"Truck Driver" Is The First Trucking Simulator For PS4 & Xbox One

HEYO!!! Yess I just got a tmx thrustmaster, I am hype to truck!, I hope from the ui they showed in the pictures, gets upgraded to look better, and I hope name brand trucks are filling this game.

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Kyle Patrick (@SlipZtrEm) on May 29th, 2019 in the Gaming category.

I know nothing about game development but didn't PD say that the car models in GT Sport are modeled to the point that it's possible to render them in 8K. Future proof, so to speak?

Why would the team of developers working on cars have to switch their focus to the next GT title? Wasnt the point of making them future proof supposed to allow PD to give them to us in this game as well as have them ready for the next title in the series?

I keep seeing speculation that they've moved on, so to speak. It doesn't make any sense to say that.

Comments?

All I know is since Gran Turismo 1 esp. Kaz said a lot of stuff and some of it never made any sense.

Remember the stuff about manufactors don‘t want any damage?

Well just a week later after his statement, a Ford GT made a backflip in Forza 3 trailer ;)

I have huge respect for Polyphony but they can‘t tell us any stuff any more and expect us to beloeve that.

All cars have been fully remodeled, confirmed by Polyphony.

They can confirm what they want.
They also said car manufactors don‘t want damage and this is simply not true.

Looks at some of the new cars.
I don‘t see much difference to gt6 premium models.

Don‘t be too naive ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Graphically I'm ok with it. I wasn't expecting something outstanding and having played ETS and ATS on the lowest settings just so it would run on my PC I'm already kind of used to it.

The map however might just be a killer for me. It looked really small, almost like you'd know the map after a few hours of playing and it would just get old really quickly.

At least with a game like Bus Simulator you're making multiple stops on the short routes. As a point to point I'm not sold on it.

Maybe if it's on offer one day I'd pay £20 for it in this condition but I don't think without a lot more development I'd be happy to pay for a full priced version.

I have doubts about the map as well. I don't know why they thought a small city with some country roads would do it. Hoping there are some challenging and narrow dirt roads though.

I don't know which country the developers are coming from, but they should have made a 1:15, heck, even a 1:10 map of, say, Netherlands, Belgium, or Austria. I'm thinking about these countries because those trucks shown in the game are also common there and let's not forget that, for example, Austria has quite nice mountains, that would surely make up some nice scenery.

I'm not a developer though and I actually have no idea how much time the research would take and building the map would delay the game for about >2 years.

this game is on preorder now in north america psn store. i think i will buy it when it is released .

10-4rubber duck

Its made with the Unity game engine.
Better expect....nothing... :D

Huge map! :lol: 2x2km?
State of the art sound, gfx and physics! :lol:
Wasted space on the harddisk, like every game that is made with Unity game construction kit:)
gfghfgf.JPG

I must admit to not being particularly impressed with the look from the video. I think it may prove to be a purchase when the game goes on special (probably won’t be long after release).

I am currently getting my trucking from Farming Simulator 19 (on console) albeit in a support role. A couple of Euro trucks (MAN and Tatra) with an old style Scania mod truck not named as such and some generic American style trucks (the joys of licensing). With the available trailers it is possible to even make up Road Trains.

Back