Trueforce Feedback after update 1.49

• Thread starter MontiZi
  • 249 comments
I've not experienced these kind of transient FFB events as I've only played it for 20 minutes since the update trying to figure out why the amazing TFA effects had disappeared, but honestly this sounds pretty dangerous to me. The combination of too much force and transient peaks can do serious tendon damage in your wrists, especially if you're getting on a bit. This kind of injury takes 6 months to repair (at the very least) and is why I had to spend the last 9 months off the game.

Before this update the FFB strength was realistic, i.e. fairly light on slow cars ranging up to fairly heavy on race cars, one setting worked for everything and I never once needed to change the FFB setting, it just worked!

From what I've heard on here though you now need different FFB settings for different cars just to make it playable and, unless it's turned down to virtually useless levels, even a low to moderate FFB setting could cause a serious wrist injury. I have only just been able to play again after 9 months off, there's no way I'm risking another injury so this game is dead to me unless the FFB/TFA goes back to how it was.
Yeah, I keep playing to try and figure out what exactly is going on. I think I have it pinned down.

Yes, last night I had a few incidents where I thought “wow!! Ok that is too extreme of a change, a surprise change in the strength of the wheel”.

What I’m finding annoying is needing three seperate profiles just to play this game. That leaves me 2 profiles left, one for wreckfest, one of another game that might come along. The more annoying part is, it’s not even, ok this car has race tires, I better switch to profile 3 (still annoying) but it’s the fact I have to drive a lap in the car and then decide which profile I better choose. I drive a full range of cars, mostly historic and I can’t figure out what the heck is going on. It’s either tires are scrubbing, then grip and WHAM you’re hit with full force or it’s the suspension gets compressed and WHAM you’re hit with full force.

If you still want to play the game, set torque and sensitivity in game to 10. Then on your wheel reduce the strength to 5. I think you’ll be safe with that. Most heavy cars I’m good with strength at 7.2nm so down to 5nm I don’t think you’ll run into much danger. However, on a car that’s light with comfort soft, you’re not gonna get much force feedback. But at least you should be safe with all cars?

Is It worth It??

Only wheel thats affordable in my country... G29 too similar to the old g27
G923 is pretty much the G29 with trueforce, I think the wheel has a little better FFB but it’s not night and day. I owned one. I think the T300 is a better wheel to be honest. The G923 will rattle. I figured out a fix for it, lots of have tried my fix and said it worked great for them. Have to take wheel apart and install some o rings (if it starts to rattle). My post is on GT Planet, O Ring Rattle Fix. Or something like that.

Pedals are great, wheel feels good, it’s a lighter FFB but still nice. One flaw was the rattle sound. Some just put up with it.

Is It worth It??

Only wheel thats affordable in my country... G29 too similar to the old g27
The G29 is still a pretty good wheel to begin with.
The G923 has slightly better Force Feedback and supports TruForce as well. When the price difference is not too big I would go with the 923, otherwise the 29 is also fine.

G923 is pretty much the G29 with trueforce, I think the wheel has a little better FFB but it’s not night and day. I owned one. I think the T300 is a better wheel to be honest. The G923 will rattle. I figured out a fix for it, lots of have tried my fix and said it worked great for them. Have to take wheel apart and install some o rings (if it starts to rattle). My post is on GT Planet, O Ring Rattle Fix. Or something like that.

Pedals are great, wheel feels good, it’s a lighter FFB but still nice. One flaw was the rattle sound. Some just put up with it.
Oh nice. Will check out your fix.
I use my wheel with the Psvr2 and headphones so I’m not that much bothered by the rattling but without it, it would be nicer for sure.

Oh nice. Will check out your fix.
I use my wheel with the Psvr2 and headphones so I’m not that much bothered by the rattling but without it, it would be nicer for sure.
Mine was rattling enough friends could hear it through my mic. So I did the fix, sometimes I thought I maybe felt the rattle, I’d ask and they’d say no I didn’t hear anything. It basically takes the rattle sound from trebly sounding to very muffled and muted. With my headset on, I couldn’t hear the rattle but they could. After the fix, I could only maybe feel the rattle but they could not hear it. Headset off, you can tell it’s trying to rattle, haha. But it can’t.

