Trueforce Feedback after update 1.49

• Thread starter MontiZi
  • 252 comments
I’ll give it time yet but some stuff is bothering me.

Current settings after update.
Wheel
Strength- 11 nm
TF Audio - 100
FFB Fltr - 3
Dampner - 10

GT7
Torque 7
Sensitivity 6
Vibration 150

This is not how I had it set before. I had minimal oscillation before, only some race cars with race tires, with torque and sensitivity at 10 and hardly any filter or dampener.

Using my previous settings even cars at 500pp comfort soft that were light in steering oscillated down a straight.

I cranked filter and dampener up completely full… got rid of oscillation but just felt like the wheel had constant tension, hooked to bungee cords annd that’s after I had already dropped in game torque. Still oscillation. No fix! I finally found sensitivity has to be at 5 or less. Tried dampener all over, not great results for feel.

Unfortunately I feel like I’ve loss detail. It could also be the physics update but some cars like an e type jaguar tune I had, I can’t tell when it’s gonna go. Yet my trans am tunes are easier to drive, but they don’t feel as detailed in the wheel anymore.

So if you’re getting oscillation, turn your sensitivity down, I had mine at 10 before. You literally can’t put it any higher than 5. I’ve got it at 6 to try and retain some of the feel I had before. My wheel was very active and alive. Now it feels muted but stronger…. if I want it to be stronger. With in game torque at 7 it’s roughly the same weight, with less feel. If I turn sensitivity up to 10 it’s closer but the oscillation is just too much. Argh!

I don’t understand why they couldn’t just unleash the torque and leave it at that? It feels like somebody came into your house and reorganized your kitchen cupboards, moving everything to a different place.
Good summary! I have the same experience, the wheel feels stronger but less detailed and less feel in the Trueforce..

Good summary! I have the same experience, the wheel feels stronger but less detailed and less feel in the Trueforce..
To me it feels like running a high dampener setting. I’d love to be able to have my old settings back and try the new physics with that first because now I can’t tell what the culprit is regarding the muted wheel feel.

I'm not much a fan of tweaking settings cuz I can never tell if I like A better than B better than C better than A. Before, I had the vibration at 100 and the TF on the wheel at ~40. Now I have the vibration at 150 and the TF ~90 and it seems close. For what that's worth to anyone.

I'm not much a fan of tweaking settings cuz I can never tell if I like A better than B better than C better than A. Before, I had the vibration at 100 and the TF on the wheel at ~40. Now I have the vibration at 150 and the TF ~90 and it seems close. For what that's worth to anyone.
So even close to what we had before is going backwards. If its not broken dont fix it.

Some initial thoughts after a run through with @hawkeyez settings:

- yeah the "feeling" and detail is way down. Limp feeling. Feels like trying to hear music underwater or something. Some bumps feel fine (like at the end of RA) but others don't. It's odd.

- the cars through wider turns do feel better. I can feel the engagement with the cars better now than before. First sweeping right hander at RA as an example.

- opposite for hairpins. The cars feel like a container ship trying to avoid a bridge in Baltimore.

- cars feel and are slower. I don't care if they are slower but they just feel slower overall. Less dynamic.

Guess we wait. I don't think there are any settings adjustments to fix it. Kinda what it is. Just not sure how they released it like this.

Good Afternoon! After a update my steering wheel Logitech G Pro feels dead. Trueforce feedback is gone. Of course, I tried to restart, change the tff sensitivity etc, but nothing changes...
exact same issue for me. also ffb torque is peaking at 11Nm instead of where the game limited it.
This happened to me a couple times in the past when i turned the wheel on before my ps5. simply restarting solved the problem back then but its not now.
its like the wheel is in a generic mode. NO true force at all and ffb peaking to 11Nm.
My understanding from patch notes is ONLY vibration strength was changed NOT wheel strength!
The wheel works like its supposed to with AC.
I tried to update firmware on Ghub but for some reason my wheel wont communicate with Ghub anymore. even after reinstalling.
I feel like Polyphany F'd something up with this wheel patch.

150 may be a touch much but you'll find a bunch of people saying it's not enough as well. As ever, set it to what feels right for you.

But I'll almost say (as I always have, you may note) that FFB Sensitivity should be set to 1 😀
Evening everyone,

My biggest worry was the Wheel settings changing completely after the update. Good and bad for me. I also run my setup with the Logitech PlaySeat Trophy. Tested with the Porsche 911 RSR GR.3.

