Trueforce Feedback after update 1.49

• Thread starter MontiZi
  • 249 comments
If you reduce the FFB Filter then you'll get some rawness back, but you're not going to get back to the crazy levels of gain that were previously possible when you had it set at 150.
Hi Rich
G29 wheel does not give any road vibration feel after update..cant keep cars on track like I had previously..upped the vibration to 150 everything else 10 and it still isn't as good as before.

As a long time lurker, I also just created an account due to how unfortunately poor the detail has become from the Logitech G Pro after the 1.49 update.

After bumping up the controller vibration to 140+ it can get "generally" close, so you can still feel the obvious curbs, impacts and turn resistance, but the tyre detail for me (especially when you're at the edge of grip) is completely gone. This includes general road feel/bumps and nuances too which was important to me. I also use a Playseat Trophy where some vibrations would run through the seat too (might not be popular, but just what I'm accustom to)

All cars feel floaty to some degree, especially at low speeds.
Overall disappointed with the update.

Settings
GT7:
Controller vibration 150
Max torque 7
FFB sensitivity 3

Logitech G Pro Wheel:
Strength 10nm
TF audio 100
FFB filter 10
Dampener 10
Same problem as g29 sounding

The G29 wheel isn't a Truforce wheel. Upping the vibration won't do anything at all.
But the g29 has lost wheel feedback and road feel.

As I’ve explained, those sensations are not tied to the max torque setting, so it’s totally possible to still have them without an oscillating wheel by leaving the vibration setting high and reducing the max torque setting.

You’ll note that for Gr.1/Gr.2 cars we’re suggesting lowering the max torque to 5.

You need only go and read the Fanatec owners threads to see people having the same issues with oscillations and without any of the benefit of Trueforce Audio. We’ve reported your feelings to Polyphony and you can also lend your voice by letting them know on their twitter account.
Hi Rich
Just tell me that g29 now feels junk after update.. no feedback from road to car..slight braking cars spin out etc...hope pd sort it.

But the g29 has lost wheel feedback and road feel.
well the vibration setting isn't going to fix that. I have the G29. What are your settings? I'm using 6 for torque and 10 for sensitivity and I've got pretty great road feel ftmp (certainly better than pre 1.49)...but not the constant vibration that trueforce might provide.

Last edited:
1.50 didn't seem to impact this at all. I was hoping maybe it would. Not great that it hasn't been acknowledged at all that I've seen other than on this forum and some reddit posts. Bummer.

Last edited:
well the vibration setting isn't going to fix that. I have the G29. What are your settings? I'm using 6 for torque and 10 for sensitivity and I've got pretty great road feel ftmp (certainly better than pre 1.49)...but not the constant vibration that trueforce might provide.
I have settings at 10 and 8 but really not noticed it better tbh.

1.50 didn't seem to impact this at all. I was hoping maybe it would. Not great that it hasn't been acknowledged at all that I've seen other than on this forum and some reddit posts. Bummer.
Haven’t tried it yet but I’m assuming they adjusted parameters just out of reach of the available settings so cars couldn’t launch into the air. Like if 25 was max soft and that caused the launches, well now 26 is the new 25. If you get what I mean haha. Because it was only the extreme ends that caused it. Like Soinal Tap, this amp goes to 11. Why not just make 10 louder? Our amps go to 11.

Can anyone tell me if they have experienced LOW TORQUE from a G923 on PS5 after the recent update on GT7? I used to have VERY GOOD TORQUE and now it got zapped. I feel like its on level 1 or 2 now. I used G Hub to check my settings to be sure everything is turned up high. I'll try that tonight when I get home. But I dont have any faith it will fix it. THANK YOU POLYPHONY DIGITAL FOR RUINING MY GAME!! You SUCK!!!!!!!!

G HUB won't do anything because settings are not saved in the wheel. Have you increased the Max Torque setting in GT7 to 10?

Can anyone tell me if they have experienced LOW TORQUE from a G923 on PS5 after the recent update on GT7? I used to have VERY GOOD TORQUE and now it got zapped. I feel like its on level 1 or 2 now. I used G Hub to check my settings to be sure everything is turned up high. I'll try that tonight when I get home. But I dont have any faith it will fix it. THANK YOU POLYPHONY DIGITAL FOR RUINING MY GAME!! You SUCK!!!!!!!!
I get your frustration but you should take some time to search the forums. There's been a lot of recent discussion from G29 users with potential solutions iirc...

