Triple monitor stands

• Thread starter VINCE__
  • 69 comments
I didn't buy any triple screen stand! I have built it my my self with only 30euro!

8026415621_a5606695d4_z.jpg

Got my monitors yesterday via FedEx, Yah Hoo! But they only sent 2, boo! Come on Overstock, don't let daddy down. Don't make me choke somebody's eyeballs out!

I think I would pop someone's eyeballs out too. Is it possible they ran out of stock or had a 2 order limit?

It is possible they ran out of stock. Since the site shows not available at this time. But, they did charge me for 3 and warranties as well. CS said they would make it right. Either by credit or finding my 3rd one wherever it may be. I should get my CM Storm Trooper, Sapphire 7970 Vapor 3GB and Corsair TX 850 this week. I hope I can do the swap out without screwing anything up!
Bets? Any takers? Wish me luck guys. Thanks, Vince

You'll have no problems Vince, just take your time. If you are unsure at all, snap a few photos of your PC's inner's for reference shots. I have the same power supply as you're getting. That Sapphire 7970 will be sweet.

Just wait until you get your triples, it's a whole new world once you get them fired up.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but if your monitors don't have a display port/minidisplay port input, you will need an active display port/minidisplay port to dvi adaptor to connect one of your monitors.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but if your monitors don't have a display port/minidisplay port input, you will need an active display port/minidisplay port to dvi adaptor to connect one of your monitors.

Yeah thanks. Thats why I choose these monitorshttp://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/VE278Q/ , they have HDMI, DVI-D and Full Display ports. Got all my cables ordered too. Just have to wait on my monitor mount and finish up my stand. Oh and wait on my third monitor and pc parts to arrive. It's going to take forever it seems like.
Really don't even have the urge to race with knowing what is to come.

You can do like me! I have bought the HD7950 Flex edition and you don't need any active display port !
It is a great and powefull video card! I'm running 3 fullhd monitors with rF2 without any problem! I get 50-70fps and with AC 60-75fps:tup:

http://www.kitguru.net/components/g...apphire-hd7950-dual-x-flex-edition-review-oc/
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008809VLS/?tag=gtplanet-20

You can do like me! I have bought the HD7950 Flex edition and you don't need any active display port !
It is a great and powefull video card! I'm running 3 fullhd monitors with rF2 without any problem! I get 50-70fps and with AC 60-75fps:tup:

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/zardon/sapphire-hd7950-dual-x-flex-edition-review-oc/
http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-DL-DVI-I-SL-DVI-D-PCI-Express-11196-07-40G/dp/B008809VLS

Yes I read the reviews on the Flex editions and wasn't very impressed. Decided DP monitors and the Vapor X was the best route to go. IMO.

Well Vince? Do you have the triples running yet?

I have everything except the mount from FTS and still waiting on my CM Storm Trooper case. I have finished my mount stand, primed and painted. Just waiting now.
Primed pic
1627A1F8-32CD-4D03-ADD3-AF9403AB44AB-8073-000010C5A152B427.jpg

With paint and trial fit.
A6B86E35-89BE-4948-A8FF-69CFDA25FDCC-8285-000010F0BAD81C0B.jpg

Last edited:
Update: got all my crap together so I've got to get busy. Rearranging the den and rewiring everything is going to take some time. Getting home at 6;30 am tinkering and in the bed by 9. Mark at FTS did a great job on my mount by the way. It won't be long and I will be seeing triples. And my 55 Panny can be used as an entertainment TV. The den looks much nicer now. I'm going to have my own little man corner in the den now. Ya Hoo! Whose happy for me?

Bit by bit, it's coming along slowly but surely. Won't be long now. Managing wires is the worst part IMO.

I agree!
I'd about 70 metres of speaker cable, 35/40m HDMI, then x6 console sockets, 5 amplifier and then wheels and pedals Lol
Once you've organised it you will be glad down the line. It makes life easier if you label stuff to.

Now with the 7970 card and triple monitors I can run iRacing all on high 16x 8x and shadows. Sits at 96 fps capped. Can't imagine the past with single tv viewing. Very pleased I "pulled the trigger"

Last edited:
congratulations Vince, that looks very nice. when I change to triples recently. I didn't stop racing, I couldn't stop tbh , triple 27 must be awesome.

Way to go Vince, welcome to the club.

congratulations Vince, that looks very nice. when I change to triples recently. I didn't stop racing, I couldn't stop tbh , triple 27 must be awesome.

I would think that as well. Someday I will downsize from my triple 55" :)

Just ordered my Tripple Stand from fast Track Sim - Mark has been awesome in his response and information.... Looking forward to the new product

Just ordered my Tripple Stand from fast Track Sim - Mark has been awesome in his response and information.... Looking forward to the new product

You will be very pleased that you ordered the FTS mount.

You will be very pleased that you ordered the FTS mount.

I recently designed a standalone triple mount using 80/20 for one of our fellow GTP members.

During the course of doing that we came to the conclusion that it would be much cheaper to just get a retail off-the-shelf or even custom-made instead. So the project was scrapped.

I am sure there are some here that may disagree, but to do it right and make it standalone & stable will cost more.

I don't believe you can beat FTS's pricing unless you have the resources to cut and weld yourself.

Last edited:
I have been wondering how high my center monitor should set over my T500. Is there a standard or is it user preference? It is not literally over the wheel housing but a few inches behind it. Sitting about 2 inches higher than the wheel housing. Should it be higher? Just a thought.

I have been wondering how high my center monitor should set over my T500. Is there a standard or is it user preference? It is not literally over the wheel housing but a few inches behind it. Sitting about 2 inches higher than the wheel housing. Should it be higher? Just a thought.

Personal preference - try a couple of different heights and find the one you like the best.

In iracing you center monitor should have your eyes about 60% toward the top of the center screen. If not the side monitors will start to bend. I don't know if this applies to all games or not

So it needs to be a little lower if I'm looking at the middle of the monitor eyes straight?

Back