UKGTPXI - The Elf - Results and Photographs

• Thread starter Famine
  • 84 comments
Well, one thing fails to shock me: VEXD wins at Nurb'! :P
There's a certain inevitability about those races...:scared:

Been trying to work out what was going on with the driver shifting between LANs for the different races? It seems 4th & 5th from the 5-way trade places with 4th place from the 4-way, which follows until the last race when no-one seems to have moved? Was there a reason for this, or was it all points related with the points handicaps factored in?
Would've made an interesting final race if Nigel's 'Vette had swapped into the daan/VEXD/Venari mix.

Definitely got to give props to Blacksheep for his representation on behalf of the FWD posse in the Focus. 👍

Last edited:
That was pretty much it. We figured that since the same two drivers were moving every time, we ran out of bothered about it.

In fact, hfs ran a different car for the last race and pre-disqualified himself, because he didn't want to tour round on his todd and wanted to see what a good car could do. In fact he was in the 350Z GT edition which I ranked as the top car of all and ran a better laptime on hard tyres than the Corvettes on medium...

The Dutcho events finished yesterday with VEXD winning from me and Sureboss. Which made calculating the Enduro teams a bit bloody tricky.

The Clio Endurance has begun - 50 laps of Midfield on Soft tyres. Tune in now to the webcam to watch the race Live. That's right, not just live, but Live.

He's right you know... Leaders are on lap 13 of 50 :D

Edit: And we just had a (Mark Webber) network dropout. Which, oddly, lasted 3 seconds and fixed itself... Everyone's still going!

Finished! daan, Sureboss and homeforsummer won, followed by Venari and myself 12 seconds back. Famine and BlackSheep third, VEXD and Tig fourth.

I'm back from The Elf :D

Got back a fair while ago actually but only just got online. Anyway, just to say a big thank you to everybody involved for making it such great fun, a special thanks to Famine for hosting it and an extra special thanks to Milford Cubicle for being an excellent host, keeping us fed and tolerating our lunacy (and my lack of change for takeaways). Apologies to VEXD for the snoring :lol:

I didn't take many photos as others pretty much had that covered, but I did get a couple during the Clio Endurance:

25052009648.jpg

25052009649.jpg

(Top photo L-R Sureboss, VEXD, Venari, bottom photo Famine).

And a couple of the assorted metal present over the weekend:
25052009653.jpg

24052009646.jpg

(Top photo - Freddie's been fly-catching; bottom photo - Daan's 406, Famine's MX-3, Venari's Cougar and my Fiesta, which I pointed out was probably the slowest to 60 by around seven seconds to the next slowest, and around 30mph at the least down on top end too :lol: Not pictured, the VEXD VTEC and the Lolvo)

Memorable races? The ones I won :sly: My non points-scoring Gran Turismo 350Z race, the Clio Endurance along with fastest lap, and many sideways moments in a Mitsubishi "i" at Monaco on economy tyres in the Al Gore Eco Challenge :D Oh, and the slipstream battles with Famine's Insight and my Jazz at La Sarthe in the same series.

All in all, a fantastic weekend and I'll definitely be along to the next one. Look forward to seeing all the vids and photos taken over the weekend 👍

Well, my photos (one of some nutters racing cars, about 5 of a dog chasing bubbles and having a swim and 3 of some American beast) will be uploaded in the distant future at some point.

A very good weekend, thank you to the hosts, Famine and Milford Cubicle, the use of your home, power sockets, food, drink and wireless router was much appreciated. Has to be one of my favourite LANs, felt very homely. Not quite as much racing as normal, but it was still good fun. VEXD was very quick throughout, barring the eco challenge. Famine was Famine. The dog was hilarious.

Team snore ftw!

:) 👍

Hope much fun was had at the Elf... I caught a bit of the live feed, I even spotted what looked like Roo driving the Safety Car at Le Sarthe... is that right? I also got a nice view of what looked like Famine's forehead :D

I even spotted what looked like Roo driving the Safety Car at Le Sarthe... is that right?

