Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage (New Tunes 6/15/12)

Alright, ladies and gents, sorry to keep you waiting, because now it is time for the:

Niku Driver HC 100th post review special!

In GTP tunning world, every garage has "the" car. Often a mighty sports car, usually a Japanese, with the best that the garage has to offer. For example, MFT has the R32, RKM has the NSX, Zedtunes has the Cizeta, and so on. So we come to Harvey's garage. His car should be something unusual, something special and wild, something like this...

TrialMountainCircuit_8.jpg

The Pocket Monster

This is Harvey's first foray into the tunning world of GTP, quite a odd choice, no? People will say "Dude, that is a shopping cart with a puny engine!". The first thing that shows up on the Garage thread. And one hell of a sleeper.

TrialMountainCircuit_9.jpg

Now, there is a problem. Since many of the events that this car ruled are now gone, I had to find a suitable replacement to test this thing properly. And we come to TM, the PD cup. A race that I use to test several cars to see their stuff. And now it is the Pocket Monster's time.

TrialMountainCircuit_10.jpg

Ok, see that thing on the left side of the pic? Yes, that is an RX7. And yes, I'm passing him. How? Via the OMG fantastic handling of this car. The speed is not the most impressive of speeds, until you reach a corner and notice that the car goes much faster than you would expect. A whole lot faster. It's not a normal Kei car anymore, it's a RM without the stickers.

TrialMountainCircuit_11.jpg

Now of course, you're going to get a lot of this during the race. It "only" has 200-plus hp, so don't go all Senna because you can corner super fast. I'm using the Mid-range Turbo kit, which makes the power delivery very peaky if you're driving with the MT. Anything below 5000 RPM is an insult to this car.

TrialMountainCircuit_12.jpg

And now for the shocking part. It's lap 4. That red butt can only mean one thing. The Godzilla. The freaking GT-R. I'm close to a car they call "the baby Veyron"... If that ain't shocking enough, this is:

TrialMountainCircuit_13.jpg

No comment, people, see for yourselves.

TrialMountainCircuit_14.jpg

Now this here is a problem that occurs if you cut a corner the wrong way. Since it weighs about 600 freaking Kilos, it is a featherweight, and therefore, very light on the wheels. Be careful of that.

TrialMountainCircuit_16.jpg

This is the final of the race. Not I have won, I've made the fastest lap. No words can describe this moment. This is a great car. I'll leave it at that.

Thanks for the review Niku.👍👍

Glad you found a suitable race to showcase the "Pocket Monsters" stuff at.:D

Hopefully PD will give us somemore seasonals soon that it.can rip apart as it gets a little upset if kept off.the track to long.:crazy::lol:

You know, even though that thing is the face of the garage, each tuner has his own signature car. Tris has...something, they're all consistently good. ACSR of course has his GT no stripe, and I have...something as well. Commodore GTO?

And you know, you apes a bit of your opening from a previous review I've done. :P

Thanks for the review Niku.👍👍

Glad you found a suitable race to showcase the "Pocket Monsters" stuff at.:D

Hopefully PD will give us somemore seasonals soon that it.can rip apart as it gets a little upset if kept off.the track to long.:crazy::lol:

I'm glad you enjoyed the review. It was my longest by far, and it has a lot of pics too. Oh and by the way, use this here music to enjoy it better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWR3Alo6fZ8&feature=related

Hey, if no one made fun of my nickname, I'll do it! :lol:

You know, even though that thing is the face of the garage, each tuner has his own signature car. Tris has...something, they're all consistently good. ACSR of course has his GT no stripe, and I have...something as well. Commodore GTO?

And you know, you apes a bit of your opening from a previous review I've done. :P

Wow, I didn't even knew you made something similar.:scared::lol: Forgive me, master...:bowdown::lol: As for the signature car, I know that different tuners in the same garage have their own cars. I was going by the "most popular overall" idea. If it wasn't for the Mira, the garage wouldn't be as big as it is now, as after it, many tuners came to the garage (you included:sly:) to work with Harvey. So we should be thankful for that little monster of a car.:)

It's not so much the 'main car' anymore, given that I have 4 Elise tunes (along with other Lotuses), 4 LFA tunes and 3 3000GT/GTO tunes (along with tons of other Mitsus).

Well, in the original days of your garage it was the main car. And after all, your nickname comes from it!:lol: Of course, now, the main focus is the Girl of doom and might, Miss Ryuuko of the 3000 GT\GTO! :bowdown::lol:

It's not so much the 'main car' anymore, given that I have 4 Elise tunes (along with other Lotuses), 4 LFA tunes and 3 3000GT/GTO tunes (along with tons of other Mitsus).

