Trans Tasman Racing

• Thread starter Mad94d
  • 194 comments
After finding out how un-original Southern Cross Racing is our team is making a name change to Trans Tasman Racing.
Haha, I have to be honestly, every time I saw "Southern Cross Racing" I immediately thought of southern cross tattoos with no meaning behind them and large southern cross stickers on a 20-something year old males rear window. "Trans Tasman Racing" sounds much better, reminiscent of the old Tasman Series. 👍

I like the name Trans Tasman Racing much more 👍

We haven't officially changed to Trans Tasman Racing yet, but it is likely that we will over the coming days. A few things I need to discuss etc.

We're gonna need Tiz's driver profile to complete the first post! His PSN needs updating too. 👍

Yes we do nicko.:) and now it looks as though the name has been officially changed, we now are looking forward to mad's decision for the Naming rights....:sly:

Just one more little adjustment to the first post - Noticed Paulie's driver profile still calls his tuning garage The Lion's Den.

Just one more little adjustment to the first post - Noticed Paulie's driver profile still calls his tuning garage The Lion's Den.

Yeah fixing that would be nice.:)

Fixed the first post, wouldn't mind discussing the naming of the team over at the other forum. Just need to ask one thing...

We'll be Trans Tasman Racing really soon!:dopey:

We'll be Trans Tasman Racing really soon!:dopey:

Yep. We're pretty much just waiting on buying our own domain so we can change our site name. :) Hopefully we can do that within the next week or two.

Let me know when your ready to change :)
- could not use my SCR profile last night..was blocked for some reason

TTR.jpg

Southern Cross Racing becomes Trans Tasman Racing!

After lengthy discussions within the team, the decision was made at 10:40pm that Southern Cross Racing would officially become Trans Tasman Racing at 11pm October 11th 2009.

Team founder "Mad94d" commented on the decision just after the change was announced and said that the reason for the team making this change is because the team is moving forward and believes that changes like this are what the team needs to lift it to new heights. "This is the sort of thing that this team needs, "Southern Cross" was just used too commonly throughout all teams and businesses throughout Australia and New Zealand. So this name change is what the team needs to become more unique which is what we want."

We will be creating new tags and changing our site domain soon, hopefully within this week. It will take a little while to settle into this new name, but I think and the team thinks it will benefit us down the track.

Trans Tasman Racing will see you on track!

Last edited:
TTR.jpg

Southern Cross Racing becomes Trans Tasman Racing!

After lengthy discussions within the team, the decision was made at 10:40pm that Southern Cross Racing would officially become Trans Tasman Racing at 11pm October 11th 2009.

Team founder "Mad94d" commented on the decision just after the change was announced and said that the reason for the team making this change is because the team is moving forward and believes that changes like this are what the team needs to lift it to new heights. "This is the sort of thing that this team needs, "Southern Cross" was just used too commonly throughout all teams and businesses throughout Australia and New Zealand. So this name change is what the team needs to become more unique which is what we want."

We will be going creating new tags and changing our site domain soon, hopefully within this week. It will take a little while to settle into this new name, but I think and the team thinks it will benefit us down the track.

Trans Tasman Racing will see you on track!

Erm how?

I haven't been exactly looking, but I have never come across a race schedule open to common fodder like I.

Love the press release, was a little bummed though that none of the reporters there that night wanted to ask me anything about Lion's Den Performance.:lol:

Erm how?

I haven't been exactly looking, but I have never come across a race schedule open to common fodder like I.

We race every Friday night, anyone is welcome to join but we don't follow a time schedule so being in our chat room is essential.👍

Oh ok, I thought everyone was in a chat room or something. :dunce:

Haha.:lol: Nup, Paulie and I at the other forum.:lol: I just thought it'd be a bit funny if I tried to do a press release, got that idea from the AdrenalinFactor guys, they do that all the time.

"This is the sort of thing that this team needs, "Southern Cross" was just used too commonly throughout all teams and businesses throughout Australia and New Zealand. So this name change is what the team needs to become more unique which is what we want."

Southern cross name to me is how Jackington explained:

Jackington
I immediately thought of southern cross tattoos with no meaning behind them and large southern cross stickers on a 20-something year old males rear window.

A kind way of putting it, the kind way I put it is "people I should avoid", we have a odd southern cross epidemic going on lately. Just ask a tattoo artist :crazy:

Trans Tasman Racing is good 👍

Love the press release, was a little bummed though that none of the reporters there that night wanted to ask me anything about Lion's Den Performance.:lol:

We race every Friday night, anyone is welcome to join but we don't follow a time schedule so being in our chat room is essential.👍

Yeah thats great, but according to PAPA's videos, you all have new PSN tags for this group so we can't see when you're racing....indeed, GTP_PAPAOSA hasn't been online for 27 or so days.

I have no problem if you want to be left alone, but "anybody can join in" doesn't sound likely if you all change the PSN tags to something else and don't make it a) clear and b) add all your old friends.

I'll be online tonight maybe, you guys can add me if you want to race.

Well we made tags to look good in PAPA's vids and also because our last friends list were massive and you get constant messages etc. We made the decision that we'd add everyone in TTR and then a few other aussie/nz drivers who we know are clean. But on the homepage i'll update it with the new usernames so you know who we are. But we will need to make a new tag to TTR_. So when we do that i'll update the 1st post.

To whom it may concern.:sly:

Can someone please check my SCR_PAPA-66, last sign in date? As I'm sure I havn't been on-line on either this or my GTP_PAPAOSA for sometime, because and unfortunatlly I still have no access to to my PS3, so it could be easily another 27-8-9 + days before you will see me on-line on PSN, ANYWHERE!.👎

Sorry guys!:ouch:

Last edited:
TTR.jpg

Trans Tasman Racing Welcomes 80Y 2C2!
Trans Tasman Racing has been in discussions about hiring 80Y 2C2 for a while now. Eventually, the rumour that has been within the team for quite some time now was confirmed on the 23rd of October at 7:11pm. 80Y 2C2 has done a fair bit of racing with us in the past in our friday night race meets and definetely raced cleanly in all of those nights. Not only that, but he has been a friend to quite a few of the existing Trans Tasman Racing drivers. We feel he is definetely a great addition to Trans Tasman Racing.

80Y 2C2 was excited about the offer received, "Ahhh thankyou so much! I look forward to good, close, clean racing with all of you in TTR :D." said 80Y 2C2.

Team Founder "Mad94d" believes that this is yet another positive step for Trans Tasman Racing, "I think that bringing 80Y 2C2 into the team will be a good thing, he has plenty of experience with driving quickly and cleanly. Not only that, but we know that he will benefit the team with his experience with car control using a pad, I believe that TIZZLAA is using a pad at the moment as well, so hopefully they can learn a bit from each other. Also, 80Y 2C2 is a pretty talented drifter. So now we have a driver fairly strong in that discipline as well."

Welcome to TRANS TASMAN RACING 80Y 2C2!

Mad94d

Post 1 will be updated ASAP.

Welcome Nibbers, you come in just as I find out I can race no longer until I solve an issue that I have no clue how to solve.

BTW Mad, Mike is a very talented drifter too, and he's been in for a while.;)

Back