Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun"(Final Round Underway)

………

I feel left out of this…

Fack it, ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(゚∀゚)ノ︵ ┻━┻ FIIP TABLES!!!

*Leaves thread*

:lol:

Nope cause I'm currently tied in points with CSLACR in the scored categories but the photo category isn't scored currently and I'm trailing CSLACR there.:odd:

Now if I could move up in drivers choice then we might have a tie breaker determined by weight.:sly:

No matter what it looks like all the groups are running very tight for those top two spots here in the early going.👍👍

I think I have stuffed up somewhere then, at the moment I have you both on a provisional 21 points each?

Onboy123
………

I feel left out of this…

Fack it, ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(゚∀゚)ノ︵ ┻━┻ FIIP TABLES!!!

*Leaves thread*

:lol:

Thanks for nicking my sig :sly: and I feel left out too...

I think I have stuffed up somewhere then, at the moment I have you both on a provisional 21 points each?

According to the official score sheet CSLACR and myself both have 17 points...

@Onboy your in a 3 way tie for second in your group with 14 points so you need to move up in the photos.

Thanks for nicking my sig :sly: and I feel left out too...
You're welcome. :D Yea…but at least you have a V10 thunderstorm to keep you entertained, my Blue Whale makes me feel comfy and relaxed, not what I want.
According to the official score sheet CSLACR and myself both have 17 points...

@Onboy your in a 3 way tie for second in your group with 14 points so you need to move up in the photos.

Yea, but when the other times for the Group D cars come in, I'll be down in 4th…or second last/last.

Onboy123
You're welcome. :D Yea…but at least you have a V10 thunderstorm to keep you entertained, my Blue Whale makes me feel comfy and relaxed, not what I want.

Nope, I have a V10 pixelcar that I still cannot be bothered to drive...maybe when the next DLC pack comes out I shall start playing again

@CyKosis hope you like "Isabella".

Funny your looking for the Photo category to get you into the finals, when it might be the category that keeps me out of the finals!:lol:

I love the new Challenger. I know the reinvented Camaro is probably the better to car to compete in (from what I've read on these pages), but it does look like it's had its face set light to and put out with a shovel..!! Whereas the Challenger is the best looking thing to come out of the States since Cameron Diaz..!!

And that's why you got my vote in the Photo Competition. I wasn't expecting to be 5 votes clear of everyone else, particularly having not voted for myself. I'll keep my fingers crossed until Deadline though, it go all still go horribly Pete Tong.

I'm curious to try a few other cars out as well because the times I've seen so far for my car are a wee bit slower than mine and I ain't the fastest by a country mile. I can't help thinking that I've "learnt" to drive it quickly, rather than it being as quick as it seemed ... if that makes sense. I'll let folks know what sort of times I run, it may be that I'm a better driver than I think, or that I know the tracks quite well now, who knows..??

{Cy}

Im so slow. Of course, all the cars I'm against have double the cylinders, and extreme race heritage, well, except ooppssorry.

Im so slow. Of course, all the cars I'm against have double the cylinders, and extreme race heritage, well, except ooppssorry.

Well, that might be the case, Sir, but I'm a big fan of Scoobaroos, so I'll probably take yours for a spin tonight too 👍

{Cy}

I would be able to comment on that if you accepted my FR so i could test the car :P same goes to CyKosis1973 :P

yes i have patience but i wanna drive those cars :D

Terror_dog, I'll get you added as soon as I'm home.
Cykosis, I love scoobs too, just sold my 96 impreza wagon (that car gave me my name), but I'm about to sell my jeep to pick up a legacy gt sedan. Or maybe another older impreza sport. Not a fan of the bug eyes, and anything newer is a touch outta my price range.

Rallywagon

Mines just a four door supra wanna be. Lol, I'm slow (hopefully) because the car is slow and not my tune.....

Last edited:
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..!! Where's "Isabella"..?? Give her to me NOOOOOOOOOOW..!!

I've just finished running Praiano and Hami's Masers and Dragonthing's Beemer. I'll post once Captain Desperado GIVES ME THE KEYS..!!

{Cy}

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..!! Where's "Isabella"..?? Give her to me NOOOOOOOOOOW..!!

I've just finished running Praiano and Hami's Masers and Dragonthing's Beemer. I'll post once Captain Desperado GIVES ME THE KEYS..!!

{Cy}
She should be on share.:confused:

She should be on share.:confused:

Nope :grumpy: I can see a Golf, a pickup, a Bugatti Bettle and a Fat Panda (sp intended). Give me the darn keys..!! Natty outfits for your Bobs btw... :sly:

I would be able to comment on that if you accepted my FR so i could test the car :P same goes to CyKosis1973 :P

yes i have patience but i wanna drive those cars :D

FR accepted, good Sir 👍

Terror_dog, I'll get you added as soon as I'm home.
Cykosis, I love scoobs too, just sold my 96 impreza wagon (that car gave me my name), but I'm about to sell my jeep to pick up a legacy gt sedan. Or maybe another older impreza sport. Not a fan of the bug eyes, and anything newer is a touch outta my price range.

