Trueforce Feedback after update 1.49

• Thread starter MontiZi
  • 252 comments
If you're now finding it too heavy then simply reduce the Max Torque setting. Many of you had it set to 10 previously because the torque was capped by the game. As of today's update you've now got another ~4Nm so it's definitely going to be much stronger!

@t351chunder you need to increase the in-game Vibration setting as Polyphony have rebalanced the output for Trueforce (and that setting affects Trueforce Audio output, not just the DualSense controller).
With the G29, I found it too light now. I only ever ran it at 4 so far from "max torque" but it was good at that. With the new physics, there's very little wheel weight at all at 4...

With the G29, I found it too light now. I only ever ran it at 4 so far from "max torque" but it was good at that. With the new physics, there's very little wheel weight at all at 4...
I have G29 and I was running 4 & 10 on the FFB settings and these were perfect. Now I’ve had to up it to 7 & 10 and in corners it’s not too bad but some corners I lose FFB.
I don’t knew why, but it just feels like if you don’t have a DD wheel for the FFB and a brake that you can trail brake with, your going to struggle on these new physics.

I have G29 and I was running 4 & 10 on the FFB settings and these were perfect. Now I’ve had to up it to 7 & 10 and in corners it’s not too bad but some corners I lose FFB.
I don’t knew why, but it just feels like if you don’t have a DD wheel for the FFB and a brake that you can trail brake with, your going to struggle on these new physics.
FWIW - Digit is not happy with the FFB for race cars. He likes the road car feeling, but not Gr3 at least. He runs Fanatech

Edit: He just updated his Fanatech firmware (beta driver) and he likes it for race cars now. All happening live lol
Tried that suggestion from @LOGI_Rich and it seems to be a tinny little bit better, but still no where near before the patch.
Where did you have the TF set at before? I only had mine at 35-40. Hoping this Band Aid fix can get it back there.

Last edited:
For G923, a quick check suggests 10 & 5 feels good - 10 on the sensitivity made the wheel weight/centering too snappy for me. For the G29 10 & 10.

@Evilmuffin pre-patch it was possible to turn Trueforce Audio up too much, to the point where it was not a good experience. Now at 150 Vibration, I'd say it's similar to the old 60-80 mark and, honestly, that's kind of where it should be. We never intended Trueforce to be a "shouty" experience.

Fanatec CSW 2.5 here, after today's update FFB has been totally turned down. Had to try and turn everything up in the settings to get some of that FFB back but its definitely not as detailed before. Cars all feel super light.
So basically, from Digit's stream, he had same issues until he installed beta firmware for dd extreme.
Idk what it means for us CSW 2.5 users, but it might be that we're basically fooked

FWIW - Digit is not happy with the FFB for race cars. He likes the road car feeling, but not Gr3 at least. He runs Fanatech

Edit: He just updated his Fanatech firmware (beta driver) and he likes it for race cars now. All happening live lol

Where did you have the TF set at before? I only had mine at 35-40. Hoping this Band Aid fix can get it back there.
Option/setting/controller/vibration (or something like that, you get there from the GT icon at the top left of the screen).

Last edited:
I only had mine at 35-40. Hoping this Band Aid fix can get it back there.
Now at 150 Vibration, I'd say it's similar to the old 60-80 mark and, honestly, that's kind of where it should be. We never intended Trueforce to be a "shouty" experience.
So there is hope!

Option/setting/controller/vibration (or something like that, you get there from the GT icon at the top left of the screen).
I meant on the wheel itself. Sorry if the question wasn't clear. But what number did you have the TF on the wheel interface set to before?

So there is hope!

I meant on the wheel itself. Sorry if the question wasn't clear. But what number did you have the TF on the wheel interface set to before?
I think I left it in default. I think there is a setting in G Hub 🤔

Just a reminder that you should ignore the Strength and TF Audio settings on the wheel for GT7. This is because GT7 sets things on startup based on the in-game settings, so adjusting things on the wheel will just set a value within the range set by the in-game settings. In other words, it doesn't matter what you have set on the wheel if you don't touch the wheel settings, because GT7 is overriding them at startup.

Just a reminder that you should ignore the Strength and TF Audio settings on the wheel for GT7. This is because GT7 sets things on startup based on the in-game settings, so adjusting things on the wheel will just set a value within the range set by the in-game settings. In other words, it doesn't matter what you have set on the wheel if you don't touch the wheel settings, because GT7 is overriding them at startup.
This makes 100% sense now. Every time I launch the game, my TF was super strong (felt like it was maxed out at 100 on the wheel base readout). I'd go into the profile (on the wheelbase), and change the TF (which read 40 for example) to either 39 or 41 and it would go back to how I wanted it. I never knew GT was driving this information from within itself, I'd just assumed it was a glitch and the workaround was easy enough so I never thought twice about it.

Good to know!

