Video Games You Currently Want?

This!

image_2024-05-31_092006395.png

This. Just this. I know what I’ll be playing in September.

Loved the original which came with the PS5, was a very nice surprise. No other game has used the haptics on the controller anywhere as well as AstroTurf Bot.

Looking forward to this.

Loved the original which came with the PS5, was a very nice surprise. No other game has used the haptics on the controller anywhere as well as AstroTurf Bot.

Looking forward to this.
Technically the original was The Playroom tech demo on all PS4 consoles - that no one ever played - and then there was Rescue Mission on PSVR, the best VR game ever (as judged by Metacritic ratings and also by me).

Just pre-ordered it.
I almost pressed the button but then I remembered that Star Wars Outlaws is coming out the week before. Not sure my financial manager would agree to me getting both, cost of living, savings/pension, blah blah blah.

I am genuinely torn between them. At least there is 3 months to decide. Hopefully nothing else gets announced for that release window.

I almost pressed the button but then I remembered that Star Wars Outlaws is coming out the week before. Not sure my financial manager would agree to me getting both, cost of living, savings/pension, blah blah blah.

I am genuinely torn between them. At least there is 3 months to decide. Hopefully nothing else gets announced for that release window.
Yeah you have get the the say so of the financial manager. My financial manager has convinced that I need to wait until Christmas for some games 🤣 🤣

Gears of War: E-Day

Maybe a bit of worn-out franchise, but it's a very nostalgic one, right up there with Halo in terms of top multiplayer Xbox memories in my college years. The new trailer featuring a piano cover of the song "Mad World" was a flashback to a time when it felt like Xbox was the king. I wasn't tearing up when Dom was shown in the trailer, certainly not.

Alien: Rogue Incursion
I am a huge Alien(s) fan and went out to get a PSVR2 when this game was announced, believe it or not. I've been dying to play Alien: Isolation in VR, but that likely will never happen. Fortunately, Rogue Incursion may be the next best thing.

Metal Gear Solid 3 Delta, Astro Bot & maybe he new Assassins Creed but I don't like Ubisoft's pricing practices

Matchbox Driving Adventures.

Poor graphics, clearly a kid's game, no real cars (maybe).
Probably a cheap kids' racing game, not as fun as Hot Wheels Unleashed or deep enough for adults to enjoy.
But I'm interested in Matchbox, so I'll buy this.

If the rumours are anything to go by, they'll likely just be sitting on those to release them closer to the time of 4's release.

If the rumours are anything to go by, they'll likely just be sitting on those to release them closer to the time of 4's release.
Thats what I'm hoping. Whether they are Remastered or not, I'd just like to play them on Switch rather than the motion control Wii versions.

Donkey Kong Country Returns HD

Finally, official version in HD without waggle controls at 60FPS on a Nintendo platform. Still over half a year away though, might just wait a bit extra to play it on the Switch successor with hopefully less input latency and maybe even an achievement system.

Metroid Prime 4 Beyond.

Jerome

I had the Nintendo Direct in the background while working and was only just listening to it really... hearing the Metroid music nearly made me spill my coffee. 7 years of waiting, they put the trailer at the very end of the video! 😂

Not sure if it's so much of a video game that I want but I do want to buy a steam deck next week. I feel like there are a lot of games on steam deck that I will be sure to play on the go.

If you couldn't already tell that today's Nintendo Direct really popped off...

I'm so happy that Zelda is finally getting her time to shine after so long (no, Wand of Gamelon does not count!), with unique mechanics for combat and puzzles too so she isn't a clone of Link. I was pulling for ports of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, but you know what, I'll totally take what we're getting over what I wanted; she deserves this.

This is the third Mario RPG in the span of a year following the remakes of Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario TTYD, both of which I absolutely love. That may seem like too many in such a short time frame, but I promise the market has not been oversaturated with Mario RPGs: the three subseries each provide their own spin on the Mario world and RPG gameplay that make them all worthwhile. Mario & Luigi in particular stands out for its gameplay revolving around independently controlling the brothers in combat and for puzzles, and I'm pleased that it is getting a new game rather than a remake.

Plus remakes of Dragon Quest 1 and 2 on top of 3, a remake of Romancing SaGa 2, a sequel to Phantom Brave, and more… today was a great day to be an RPG fan.

Last edited:
Back