UKGTP6 - Results & Photos

• Thread starter Famine
  • 99 comments
Might've been me talking to my mate Phillip - I was the only one who didn't hear what Ben said until after the liquid acquisition.

For vexd, that's remarkably smooth :)

Roo
For vexd, that's remarkably smooth :)
Yeah, and that seems to be the only lap he didn't crash on. Although he was off track twice... :P

And that's me just being normally smooth, even though VEXD was right behind me every lap.

Come back over in May. We had a guy fly in from the US just to be at the last one (Smallhorses)... :D

Distance is no excuse!

I live about 45 minutes from him, if it were at his house, I might consider it. But over in the UK, no way, wouldn't happen.

i love that at the start every one is using the steering wheel but by the next day only a few are :sly:

great feedback:)

Nahh, people who were using controllers used them all through the weekend (well I did, apart from halfway through the clio enduro which I sucked at). Apart from in the messabout races where we all just used wheels.

(well I did, apart from halfway through the clio enduro which I sucked at). .

Partly down to me, tough having a team where on guy uses the DS2 and the other uses the DFP:lol: Even more of a challenge when one uses manual and the other auto.

Partly down to me, tough having a team where on guy uses the DS2 and the other uses the DFP:lol: Even more of a challenge when one uses manual and the other auto.

I wonder if I should have let you use manual instead like you suggested. But I thought adapting to automatic would probably be easier, although it shows that I havent used auto since like err gt2 I think.

Oh well, at least I caused a few racing incidents near the end. :dopey:

No, you did it the right way. Dan and I drove in manual at UKGTPV, and asking him to suddenly learn manual was too much of an ask. The auto 'box on the Clio isn't that bad anyway - it just needs holding a little in 5th.

This time round we drove auto and did much better - even setting the fastest lap!

Aberrant 1 there... Yes, fast laps were generally 1'05-1'06, but we managed a 1'04.7 while chasing Mars down (probably due to a slight tow on one lap and a more significant one on the next).

I didn't realise there were so few of us using the wheel at the LAN. It seems during my stints on the Clio endurance i was the only one to use the DFP. So am i right in thinking that the only full time DFPers at the LAN were me, daan and vexd?

Spec....

I didn't realise there were so few of us using the wheel at the LAN. It seems during my stints on the Clio endurance i was the only one to use the DFP. So am i right in thinking that the only full time DFPers at the LAN were me, daan and vexd?

Spec....

Probably - Ashley. and a couple of others dipped in and out, but I'm a dedicated button-basher (and coptercam) along with TheCracker, Roo, Race Idiot and Mars.

I'm going to have to go for the wheel soon. I'll try to get into the habit before 7.

Spec....

And meee! I used the DS2 twice, once in the enduro (Brett was a DS2 user) and once i cant remember when or why.

I'm going to have to go for the wheel soon. I'll try to get into the habit before 7.

Me too, i had a bash at using the wheel at the party. I found that once i'd started using the roof cam i could aclimatise quite quickly. I think the DFP lets you modulate the throttle and brakes much better, making your imputs more 'analogue' rather than the on/off 'digital' style imputs the DS2 makes you use.

Old habits die hard though and i really like to 'see' the car i'm driving. I suppose the roof cam view is the best compromise - letting you still see the edges of the car for 'placement' whilst still giving you a in-car perspective. I've never liked those full cockpit views where you see the dashboard and A-pillars - they always make it seem like you are driving the car from the back seat, IMO.

I'd love to get more into the wheel myself, but it's so bloody noisy - my housemates probably wouldn't be too happy to listen to that all night. To someone who didn't know what it was, it would probably sound pretty bizarre, esp. after a spin or something - with me effing and blinding, and strange mechanical whirrings coming from my bedroom, it's quite conceivable that my housemates would get the (very) wrong end of the stick... :ill:

I believe the G25 is a lot quieter than the DFP. And the DFP is only noisy if you don't drive it properly...
stirthepot.gif

And Dan, does your Lotus Cortina have a DS2 in it? Do you drive it from a helicopter follwing closely? :dopey:

I believe the G25 is a lot quieter than the DFP. And the DFP is only noisy if you don't drive it properly...
stirthepot.gif

And Dan, does your Lotus Cortina have a DS2 in it? Do you drive it from a helicopter follwing closely? :dopey:

i get it iget it.

very funny.

I'd like to see you rally the stratos round grand canyon oh Mr smoothie daan.

In your smoothie stylee. :mischievous:

This is an excellent thread guys, im laughin a lot at this, just what i needed after last nites revelations.... but i wont go into that.

Keep it up, im loving the pics, and so far, the vids.... though im concerned as to what is left up the magenta one's sleeves.

:irked:👍

No, a nice suede Momo ;) - Give me a proper seat-of-your-pants feedback and i'd feel right at home.

I live about 45 minutes from him, if it were at his house, I might consider it. But over in the UK, no way, wouldn't happen.

I'm 1/2-way through the Fuji 1000km enduro, which'll leave me with just over 1% of GT4 to complete. Once I get that done, and some of the junk sorted out in the garage, it's a very real possibility that a Bay Area GTP may happen. Although we may have to chip in for Famine's airfare if we want it organised properly! ;) It'll in the the first months of next year though, and hopefully everyone won't have been too distracted by PS3 by then! Bah, no GT title at release? Not worth having! :P

Great results for UKGTP6! Top racing by all concerned. Still extremely gutted I couldn't get there. :( Flights are booked for Nov 24th, and back on Dec 12th though.....

I still only have an old driving force, which I can use as well as the controller. But the only place I can use the damm thing is at my computer desk, which is allright untill it comes to using the actual computer.

If any of you get a G25 i'll buy your tatty old dfp from ye though.
attachment.php

All those pics are great!

my fave has to be Daan's of Famine in 6th place with the cross above his head! knowing his views on devine intervention, i wonder if he was secretly praying for help??!! :sly:

i only hope that Lotus and her man can make it to the next lan. I know our prizes dont match the perks of Amsterdam, but that Lotus is a sure fine driver, who shares my views on lots of things!! :grumpy: 👍

Looking forward to the next race off, and think all those people with feeble excuses are just afraid to lose to the proven quality of UKGTP attendees :rolleyes:

I know im not going to win lots of races when i go to these LAN's. Its just nice to sit down, sip a few beers, chat to people with a love of GT, play the game against humans (eleventyhundred times better than the stinking AI) and have fun.

Ive said it before and i will say it again, sometimes the journey(race) can be better than the destination(finish). ;)

Spec....

I know im not going to win lots of races when i go to these LAN's. Its just nice to sit down, sip a few beers, chat to people with a love of GT, play the game against humans (eleventyhundred times better than the stinking AI) and have fun.

Ive said it before and i will say it again, sometimes the journey(race) can be better than the destination(finish). ;)

Spec....
Exactly. I know I'm going to win the odd race, but I'm probably not going to win any championships (I think I've won 1 championship in my 6 UKGTPs).

We should hold an UK'ringParty. Lets all meet at the ring and race against eachother. No GT4, no LAN, just our cars and the good old 'ring. Remember what Famine said; distance and money are no excuses ;) and he's right.

We should hold an UK'ringParty. Lets all meet at the ring and race against eachother. No GT4, no LAN, just our cars and the good old 'ring. Remember what Famine said; distance and money are no excuses ;) and he's right.

...Except racing isn't aloud at the Ring's public days :rolleyes: 👎

Back