Good: You can be so much more accurate while cornering with the FB Gains. I used to run the following:

In-game vibration: 100
Force Feedback Max Torque: 7
Force Feedback Sensitivity: 1

Strength
7Nm
TF Audio: 10
FFB Filters: 11
Dampener: 10

These settings felt perfect for me. While I lacked the exact accuracy in game the TrueForce Effect made everything up in terms of immersion and feel. When I logged on with the same settings everything felt numbed down. I'm now lacking the TrueForce Vibrations in the entire cockpit that would vibrate the chassis of the rig. I'm lacking the gear shifts which make me very sad as I really enjoyed those smaller touches.

After a small test tonight I settled on the following under your advice @LOGI_Rich

In-game vibration: 150
Force Feedback Max Torque: 6 (Reduced due to higher FFB Gain now coming through) Excellent improvement.
Force Feedback Sensitivity: 1 (No need to change this as Rich said)

Strength
9Nm (Seems a lovely balance feeling without like a workout)
TF Audio: 100 (Concerning I've had to bump this up to 100 to get the maximum (What feels like a faint 50% TrueForce feel from what I was getting before)
FFB Filters: 5 (Unsure where it feels happy with this tbh. I also noticed there is an Auo Option now? What do we think Rich about running on Auto?)
Dampener: 10 (10 Seems solid where it doesn't interfere too much)

Overall love the new FFB Feeling the wheel feels truly Sim like now with the New 1.49 Update. I can be more accurate.
Absolutely gutted that TrueForce has taken a significant nerf. It's there as Rich said. But to get somewhere near remote feeling as it was you have to max it out which just makes me sad and doesn't provide the exact feedback that I know and loved from this wheel over corners, kerbs, gear shifts and even down straights and feeling one with the car. It just feels a bit lifeless now when on straights in terms of TF/Audio.

More testing Saturday for GTWS but I'm a little bummed to be truthful. Hoping a patch can bring back TrueForce in its glory then the update would be perfectly matched with this wheel?

Looking forward to what settings you recommend Rich 🙏

Some initial thoughts after a run through with @hawkeyez settings:

- yeah the "feeling" and detail is way down. Limp feeling. Feels like trying to hear music underwater or something. Some bumps feel fine (like at the end of RA) but others don't. It's odd.

- the cars through wider turns do feel better. I can feel the engagement with the cars better now than before. First sweeping right hander at RA as an example.

- opposite for hairpins. The cars feel like a container ship trying to avoid a bridge in Baltimore.

- cars feel and are slower. I don't care if they are slower but they just feel slower overall. Less dynamic.

Guess we wait. I don't think there are any settings adjustments to fix it. Kinda what it is. Just not sure how they released it like this.
The container ship trying to avoid a bridge in Baltimore hahahaha. Accurate though. My E Type Jag at 490pp comfort soft, seems ok, until the sharp turns. If it won’t turn, then it’s the opposite and I’m spinning.

I’ll continue tweaking my settings, might knock sensitivty down to 5 again and reduce dampener. Maybe the detail lost is actually trueforce I don’t know. All I know is it’s different.

To PD, when I was younger I use to rearrange my mom’s desktop on her computer. She used to get so mad. I understand why. Maybe try to just relocate one icon at a time next time? lol

EDIT*

Just raced for a few hours tonight. Took the stock Cobra to Historic. While I can still drive the thing perfectly fine. It just doesn’t feel as good as before. The G Pro is soooo light. But if you take a corner just a hair slow, the front tire grabs and suddenly you get a lot of weight. Better off to throw it through the corners. The Daytona Coupe is similar.

Best way I can describe it now is the cars don’t feel like they have any weight to them, but sometimes around a swooper the tires grab… but repeatedly and it’s kind of annoying to go from very light steering to grabbing then not then grabbing then not.

I actually don’t think this is acceptable. I don’t know if it’s the update/changes to the physics or the update/changes to the wheel. Could be a combination of both. Honestly my G Pro feels more like my G923. Except you can get surprised by a collision or hooking a curb and then get a lot of torque. Not as bad with a car that feels heavier to begin with but a car like the cobra just feels WRONG. This isn’t a matter of getting used of it. I’ve put in almost 8 hours today. Every car I hop in something feels different, only a select few are ok. Had a firebird that I really liked at Willow Springs, now it’s more like how I described the Cobra and the firebird is on Sports Medium too!

