Triple monitor stands

• Thread starter VINCE__
  • 69 comments

VINCE__

Redneck Extraordinaire
Premium
United States
Tennessee
It would seem the Fast Track Sim's stand is the best/only option. Any other ideas?

Depends on how big your screens are, what quality you want, do you want them to turn/twist etc.

27" and up. The best quality of course. Back again to Mark@Fast Track Sims. Damn $300+. Reckon that isn't so much considering they'll be holding $1000 and up worth of monitors. I have heard from folks that the SimSeat version has a tendency to sag with 27" or higher.

Versaro have an awesome looking one for big-screens or projection. :)
Good inspiration if making your own.

Also consider using in some form, heavy quality Plasma/LCD brackets as these are really cheap these days.
Basically you could build something very substantial with a little d.i.y and creativity or spend several hundred $/£ on a good one like the fast-track.

The VFX looks to be amongst the best in PC type but again not cheap and I think it only supports upto 24".

Last edited:
Yeah you could try building your own.

Give mark an email he's really nice. Also he scales them to an size you want and also we've been talking about a five monitor stand. Basically if you can draw it, he'll try and make it.

Fast Track Sims monitor stand is awesemo. Get that. I have one it rocks.

I'll second Mayaman. I also have a FTS triple monitor mount and it is fantastic. If you are going large screen FTS is the way to go. Your stands will be constructed specifically for your monitors (not just a generic stand). You will have to take measurements and send monitor info to Mark to have the stand built to your specifications for your monitors. Very sturdy, very stable and completely adjustable. The articulating arms allow you to set your monitors at just the right angle.

A few pics

DSC_3013a.jpg

DSC_3014a.jpg

The following is not recommended since the stand is constructed to have the monitors face forward but I just wanted to show the flexibility of the articulating arms. It would be possible to turn both the side monitors to face 180 degrees out from the center monitor.

DSC_3018a.jpg

DSC_3019a.jpg

Yes, I will order the FRS mount. I've been talking to Mark about building my own stand to mount the monitor mount to. He gave me some great ideas. I was going to get the monitors from Best Buy but they will only let me order 2. WTF? I need 3 and hate to not be able to just pick them up at my local.

I have some very good DIY plans, actually they are from the Zolder rig and they are very well designed. You can make them to hold any size you want. PM me if you are interested.

I might purchase a cheap welder and make one to hold my triple 55". I always wanted a welder in my shop, I've seen them at Crappy Tire for $300.00 and if I'm lucky they might go on sale this Spring.

I have some very good DIY plans, actually they are from the Zolder rig and they are very well designed. You can make them to hold any size you want. PM me if you are interested.

I might purchase a cheap welder and make one to hold my triple 55". I always wanted a welder in my shop, I've seen them at Crappy Tire for $300.00 and if I'm lucky they might go on sale this Spring.

I think Welders and SimRacing go hand in hand - I'm very very lucky my Dad is a welder, saved me so much with custom fabricating. To get the FTS stand was going to cost near $800 delivered to AUS. I ended up buying the Pagnian Wheel Stand Triple monitor mount and dad made the stand, widened it to suit 27" inch screens.. plus the shifter mounts etc...

p.s. I'm hooked on iRacing now!!!

I Agree ready, having a welder is a must. When we built my rig it took over a month. That's because my buddy's brother was the welder but after he put in 10-14 hours welding at his regular job, the last thing he wanted was to put in another 4-6 hours on my rig. So we had to pick our spots when we could work on it.

All 3 of us put in a lot of hours on my rig and it shows in the craftsmanship on my rig. I've seen other rigs that were purchased and my rig puts them to shame. I have a very well equipped wood shop and I ran 220v for my table saw. So I will have no problem with running a welder out there.

So with your Dad as a welder you know you are going to get quality work and as you say, no shop should be without a welder.

These are most of the images I have, although I have a few more I need to search for. I have in excess of 90,000 images on my 8 PC's and I am highly unorganized.

Look at the 5th image, this is key to Zalem's success as a sturdy rig and triple monitor stand. Note how the nut is welded on a outside edge. This gives clamping power on 2 sides unlike rigs that have the nuts welded on a flat face. I have good quality knobs that I purchased and they make a a big difference to the cheap ones or just using a plain bolt, both in function and aesthetics.

On the 4th image you will note they use articulated arms which will up the cost of the build. I have my rig and monitor set up where I think I can cut and weld the outside arms to about a 70°-75° which will eliminate the need for articulated arms. Of course this will result in no fine tuning.

Basically there are two different size square tubing, 1 1/2" for the outside sliders and 1" for the main structure. If you are inclined to go out and purchase the articulating arms I would suggest to purchase top quality arms and avoid the cheap ones at all cost. Of course that will be dependent on the size of your monitors or HDTV's, I believe my 55" Sony's are about 95lbs. If you are using a 24" monitor you probably can get away with cheaper arms.

The last photo is a blueprint supplied by the good folks at Zalem in which I converted from Spanish to English. Again it uses the corner welded nuts that allow for superior holding strength which is the key structural component. Finally for the finish I would recommend powder coating the rig and monitor stand. Paint chips and peels very easily, while powder coating will last a life time and it is very durable.

01)
001_triple.jpg

02)
002_triple.jpg

03)
003_triple.jpg

04)
004_triple.jpg

05)
005_triple.jpg

06)
006_triple.jpg

07)
007_triple.jpg

08)
008_triple.jpg

09)
009_triple.jpg

10)
010_triple.jpg

11)
blueprint.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Left, those look like a complete ripoff of the GT Omega triple monitor stand which is the one I have... Even the monitor mounting brackets are the same!

7042157593_ba9e731f04_b.jpg

6906026736_0df9b3454e_b.jpg

Wow Left, those look like a complete ripoff of the GT Omega triple monitor stand which is the one I have... Even the monitor mounting brackets are the same!

Coxis, I think you have that backwards, those ones you have look like cheap imitations, the Zalem's have been around for many years now.

Coxis, I think you have that backwards, those ones you have look like cheap imitations, the Zalem's have been around for many years now.

Really? Did not know that!

Well the design works, that's for sure. :dopey:

Pulled the trigger on some 27" inch Asus monitors and a FTS mount. Now I need to get busy building a stand. Yee Haw!

Way to go Vince, I think you'll be very happy with 27" over the 24" that a lot of guys use. Is this your first go with Triples Vince?

Yes Darren. First time around with triples. I hope my Sapphire HD 6770 can do the trick.

I'm a nVidia guy, I run 2 GTX 670's in SLI mode. Man you're going to love triples. Easily the best upgrade you can do.

I'm a nVidia guy, I run 2 GTX 670's in SLI mode. Man you're going to love triples. Easily the best upgrade you can do.

Yeah, I hope everything goes well. Praying for plug-n-play with little to no issues. I have been wondering if I should go ahead and get a 7900 series card. Nervous about my 6770.

Edit: Just bought one of these, I think it will do the trick if needed.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008PQAE98/?tag=gtplanet-20

Last edited:
Got my monitors yesterday via FedEx, Yah Hoo! But they only sent 2, boo! Come on Overstock, don't let daddy down. Don't make me choke somebody's eyeballs out!

Back