Well it's your banner car. And you have your username named after it. And wasn't it 6 LFAs? Or was that how many of the damn things you own?

And Niku, I'd argue that, contrary to beliefs, ACSR's GT is equally famous here, if not more so than the Toy box XX. :lol:

And Niku, I'd argue that, contrary to beliefs, ACSR's GT is equally famous here, if not more so than the Toy box XX. :lol:

Well, well, I need to have a go in it to see where the praise comes from.:) I just choose the Toy box XX :lol: because it represents all the great things about this place: Unusual car, unusual speed, and a unusual project. And a fun time driving it around them courses and making R35's blush red in anger...:cool::lol:

Well it's your banner car. And you have your username named after it. And wasn't it 6 LFAs? Or was that how many of the damn things you own?

I joined back in 2008, OK? It's been 3+ years since then, opinions do change. Though the name is sticking no matter what.

I own 8 LFA's, but have only released 4 of them. Of the missing 4, one is stock, one's mainly gonna be used later on, one is just a Super GT spec one (or close as possible anyway) and the last is RKM's LFA GT.

I joined back in 2008, OK? It's been 3+ years since then, opinions do change. Though the name is sticking no matter what.

I own 8 LFA's, but have only released 4 of them. Of the missing 4, one is stock, one's mainly gonna be used later on, one is just a Super GT spec one (or close as possible anyway) and the last is RKM's LFA GT.

Ok, ok, calm it down. And wait...you're 14, right? So doesnt mean you were underaged when you joined?

And will we be seeing the GT500 spec one soon?

Wow, that is a lot of great Lexus you have, C.:drool: You gotta love that car to have so many of them, along with the fact you've tuned several of them. Also: PD, don't forget to add a Super GT version of the LFA!:grumpy:

AC's GT was our first Shootout winner. It was kinda cool as AC came to me before that shootout and said hey I know the garage is about tuning oddball cars but why don't we see if we can tune some cars that have a real chance at winning this shootout. I was like sure let's give it a try. He took top honors with that GT and the drivers choice. CSLACR who was an active member of the garage at the time (he had just started his own garage focusing mainly on race cars and high performance types) grabbed the fastest lap time on the road course with his entry. While my "Phantom" tune for the Cien dominated the oval track. Think it helped make people take the garage a bit more seriously as a crew of talented tuners instead of just a bunch of guys having a bit of fun.:cheers::gtpflag:

Ok, ok, calm it down. And wait...you're 14, right? So doesnt mean you were underaged when you joined?

And will we be seeing the GT500 spec one soon?

Yes, indeed. It won't matter now - it only matters if you're at the age at the time.

Since the GT500 spec one is basically a tune styled on the GT500 cars themselves, the settings aren't really changed up enough to make it a true tune. I might have done the same with the Weider Honda HSC but I just went for it in the end.

AC's GT was our first Shootout winner. It was kinda cool as AC came to me before that shootout and said hey I know the garage is about tuning oddball cars but why don't we see if we can tune some cars that have a real chance at winning this shootout. I was like sure let's give it a try. He took top honors with that GT and the drivers choice. CSLACR who was an active member of the garage at the time (he had just started his own garage focusing mainly on race cars and high performance types) grabbed the fastest lap time on the road course with his entry. While my "Phantom" tune for the Cien dominated the oval track. Think it helped make people take the garage a bit more seriously as a crew of talented tuners instead of just a bunch of guys having a bit of fun.:cheers::gtpflag:

Don't just leave my shootout hanging either!!

No offense meant C-Zeta and the fact I won yours was cool but I still feel it was as much luck of the draw as anything else. The base car I got was basically a street legal version of the rally car to start with and its Drivetrain gave it an advantage over some of the other cars. While it wouldn't have been the car I would have chosen for your shootout it was a very easy car to get good performance out of.

Yea, you told me that a while back. I might need you to give me some ideas for my cars in shootouts in the future as I haven't done well in any of them at all. :lol:

Yea, you told me that a while back. I might need you to give me some ideas for my cars in shootouts in the future as I haven't done well in any of them at all. :lol:
If you haven't chosen your car for the current shootout yet try either the Lexus IS200 (or whatever Toyota calls it elsewhere) for a FR or the EXA Canopy for a FF. I can send you my rough tuned Lexus if you want to tweak that instead of polishing it myself and putting it on share. You might talk krenkme into letting you check out his rough tune of the EXA Canopy if it interests you as well.:D

The R-X Speed Test times for the Spectre are:

0-60-100: 2.537/4.541
1/4 mile: 0.955@163mph
Full mile: 22.729@232mph
Top speed: 258.4mph

Faster than my own XV12S because I seem to have a spoiler :dopey: looks awesome too, nice paint job!

