Under $25K Sports Coupe Shown! YES, Pontiac is Making It! (Photos and such)

• Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 72 comments
Those are the smallest windows I've ever seen. Wow.

Can you say blind spots?

The style isn't doing it for me, but I am a fan of the Sky's style much more than the Solstice's. Maybe a coupe Sky is in the works as well?

It looks much more muscular than the 2002 concept, I'm really diggin' that 👍 If I was super rich I'd import one for sure.

Maybe a coupe Sky is in the works as well?

Hard to say. They'd have to completely re-do the lines on the roof for a Sky, I believe. It wouldn't shock me if we saw one soon-ish, but it seems more likely to see it come down as an Opel first than a Saturn.

We'll see.

^ I would think if the Solstice was designed as a 'fastback' type coupe. Maybe the Sky/GT/G2X might be designed as a 'hatchback' type coupe, like this one:

BMW-Z3-91168.jpg

^ BMW Z3 M Coupe

^ I would love to have one if the 2003 [AP1] S2000 doesn't come to mind. :)

Europe could easily demand it as such, so it could happen. My guess is that the design of the coupe version of the Sky (et al) would be up to the Germans and Koreans more than the Americans at Saturn.

Still, its a rather sexy car. A damn shame it still weighs a lil' bit too much...

Targa top and a fastback? Wow I actually like this, especially GXP version that will, I assume, have the 260hp turbo motor?

Man, the more I look at that, the more I love it.

It's solid enough to handle a rollover, got enough room to haul some groceries around, the coupe/targa execution is gorgeous, I daresay one of the best I've ever seen, as I really didn't know it HAD a targa til I got down to the bottom picture.

Plus, if I got a lot more money, I could cram a LS7 into it later... VROOM VROOM!

Wow.

It looks great!

I think Duke said a long time ago: Pontiac designers + talent and skill = Chrysler designers.

I'm glad to say that time has proven him wrong on at least one count. (Granted, if it was Duke that said that)

I'm hoping that a Sky version is in the works.

👍👍

Solstice + hardtop + ZO6 engine = :drool:

I wonder if Millet (?) will do an LSx conversion on this as well?

Woo! It's a targa! Look at the way they blended the spoiler in! Are those GSD3s as standard equipment!?!? Do you guys realize how much better this is going to grip with those tires as opposed to the crappy horrible ones the GXP gets now?

This car is all win. But good luck seeing out of any of the windows but the windshield...:lol:

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Brad, you failed to mention the biggest and best change besides the roof. The tires. Goodyear Eagle GSD3s. Awesome tires.

EDIT:
JCE
Solstice + hardtop + ZO6 engine = :drool:

I wonder if Millet (?) will do an LSx conversion on this as well?
Mallet. Close. I'm sure they'll do one because they already have an LS kit for the convertible. I don't see why it would be any different.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Brad, you failed to mention the biggest and best change besides the roof. The tires. Goodyear Eagle GSD3s. Awesome tires.

Didn't even notice...

...And now that you mention it, it seems like GM finally got the message that tires can make a world of a difference with their cars. They finally started sticking PS2s on the Corvette, the CTS has them now, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're standard fare on the G8 GXP.

They're learning faster than we thought...

Back