Mine was rattling enough friends could hear it through my mic. So I did the fix, sometimes I thought I maybe felt the rattle, I’d ask and they’d say no I didn’t hear anything. It basically takes the rattle sound from trebly sounding to very muffled and muted. With my headset on, I couldn’t hear the rattle but they could. After the fix, I could only maybe feel the rattle but they could not hear it. Headset off, you can tell it’s trying to rattle, haha. But it can’t.
Does it impact the FF strength in any way?

Does it impact the FF strength in any way?
I didn’t notice anything. It shouldn’t because the o rings I used were just the right size, I could still move the motor shafts in and out about 1/16th so nothing would be hindering movement. If it was binding I could see it maybe effecting it? It also made my wheel feel more new than when it was new. Like the wheel itself didn’t feel as sloppy. If you grab the wheel top and bottom and push/pull opposite ways, new it had some play, after o ring fix, hardly any.

I’ve since moved onto a Logitech G Pro wheel as I found I was really enjoying racing. Still have my G923 in the closet, using the pedals with the Pro. Night and day difference but the G923 gets you by for sure. I’d try to find one on sale or wait for a sale. Sometimes I’ve seen Amazon knock $150 off.

I didn’t notice anything. It shouldn’t because the o rings I used were just the right size, I could still move the motor shafts in and out about 1/16th so nothing would be hindering movement. If it was binding I could see it maybe effecting it? It also made my wheel feel more new than when it was new. Like the wheel itself didn’t feel as sloppy. If you grab the wheel top and bottom and push/pull opposite ways, new it had some play, after o ring fix, hardly any.

I’ve since moved onto a Logitech G Pro wheel as I found I was really enjoying racing. Still have my G923 in the closet, using the pedals with the Pro. Night and day difference but the G923 gets you by for sure. I’d try to find one on sale or wait for a sale. Sometimes I’ve seen Amazon knock $150 off.
Nice. I will try this out when I find the time over the next days.
Oh nice the G Pro Wheel, Are you happy with this one?
Would like to buy one as well but the price is very expensive. I don’t play that often with a wheel to justify the 1000€ for it (wheel only…). Maybe one day.

Nice. I will try this out when I find the time over the next days.
Oh nice the G Pro Wheel, Are you happy with this one?
Would like to buy one as well but the price is very expensive. I don’t play that often with a wheel to justify the 1000€ for it (wheel only…). Maybe one day.
I’m happy with it. Well I was until the latest update that is, I’m sure they’ll fix it because 100% there are some ridiculous issues that PD has caused. Hopefully they fix it very soon.

I ended up going all out, got some Dayton pucks and some amps, running SimHub. I started with the G923 to see if I would enjoy it. Had GT7 felt like GT5/GT6 I most likely wouldn’t still be playing the game.

I’m happy with it. Well I was until the latest update that is, I’m sure they’ll fix it because 100% there are some ridiculous issues that PD has caused. Hopefully they fix it very soon.

I ended up going all out, got some Dayton pucks and some amps, running SimHub. I started with the G923 to see if I would enjoy it. Had GT7 felt like GT5/GT6 I most likely wouldn’t still be playing the game.
I‘m sure they’re going to improve/fix it further. I had a lot of fun playing yesterday with the wheel but of course I can only judge it based on a far inferior wheel. The lower FF with the patch are for sure more noticeable on such a high end wheel.

I‘m sure they’re going to improve/fix it further. I had a lot of fun playing yesterday with the wheel but of course I can only judge it based on a far inferior wheel. The lower FF with the patch are for sure more noticeable on such a high end wheel.
Yeah I drove a T300 (fairly old and used) but it was really lacking in detailed feedback compared to the Logitech Pro. Almost like it didn’t really do much until you reached a limit.

I like the Pro and trueforce for that, gives the illusion your in a car, vibrations thru steering wheel. Doesn’t hurt that I’m running SimHub but the Pro wheel vibrates the entire rig anyways. The Dayton pucks I got going on sort of just round it all out nicely.

Yeah I drove a T300 (fairly old and used) but it was really lacking in detailed feedback compared to the Logitech Pro. Almost like it didn’t really do much until you reached a limit.

I like the Pro and trueforce for that, gives the illusion your in a car, vibrations thru steering wheel. Doesn’t hurt that I’m running SimHub but the Pro wheel vibrates the entire rig anyways. The Dayton pucks I got going on sort of just round it all out nicely.
This vibration is also something that I really like. Something that put the Logitech wheels in favour but curious when the fanatic equivalent will be fully supported.

