Trans Tasman Racing

• Thread starter Mad94d
  • 194 comments
I didn't see you last night.:odd: Were you on really late? Like after 23:00?

Nah....earlier, but I didn't see you - just three GTP tags - One Toivonen and one Animera.

Oh, and thanks for racing with me tonite Paulie, hope I wasn't too slow.

Nah....earlier, but I didn't see you - just three GTP tags - One Toivonen and one Animera.

Oh, and thanks for racing with me tonite Paulie, hope I wasn't too slow.

I was the one in the Mustang, so you certainly didn't have to worry about being slow.:lol: I was relying on your occasional mistake to keep up.👍

The SCR Forums were in the top 1% of webs sites created this week!:D Thanks guys!:cheers:

Dear User,

Congrats - Your site with username southerncrossracing is in the Top 1% of all sites created this week!

(Stuff about using your popularity and buying domains I took out)

Sincerely,
The Webs Team

Link to SCR Forums.
http://southerncrossracing.webs.com

I was the one in the Mustang, so you certainly didn't have to worry about being slow.:lol: I was relying on your occasional mistake to keep up.👍

How kind. Ah well....even if I wasn't fast, the RX7 is an enjoyable car to drive.

Top 1% of forums created? Awesome! :lol: I suppose since we reached an extremely high post count within the first 48 hours we were bound to achieve something :lol:

New forum is fantastic, keep it up Mad. 👍

Top 1% of forums created? Awesome! :lol: I suppose since we reached an extremely high post count within the first 48 hours we were bound to achieve something :lol:

New forum is fantastic, keep it up Mad. 👍

:lol: Yeah it is for sure!

I would like to congratulate zed300 on his promotion!

Good news mad, great work to all involved let's keep it up guy's.👍

SCR news:
The Lion's Den hit hard by global recession, few customers coming through door.

:lol: No but seriously, I love my Predator Editions, and so does Dragonistic, but they're not being received very well.......

SCR news:
The Lion's Den hit hard by global recession, few customers coming through door.

:lol: No but seriously, I love my Predator Editions, and so does Dragonistic, but they're not being received very well.......

That's because no-one does arcade races for fun.;):lol: They're a good idea, but I know I never do "fun" or "non-serious" races. I'm always doing WRS or racing online etc.:)

That's because no-one does arcade races for fun.;):lol: They're a good idea, but I know I never do "fun" or "non-serious" races. I'm always doing WRS or racing online etc.:)

Oh you sad, sad driver.:P You're not experiencing racing sports cars how it's meant to be!:D You'll have to use them in GT5, for the offline career mode.;)

Oh you sad, sad driver.:P You're not experiencing racing sports cars how it's meant to be!:D You'll have to use them in GT5, for the offline career mode.;)

Actually, you do make an excellent point there. Those Predator tunes may be useless to me in GT5:P, but as you say, I'll be using them a lot in GT5 for the GT mode. I have no choice.:lol:

I do, but I only race untuned with S3s as standard. I see the point in theory, but its a bit like tuning a car on purpose to not be as fast as you can make it - plus I want to overtake a superior car with the knowledge that it was me and not the tune that did it.

I do, but I only race untuned with S3s as standard. I see the point in theory, but its a bit like tuning a car on purpose to not be as fast as you can make it - plus I want to overtake a superior car with the knowledge that it was me and not the tune that did it.

And I want to overtake a supercar in my Camaro knowing fully it wouldn't be possible without a dedicated setup and a fast driver to make it possible.:sly:

...but I always thought that the predator tunes were based off making a car a step up from stock, but not a full blown tune.

And I probably should have added that I only race along side AI cars of the same or slightly higher calibre.

Online is different though - its run what you brung.

...but I always thought that the predator tunes were based off making a car a step up from stock, but not a full blown tune.

Predator Editions are what ever we make them to be. If I want one Commodore SS Predator Edition to only be taking on cars like M5, or Corvette C6 LS3 then that's how I'll tune it, if I want another to be tackling bigger fish like the XKR, or C6 Z06, etc then that's how I'll tune it again. We have a new breed of model coming too which will be called Predator Edition X, with "X" standing for the "extra something" or the "hardcore", depending on how you look at it, maybe both. Essentially these will be the hardcore street legal track cars with nothing held back other than the limits of sanity :mischievous: (eg. aero kits, big power, S tyres only still). That's when a Commodore Predator Editon X will be racing with GTR SpecV's, ZR1s, etc. (well probably that fast anyway). I do think that if the aero modification system changes in GT5, eg. having a 2 stage aero modification option the nomenclature may change ever so slightly, but you get the idea. The only reason Prologue Predator Editons are only slight steps above their production versions is because of the stupid modification system in Prologue which takes away bottom end power to make more power. We're not in the business of creating zero low end acceleration just for a few extra ponies, our cars need to come across as strong, fast and fun.

