the release of GT5 for various reasons, "TT-R has big plans for GT5, we have already released our website, but as we've said in the past, we hope to run events and also have TT-R liveries if that option is available in GT5. GT5 will definetely be massive for TT-R" said Mad94d.

SPIED!!
test3.png

As mentioned before, TT-R will be entering a league at Adrenalin Factor in the TrackIR V8 series. TT-R has been caught on a couple of occasions testing a new 2010 VE V8 supercar in what appears to be an unfinished livery. We know that the 1st driver in the team will be current Sandman Young Lions driver Mad94d, but we are unsure of who will be driving the 2nd TT-R Commodore.

y1mFTcpk2cYHeRbYKNvvZGoywdW2lTmyxy5.jpg

TrackIR Season VI Results

In Last night's V8SFG 250Km race held at Phillip Island on rFactor. Mad94d qualified 4th in the Sandman Young Lions Commodore. Got off to a fairly good start but stayed 5th. Pretty much had a lonely race to come home in 3rd

Qualifying Results:
1st: Sandman (Sandman Motorsport)
2nd: Bowie (V8SFG Racing)
3rd: Backmarker (V8SFG Racing)
4th: Mad94d (Sandman Young Lions)
5th: Matt016 (eStyles Racing)

250Km Race Results (70 laps, 4 xCPS)
1st: Sandman (Sandman Motorsport)
2nd: Matt016 (eStyles Racing)
3rd: Mad94d (Sandman Young Lions)
4th: Bowie (V8SFG Racing)
5th: Backmarker (V8SFG Racing)

Mad94d's comments:
Overall really pleased, the Sandman Young Lions #77 car just didn't really have the pace all the way through practice and Qualifying, so really pleased to come out of one of Adrenalin Factor's biggest events with a Podium. Congratulations to Sandman for his blistering pace once again, and Matt for his best V8 series result.

Bring on Bathurst!

Bathurst at Adrenalin Factor is a 125 lap Hotswap (driver changes) race. It is no doubt Adrenalin Factor's biggest race. Lets hope I can bring home a good result at the big one!

LDP_Retro_edited-2.jpg
Lions Den Performance

LDP will be active with TT-R in GT5 with Paulie and Dragonistic still releasing top of the line front running tunes and getting maximum performance out of every car. TT-R drivers will be of course helping to test and offer constructive criticism to the engineers at work. This technical alliance with LDP should offer benefits to both parties.

Paulie has also announced that Holden and Ford will be getting different tuning stages in LDP's Predator Edition concept. Here is what Paulie has had to say and announce at the TT-R Forum.

LDP Commodore SV8 Predator Edition, 340kw, N3-S1 tyres, full weight. A car designed to race against C63 AMGs, M3s, RS4s and other fast sports cars. Full interior and sensible tuning make it great for normal road use too.
LDP Old Man Emu Commodore Predator Edition, 380kw, weight reduction, S1-S3 tyres depending on event or use. A car to race against anything from M5s, RS6s, to XKRs and 911 Turbos. Still good for day to day use, more at home on track though due to large power and slightly more agressive tuning.
LDP Commodore V8 Supercar World Championship Road Going Predator Edition, 400+kw, weight reduction, S3 tyres. (See current LDP ISF Predator Edition description for what goes in these beasts). Good against Z06s, GTRs F430s, Lambos, etc etc. Very bad for road use, but legal on the road none the less.
LDP Commodore Predator Edition X, power TBA/ big anyway, probably similar to V8 SC Road Going, aero kit added, S3 tyres, weight reduction. Good for competing against other tuning companies like Mine's, Amuse, Tom's, etc, in addition to ZR1s, SpecVs, Viper ACRs etc. Similarly bad for road use to V8 SC Road Going. No back seat now, best suited to track use only, legal for trip to track if necessary.

LDP Falcon Super Roo Predator Edition, 340kw, N3-S1 tyres, full weight. A car designed to race against C63 AMGs, M3s, RS4s and other fast sports cars. Full interior and sensible tuning make it great for normal road use too.
LDP Falcon GT High Output Predator Edition, 380kw, weight reduction, S1-S3 tyres depending on event or use. A car to race against anything from M5s, RS6s, to XKRs and 911 Turbos. Still good for day to day use, more at home on track though due to large power and slightly more agressive tuning.
LDP Falcon V8 Supercar World Championship Road Going Predator Edition, 400+kw, weight reduction, S3 tyres. (See current LDP IS F Predator Edition description for what goes in these beasts). Good against Z06s, GTRs F430s, Lambos, etc etc. Very bad for road use, but legal on the road none the less.
LDP Falcon Predator Edition X, power TBA/ big anyway, probably similar to V8 SC Road Going, aero kit added, S3 tyres, weight reduction. Good for competing against other tuning companies like Mine's, Amuse, Tom's, etc, in addition to ZR1s, SpecVs, Viper ACRs etc. Similarly bad for road use to V8 SC Road Going. No back seat now, best suited to track use only, legal for trip to track if necessary.

WRS Results

TT-R has been over the moon with the results of fellow racers in the past month of WRS with Animera and zed300 really holding the TT-R flag high. This week in WRS 56 looks promising as well with Mad94d 3rd on the splits leaderboard and Animera only 0.2 behind. Admittedly, it has been a tough week for zed300 to find speed, but hopefully it does still yield a good lap as his splits are still quite fast.

EYSII2.jpg

Enhance Your Skills Series II

Enhance Your Skill Series II will be launching in just a few hours!! The qualifier will be released later on this afternoon. Mad94d was excited about the new series when asked earlier today, "It is exciting to see so many previous EYS drivers and many more new drivers coming for Series II. Series II as promised will be bigger and better than Series I with the inclusion of Divisions, no handbrake rule and the rules laid down well this time!!"

Entries are still open for EYS II, and they will be all series, but if you join late you will still need to do the qualifier to be placed into a Division.

GT5 Screenshots!

Here are a few screenshots of what is suspected to be GT5.

gran-turismo-5-screenshots-0909-6.jpg

gran-turismo-5-screenshots-0909-7.jpg

gt-5-sls-amg-screenshots-and-video-.jpg

This issue was put together quite quickly and mostly explains what TT-R will be doing in the future with GT5 and rFactor.

Thanks to PAPAOSA for the magazine cover for Trans Tasman Racing News. :cheers:

Last edited:
Indeed it is, I wish I'd noticed this thread earlier :) Good to see LDP getting some space to, I look forward to working with TTR in the future.

TTR.jpg

TT-R Updates Website!
Thanks to the help of once again, PAPAOSA, the TT-R forum has had it's biggest overhaul yet. We updated to "Premium" tonight allowing us to modify the site even more.

check it out if you want, www.transtasmanracing.com!

TTR.jpg

TT-R Updates Website!
Thanks to the help of once again, PAPAOSA, the TT-R forum has had it's biggest overhaul yet. We updated to "Premium" tonight allowing us to modify the site even more.

check it out if you want, www.transtasmanracing.com!

+1 Thanks again Craig. Your continued support is very much appreciated 👍 :)

Great work mad on the previous page with the magazine coverage. Will be even better once GT5 is out and we can cover results and competitions :D

Yeah, looking forward to the "TT-R Mag" when GT5 is out so we can release results and more TT-R/LDP news I suppose. Maybe it will be better published too instead of just a quick rush post every so often. :lol:

Three cheers for Craig! Hip hip, I hate basketball refs!!!!

Oh, did that just slip out?:rolleyes:

Thanks again Craig.:)

Awesome videos Craig, always great to watch. :)

Update the TT-R Banner with the proper one for the next set. :P

Back