Yep. Unofficially. The Al Gore Eco Challenge took us to La Sarthe, where I picked the Audi A2 to go up against an Insight and a pair of Priuses, and was subsequently slaughtered. Parked the Audi, took the Nissan and set about after the others. Apparantly, no you can't catch a trio of hybrids on eco tyres in a sports-medium shod Skyline with a 2/3rds of a lap handicap... I blame the driver.

Photos!

I don't know why some of the thumbnails are wonky - the pictures are fine. Blame Photobucket.

Edit: the thumbnails have fixed themselves. Blame Photobucket :)

Last edited:
We've used 6GB of bandwidth over the weekend. You all owe us some extra!

How many hours did that equate to guys??

I found it funny watching each day of The Elf, watching the reactions. Like some others, audio would be good but yeah, I could imagine what you guys were saying to eachother to a degree during the racing, the curses and frustration. :D

Maybe have a GTP version and then an Over 18's version with audio next time to keep the kiddies safe. ;)

Put it this way - if I repeated on here what I said on just one occasion of me crashing out of the lead, again, I'd rack up enough infraction points to be instantly banned. And then banned on sight thereafter. Famine would have to give himself an infraction just for considering adding audio to the webcam :)

That's why I suggested 2 versions. 1 with audio for adults, 1 without for the kiddies. ;)

But I think I remember seeing that reaction from you Roo. I don't know, I saw quite a few shakes of the head and body reactions of "I give up" after heavy crashing. One of them was the New York race I was watching you guys do.

Roo

I promise I was generally less grumpy than this picture makes me look. I recall getting a text that put me in a bad mood while I was watching the Clio Enduro!

Great shots of me with Indy though Roo, even if the first one makes me look like my legs have just failed...

And as for the A2 (and the Insight, for that matter), it disappointed me greatly that two cars I like a lot were so awful against the three CVT-mobiles. Though Famine was entertaining in the Insight at La Sarthe - we managed to get both the Jazz and the Insight up to 130mph thanks to some crafty drafting :D Though the Insight's slippery shape meant it held 125mph+ much easier than the boxy Jazz.

1003215640x480.jpg

Lan2 - Blacksheep, Venari
Lan1 - Tig, homeforsummer, Sureboss 👍 and Roo (hidden)

1003218640x480.jpg

Venari, Blacksheep

1003219640x480.jpg

Tig, homeforsummer, Roo

1003221640x480.jpg

Roffle

1003224640x480.jpg

L'mao

Thankyou to everyone for a fantastic weekend!
I had a great time, and thoroughly enjoyed the racing, with the exception of one or two results, but all in all OSSUM.
I still think the Motul Civic should be a regular from now on, and also the Mazda6 racecar, but we'll see how long the lans stay on GT4. (that's pretty much it, isnt it.)

I would like to thank everyone there for adding to the fun in their own special ways, but mostly I would like to thank Milford and Famine for hosting the event again, and for being such terrific hosts at that.

You are always made to feel welcome at their place and despite loads of men trawling all over her home, Milford seemed to cope really well. Well done both of you for putting us up and hosting in true style, and for officially sighting my civic as Barry.

I'll probably be back later to mention something about snoring, but for now I have to go, so i'll just add that I hope someone finds my burgers before they go rancid.

:irked:👍

I was cooking the food for the men on the BBQ! Famine has a picture of me doing so :lol:

Hi all. First of apologies for not posting sooner, self inflicted interweb prob's :dunce:.
Well it was nice to meet you all again and we all had a fantastic time. I had fun even though I'm rubbish. I don't know if anyone noticed but I managed to keep up with some of you for at least 1/2 of the 1st lap which is an improvement. last year it was up to the 1st bendy bit (you know I don't do those corner thingy's).
I was very suprised when I got the driver of the meet trophy and appreciate it a lot :):):)
Thanks again.
Tig 👍

Back