Vehicle of The Day

• Thread starter Dagger311
  • 592 comments

What should the future of this thread be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Turns out the link didn't have any specs...

Rated at 430 horsepower, but made upwards of 500 in reality. Not sure on weight, pretty sure it was similar to an L88.

Plenty of power, though it has to be expected from a massive engine.

Why are many classic American cars underrated power wise?

Why are many classic American cars underrated power wise?
Insurance costs. The companies lied to make insuring the cars cheaper.

That said, if you had the money to drop ten grand on a car back then, I think insurance was the least of your worries.

Ah that makes sense, but yeah not much need to do it on a very expensive model.

Anyway I love the car, and the stripe looks great.

I don't really care for striped vettes, but tyis one looks good with them.

And the huge bulge in the hood? That thing looks nasty.

10/15/14: 2004-2005 Subaru Forester STi (SG), nominated by @GranTurismo916.
httpimgphotobucketcomalbumsv47Terminator70DSC05235jpg

The only specs I could find is 265 horsepower and a six-speed manual transmission.

And of course, 4WD.

Last edited:
I would absolutely love to have one of those as a daily driver. I've got an '02 Impreza OBS now and I have plans to add a bugeye WRX to my stable as well but I'd take one of these over a WRX for sure.

In this price range, there are other cars I'd rather have, but I definitely wouldn't mind being "Stuck" with this.

So it's been cars and trucks so far, nice to see a change.

I'm not much of a bike guy but that looks very cool.
I'm the only person who's nominated a bike, must not be popular.

Huge Harley fan here. Indian is cool, too.

Yeah, that's why, if you noticed, I tried my best to use "Vehicle" instead of "Car" at every chance I could.

Really should've explained that in the OP though...

Important notice:

I will be on the road for an undetermined amount of time tomorrow. If I get home at an inopportune time to post the VOTD and allow people plenty of time to discuss it, it will be skipped, and two will be chosen Sunday.

Also, we hit 130 active (as in able to be selected) nominations last sunday! Unfortunately, there are only four major contributors to the list (Myself, Leggy1, Legro, and Granturismo916). We need more people. The good news is, between all of the nominations, we have a varied list, with vehicles from all over the world.

10/17/14: 2014 Roush Mustang Stage 3, nominated by @GranTurismo916.

01-2013-roush-rs3-road-test.jpg

Specs.

Here's a Roush Stage 3 I saw one time. They sound amazing.
IMG_20140720_123226.jpg

Important notice:

I will be on the road for an undetermined amount of time tomorrow. If I get home at an inopportune time to post the VOTD and allow people plenty of time to discuss it, it will be skipped, and two will be chosen Sunday.

Also, we hit 130 active (as in able to be selected) nominations last sunday! Unfortunately, there are only four major contributors to the list (Myself, Leggy1, Legro, and Granturismo916). We need more people. The good news is, between all of the nominations, we have a varied list, with vehicles from all over the world.

10/17/14: 2014 Roush Mustang Stage 3, nominated by @GranTurismo916.

01-2013-roush-rs3-road-test.jpg

Specs.

Here's a Roush Stage 3 I saw one time. They sound amazing.
View attachment 241446
Coincidentally, I saw one of these today. Didn't get a pic, though. :(

I like the 2014 car simply because throwback to when they actually looked good. I've seen a few Stage 2s and Stage 3s around with some 427R's though.

I'm not a fan of that generation of Mustang, they certainly do make a nice sound though.
I actually prefer it to the latest generation, it just looks spot on I think.

I actually saw this gen of Mustang a few days ago, an exotic car here. Just a regular one though.

@Dagger311 Yes this thread needs more contributors for sure.

I like the 2014 car simply because throwback to when they actually looked good. I've seen a few Stage 2s and Stage 3s around with some 427R's though.
I've seen a stage 2 before I think. A soccer mom was driving it.

@Dagger311 Yes this thread needs more contributors for sure.
Yeah, not much we can do, aside from hope my signature and this being an active thread will bring people in.

They race them quite a bit up here which is nice. Get to hear them at full sound. But I think they sound like garbage. Don't really like raspy sounding V8s.

10/13/14: 1984-1989 Toyota 4Runner, nominated by @ilikewaffles11.

image-jpg.223293

Layout: Front engine, 4WD

Engine: 2.4L Inline 4 (22RE), 2.4L inline 4, carbureted (22R), 2.4L Turbo charged inline 4 (22RTE), 3.0 V6 (3VZE)

Power: 22R 100 HP (129 ft-lb torque)

22RE: 116 HP (140 ft-lb torque)

22RTE: 135 HP (173 ft-lb torque)

3VZE: 150 HP (180 ft-lb torque)

Transmission: 4 speed automatic; 5 speed manual

@ilikewaffles11, you're out of vehicles on the list. Feel free to nominate up to five more this week.

One of the few Toyotas I actually kind of like, gets a thumbs up from me.

Woops, I completely forgot about this. :lol:

Not that anyway seems to care about my nominations anyway so I guess it doesn't matter. :P

Back