Honestly it’s frustrating. $1300 wheel is feeling more like their $400 wheel (with pedals). This feels like if I bought a guitar amp modeller and it sounded great, could be a tad better but maybe they’ll update it. Then they force an update on you and suddenly it sounds like a tin can and there’s no going back. Why? Because somebody doesn’t actually know what sounds good.

Last edited:
For the G29 10 & 10.
Are you serious? I may try this just to see how it behaves but, it's been my experience anything over 7 torque makes my 29 knock and shake in seizures and Lake Louise at 5/5 caused it to shut down entirely.

The container ship trying to avoid a bridge in Baltimore hahahaha. Accurate though. My E Type Jag at 490pp comfort soft, seems ok, until the sharp turns. If it won’t turn, then it’s the opposite and I’m spinning.

I’ll continue tweaking my settings, might knock sensitivty down to 5 again and reduce dampener. Maybe the detail lost is actually trueforce I don’t know. All I know is it’s different.

To PD, when I was younger I use to rearrange my mom’s desktop on her computer. She used to get so mad. I understand why. Maybe try to just relocate one icon at a time next time? lol

EDIT*

Just raced for a few hours tonight. Took the stock Cobra to Historic. While I can still drive the thing perfectly fine. It just doesn’t feel as good as before. The G Pro is soooo light. But if you take a corner just a hair slow, the front tire grabs and suddenly you get a lot of weight. Better off to throw it through the corners. The Daytona Coupe is similar.

Best way I can describe it now is the cars don’t feel like they have any weight to them, but sometimes around a swooper the tires grab… but repeatedly and it’s kind of annoying to go from very light steering to grabbing then not then grabbing then not.

I actually don’t think this is acceptable. I don’t know if it’s the update/changes to the physics or the update/changes to the wheel. Could be a combination of both. Honestly my G Pro feels more like my G923. Except you can get surprised by a collision or hooking a curb and then get a lot of torque. Not as bad with a car that feels heavier to begin with but a car like the cobra just feels WRONG. This isn’t a matter of getting used of it. I’ve put in almost 8 hours today. Every car I hop in something feels different, only a select few are ok. Had a firebird that I really liked at Willow Springs, now it’s more like how I described the Cobra and the firebird is on Sports Medium too!

Honestly it’s frustrating. $1300 wheel is feeling more like their $400 wheel (with pedals). This feels like if I bought a guitar amp modeller and it sounded great, could be a tad better but maybe they’ll update it. Then they force an update on you and suddenly it sounds like a tin can and there’s no going back. Why? Because somebody doesn’t actually know what sounds good.
@LOGI_Rich this sums it up. The Trueforce output needs to come back, we’ve all spent a lot of money on this wheel and the only thing that’s sets it apart from other wheels has now been downgraded.

GT7 doesn’t feel as good now and the PD developers need to know this. At least give us the option to select full Trueforce output like before.

Many thanks

Fanatec CSW 2.5 here, after today's update FFB has been totally turned down. Had to try and turn everything up in the settings to get some of that FFB back but its definitely not as detailed before. Cars all feel super light.
OK, what I've found is that if you make the game recognize it as GT DD Pro there is some ffb. Idk how right it is tho. Also drifts cause massive vibrations in this mode.
In order to this, turn the wheelbase on before the ps5, let it do its calibration thing, and only then turn ps5 on.
Before this update doing this caused the in game wheel and irl wheel to be off sync, but now it seems fine. Still working on it.
But I'd love if you tried this as well and get back to me with how you feel about ffb in this mode. Considering how few CSW 2.5 drivehub gt7 players there are out there, we pretty much have to rely on each other.

OK, what I've found is that if you make the game recognize it as GT DD Pro there is some ffb. Idk how right it is tho. Also drifts cause massive vibrations in this mode.
In order to this, turn the wheelbase on before the ps5, let it do its calibration thing, and only then turn ps5 on.
Before this update doing this caused the in game wheel and irl wheel to be off sync, but now it seems fine. Still working on it.
But I'd love if you tried this as well and get back to me with how you feel about ffb in this mode. Considering how few CSW 2.5 drivehub gt7 players there are out there, we pretty much have to rely on each other.
Hey bud, I've always run my CSW in this mode and after the latest update there was still definitely a loss of detail/feedback.

