Vehicle of The Day

• Thread starter Dagger311
  • 592 comments

What should the future of this thread be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They shouldn't be more expensive. The car was designed to be a cheaper alternative to the Camaro since the Mustang II was spanking the Camaro in performance. The Camaro had more HP but was way heavier.

Maybe they are more expensive now since they are slightly rarer (due to rust, etc). Plus, smog era cars were typically abused because no one "liked" them like the older muscle cars so finding decent examples gets tough. More so since there's little aftermarket for these things as far as I know. As smog cars get more popular lately, theprices go up.

They shouldn't be more expensive. The car was designed to be a cheaper alternative to the Camaro since the Mustang II was spanking the Camaro in performance. The Camaro had more HP but was way heavier.

Maybe they are more expensive now since they are slightly rarer (due to rust, etc). Plus, smog era cars were typically abused because no one "liked" them like the older muscle cars so finding decent examples gets tough. More so since there's little aftermarket for these things as far as I know. As smog cars get more popular lately, theprices go up.
They're getting easy 12k in showroom condition for a 1980. A 1980 base model Camaro would be lucky to hit 10.

For a Monza Spyder? Or a typical base model Monza? A Spyder I could see, but not a base model, espeically not a coupe version.

That's surprising honestly. I wouldn't have expected Monzas to climb that high.

I have been seeing 70s Mustangs going for $10k+ lately too, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

That's surprising honestly. I wouldn't have expected Monzas to climb that high.

I have been seeing 70s Mustangs going for $10k+ lately too, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
Smog cars are on a rise. It's a buyer's market right now. If you know what you're doing, you could make a nice supplemental income off of them, just have to sit on them a bit.

Pretty much. I've been checking out prices on a lot of them lately and they are going up fast. Just in the past two years, if not less, they've increased in valvue by nearly $5,000 and it's climbing rapidly. I expect that to go up as less and less good clean models appear due to general neglect.

11/12/14: 1971 1/2 - 1974 Chevrolet Nova SS, nominated by @Slash, and me, @Dagger311 (I specified the 1974 one, despite them being the same, both mechanically and aesthetically).
1973_chevy_nova_454_iii_by_vickidark-d58j86d.jpg

Specs for a bunch of different Novas.

Nominations open!

11/16/14: Volvo FH16 750, nominated by @Leggy1.
volvo-fh16-2012-wallpaper-background-volvo-1213165544.jpg

Specifications
Engine: D16G750
Displacement: 16.1L
Configuration: Inline six-cylinder
Compression Ratio: 16.8:1
Horsepower: 750 hp
Torque: 2,618 lb-ft
Engine Dry Weight: 2,921 pounds
Oil Filters: Two full-flow, one bypass
Oil Capacity: 42 liters (11.1 gallons)
Emissions: EGR, DPF, SCR
Transmission: I-Shift AT03512D 12-speed automated-manual
Maximum GVWR: 100 metric tons
Fuel Capacity: 1,480 liters (390.9 gallons)
DEF Capacity: 90 liters (23.7 gallons

Read more: http://www.dieselpowermag.com/featu...ndustrial_power_volvo_fh16_750/#ixzz3JH1sqrZX

The latest leader in the Swedish power race. Most powerful truck in the world, just ahead of Scania's 730hp V8.

And very good looking for a truck, those DRLs are stunning at night.

11/17/14: 1995 Ford Mustang SN95 SVT Cobra, nominated by @Celicaas.
1998MustangCobra.JPG

Only info I found was it was offered in manual and automatic, and the engine was a tuned 5.0 V8, making 240 HP and 285 ft-lbs of torque.

@Celicaas Terribly sorry, but I've just realized you also nominated the 1975 Mustang Cobra II that has already been selected. You can find the post under the archives in the first post.

Okay, so didn't get around to it yesterday. Here's two today.

11/20/14: 1958 Land Rover Series II Cuthbertson, nominated by @The Stig Farmer.
1958-land-rover-series-iia-cuthbertson-tracked-conversion.jpg

No specs that I could find.

11/21/14: 1947-1955 Chevrolet 3100 Advanced Design, nominated by me, @Dagger311.
53chevypickup.jpg

Couldn't find specs for this either, all I know is it came with three different I6 engines, and a 3 speed auto. It wasn't until next generation that they got a V8.

Nominated for it being my favorite truck ever.

A lot of people modify normal Skylines to look like GTRs. It gets kind of obvious when you see questionable mods on a $200,000 car.
In Japan it's actually a huge Culture Modifying rare Classics.

There is a documentry on YT about it, sounds criminal to Westerners and plenty of Japanese as well, but it exists.

Edit:

Last edited:
In Japan it's actually a huge Culture Modifying rare Classics.

There is a documentry on YT about it, sounds criminal to Westerners and plenty of Japanese as well, but it exists.
Top Gear did a thing about a pink chrome Lambo Diablo... Was awesome to watch..

Latest Posts

Back