This vibration is also something that I really like. Something that put the Logitech wheels in favour but curious when the fanatic equivalent will be fully supported.
I just saw Fanatec declared bankruptcy? I almost ordered one before I bought Logitech, they never responded to my email asking which wheel worked with the PS5 and GT7 so I just went with Logitech who doesn’t have a million options and you don’t have to build up the package mixing and matching. All I asked was, what bundle do I get. No reply, no buy.

@LOGI_Rich Hey man, thank you for the support and everything, just to let you know that the curb rumble and trueforce are still there on the G923 , no need to crank up the setting or anything after the update, it feels really nice to drive , I didn't do cross examinate with controller vibration(trueforce) totally off but I feels like the trueforce from game after update has not effected the G923, if that helps (I dont have a G Pro wheel around me to check but based on what others are reporting in this thread it's quite different from my experince with G923's trueforce after the v1.49 update)
(I've been using it with the old AE86 and other road car/rally car/ VisionGT car doing the weekly challenge and so far am pretty happy with it)

Last edited:
@LOGI_Rich Hey man, thank you for the support and everything, just to let you know that the curb rumble and trueforce are still there on the G923 , no need to crank up the setting or anything after the update, it feels really nice to drive , I didn't do cross examinate with controller vibration(trueforce) totally off but I feels like the trueforce from game after update has not effected the G923, if that helps (I dont have a G Pro wheel around me to check but based on what others are reporting in this thread it's quite different from my experince with G923's trueforce after the v1.49 update)
(I've been using it with the old AE86 and other road car/rally car/ VisionGT car doing the weekly challenge and so far am pretty happy with it)
Have the G Pro, it’s still there, but at Max 150. Before update I was 40-45. 100 was way too much but I know some were using 60-70. So I think they’re the ones disappointed that it’s been reduced. I’m of the mindset that a setting should be able to be taken too far aside from torque/strength, 10 should give the full 11nm.

I believe it’s the dynamic range the G Pro is capable of, I don’t think the non direct drive wheels can rip your arms off so when those strong FFB peaks come along and catch you off guard… anybody with a wheel that can only produce 4nm max ain’t gonna feel that at all. And I can get rid of it by turning my wheel strength way down.

So it’s in PD’s hands to make those peaks less explosive or strong. However the only way to communicate that is in here in hopes our complaints get passed along. LogiRich has to take the brunt of the complaints. I’ll admit I was freaking out and rightfully so, it’s an expensive wheel, but the more I play the game and figure out what’s going on, I’ve realized Logitech really has nothing to do with this at all. Polyphony Digital has gone and messed it up, they have to fix it but will they? That’s the disappointing thing, people have been asking for a customizable HUD for years and never got one. lol

For those experienced with the g29 and g923, is it worth to upgrade?

I may be able to upgrade for 100 to 150 euros.

For context, I need to keep my playseat challenge in a closet and if I mount the pro wheel base it won't fit, so upgrading to the pro is not an option for now.

Thanks

Polyphony Digital has gone and messed it up, they have to fix it but will they?
This kind of things (loss of ffb) has happened before with old updates affecting other brands and they patched it.
I dont see why they wouldnt fix it this time.

Last edited:
@Bojador You might be amazed at how narrow it can go, even with Pro Wheel attached. That's 36cm at the widest point:

1722521037241.png

For those experienced with the g29 and g923, is it worth to upgrade?

I may be able to upgrade for 100 to 150 euros.

For context, I need to keep my playseat challenge in a closet and if I mount the pro wheel base it won't fit, so upgrading to the pro is not an option for now.

Thanks
The G923 is well worth the price. The G29 is such an old design. The Trueforce and the brake pedal feel make driving so much better in the game. The latest update messed with the FF but changing the settings have brought it back to how it felt before.

Just a reminder that you should ignore the Strength and TF Audio settings on the wheel for GT7. This is because GT7 sets things on startup based on the in-game settings, so adjusting things on the wheel will just set a value within the range set by the in-game settings. In other words, it doesn't matter what you have set on the wheel if you don't touch the wheel settings, because GT7 is overriding them at startup.
Just got back from a nearly 1 month hiatus from GT7, sat down in my Playseat and tried to run a lap on Eiger with the new Subaru Rally Car and my instant reaction was, WTF happened to the FFB??!!

