UKGTPXIII - The Dertien (No, we're clean) - Interest/Date/Location

• Thread starter Roo
  • 153 comments

Roo

Premium
United Kingdom
Hampshire, UK
GTP_Roo
Rather worringly, I've stepped up to the plate to organise this thing. Nobody's raised any objections or alternatives, so I'm very scared to announce:

UKGTPXIII - The Dertien
(No, we're clean)​

I've secured the use of one of my boss's houses for the weekend (he's not as rich as that makes him sound). As it's not my place, for now all you need to know is it's near Basingstoke, in Hampshire. Yes, in the south. For the regulars it's actually about as near to Basingstoke as Chez Famine is to Middlesbrough. We've got the house for free, but donations are welcome as it's not my 'leccy we're using.

There's enough parking for about a dozen cars. Shops are about a 10 minute walk away.

Date

Spring Bank Holiday - Saturday 29th - Monday 31st May. If people need to, arriving Friday and leaving Tuesday is an option.

Sleeping

We can probably accommodate everyone at the location, so long as some people don't mind sleeping in tents. There's a few beds, and I can provide a double inflatable mattress and a couple of camping beds, but if you own something to sleep on, please bring it.

If you can't stand the thought of being within 50 feet of a snoring Sureboss (understandable), there's a few local B&Bs - but they're all £50 a night minimum. There's also a Premier Inn and a Travelodge a few miles away which are a bit cheaper.

So, Interest:

Definite Yes

Roo
Famine
Jondot
daan
Sureboss
homeforsummer
The Grim Reaper
Car-less
EXelero
Specialized

Definite No

Venari
VEXD

Definite Maybe

kikie

Equipment

I'm aiming for a double LAN - 12 of everything, or one full system for everyone, whichever is less.

11x PS2
10x GT4
14x tellys
8x wheels (3x G25, 4x DFP, 1x DFGT)
7x DS2
17x memory card
3x headphones
4x Network adaptor, if necessary

We also need someone who knows how to make half a dozen PS2s speak to each other. I can make a PS2 talk to a telly most of the time, but that's about it.

Edit: I've kinda lost track of the equipment list, but I'm fairly sure we'll have enough for everyone.

-------------------------------------------

Testing

As mentioned in the other thread, I now work on a farm which takes up almost all my daylight hours. Therefore, after that and Scouts I have little time left. I'll do some testing, but if there's any requests for series past to resurface or volunteers to test cars, let me know. Ta.

I've probably forgotton something. Let me know that too.

Last edited:
I'm in. Mrs. Famine isn't (neither are the dogs).

Hopefully I'll have the mudplugger by then, so if daan, Mrs. daan and huffs want to ship up here, we can throw the stuff in the boot and blow south at 22mpg.

Famine's stuff
3x PS2
3x GT4
8 millon x memory cards (probably 5)
1x DFP
1x G25
All the LAN equipment
2x TV
1x Monitor (in case of Venari)

I've got an 8-LANs-worth-of-testing sheet and probably Venari's too hiding somewhere. I'll ping them your way when I'm next on the bigass PC

Pretty much a definite yes from me. I can get there, and it's not far from my Southern residence (although I'd probably be coming straight down from t'north).

1x PS2 with no network adaptor. Can eBay one if you're desperate.
1x GT4 copy
2x DS2
1x DFP
1x Memory card
1x 17 inch fairly rubbish LCD TV
1x 22 inch Monitor (HDMI/DVI/VGA only... might be some use *shrug*)
1x 26 inch Sony Bravia

Oh and I'd probably stick myself in a Premier Inn. Coz I is posh like that.

Put me down as a definite. Soon-to-be-Mrs daan will be doing other things on that weekend.

I can bring
2x PS2
2x GT4
2x LCD tellys
1x G25
2x DS2
2x memory card

Will there be room for me playseat?

Will we not be on GT5 by then....?

Last edited:
If it'll fit in the mudplugger. What with the funny-shaped bumfles.

I've removed a TV from my list as one of them will have to remain in the house now.

Me.
2x Netadapted PS2s
2x GT4s
2x DFPs
4x Memcards
some CAT5 cables
some 4-way extension cables
an LCD monitor with adaptor
(so basically, you're missing one TV... unless you have a large white wall for someone to play in projectory huge-o-vision.)

You fool. :D

And Mudplugger = 22mpg - BWUAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!

So long as I don't have to do any city driving :D

Perhaps I should fit a Superbird Roadrunner nose to it. And spoiler :lol:

This could be a nice opportunity as it's not that far from the Belgian coast.

Is it possible to park the car behind the house? It's possible for me to sleep in my car.

What you asking him for...it's in my drawer!

PM me the day before he sets off to remind me and I'll chuck it at him.

OK, thankies.

This could be a nice opportunity as it's not that far from the Belgian coast.

Is it possible to park the car behind the house? It's possible for me to sleep in my car.

You can't get round the back of the house in a car (without breaking anything), but at the front of the house has a treeline between the road and the front garden driveway bit.

Can't we just stay at home and play GT5.....

Oh wait.....

:irked:👍

Congrats Roo on your bold move.
I made that mistake once....

If it'll fit in the mudplugger. What with the funny-shaped bumfles.

Mudplugger?

I'm in for this, we have no matches on that weekend, if I need to do other job, I can bring laptop with me and be unsociable at night \o/ (Though that is right around the time we release, but no biggie.)

Equipment:

1x Adapted PS2
1 x DFGT
1 x GT4
1 x little CRT
1 x bigger CRT (if there's room, it weighs about 20kg and is 28" iirc)
Infinite shortbread and any other goodies if we have access to oven and shops can supply food.
2 x mem card

Er, anything else?

WTH is a Donk?

I mean come onnnnnnnnnnnnnn, it was years ago when I made the mistake of turning up before I got the Teins fitted..... don't you guys forget anything?

:irked:👍

The signing is a work of art (especially "Donk-da-donk-donk-donk").

Hmm, I haz a cunning plan, if we is staying in a farmhouse, does that mean I get to cook even moar? I could attempt home made Parmos...

Also, that's like an endless supply of shortbread for the weekend. WOAH!

Assuming I would be able to make it, I would be able to bring 1x TV its a 32" Lucadturv so it might take up a bit too much space. I also have a monitor I can bring. I can bring a DFGT and a G25 (possibly attached to a vision racer).

Chalk me up as interested. :)

Shotgun!

Got the rota for work should be able to make it but working on the 31st but should be able to get it off.
Unfortunately you're going to have to sort out your own transport this time - daan is coming here first and they're going in one car which is going to be full of "stuff" which means there will literally room for two people. That's why I'm not coming along - I can't fit in :lol:

Forgot about this thing!

Count me in. It'll be a nice run out for Danger Mouse.

I can provide:

1x PS2
2x Memory cards
1x Small CRT TV
1x GT4
1x Headphones
1x Working controller
1x Assorted necessary cabling

Might even be able to provide 1x brother, fresh from GTAcademy (near) success. I'll let him know this thing is going on and see whether he can make it down from Scotland. Actually, he has my copy of GT4 and my memory card, so at the very least I'll have to nab them back off him.

My only disappointment is that I'll be unable to kip in the car this time, unlike last time chez Famblicle.

Also, I'll try and have a think or maybe do some testing to see if I can come up with any good races.

Roo, do you want a hand with some testing? I might be able to help in a couple of weeks if so. Just tell me what to do, and I shall abide. Looking forward to this, as it could be my last LAN for a while. :(

Hmmm. This is the same weekend as 'Gary's Picnic'. This is not a good thing.

Back