UKGTPXIII - The Dertien (No, we're clean) - Interest/Date/Location

• Thread starter Roo
  • 153 comments
daan/hfs -Friday or very early Saturday departure? I am, naturally, easy either way.
Roo - Friday or 11am Saturday arrival? I am, naturally, easy either way.

I am also easy. If we decide on a Friday departure I'm fine though as I'll be out of work by 3pm at the latest, and if I take flexi then I can have the whole afternoon off.

In fact, I'd prefer Friday as it'll mean we have more time for fun and games on Saturday.

Hi guys, i am up for this if you'll have me. Missed out on last years meet so would love to be involved in this one. Can suplly a PS3, PS2, Playseat & G25, etc.

Grim (Jamie) 👍

Went looking for a new disk today without any luck, so that puts an end to any testing or practise before the event :(

Good, you were plenty fast enough last time :D

Roo - Friday or 11am Saturday arrival? I am, naturally, easy either way.

Whichever you prefer. You'll need to entertain yourselves for a few hours on Friday night though.

Speaking of which, have we got sufficient tables/wood (not mine) to put wheels and TV's on?

Yes. One of the benefits of being a Scout leader is being able to steal all their furniture.

Hi guys, i am up for this if you'll have me. Missed out on last years meet so would love to be involved in this one. Can suplly a PS3, PS2, Playseat & G25, etc.

Grim (Jamie) 👍

More the merrier! Check your PM box, I'll send you the address. (Ditto Carless.)

You'll probably see us mid/late morning 'cos we can't dispatch of the kids before 9, but we'll bomb down in the van as quick as we possibly can.

Roo could you please pm either myself of Spec with a phone number incase we need directions. His satnav is not always that reliable. I won't tell you where we ended up when he drove us to Alton Towers!!

Roo
Whichever you prefer. You'll need to entertain yourselves for a few hours on Friday night though.

It'll be lateish. I'm not stupid enough to drive on the M1 during POETS day rush hour on a Bank Hollibob weekend. I'll be leaving here no earlier than 6pm, though I'll be taking a sneaky route which will make something of a mockery of Google's 5hr claim.

So I suspect we'll be there around 10.30pm, unload stuff, drink a bit then go to sleep.

Looking forward to this :D

I now notice also that there's an American car show on in Stockton on the same weekend, which is unfortunate timing.
O rly? Unfortunate for you, but oh so incredibly fortunate for me who will still be oop norf :D ;)

O rly? Unfortunate for you, but oh so incredibly fortunate for me who will still be oop norf :D ;)

Ya rly.

I'm not sure where exactly, but my flatmate and one of my friends will be working on a bar there which is how I heard.

In fact (edit: eek, massive pic):

Fins20A420posterjpeg002-1.jpg

Sorted.

due to unforseen circumstances im going to have to pull out of the lan im afraid. Cass has convinced me to buy her a honda beat and the only time we can pick it up is this weekend. We were planning to rock up to the lan in it however theres a problem with insurance so we have to pick it up a day later which will not mean getting the car untill late saturday. if we dont get it saturday we dont get it at all unfortunately!

We will try and pop in on the sunday but we will have to see how things pan out.

cheers

oh and for the record its not my fault that there are two places called alton within 20 miles of each other! F*ing sat nav!

With there being no available internet connection at this LAN, and I might/will need it for work, does anyone that's coming have a broadband dongle I could use? I'd be more than happy to pay for the use of it.

You sir, are a good man. [/englishtoff]

Hmm, just remembered I've not done a beer run yet, or got tonnes of butter for the shortbread.

Sainsburys and an assortment of fast food places are 10 minutes walk away, Morrisons is about 3 minutes drive with free parking.

Theres also a large Tesco's one junction up the motorway, a good pub 1km to the east, and a few more drinking estabishments about 1km to the south - most of which will see me at some time on the friday. Still undecided whether to join you all on the friday night, or stay at a friends where I know there's a spare bed.

Tables and chairs are in. Whoever arrives tomorrow evening needs to be prepared to do some furniture moving - not much, but it's heavy stuff. You have been warned :)

Edit: Nearly forgot - Famine, please can you send me / bring with you the Random Track Generator?

Last edited:
Roo
Tables and chairs are in. Whoever arrives tomorrow evening needs to be prepared to do some furniture moving - not much, but it's heavy stuff. You have been warned :)
Last time I moved furniture, I ended up in the back of an ambulance, and casualty. Please may I be excused if I bring a note from my mum?

I can't remember if Roo-the-Luddite has a PS3. If not, to make populating the memory cards easier, we'll need at least one present. I'd bring mine, but I can't be arsed (plus space will be at somewhat of a premium).

If you could make the Sunday that'd be wonderful, I'd love to have a poke around a Beat.

We were still aiming to come and say 'hello' on Saturday, its just very difficult to fit a tv, ps2 etc into the non exsistant boot of a Beat! So I guess it all depends on which you'd rather have at the lan...? The Beat or racing equipment?

It looks like there's plenty of TV's and just enough wheels, so no need to worry about the bulkier equipment. Headphones and DS2's are a little bit short and they won't take up much of that non existant space.

Besides, it's the people that make the event, not the surplus equipment!

Roo

Edit: Nearly forgot - Famine, please can you send me / bring with you the Random Track Generator?

Meh, they'll be lighter than beer kegs.👍

It looks like there's plenty of TV's and just enough wheels, so no need to worry about the bulkier equipment. Headphones and DS2's are a little bit short and they won't take up much of that non existant space.

Besides, it's the people that make the event, not the surplus equipment!

I'll make the decision then! We'll see you asap on Saturday :)

Back