Tune for Volvo S60?

Sweden
Malmö
femtifemman
Hi!

I'm new to this community and have searched the forums but not found a tune for the Volvo S60 T5 '03. I think it's a shame that the car is overlooked by many because it has a lot of potential! Anyone that have a tune for my favorite car they want to share? :)

I have a tune myself but I think there's something missing so feel free to test it and give me your opinion! My own tune uses Racing Soft tyres but I think it would be possible (with a better tune) to drive it on Sports Tyres with good results.

Body/Chassis
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 1, 2 and 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Aero Parts (Rear wing from GT Auto) set to "15"

Engine
Sports ECU
Engine Tuning Stage 1, 2 and 3

Intake System
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter

Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust

Turbo Kits
High RPM Turbo Kit

Transmission
Fully Costumisable Transmission set to Final Gear; 2.440 and Max Speed; 300

Drivetrain
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Fully Customisable LSD set to 10/35/20

Suspension
Fully Customisable set to:
Ride Height -20/-15
Spring Rate 9.5/9.5
Dampers (Extension) 8/7
Dampers (Compression) 7/6
Anti-Roll Bars 3/6
Camber Angle 2.0/0.5
Toe Angle 0.20/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance 7/6

Tyres
Racing Soft

Best Regards
Fredrik

Been considering tuning this if I can find it. I (unwillingly :D) drive an S80 which as busted as it is still has quite a decent kick in the pants when I can give it some room. The Buick trans is killing me though. :rolleyes: I'll let you know if I find one of these soon.

I saw your post the other day so I am finally posting my tune. Here is a Clueless Tunes attempt at a 500pp super S60. It drives decently on sports hard tires and very nicely on sports soft tires or better. Very fun on medium speed courses like the Nurburgring or Spa Francorchamps.👍

Found right over here at Clueless https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7090340#post7090340
s60gpf1.jpg

DigitalBaka
I actually drive a 2002 S60 AWD (with the 200hp 2.4T engine) and love the car! Thats the main reason I'd like a desent tune for this car :) I would send you one of these if I had an extra, but the closest one for me accordingly to "GT5 Cars" is almost 300 racedays from now... But please do let me know if you find one!

Theo777
Thanks! The tune looks very intresting and I will try it out, I feel a bit silly that i couldn't find your tune when I searched the forum :dunce: I like how you don't use the hideous rear spoiler I have on my own, it ruins the whole car :)

And here is my latest tune, it might not be as good as Theos' but at least I try ;) Since I posted my first one I have turned off the last aid in GT5 (ABS 1) and that meant the brake balance/force was way off so I made some changes. If someone can find something in the tune that can be improved please post your ideas, I want to learn! :)

Body/Chassis
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 1, 2 and 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Aero Parts (Rear wing from GT Auto) set to "15"

Engine
Sports ECU
Engine Tuning Stage 1, 2 and 3

Intake System
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter

Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust

Turbo Kits
High RPM Turbo Kit

Transmission
Fully Costumisable Transmission set to Final Gear; 2.440 and Max Speed; 300

Drivetrain
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Stock diff (50/30/0)

Suspension
Fully Customisable set to:
Ride Height -20/-15
Spring Rate 9.0/8.5
Dampers (Extension) 6/6
Dampers (Compression) 5/5
Anti-Roll Bars 3/5
Camber Angle 1.5/0.5
Toe Angle 0.20/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance 2/0

Tyres
Racing Soft

419BHP / 1261kg / 522PP

Sorry for the looong post!

Best Regards
Fredrik

Jackthalad was nice enough to send one my way. 👍 I'll play with it over the next couple days and see what it can do.

Hi Fredrik

You drew me in when saying you thought this car had potential.

I didn't try your settings, couldn't bring myself to fit a wing and racing tyres. Having tried Theo777's tune and playing around with my own settings, I'm curious to know if your tune suffers from bad understeer.

The downforce from the wing and ride height settings suggest to me it will, but maybe the tyres negate it somewhat?

Anyway my thoughts on the car, I just can't see the Volvo being competitive against some of the better FF cars let alone RWD and MR cars in the 450pp - 500pp range.

Having said that, reducing the power to under 300bhp and on Sports Hard tyres it can be a fun car for the 500pp seasonals.

Here's a link to an old pre spec 2 tune of the S60 in the Outlaw Motorsports Garage.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5622430#post5622430

It was started as a possible entry for the 500PP FWD Shootout I ran last year but I decided to enter another car instead. After the Shootout I got some assistance from the other members of the garage polishing the tune and it turned out very nicely. It should need only minor adjustments if any to work well under the current game spec.👍👍

DigitalBaka
Please do! :)

rams1de
Sorry I didn't mean to fool anyone into thinking the S60 is a fantastic racecar, I just think it can be a fun vehicle to drive! Especially if you (like me) like it in real life!

And I agree about the wing and tyres, I have removed the wing but will probably keep the tyres in the racing category. The car is slightly understeery but the handling kinda suits my drivingstyle, though I would like to have it a bit more neutral! And I think I will borrow some of Theo777' settings, especially the transmission.

XDesporado67
Thanks! I will try it out! I just wonder how I have missed this one too when I searched the forum :lol:

Best Regards
Fredrik

Back