Went and tried one of my favorites, the Audo RS 5 on Spa - same issue.

Thank God I found this thread - it seems I'm not alone. Same experience - torque through the roof, and the FFB feels completely flat.

@LOGI_Rich, I'm running a Logitech G Pro, which I have absolutely LOVED since I bought it last year. Can I get a clarification on your statement above?

I never really made any changes on the wheel other than the "Strength" setting. So two questions really:

1) If Strength and TF Audio settings have no effect in GT7 and are overridden by the game, what in-game settings do they correspond to, respectively?

2) What setting on the G Pro wheel, if any, have an effect, and what are the recommended settings for these?

Thanks in advance for your help!

My instinct from reading this thread is that Polyphony are going to need to make a patch to address this, but I'm hoping I can find some combo of settings from GT7/wheel that at least get the enjoyability partially back to what it was before the update.

Just got back from a nearly 1 month hiatus from GT7, sat down in my Playseat and tried to run a lap on Eiger with the new Subaru Rally Car and my instant reaction was, WTF happened to the FFB??!!

Thank God I found this thread - it seems I'm not alone. Same experience - torque through the roof, and the FFB feels completely flat.

@LOGI_Rich, I'm running a Logitech G Pro, which I have absolutely LOVED since I bought it last year. Can I get a clarification on your statement above?

I never really made any changes on the wheel other than the "Strength" setting. So two questions really:

1) If Strength and TF Audio settings have no effect in GT7 and are overridden by the game, what in-game settings do they correspond to, respectively?

2) What setting on the G Pro wheel, if any, have an effect, and what are the recommended settings for these?

My instinct from reading this thread is that Polyphony are going to need to make a patch to address this, but I'm hoping I can find some combo of settings from GT7/wheel that at least get the enjoyability partially back to what it was before the update.
Yeah....I keep trying to "get used to it"... but "flat" is a perfect way to describe it. It was so good before.

I have a drive hub and keep hoping they will somehow update firmware to override the true force setting or something while we sit around hoping it'll get reverted.

The wheel is still awesome....but this is a good 30-40% experience nerf for me overall.

The most I’ve been able to manage is run your sensitivity higher, put up with the oscillations and have different wheel profiles with lowered strengths for grippier cars. I’ve got one at 9nm and another at 7nm and that’s getting me by for now. But the extreme FFB peaks are still there.

You are not alone in your opinion. What they’ve done is not good. It’s one thing to nerf a cars performance because it can be tuned ridiculously fast or it was just calculated wrong, but to entirely change the FFB feel sim another thing. I think anyone running wheels with less FFB strength aren’t going to notice it as much.

My instinct from reading this thread is that Polyphony are going to need to make a patch to address this...
We can only hope but I agree... :)

In the meantime while you wait for Rich to chime in, these are the settings I am using. Note, I have had my wheel for one month and was in the process of figuring it out when the update dropped! :grumpy:

Wheel Settings:
Strength - 11
TF Audio - 100
FFB Filter - 8
Dampener - 15
Angle - 1080

Game Settings:
FFB Torque - 6 to 8 depending on car
FFB Sensitivity - 1
Vibration - 100

We can only hope but I agree... :)

In the meantime while you wait for Rich to chime in, these are the settings I am using. Note, I have had my wheel for one month and was in the process of figuring it out when the update dropped! :grumpy:

Wheel Settings:
Strength - 11
TF Audio - 100
FFB Filter - 8
Dampener - 15
Angle - 1080

Game Settings:
FFB Torque - 6 to 8 depending on car
FFB Sensitivity - 1
Vibration - 100
Dude same. I literally bought it end of June.

I've been running ffb sensitivity 6 with force maxed on wheel and in game. I also turned the dampener off and ffb filter to 1.

There's some bs that happens off road but on road that's as close as I can get it for my tastes.

I like to fight it....that's why it's so good.

Anyone notice the wheel isnt calibrated directly in the middle for gt7? I had to use ghub and offset it 1 degrees to the left

Last edited:
Logitech G Pro + Pro Pedal + Playseat. 1.49: I moved something to 150 from 100 in controller. Maybe vibration strength. Kept everything else the same. Seemed fine.

Back