So basically, from Digit's stream, he had same issues until he installed beta firmware for dd extreme.
Idk what it means for us CSW 2.5 users, but it might be that we're basically fooked
Yeah sounds like we're stuffed, since there is no firmware update for us (that I know of).

If you're now finding it too heavy then simply reduce the Max Torque setting. Many of you had it set to 10 previously because the torque was capped by the game. As of today's update you've now got another ~4Nm so it's definitely going to be much stronger!

@t351chunder you need to increase the in-game Vibration setting as Polyphony have rebalanced the output for Trueforce (and that setting affects Trueforce Audio output, not just the DualSense controller).
Thanks for the heads up Rich... I have increased it to 150, didn't really make any difference. Its certainly not got the same fidelity/crispness before the update. I'll keep playing with settings though, it's getting better.

Good Afternoon! After a update my steering wheel Logitech G Pro feels dead. Trueforce feedback is gone. Of course, I tried to restart, change the tff sensitivity etc, but nothing changes...

Im having same issue, logitech pro dd wheel has gone flat🙁 no sense of tru force at all.

Well this ain't good. I have a Logi Pro as well. Won't be able to try it until later but I am seeing a lot of people saying the FFB is odd.
I have the Logi Pro DD as well and it is horrible, flat , no sense of the road feel, this is not good and hope they will fix this soon as it seems there is no Trueforce technology anymore. Cant stand when we go backwards with updates.

Ok guys very quick update; I’ve been playing with the settings and got to this now;

Controller vibration setting 100 (150 just buzzy for me)

FFB Max Torque 5
FFB Sensitivity 5

Notched down the FFB filter a tiny bit on the wheel too

Feels much better now, still weird and inconsistent in places but I’ve got good feedback through the wheel; most of my problems seem to be physics problems mainly: weight transfer tiny bit better, more stable under braking but things like the Lancia Stratos still undrivable. Cars ride kerbs better, tried Gr4 spicy race at Brands Hatch and they are a little less likely to spin out. Grass physics still too twitchy, slight touch of grass still seems to result in mad spin. Mid engine cars feel better, would quite like to try Audi R8 gr3 as that’s always been a bit odd physics wise

Did you increase the Vibration setting in GT7 up to 150?
Yes increased to 150 and still have a flat feeling of the road. I used to get a a good feel of the gear shift when shifting, now nothing, kerb feel is missing and seriously high speed wobble of the wheel at 150 settings if I don't hold it tight. Tried Logi Hub for updates etc. nothing. Really sad because this was soooo good and had such a great feel up until this morning. Honestly hope they get this corrected as I dont want to even want to play this Anymore after countless hours im feeling a bit lost and bummed to say the least..

Yes increased to 150 and still have a flat feeling of the road. I used to get a a good feel of the gear shift when shifting, now nothing, kerb feel is missing and seriously high speed wobble of the wheel at 150 settings if I don't hold it tight. Tried Logi Hub for updates etc. nothing. Really sad because this was soooo good and had such a great feel up until this morning. Honestly hope they get this corrected as I dont want to even want to play this Anymore after countless hours im feeling a bit lost and bummed to say the least..
Here are my settings for the my Logitech Pro DD before ghe 1.49 update and for me it was next to perfect:

Strength- 11 nm
TF Audio - 100
FFB Fltr - 8
Dampner - 15
Angle -1080
Brk frce - 30

If anyone has any suggestions on getting this feel back after this update please share.

Good Afternoon! After a update my steering wheel Logitech G Pro feels dead. Trueforce feedback is gone. Of course, I tried to restart, change the tff sensitivity etc, but nothing changes...
Same here, these were my settings before the update and it was great, felt the road, kerbs and tire scrub , had to love truefoce for this but now as you say my Logi Pro DD feels dead and after several adjustments I cannot get the feel back☹️ at all.
I saw a post that turning up vibration to 150 was helping but not here and what a wheel wobble it created.

Here are my settings for my Logitech Pro DD before the 1.49 update and for me it was next to perfect:

Strength- 11 nm
TF Audio - 100
FFB Fltr - 8
Dampner - 15
Angle -1080
Brk frce - 30

If anyone has any suggestions on getting this feel back after this update please share.

And you wonder why I don't buy a wheel, after every update FFB and wheels are getting worse in GT7 😣

Same here, these were my settings before the update and it was great, felt the road, kerbs and tire scrub , had to love truefoce for this but now as you say my Logi Pro DD feels dead and after several adjustments I cannot get the feel back☹️ at all.
I saw a post that turning up vibration to 150 was helping but not here and what a wheel wobble it created.

Here are my settings for my Logitech Pro DD before the 1.49 update and for me it was next to perfect:

Strength- 11 nm
TF Audio - 100
FFB Fltr - 8
Dampner - 15
Angle -1080
Brk frce - 30

I have the same settings and experience. Any chance you can let the Polyphony developers know @LOGI_Rich?

