Veilside 4509 GTR - A Supra in Bentley's Clothing

• Thread starter Robin
  • 51 comments

Robin

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I admire Veilside because instead of being like other tuners who just add tacky bits of aero and chrome or paint stuff garish colours like gold they redo the bodywork entirely making it a different car. I particularly love the job they did on the RX7 a while back.

Well here is there lastest attempt at modding a Toyota Supra and it looks like they raided the Bentley parts bin!, I think it looks stunning almost like it was done in house bainstorming what the next Continental GT could look like. You may also notice the Audi R8 lights. I don't know where the rears inspiration has come from but it looks Mustang-ish.

Specs - 1993 Toyota Supra Mark IV, Twin-turbocharged inline six, HKS turbo kit, 680 HP, 595 Lb-Ft, Racing clutch, Custom sports exhaust system, New braking system, New Sports suspension, Carbon fiber panels.

Veilside-4509-GTR-Toyota-Supra-1.jpg

2011-VeilSide-4509-GTR-Toyota-Supra-IV-with-Identity-Crisis-4.jpg

800_533_Veilside-4509-GTR-Toyota-Supra-2.jpg

toyota-supra-veilside-4509gtr.jpg

Robin.

Another horrible creation from a horrible company.

I actually kind of like it... Is that bad?? :) Of course its nothing like their old school kits for the R32 GTR.... but I dont find it as apalling as Mansory for instance.

Veilside is the definition of tastelessness. They are almost solely to blame for the millions of trash-heaps driving around our roads with overpriced and hideous bodykits.

don't like, the body parts (esp teh front) seem to be just 'stuck on' and looks cheap or something

The front reminds me of the JR Rocha G37 but I think this is a better effort. Anything looks better than stock 1993 Supra in 2011 IMO.

Ru-fus
don't like, the body parts (esp teh front) seem to be just 'stuck on' and looks cheap or something

Funnily enough I like Veilside for the very fact that they don't just stick body parts on stock panels like literally every other tuner company, every panel is brand new from the ground up apart from the roof it seems.

Funnily enough I like Veilside for the very fact that they don't just stick body parts on stock panels like literally every other tuner company, every panel is brand new from the ground up apart from the roof it seems.

That's cool and all, but that doesn't make it look less ugly than the other tuner companies. (my opinion) All it does it make it a more expensive, higher quality ugly.

I'd like it slightly more if it wasn't a blatant copy of a Bentley.

If anything it brings the old aston martin vantage v8 to mind.

I saw this in a magazine a couple of weeks ago, looked awful then and still does now. Waste of a Supra IMO. :yuck:

If the front wasnt so Bentley or Aston Martin it was ok! I like the rest of the car and specially the 680hp :sly:!

What's different about tuners sticking on tacky bits and pieces and tuners sticking on entire body panels that are just as tacky?

I in no way like this, but to be honest I liked their Fortune RX-7 kit. They do some bad things though.

I get the feeling that a lot of people would be a lot more open to Veilside's styling if they didn't know the car underneath. I mean, if this, or something else they made, was a new design by <big auto manufacturer here> I feel like a lot more people would like it, but since it's a bodykit, oh goodness it just has to be bad. Just a guess though.

I don't like it. I don't see the need to put that huge Bentley-esque grill on the front? :confused:

I in no way like this, but to be honest I liked their Fortune RX-7 kit. They do some bad things though.

I loved that kit, made a rather standard RX-7 look like a supercar (gave off a Koenigsegg vibe). It was the orange car in Tokyo Drift for those who think they haven't seen it.

I get the feeling that a lot of people would be a lot more open to Veilside's styling if they didn't know the car underneath. I mean, if this, or something else they made, was a new design by <big auto manufacturer here> I feel like a lot more people would like it, but since it's a bodykit, oh goodness it just has to be bad. Just a guess though.

I agree, if this was a genuine Bentley concept car more people would probably think its pretty sweet but because they know that its a conversion they are more willing to find fault with it. To each is own though.

The front end is plainly fugly, the rear end looks quite sleek. All in all, I like it.

Look up 'ghastly' in the dictionary and there will be a picture of this thing. Complete waste of materials, time and effort if you ask me. If Veilside's only objective is to provoke a reaction then they've certainly achieved that.

if this, or something else they made, was a new design by <big auto manufacturer here> I feel like a lot more people would like it

A big manufacturer would never design something like this. It demonstrates absolutely zero sense of design. In fact, (to me at least) it looks like it was the result of a whirlwind in a scrapyard.

I admire Veilside because instead of being like other tuners who just add tacky bits of aero and chrome or paint stuff garish colours like gold they redo the bodywork entirely making it a different car. I particularly love the job they did on the RX7 a while back.

While I think it's more respectable that they make a new car, they have to do a good job with the bodywork to make the car good. Veilside makes the whole car look ugly, instead of just making most of it ugly. For a company that turned perfectly good cars into something actually quite desirable, I'd take a look at what Fisker was doing to the Mercedes CL and SL.

Back