Today did some driving and it seems to be really be effecting certain cars more ie the new Ferrari that came out has very little feedback but the Subi WRC car has some decent FFB. Currently running Torque 5-6 and FFB Sense 7 for ingame settings. Depending on car I find I have to play with Torque and adjust.

How are you finding it?

Hey bud, I've always run my CSW in this mode and after the latest update there was still definitely a loss of detail/feedback.

Today did some driving and it seems to be really be effecting certain cars more ie the new Ferrari that came out has very little feedback but the Subi WRC car has some decent FFB. Currently running Torque 5-6 and FFB Sense 7 for ingame settings. Depending on car I find I have to play with Torque and adjust.

How are you finding it?
I was always on CSL Elite mode, which felt perfect before but now I as I sad it's just super light. Some cars like Super Formula its almost non existent.
In GT DD Pro I find it a lot heavier but I haven't used that before the update to compare. Definitely feels lacking on the detail, which is to be expected given that its not a DD wheel.

Also CSW 2.5 + Drivehub user here.
For me, FFB feels different, but nice with the new update. Had to bump up the in-game FFB max torque by a few clicks tho.

Are you serious? I may try this just to see how it behaves but, it's been my experience anything over 7 torque makes my 29 knock and shake in seizures and Lake Louise at 5/5 caused it to shut down entirely.
that was true before the patch but things have changed for sure. I've settled on 6 for torque, but I had it at 8 and it wasn't crazy at all...just a little more than I want generally. 10 is probably ok now (or at least not nutso). It seems like maybe the game now calibrates the force feedback to the power of the wheel or something...plus the sensitivity setting for me is opposite to previous - 10 instead of 1.

Last edited:
Good Afternoon! After a update my steering wheel Logitech G Pro feels dead. Trueforce feedback is gone. Of course, I tried to restart, change the tff sensitivity etc, but nothing changes...
Same here. I previously played with vibration on strong (150), plus max force of 10 and ffb sensitivity of 1. It is a massive loss of true force. Dirt tracks feel like nothing now. Wheel feeling on the road is lame. I was excited for unlocking the max torque but this is much worse than when I bought the wheel. Super bummed. There doesn't seem to be any combination of settings that give me the powerful wheel feeling back.

What’s weird is I don’t think anybody was asking for much change, just more volume so to speak.

I was setting up my dads wheel last weekend, T300 and thought you know what I might buy him the G Pro I think he’d like that, this T300 is so light until it’s not then it just kind of brrrrs and tightens up or gets heavy. Now… what’s the point. Here’s a wheel that lacks feedback. How much you pay? $1300. What?

Driving that cobra feels like his worn out T300. You can make the G Pro heavier by cranking up the dampener but honestly that just smooths it all out way too much. I don’t want a heavy wheel, I want an active wheel… which I had going on with my old settings. Even with those settings, cranking the dampener it just made everything heavier and uninspiring.

Faster racing cars on racing tires it’s there, still dull imo, but stock cobra, Daytona, most old stuff on comfort soft of medium… even some sports hard and sports medium cars are brutally light. I feel more in my own vehicles steering wheel in real life than I do on the pushing the cobra around Spa.

Going camping, that’ll give me time to cool down and hopefully they fix it, because in my opinion, it ain’t right. I really don’t think stepping away from it for a weekend is going to help though.

Same here. I previously played with vibration on strong (150), plus max force of 10 and ffb sensitivity of 1. It is a massive loss of true force. Dirt tracks feel like nothing now. Wheel feeling on the road is lame. I was excited for unlocking the max torque but this is much worse than when I bought the wheel. Super bummed. There doesn't seem to be any combination of settings that give me the powerful wheel feeling back.
Same here mate

They need to stop limiting hardware. The controls should be fully adjustable either in game or on the wheel. This isn't rocket science. They should have recommendations but shouldn't gate the hardware controls. People will have different preferences but should be allowed to interact with the game as they feel suits them

They need to stop limiting hardware. The controls should be fully adjustable either in game or on the wheel. This isn't rocket science. They should have recommendations but shouldn't gate the hardware controls. People will have different preferences but should be allowed to interact with the game as they feel suits them
Can’t agree more, leave it open and just post recommended settings!

@LOGI_Rich this sums it up. The Trueforce output needs to come back, we’ve all spent a lot of money on this wheel and the only thing that’s sets it apart from other wheels has now been downgraded.

GT7 doesn’t feel as good now and the PD developers need to know this. At least give us the option to select full Trueforce output like before.