So to re-cap here, it might be possible to see something like this of a line-up in GT5 for one car, eg. base car- Holden VE Commodore SS:
TLD Commodore SV8 Predator Edition, 320kw, N3-S1 tyres, full weight. A car designed to race against C63 AMGs, M3s, RS4s and other fast sports cars. Full interior and sensible tuning make it great for normal road use too.
TLD Commodore SS-R Predator Edition, 380kw, weight reduction, S1-S3 tyres depending on event or use. A car to race against anything from M5s, RS6s, to XKRs and 911 Turbos. Still good for day to day use, more at home on track though due to large power and slightly more agressive tuning.
TLD Commodore V8 Supercar World Championship Road Going Predator Edition, 400+kw, weight reduction, S3 tyres. (See current TLD ISF Predator Edition description for what goes in these beasts). Good against Z06s, GTRs F430s, Lambos, etc etc. Very bad for road use, but legal on the road none the less.
TLD Commodore Predator Edition X, power TBA/ big anyway, probably similar to V8 SC Road Going, aero kit added, S3 tyres, weight reduction. Good for competing against other tuning companies like Mine's, Amuse, Tom's, etc, in addition to ZR1s, SpecVs, Viper ACRs etc. Similarly bad for road use to V8 SC Road Going. No back seat now, best suited to track use only, legal for trip to track if necessary.

You heard it here first.;)

So...in European car terms (bear with me, I'll understand better this way)

The stock car is a stock car (on in European car terms, a Mercedes CLK)

Then you have predator (Mercedes CLK 63AMG)

Then you have the predator X (Mercedes CLK 63 AMG Black edition)

?

So...in European car terms (bear with me, I'll understand better this way)

The stock car is a stock car (on in European car terms, a Mercedes CLK)

Then you have predator (Mercedes CLK 63AMG)

Then you have the predator X (Mercedes CLK 63 AMG Black edition)

?

I would dare to say Predator Edition X is well above Black Edition even.
Or, if you must compare to real life examples:
Honda S2000 is the stock car
honda-s2000-2007-titel.jpg

Spoon S2000 is like a Predator Edition
2ik6t09.jpg

Amuse S2000 GT1 is Predator Edition X.
amuse_s2000_gt1.jpg

Different companies, but those could be the levels we're talking, but the oridinary Predator Edition could be very fast or not much faster over stock as evidenced by my Commodore example. It's entirely possible to have many more than one Predator Edition to one car to cover different levels of the performance spectrum.👍

I would dare to say Predator Edition X is well above Black Edition even.
Or, if you must compare to real life examples:
Honda S2000 is the stock car
Spoon S2000 is like a Predator Edition
Amuse S2000 is Predator Edition X.
Different companies, but those could be the levels we're talking, but the oridinary Predator Edition could be very fast or not much faster over stock as evidenced by my Commodore example. It's entirely possible to have many more than one Predator Edition to one car to cover different levels of the performance spectrum.👍

OK...so Predator X is balls to the wall? (Gosh, it's like doing a bloody infomercial - So Paulie...tell us about this new range, I hear it's had great results on the track.........What number should viewers call again?...:lol:)

OK...so Predator X is balls to the wall? (Gosh, it's like doing a bloody infomercial - So Paulie...tell us about this new range, I hear it's had great results on the track.........What number should viewers call again?...:lol:)

Predator Edition X is balls to, up and over the wall!:lol: Without the use of R tyres though. The only thing I EVER use R tyres for when given the choice is race cars, none of these which are.

That's KLEIN-DIKE 5-3226
(The Simpson's phone number?)

Re; last 8-9 post's,

What a hilarious conversation.....:lol:

BTW, love the new avatar 80Y.

Just an SCR announcement.

We will be running Mustangs at Fuji 550pp tonight in the next hour or so on the schedule :00 :20 :40.👍

Hey Mad, how about an update to the news section eh?:sly:

SCR will be racing the 135i Coupe at Suzuka tonight in accordance with GTP Event 03 regulations, which means no limit to tyre type. Hope to see some familiar faces, and maybe some new, out there.:)

Hey Mad, how about an update to the news section eh?:sly:

SCR will be racing the 135i Coupe at Suzuka tonight in accordance with GTP Event 03 regulations, which means no limit to tyre type. Hope to see some familiar faces, and maybe some new, out there.:)

I'll be there tonight! Hope to see a lot of SCR faces on the grid!

Alright i'm jumping in now for a few races. I will probably be gone again to the PC at about 7:30pm to 8pm though.

Southern Cross Racing Goal
Write up Coming soon... World dominat
Should we be trying to think of a goal?

Yeah Paulie, we should start to consider possible goals for our team (although world domination sounds good) :lol:

BTW, has anyone heard from TIZZLA lately?

Couldn't get back on after I finished work, for FNR.
In the races I did have before, I was just trailing up to 5 car lengths of, and the picture was awesome, 5 of you mixing it up :lol: 👍

Back