G HUB won't do anything because settings are not saved in the wheel. Have you increased the Max Torque setting in GT7 to 10?
Just checking in, but your team hasn't heard any feedback from PD I assume? I shot them a message on Twitter but never got a response. Not that I expected one.

Still hoping that at some point it'll be addressed some how but clearly it isn't high on any list.

Try these settings in the game:
FFB torque - 10
FFB sensitivity - 5
Vibration - 100

These settings work for me.

The container ship trying to avoid a bridge in Baltimore hahahaha. Accurate though. My E Type Jag at 490pp comfort soft, seems ok, until the sharp turns. If it won’t turn, then it’s the opposite and I’m spinning.

I’ll continue tweaking my settings, might knock sensitivty down to 5 again and reduce dampener. Maybe the detail lost is actually trueforce I don’t know. All I know is it’s different.

To PD, when I was younger I use to rearrange my mom’s desktop on her computer. She used to get so mad. I understand why. Maybe try to just relocate one icon at a time next time? lol

EDIT*

Just raced for a few hours tonight. Took the stock Cobra to Historic. While I can still drive the thing perfectly fine. It just doesn’t feel as good as before. The G Pro is soooo light. But if you take a corner just a hair slow, the front tire grabs and suddenly you get a lot of weight. Better off to throw it through the corners. The Daytona Coupe is similar.

Best way I can describe it now is the cars don’t feel like they have any weight to them, but sometimes around a swooper the tires grab… but repeatedly and it’s kind of annoying to go from very light steering to grabbing then not then grabbing then not.

I actually don’t think this is acceptable. I don’t know if it’s the update/changes to the physics or the update/changes to the wheel. Could be a combination of both. Honestly my G Pro feels more like my G923. Except you can get surprised by a collision or hooking a curb and then get a lot of torque. Not as bad with a car that feels heavier to begin with but a car like the cobra just feels WRONG. This isn’t a matter of getting used of it. I’ve put in almost 8 hours today. Every car I hop in something feels different, only a select few are ok. Had a firebird that I really liked at Willow Springs, now it’s more like how I described the Cobra and the firebird is on Sports Medium too!

Honestly it’s frustrating. $1300 wheel is feeling more like their $400 wheel (with pedals). This feels like if I bought a guitar amp modeller and it sounded great, could be a tad better but maybe they’ll update it. Then they force an update on you and suddenly it sounds like a tin can and there’s no going back. Why? Because somebody doesn’t actually know what sounds good.
So for what it may be worth Forza Motorsport just updated and they have introduced compatibility with Logitech Trueforce wheels. The beauty here is you can turn it on and turn it off as an option. And to be honest it feels great on the Pro Wheel. So why not bring it back in full swing in GT7 with the same option to turn it on turn it off seems lile a no brainer. Also in Forza you can adjust your Logitech Trueforce settings as well right within the game.

@LOGI_Rich this sums it up. The Trueforce output needs to come back, we’ve all spent a lot of money on this wheel and the only thing that’s sets it apart from other wheels has now been downgraded.

GT7 doesn’t feel as good now and the PD developers need to know this. At least give us the option to select full Trueforce output like before.

Many thanks
Forza just released compatibility with Logitech Trueforce wheels . The best thing here you can turn it on and off if you desire. Wow! It feels great on the pro wheel. Maybe PD can add this option to put things back the way they were .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
Forza just released compatibility with Logitech Trueforce wheels . The best thing here you can turn it on and off if you desire. Wow! It feels great on the pro wheel. Maybe PD can add this option to put things back the way they were .
That's awesome. I wish psvr2 hadn't totally running racing games for me ...haha

That's awesome. I wish psvr2 hadn't totally running racing games for me ...haha
Hopefully PD can sort this out. But im mot having alot of faith since its not being addressed. There’s alot of folks that like the update on the logi side but I cant see it as it doesn’t even make sense to me that some do and dont unless its were having separate experiences for some reason. Could G hub updates have something to do with this too?

