TVR Griffith : 200mph,1200 kg and 0–60mph in less then 4 secs

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 255 comments
I can't really see the cars others have mentioned in the design. It does however remind my of an E-Type Jag at the front. :drool:

I'm seeing shades of FT-1 in the rear end. Really smart looking car though.

I like most of it, the rear and side profiles look fantastic, but the front needs to grow on me. It's not horiffick but nor is it as pretty as the last Griffith, but that would be hard to beat.

Yes, indeed, beautiful car.

The rear of the car reminds me of the Toyota FT-1 concept. The side (profile) reminds me of a GT86 and the rear fenders have a 911-ish look.

The only thing I'm not keen on, is the lower rear of the side profile.

Having said that, I imagine if I ever get to see it in the flesh, my opinion might change. Sometimes images on screen just doesn't do justice to the actual form.

This might be a polarizing opinion, But seeing as I am from and grew up where TVR was born I have to say the car looks just a little bit boring...
It just not really mad enough for the TVR badge in my opinion and it's going to be built in the wrong place, So I am just a little disappointed in the design.

In the pictures at least I don't like it at all, looks like a generic videogame car from the 90's. I like my TVR's alien and this is plain out derivative.

That is one damn good looking TVR.

I can see the SLS in the front, but I don't think that's a bad thing. In my opinion the SLS is a very handsome automobile.

The rear reminds me of a Model X and the FT-1 concept blended together.

The front of the car doesn't really look good...

It looks nice but it's lost the TVR madness.

(My 3,000 post on gtplanet.)

What madness? It looks about as mad (actually I'd say more so) than the original it's named after. Let me give you a image to jog your memory.

1991-2000-tvr-griffith-4-0-4-3-2362_3364_969X727.jpg

No, it isn’t as bonkers as the Segaris or Speed-Six, but it still comes off as distinctively TVR - and that’s a win. It seems to capture a bit more of the impactful modesty of the T350, but grabs some of the bonkers interior details of the later cars. I’m curious to know if TVR is looking to move these at a relative value compared to the 570S or 911T, or if it’ll be the typical entry-level-supercar fare. More importantly, getting these available in the US has to be mission-critical to financial success.

I’m curious to know if TVR is looking to move these at a relative value compared to the 570S or 911T, or if it’ll be the typical entry-level-supercar fare.
Launch cars are £90,000. Future versions will be offered both cheaper and more expensive than that, so figure on a £75k starter.
More importantly, getting these available in the US has to be mission-critical to financial success.
Not in the present plans.

https://www.gtplanet.net/tvr-back-dead-new-500hp-griffith/

If there's one more thing which I think would make it look better (1, being the side view of the bottom part of the rear section), then it would be the rake of the windscreen. For me, it looks a tad too severe.

I'd prefer it if the angle followed the front side slash, the front aperture slash angle, the rear edge of the doors shut line and where the bumper joins the rear of the body. 5 similar angled clean cut lines.

I still think it looks awesome though.

Could have done worse. The Mazda grill seems like the only real questionable inclusion.

It looks nice but it's lost the TVR madness.

I wonder if this is anything like how people reacted when TVRs lost their wedge-ness going into the '90s.

This marque hasn't been constantly creating batcrap insane models. The late Tuscan may have marked the start of a brief spell of out-there styling but otherwise they were predominantly lightweight V8 roadsters with retro flavouring and iffy reliability. The new Griffith appears to tick most of those boxes without dipping into the spare parts bin, though it does leave me wondering if they'll do a topless model one day.

Last edited:
Overall looks of the Griffith is great in my book.

It's solid mix of the grand touring designs of the TVRs in the 90's while still having a bit of the bonkers craziness the Sagaris had before TVR disappeared. You have to squint your eyes to see the SLS in the front which I don't see as a bad thing but the rear is absolutely fantastic.

Anyways, it's good to see a brand new TVR after over 10 long years.

Back