Many thanks
PD has been doing this to us Fanatec owners for years now, they don't care and nobody is going to call them out on it.

I agree with you but that would make too much sense.

This is where GT starts to not be a "sim" for me because the experience is too curated. This game/series is still conducting itself like it's on a console for children (which it is to a degree) but Kaz hasn't realized we've grown up. Some of us are in our 40's or older lol.

Last edited:
Exactly! ACC you can tweak all kinds of settings. That could be the saving grace as opposed to them changing it to what they think all of us might like. Let us turn up curb feedback, let us turn up road vibration. Basically give us SimHub like settings in gt7 for our wheel. And if not, then leave it alone and deliver us the 11nm we thought we were getting. Beating a dead horse here, but they said here’s 11nm we’re taking the rest of the feel with us.

PD has been doing this to us Fanatec owners for years now, they don't care and nobody is going to call them out on it.

I agree with you but that would make too much sense.

This is where GT starts to not be a "sim" for me because the experience is too curated. This game/series is still conducting itself like it's on a console for children (which it is to a degree) but Kaz hasn't realized we've grown up. Some of us are in our 40's or older lol.
*Or older, checking in. I started with GT on PS one when I was like 16 or something. Still love the game. This update isn't unplayable to me...but it's a measurable downgrade for the Logitech pro and forced feedback. Considering I (and likely anyone that owns it for PS5) bought the wheel specifically for this game ...that's incredibly annoying.

I hope they'll address it and not have it take months.

*Or older, checking in. I started with GT on PS one when I was like 16 or something. Still love the game. This update isn't unplayable to me...but it's a measurable downgrade for the Logitech pro and forced feedback. Considering I (and likely anyone that owns it for PS5) bought the wheel specifically for this game ...that's incredibly annoying.

I agree with you 💯 . Check my post history, I've been on the same crusade for many months... Saying that it's "incredibly annoying" is putting it entirely too politely. PD has proven itself to be tone deaf, incompetent, negligent and maliciously stubborn in the way they handle peripherals.

I hope that it doesn't take months for Logitech wheels to get fixed but that is the precedent set with the DD Pro and Fanatec wheels at large. Don't expect any sort of communication in the form of acknowledgement of the situation from Kaz/PD.

Well put, I’m only about a second slower right now, that’s the physics change and it’ll take some time to get used of. The problem is the detailed feel of driving is gone for me.

If anybody wants to take the stock AC Cobra around Spa and dial in the wheel so it feel like it’s actually connected to the road and post the settings. Go for it. I got tweaking settings on cars I drive often, well that’s a little bit better, still lacking compared to before but whatever. Hop in another car, what the heck is this? It’s like I have to try and find something that’ll work for each car.

Last edited:
Well put, I’m only about a second slower right now, that’s the physics change and it’ll take some time to get used of. The problem is the detailed feel of driving is gone for me.

If anybody wants to take the stock AC Cobra around Spa and dial in the wheel so it feel like it’s actually connected to the road and post the settings. Go for it. I got tweaking settings on cars I drive often, well that’s a little bit better, still lacking compared to before but whatever. Hop in another car, what the heck is this? It’s like I have to try and find something that’ll work for each car.
I tried to use the 69 boss mustang with settings that had been fine for every other car I tried last night and the oscillation was absolutely insane. That was the only car I had it happen with but it was ridiculous. I adjusted stuff to get it to go away but then other cars felt even worse than they already did.

I wish we could choose to roll back patches and play offline with them. Lol

I'll try to do this once I get home from work (sorry, catching up on posts) but my experience - and note I'm on a G923 not a G Pro - has been rather positive.

I haven't had to compensate by adjusting my shakers and that's a key test for me; not everyone has a Buttkicker or Dayton Audio shakers to make up for what they expected to get when they dropped money for a wheel. However, things like the Golf GTI, '84 Ferrari GTO, Audi Group 3, BMW E36, Ruf 4.2 (which I love) and others have been positive with an adjustment period. I chalk that up to the new physics model but I'm largely getting the same cues I remember for various tracks. The way the cars react when they go over curbs is a physics issue; the rumble I get from the road is a wheel issue in my opinion. That's how I'm tracking this.

As I stated in another thread, my Spa time for daily B has actually improved by 3+ tenths after about 15 minutes of driving.

I'll try to post my results and do what I can to help.

Back