Hi Logi Rich
Just curious that Forza Motorsport just released an update where they now Support Logitech Trueforce wheels and I must say its good. I have both. The option to turn it on and off is perfect for those that don’t want to use it. Also adjusting it in game is also a huge plus. Cant you andPD come to terms with getting us back to where we were and maybe following the footsteps of what Turn 10 just did.

Though I dont personally have a problem with the 1.49/1.50 true force implementation in GT7, I do think PD should look at how Turn 10 Forza team has done it. I think they did an excellent job and it does make GT7 feel a little lacking in comparison.

Nothing has changed in the wheel/G HUB to cause this.

All you're seeing is that some people really did like it at the "old" 150 vibration level, whereas others were running it at lower levels that are still achievable after the new update.
Yep. This is 100% it. Those of us that think it feels hollow mostly ran at higher than recommended vibration values anyways. I was at 150 vibration due to personal preference. So now 150 feels like trash.

For awhile I used drive hub to push the true force to 11nm. I'm still hoping they'll update their firmware to allow overriding of the true force/ffb that is being limited by gt7 now. But that would only help myself...and the problem really should be fixed at PD level.

What was mentioned here above that was implemented in Forza is the correct (and user friendly )approach for utilizing hardware.

Last edited:
So for what it may be worth Forza Motorsport just updated and they have introduced compatibility with Logitech Trueforce wheels. The beauty here is you can turn it on and turn it off as an option. And to be honest it feels great on the Pro Wheel. So why not bring it back in full swing in GT7 with the same option to turn it on turn it off seems lile a no brainer. Also in Forza you can adjust your Logitech Trueforce settings as well right within the game.

GT7, more in game options would be nice. As for trueforce, I’ve got it maxed 150 right now, used to have it at 45. Honestly it’s roughly the same, I just like to be able to have the option to go more or less.

I’m really starting to think it’s the physics update that’s causing the things I’m feeling.

Beating a dead horse here but…

- we have extreme spikes in FFB on curbs, collisions and long sweeping fast corners. If your car is fairly heavy steering it’s not to too bad because you’re already muscling it, but in lighter steering cars it really surprises you.

- wide FFB strength differences between all cars, getting annoyed by having to test drive a car for a lap before deciding which wheel profile I should select or what torque setting to choose. I wish we had an option to check off that would narrow that difference considerably. I thought it was too wide before, now it’s even wider. One car is just right, another is way too heavy and another it’s like the wheel is borderline turned off.

GT7, more in game options would be nice. As for trueforce, I’ve got it maxed 150 right now, used to have it at 45. Honestly it’s roughly the same, I just like to be able to have the option to go more or less.

I’m really starting to think it’s the physics update that’s causing the things I’m feeling.

Beating a dead horse here but…

- we have extreme spikes in FFB on curbs, collisions and long sweeping fast corners. If your car is fairly heavy steering it’s not to too bad because you’re already muscling it, but in lighter steering cars it really surprises you.

- wide FFB strength differences between all cars, getting annoyed by having to test drive a car for a lap before deciding which wheel profile I should select or what torque setting to choose. I wish we had an option to check off that would narrow that difference considerably. I thought it was too wide before, now it’s even wider. One car is just right, another is way too heavy and another it’s like the wheel is borderline turned off.
Agreed, another thing and don't get me wrong I prefer GT7 over Forza and probably always will, but in Forza you also have an option for every car to adjust its individual FFB Scale right in each cars settings under car specific wheel tuning which can then be saved for each car in your tunes. Therefore once you set it up for that car and save it your done. Pretty nice feature . Now if thats the case with the new physics and update in GT7 then maybe this kind of functionality should be considered for the user. Just another thought to beating a dead horse.

Agreed, another thing and don't get me wrong I prefer GT7 over Forza and probably always will, but in Forza you also have an option for every car to adjust its individual FFB Scale right in each cars settings under car specific wheel tuning which can then be saved for each car in your tunes. Therefore once you set it up for that car and save it your done. Pretty nice feature . Now if thats the case with the new physics and update in GT7 then maybe this kind of functionality should be considered for the user. Just another thought to beating a dead horse.
I’d rather them just not have such extremes but if that had each car remember my controller settings per car, that would help, until you put sports tires on a car that had comfort mediums on, then it’d be out of whack again.