Faster than my own XV12S because I seem to have a spoiler :dopey: looks awesome too, nice paint job!

Talk 'bout Veyron type performance... Amazing results!

Thanks for testing it.👍👍 From the mile and top speed I take it you either adjusted the final gear or else I left it on share with it changed as I did have it set so it should have topped out around 215mph.:lol:

Also may have to look at my first two or three gears to see if I can get a bit more low end acceleration primarily out of low and medium speed corners. Surprised it was as close to yours up to 60 but a bit disappointed that it was nearly a second slower to 100mph, indicates I have issues in acceleration, at speeds people are likely to be using, that should be addressed.:D

XDesperado67
Thanks for testing it.👍👍 From the mile and top speed I take it you either adjusted the final gear or else I left it on share with it changed as I did have it set so it should have topped out around 215mph.:lol:

Also may have to look at my first two or three gears to see if I can get a bit more low end acceleration primarily out of low and medium speed corners. Surprised it was as close to yours up to 60 but a bit disappointed that it was nearly a second slower to 100mph, indicates I have issues in acceleration, at speeds people are likely to be using, that should be addressed.:D

Mine come's out of 1st gear at around 85 I think...that may be the answer! :D

Ay! Wallbanger! I found a car I think you'd enjoy. '74 Triumph Spitfire 1500, with 100 horsepower, stock tires and on Eiger Nordwand. Fun for hours.

Ay! Wallbanger! I found a car I think you'd enjoy. '74 Triumph Spitfire 1500, with 100 horsepower, stock tires and on Eiger Nordwand. Fun for hours.
:lol:Have you checked out my "Quicksilver" tune for the Spit? I need to update the tune at some point as it is pre 2.0 but shouldn't be to bad as is.:D

Ah, beat me too the punch ya did. Its the first time I'd seen it. Its now one of my favorites. I'm going build quicksilver, stock its sooo drifty, makes a non drifter feel like a GOD!

Special Announcement
As yet further proof of his insanity Ole Harvey Wallbanger is getting into the movie business!:D:crazy:

I've volunteered to provide cars and tunes to BkS for his project "Ziel Brand".
Would like to invite the rest of the Outlaws and any of our friends such as the parrotheads that might be hanging out here at the Café to check out BkS thread in the main GT5 Forum for the details and some examples of his quality work and look to get involved.
The Café & Outlaw Motorsports Garage is already listed as providing services there so let's make this first foray into the movies a good one!:cheers:

Had a quick look at it, and I will be checking it out further when I can get to my computer and off this app. Congratulations, it looks like a great idea 👍

So…you can't drive, but can do some damn good things to up your business, it seems! :lol:

Anyway…I've been spending too much time around Mafiaboy and the drag squad now…I need to get back to the world of tuning for corners and get some of the cars I've done out of the door…

Special Announcement
As yet further proof of his insanity Ole Harvey Wallbanger is getting into the movie business!:D:crazy:

I've volunteered to provide cars and tunes to BkS for his project "Ziel Brand".
Would like to invite the rest of the Outlaws and any of our friends such as the parrotheads that might be hanging out here at the Café to check out BkS thread in the main GT5 Forum for the details and some examples of his quality work and look to get involved.
The Café & Outlaw Motorsports Garage is already listed as providing services there so let's make this first foray into the movies a good one!:cheers:

Wow, a movie offer! Sounds like Harvey is working hard to get some sponsors...:cool::sly: Gotta check that out real quick.

Wow, a movie offer! Sounds like Harvey is working hard to get some sponsors...:cool::sly: Gotta check that out real quick.

I'm taking part. :D As a drag racer. Fitting, eh?

And your Carlton is coming along nicely.

Actually, it isn't. It's still on share. :P I'll work on it tomorrow. 👍

I'm taking part. :D As a drag racer. Fitting, eh?

And your Carlton is coming along nicely.

Actually, it isn't. It's still on share. :P I'll work on it tomorrow. 👍

Well, they need an expert in the matter...:sly:

As for the Carlton, so far so good, I was impressed with the Incomplete version:)

Latest Posts

Back