VCRC *Vintage Mixer League* -Sign Ups Welcome- Next race 23rd May

I feel bad for whoever gets the Elan on the Nurb. :sly:

vintagemixtestautumn07s.jpg

:lol:
Well, Nürburgring Nordschleife is just ONE lap of ONE race event for the entire season of 42 scheduled races.
And I'm just not going to feel bad if Zorrin or IMZIZ get it for the Nürburgring Nordschleife race, for instance. :sly: :mischievous: :lol:

Though with my luck I'll get it every race somehow. :lol:

I still need nearly all of the cars and time is running out before the first event. I already have the golf since it's in the OCD...
It's not looking good for me at all...

Sorry you were dropped in priority due to not having the FRs in...
Be sure to update your inventory report.

Otherwise... :scared:
"Refreshing" your UCD can be done (relatively) quickly this way:
- Go to Aspec Beginner Series Sunday Cup
- Load Autumn Ring Mini Race
- Enter race 5 times by "start race", "exit race", & "start race"
- "restart" does NOT work
- Entire UCD will be "just in"

There is this tool for possibly finding out when something will show up in UCD:
http://gt5cars.net/used_car_searches/new
(Thanks Zorrin!)

Will you paint yours poop brown to show your true feelings Melly?

I loved the Elan today, around Monaco she was beautiful.

Will you paint yours poop brown to show your true feelings Melly?
I loved the Elan today, around Monaco she was beautiful.

I like it too... on most tracks.
Definitely not a pooper car in general!!
I just don't think I would do well in it compared to, or against my dearest love,
love.gif
girly.gif
the Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale ‘63
love.gif
girly.gif

sigh.gif

BTW: That's a pic of cc570's Elan above.
You can tell because it's painted one of his maple/cream/beige/custard colours. 👍 :lol: :sly:

My Elan is a cheery Butterscotch. :)
Mmmmm, butterscotch candies! :) :)

I want to join in. I can race only saturdays (Saturdays @ 11am PDT / 2pm EDT / 7pm BST / 8pm CEST / (18:00 UTC))

jammy21/GTP_Jammy

Wednesdays are good for me. Saturday's are a wee bit early, but I should be able to make every other one at least.

Cool, tentative headcounts added. 👍

The test races were pretty fun so I'm looking forward to this. :)

TIP:
Take all your cars to GT AUTO for an oil change, or chassis refresh, or perhaps engine overhaul if needed.
Also check to make sure there's no mods on it so you don't have to fuss with it at the last moment like has happened to me in the past. lol
👍

@ jammy21 : can you confirm that you have all the cars unmodified?

@ RDAardvark: welcome whenever you can make it. And late is fine as well, fyi. Have it set up in the rules if you miss the previous races, you take car #2 because you'll start up front in the RGO. So that's all planned for.

Okay, waiting to hear about the latest car needs inventory.
Get your reports in, and we should be able to get everyone matched up with car gifting.

I'll do my inventory and check that i even have all cars. List have been change since i check it last time so...

Okay well, you're not racing til Saturday, so there's time. Let me know.
The list was cut down, so hopefully the cars you didn't have are the ones that were cut. :lol:

FYI EVERYONE: 76 VW Golf is in the current OCD (Online Car Dealership)!!!

I miss only Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) '68. Other cars ok.

Can i find it from Used cars list if i roll it enough? Or is it prize car?

I miss only Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) '68. Other cars ok.

Can i find it from Used cars list if i roll it enough? Or is it prize car?

👍
Are you using GTP_Jammy acct for this?
Send FR to PSN: jackargent
(if he's not on your FL already)
He will send you the 68 fairlady before Saturday event. 👍
It's not a prize car, and unfortunately, this is a car that does not show up in UCD often. :(
Too bad too because it's a very very cool car! :)

Americas Wednesday 18 April @ 6pm PDT / 9pm EDT / (Thurs 2am BST) (Thurs 01:00 UTC)
Expected participants (tentative head count):
watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n
dabneyd / dabneyd
Cote Dazur / Cote Dazur
Gotbeefboy564 / Gotbeefboy564
Zorrin / Ditquois

For tomorrow, since all involved are playing from an EDT time zone, could we start earlier, like 7H30 EDt or 8H00 EDT instead of 9H00 ?

It is OK. It was just a thought. :-)

If enough of us EDT resident and European Nigth Howl are available earlier than 9h00, we may be able to get there earlier for some non official fun impromptu friendly racing

Last edited:
I finally checked this out and I'm glad I did. I love this idea. I love variety so this will be great fun. I have all the cars, sign me up for the American event tomorrow, I might be able to make the EU event too but I'm not sure. I'll be there for the American event though

@ Handlebar : if you stink up the place at any point, you'll likely have company in your rear-view mirror from me... lol
Special Stage Route 5 is on the agenda. So likely nobody will even spot me in the rear view. I'm positively terrible in the dark. :scared: :nervous: I tend to get lost... way out behind. :eek:

That said, there is a disparity between these cars. Perhaps the ones next to each other on the list are quite close, and it may depend on the track & driver. But the gap increases through the list. IE: #1 & #14 have quite a difference. If I had to guess, ballpark, I'd say this is like having the game shuffle ratio set at 4.
Even the Celica & Lancer, IMHO, can give at least a tad advantage on many tracks over the Spider or Bellet.
Even with 5 or 6 people in the races, chances are, if you come in last in one race, you're likely to have a better shot in the next race. The more drivers in the events, the more noticeable I think it would be.

@ TomBrady : The test races were actually quite fun... so I'm quite looking forward to it myself.
This has been a long time in the making - trying to come up with a way to have an unmodified mixed model race using lots of my favourite, but odd, vintage road cars.
Each of them is pretty fun in their own way. And mixing them up in races should prove to be interesting.

Note: We're also in the process in the Modern Car Race Club, of testing cars for a similar series I'm planning, that one involving 2000+ conspicuous luxury cars. ;)

You can sign me up tentatively for the Wednesday evening races. I'll try to make it, but I apologize if I don't show up.

I painted 11 of the cars Atlantic Blue Pearl, that'll be my colour for these events.

Most of my cars are Black Cherry Metallic / Chrome rims... (with a couple of burgundy/pearl 'almost there...' colors) :)

Most of my cars are Black Cherry Metallic / Chrome rims... (with a couple of burgundy/pearl 'almost there...' colors) :)

All my cars are raspberry red pearl with the exception of the 2 alfas which are daytona Orange (I think)

Oh my... Most of my cars I've used before and they cover the entire spectrum! :lol: :lol:

@ MSTER232 - get those FRs out & we'll work on helping you get the cars. 👍

@mster232: Send me a fr and I can also send cars. Probably best to coordinate this in the acquisition thread.

Checklist 👍
  • FR to PSN: VCRC
  • List of cars ready to be handy for reference
  • Peruse the Race Procedure & Rules in the OP
  • Cars ready with no irreversible mods & any removable mods unchecked
  • Cars prepared with oil change or engine overhaul where needed
  • Cars added to favourites to make easy to find in garage in lounge
  • Reboot &/or clear cache or whatever needed in advance of start time
  • Arrive in lounge at start time or sacrifice the short & informal qualifying opportunity
Note: Mics are still disabled in the lounge because we've been experiencing issues lately.
I may enable them for the Americas event, because that's a time slot where we haven't had many problems in the past.
I have no clue what the issue is. But even I've been experiencing problems now occasionally and I never did before, and nothing on my end has changed. :boggled:

I melon,

Count me in for the european and saturdays event's.
Possibly i'll participate in some american event's too if possible.

Back