I guess I don’t understand the reasoning behind it, I think a lot of people don’t drive the older slower stuff and all opinions on wheel feel is based around Gr.3 style cars. I mean that’s what most people tend to do in the daily races. Maybe that’s what’s happened, they’ve tweaked physics for those cars and it’s goofed up a lot of the others.

Somebody tested a GT40 as I had used it as an example of the ill effects, they had a priano’s tune or whatever his name is that does the tunes. That’s all fine and dandy but I do enjoy driving totally stock vehicles as well. Why a bone stock 1966 GT40 around Suzuka is skipping, hopping around, tugging on the wheel around longer gradual turns is beyond me. Is it not a bonafide race car? Why would I need to upgrade the suspension or start stiffening everything up. It’s a race car.

I actually race a ton of mid level cars just bc it's fun to drive them. In the end they need to give us access to the wheel parameters because I don't expect them to make it so every car feels perfect. But at least allow me to do so if I choose

I actually race a ton of mid level cars just bc it's fun to drive them. In the end they need to give us access to the wheel parameters because I don't expect them to make it so every car feels perfect. But at least allow me to do so if I choose
Well I think they’ve got something wrong. The wheel is to give feedback, we shouldn’t feel the car in the wheel, we should feel what the car is doing through the wheel. It almost seems like if you stiffen up the suspension suddenly the steering gets heavier. Idk, seems odd to me. Same for going up to gripper tires. Again, seems a bit odd. On a car without power steering sure it could make a difference at slower speeds.

I think what they’ve done is as the suspension loads up or compresses, they’ve begun making the wheel heavier. I noticed it on the Honda RA, where’s my force feedback? Mid corner whoa, there it is. Back to the straight, super light again. I think that’s why I’m getting these explosive FFB spikes, hit a curb? What happens? Suspension compresses big time. Get smoked by AI, suspension. Gradual fast sweeping corner, suspension. I think they need to de-exaggerate that FFB effect.

Bump steer is a thing now. And many older cars have lol bumpsteer.

My daily driver is a 40 year old carburetted V8 with recirculating ball, and that's pretty much how they drive. The old TV shows where the driver was sawing at the wheel had a root of truth lol.

What is happening now is you are feeling the surface through the steering. So bumps, ruts, whatever else picked up when they scanned the tracks. Im in a huge hurry for a race this weekend, so I can't test anything until next week, but I've driven the stock Cobra quite a bit and it's about what I would expect. I think I drove the GT40, but I drive it so much I can't remember if last was pre or post update, one of my favourite cars.

Bump steer is a thing now. And many older cars have lol bumpsteer.

My daily driver is a 40 year old carburetted V8 with recirculating ball, and that's pretty much how they drive. The old TV shows where the driver was sawing at the wheel had a root of truth lol.

What is happening now is you are feeling the surface through the steering. So bumps, ruts, whatever else picked up when they scanned the tracks. Im in a huge hurry for a race this weekend, so I can't test anything until next week, but I've driven the stock Cobra quite a bit and it's about what I would expect. I think I drove the GT40, but I drive it so much I can't remember if last was pre or post update, one of my favourite cars.
So as you go around a long left hand sweeping corner the wheel feels like somebody is tugging on it to the right in equal intervals? That’s a real race car thing? Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump alllll the way thru the corner.

On a bumpy track, sometimes. My car has no power steering, so feedback is sort of amplified compared to a more modern car.

This is a lap in my car, and while it isn't violent if you are smooth, you can see the wheel is constantly trying to do something and I can't really let go of it.

And that is a super smooth surface.

Last edited:
On a bumpy track, sometimes. My car has no power steering, so feedback is sort of amplified compared to a more modern car.

This is a lap in my car, and while it isn't violent if you are smooth, you can see the wheel is constantly trying to do something and I can't really let go of it.

And that is a super smooth surface.

Looks good. Yeah I think this is a bit different. It’s more consistent and timed. I’ll have to try to get video of it somehow. It’s too sequenced imo. Question, have you ever braked hard and it feels like someone reached over and just yanked on your wheel?

Latest Posts

Back