Vehicle of The Day

• Thread starter Dagger311
  • 592 comments

What should the future of this thread be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry it's late, I was..... Emotionally troubled until a few hours ago.

10/22/14: 1978 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am, nominated by me, @Dagger311.
american-muscle-facts-05-0312-lgn.jpg

Specs. And before anyone asks; yes, because of the bandit. :lol:

Smokey and the Bandit is one of my favorite movies of all time, I used to watch it all the time when I was a kid. I absolutely love that car, it is easily the coolest one out of the trilogy.

Smokey and the Bandit is one of my favorite movies of all time, I used to watch it all the time when I was a kid. I absolutely love that car, it is easily the coolest one out of the trilogy.
I'm being honest: I've never watched the movie. Can't find it in stores, and online would be pirating.

I'm being honest: I've never watched the movie. Can't find it in stores, and online would be pirating.

If you can order things online, Amazon has it for $5 or so. If you're a car guy you really do need to see the movie though, it is one of the greats.

37925162.jpg

If you can order things online, Amazon has it for $5 or so. If you're a car guy you really do need to see the movie though, it is one of the greats.
Not just a car guy, a classic muscle car guy. ;)

That's why I wanna watch it, but no credit/debit card to rent it.

Not just a car guy, a classic muscle car guy. ;)

That's why I wanna watch it, but no credit/debit card to rent it.

What a shame. I've seen it in Best Buy, Target and places like that so it should be out there. It is definitely worth the money, too.

I'd like to find a box set, with all three. How are the other two movies?

Terrible. :lol:

The second one isn't too bad but the third one doesn't even have Burt Reynolds as the Bandit. The Snowman (Jerry Reed, fantastic guitar player and singer, too) is the truck driver in the movies and in the third one he takes over as the Bandit. I suppose they couldn't get Burt Reynolds to reprise the role for a third time, he does make an appearance in the third one though.

Terrible. :lol:

The second one isn't too bad but the third one doesn't even have Burt Reynolds as the Bandit. The Snowman (Jerry Reed, fantastic guitar player and singer, too) is the truck driver in the movies and in the third one he takes over as the Bandit. I suppose they couldn't get Burt Reynolds to reprise the role for a third time, he does make an appearance in the third one though.
Alright, cool. I'll just buy the first one then. Thanks.

As for the car itself, I really love the 400cis that were in these. They sound absolutely amazing, especially in real life. No videos can really capture it.

So sorry it's late. I was really busy, then something not so great happened, then I got a really bad headache...

10/23/14: Lamborghini Aventador, nominated by @EF12345678.
lamborghini-aventador-black-hd-jpg.239951

Engine size: 6.5L
MSRP: From $397,500
Horsepower: 691 HP to 720 HP
MPG: Up to 11 city, 18 highway

Body styles

Coupe From $397,500
Convertible From $441,600

It's a great car, but I'd rather have the Kenworth W900 from the films ;)

My uncle has a '74 W900, just like the one from the movie, equipped with a KTA Cummins 600 and everything. I've driven that beast on a few occasions and I've already told the wifey when we have enough land, I'm buying myself one of those suckers. Genuinely some of the most fun I've ever had driving was behind the wheel of that monster.

Another one of those "what if" cars. This thing could have won Le Mans 24H if the project wasn't scraped. And there are very few cars that look even close as good.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay, my tablet is broken. I'm borrowing one to do this.

10/26/14: 1977 Pontiac Sunbird Formula Coupe, nominated by @Slash.
77SunbirdFormulaSportCoupe.jpg

Couldn't find any specs, sorry.

10/27/14: 2012+ Volvo V40, nominated by @Leggy1.
Volvo-V40-fr-1024x688.jpg

Specs.

10/28/14: Jaguar XJ220, nominated by @The Stig Farmer and @Legro.
Jaguar_XJ220_Front_JagMENA.jpg

jaguar-xj220-jpg.220052

@Legro provided these specs.

Wheel base: 2,640 mm (103.9 in)
Length: 4,930 mm (194.1 in)
Weight: 1470kg

Engines: 3498cc (Turbo)
Power output: 540 bhp
Layout: Mid-engine, RWD

Last edited:
Back