Vehicle of The Day

• Thread starter Dagger311
  • 592 comments

What should the future of this thread be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Notice: Nominations are open again, to everyone who hasn't nominated today.

10/4/14: 2014 Aston Martin DB9, nominated by me, @Dagger311 (May have to impose another temporary restriction, if this keeps up :lol:)

kahn_design_aston_martin_db9_front.jpg

Some very detailed specs, and you can find a gallery here. I would highly reccomend checking it out, if only to see pictures of that lovely interior. One of my dream daily drivers, in the evnt I get insanely rich. Unfortunately, keeping with the insanely overpriced aspect most Astons have, this comes in at nearly 200,000 USD.

10/5/14: 1991-2002 TVR Griffith, nominated by @Leggy1.
modelpicture.php

Here are the only specs I found, apparently it's a very rare car.

I agree with you on that, it's a really nice car.
All TVRs are rare. I've never seen one in Finland.
They're not that rare in the UK, you see them a fair amount but, outside of the UK they're very rare.

@Dagger311 The DB9 is from £125K here, which works out at $200K. I guess it's a suitable price for what it is but many cars seem cheaper in the US.

I've only seen a handful of Griffiths, TVRs aren't especially rare though. This car weighed in at just over 1000kg, very quick with it's meaty V8. And beautiful, before TVRs crazy styling years.

I agree with you on that, it's a really nice car.
All TVRs are rare. I've never seen one in Finland.
I've never seen a TVR either.

As for a DB9, at an art gallery in Atlanta. There was also a 599 there, but I was too slow.
IMG_20140823_121055.jpg

@Leggy1 it starts at 189,000 here.

I quite like the Volante, but the coupe is much prettier.

189 grand is too much for that. Bentley is even worse though. If I were to get an expensive luxury sports car, I'd go with a Tesla. Much cheaper, quieter, safer, probably faster from a stoplight, and more fuel efficient.

Wow... Such a dilemma. The randomizer chose one of my favorite cars (nominated by me).
Screenshot_2014-10-06-17-33-17.png

But, for the sake of variety, we'll do another one.

10/6/14: Mini 1275GT, nominated by @Legro.
06-jpg.235181

Wheel base: 2140 mm (84.3 in)
Length: 3181 mm (125.2 in)
Weight: 655kg

Engines: 1275cc (Naturally Aspirated)
Power output: 57 bhp
Layout: Front-engine, FWD

I try to pick one I don't think many people will nominate, keep things interesting.

Never watched the movie, oddly enough.

It has been quite varied so far, from a 22 tonne tank transporter to a Le Mans prototype and an electric car :)

I remember seeing a Herbie film, the power of his engine is whatever he decides, which makes the specs impossible to find :lol:

Powered by Ford and Chevy mostly, there was one with an Aston V8 but that didn't do well. The early ones were open roof Spyders, the others were closed roof like in the picture provided. I didn't specify which version, all of them are awesome and beautiful.

10/9/14: MG ZT-T 260, nominated by @Legro.
mg-z-tt-260-jpg.220014

Wheel base: 2,746 mm (108.1 in)
Length: 4,791 mm (188.6 in)
Weight: 1770kg

Engines: 4601cc (Naturally aspirated)
Power output: 260 bhp
Layout: Front-engine, RWD

Last edited:
ZT-T 260 is one of my favorite estate. ZT-T is good car already, but Ford V8 and RWD makes it even better.

It's sad that MG Rover went bust before supercharged 385 hp model was released, that would have been awesome.

Last edited:
I don't really like estates, but this is one of the few that are pretty nice, just because it's pretty rare over here. Hard-pressed to find any MG here, actually.

I don't really like estates, but this is one of the few that are pretty nice, just because it's pretty rare over here. Hard-pressed to find any MG here, actually.
As far as I know, they didn't sell MG there after 70s.

Last edited:
Back