I've tried lots of combinations, nothing really feels like it did. This is awful to use now, it's ruined the game for me to be honest with you. I'm sure it will be fixed, but this is nowhere near as good as it was.

Let's separate the issues.

1. Wheel wobble - it has nothing to do with the Vibration setting. This is happening because you now have the full torque output of the wheel, so you're now getting 11Nm. Previously you had approximately 7Nm, so you need to reduce the Max Torque setting in-game in order to get back to where you were.
2. Trueforce output is lower than previous. Yes, it is and we'll pass on your feedback to Polyphony.

I've tried lots of combinations, nothing really feels like it did. This is awful to use now, it's ruined the game for me to be honest with you. I'm sure it will be fixed, but this is nowhere near as good as it was.
I agree, it’s not the same immersive feeling anymore….

1. Wheel wobble - it has nothing to do with the Vibration setting. This is happening because you now have the full torque output of the wheel, so you're now getting 11Nm. Previously you had approximately 7Nm, so you need to reduce the Max Torque setting in-game in order to get back to where you were.
2. Trueforce output is lower than previous. Yes, it is and we'll pass on your feedback to Polyphony.
Thanks @LOGI_Rich for the reply. If they can just get the trueforce output back to where it was before that would be great! I’m sure most of the users here will agree…

Understood
Thank you

Thanks @LOGI_Rich for the reply. If they can just get the trueforce output back to where it was before that would be great! I’m sure most of the users here will agree…
Agreed!!

This is the closest I've got to something that is OK to drive.

Wheelbase:
TF TRQ - 7.0
TF AUDIO - 76
TF FILTER 1
FFB TRQ - 5.7
FFB FILT - 1
DAMPENER OFF

Controller settings in game:
Max Torque - 5
Sensitivty - 10

Options - Vibration settings
Set to 145

Shared it in case it helps 🤷‍♂️

Ah - original launch firmware. Couple of notes:

FFB TRQ - 5.7
FFB FILT - 1
These don't do anything in GT7 because it's a Trueforce title and these settings are for non-Trueforce titles.

TF TRQ - 7.0
TF AUDIO - 76
As I've mentioned before, these don't do anything unless you change them after GT7 has started and even then they only act within the level set by the relevant in-game setting (Max Torque for the TF TRQ and Vibration for the TF Audio).

I would highly recommend updating the firmware of the wheel if you can by connecting it to a PC or Mac running the latest version of G HUB. You're going to want to do that anyway if we add anything new to the ecosystem.

Ah - original launch firmware. Couple of notes:

These don't do anything in GT7 because it's a Trueforce title and these settings are for non-Trueforce titles.

As I've mentioned before, these don't do anything unless you change them after GT7 has started and even then they only act within the level set by the relevant in-game setting (Max Torque for the TF TRQ and Vibration for the TF Audio).

I would highly recommend updating the firmware of the wheel if you can by connecting it to a PC or Mac running the latest version of G HUB. You're going to want to do that anyway if we add anything new to the ecosystem.
OK thanks, good to know... I'll update it now.

Good plan. You'll note that the FFB TRQ and TF TRQ settings are now combined into one Strength setting and the two Filter settings get combined into one as well.

I’ll give it time yet but some stuff is bothering me.

Current settings after update.
Wheel
Strength- 11 nm
TF Audio - 100
FFB Fltr - 3
Dampner - 10

GT7
Torque 7
Sensitivity 6
Vibration 150

This is not how I had it set before. I had minimal oscillation before, only some race cars with race tires, with torque and sensitivity at 10 and hardly any filter or dampener.

Using my previous settings even cars at 500pp comfort soft that were light in steering oscillated down a straight.

I cranked filter and dampener up completely full… got rid of oscillation but just felt like the wheel had constant tension, hooked to bungee cords annd that’s after I had already dropped in game torque. Still oscillation. No fix! I finally found sensitivity has to be at 5 or less. Tried dampener all over, not great results for feel.

Unfortunately I feel like I’ve loss detail. It could also be the physics update but some cars like an e type jaguar tune I had, I can’t tell when it’s gonna go. Yet my trans am tunes are easier to drive, but they don’t feel as detailed in the wheel anymore.

So if you’re getting oscillation, turn your sensitivity down, I had mine at 10 before. You literally can’t put it any higher than 5. I’ve got it at 6 to try and retain some of the feel I had before. My wheel was very active and alive. Now it feels muted but stronger…. if I want it to be stronger. With in game torque at 7 it’s roughly the same weight, with less feel. If I turn sensitivity up to 10 it’s closer but the oscillation is just too much. Argh!

I don’t understand why they couldn’t just unleash the torque and leave it at that? It feels like somebody came into your house and reorganized your kitchen cupboards, moving everything to a different place.

Last edited:
Back