I don't mind the bug eyed ones as much as I do the current gen. When they first came out, I puked in my hat, but in a contest with the current 'hatch-back', I'll take the bug eyed monster.

I used to go watch this rally every year:

http://www.rallyesunseeker.co.uk/index.html

So I saw a lot of the older gen Scoobies getting properly ragged around the forests.

The biggest draw to the event though was the battle between a guy called Marcus Dodd (who is the son of the guy who owns and runs Sunseeker, and as such can afford to buy last years WRC machines) and a guy called Andy Burton, who, in typically 'British' fashion, built this in his shed:

http://www.peugeot-cosworth.co.uk/

I just wish I could build something like this in GT5. It looks the business, sounds the business and goes like a freight-train. One of the last times I went, on the fast tarmac stage, I saw him put it into a tree, sideways, at about 80mph. The car connected solidly in the centre of the driver’s door and pushed the whole thing in by a good 12". Both he and his co-driver walked away from it, shaken if not stirred..!! One of the hardcore rally spectators told me he was up by 18 secs on the next fastest car at that point, including what would have been the previous years Ford Focus WRC. Happy days...

{Cy}

Just to say the Jackthalad BMW M3 Coupe '07 come with the TC set at five. Need to take this out. I drive 10 laps monza before i saw this. Thanks

Just to say the Jackthalad BMW M3 Coupe '07 come with the TC set at five. Need to take this out. I drive 10 laps monza before i saw this. Thanks
PSN/PD is apparently all messed up currently. I just finished testing Jackthalad's M3 and the TC was set to off.

CyKosis tells me that "Isabella" has TC set at 5 when I've most definitely been running it off.

Cars I had on share yesterday weren't on share this morning when I got off work. A car I made sure to remove ballast from before re sharing was still showing the ballast after I shared it so I had to remove it from share and put it back on share...think some are still seeing that car with ballast on it.:mad::confused::odd::crazy:

XDesperado67
PSN/PD is apparently all messed up currently. I just finished testing Jackthalad's M3 and the TC was set to off.

CyKosis tells me that "Isabella" has TC set at 5 when I've most definitely been running it off.

Cars I had on share yesterday weren't on share this morning when I got off work. A car I made sure to remove ballast from before re sharing was still showing the ballast after I shared it so I had to remove it from share and put it back on share...think some are still seeing that car with ballast on it.:mad::confused::odd::crazy:

I had this problem a lot. Almost always when I share a car as soon as I sign off it wouldn't be on share anymore. The TC being on is a new thing. I would go to practice and turn it off and like 4 days later go there again and it would be on.

This is only a quick test of a select few cars that I wanted to try. I didn't turn on real grip or tyre and fuel wear and only ran the cars for a handful of laps, so take a bit of time off and add a bit of time on ;)

Dragonthing BMW M5 '08 "Sturmdrachen"
Monza - 1:44.229 (1:42.851)
London - 0:55.043

Brakes, wha da..?? At Monza I couldn't understand why the brakes were setup the way they are. Almost every corner I went into the rears lock the instant I touched the brakes and it was all over. Red tyres mean no grip :( I set the brakes to a much more neutral front bias and instantly knocked out the above 1:42. However, that being said, at London I understand completely. The bias really helped to bring the whole thing under control and turned the nose in beautifully. Morale of the story, 5/10 good for tight, low speed track, bad for open, high speed track.

Motor City Hami Maserati GranTurismo S '08
Monza - 1:43.661
London - 0:54.993

Great car, great build. Lots of fun and encouraged some bad behaviour. That being said, I could be pretty rough with it and it wouldn't spit me into a hedge. It takes a fair bit of lairyness to get it sideways. A touch of oversteer going into corners and a touch of power related understeer on exit. Play nicely and this car will treat you well.

praiano63 Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
Monza - 1:43.439
London - 0:54.799

A sublime car. And confirmation of how important I think spring rates are. Looking at the set up, this car couldn't be any simpler. Particularly at London, I often found myself clipping the inside of corners. By all rights, this car and all of the others should want to push wide in corners. They're big and powerful and require a delicate hand. Not this car though, you tell it what to do and it does it, without question or hesitation. Bravo Sir.

XDesperado67 Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 "Isabella"
Monza - 1:41:590
London - 0:53.930

And finally, Isabella. What a joy she is to drive, much like my Jaaaaag, but far politer. She's a big girl and has plenty of clout, so you do have to measure your speed into and out of corners, but the margin you have to work within is large. If things do get a bit squirrely and the rears heat up, don't worry, it'll all be under control quickly.

Thanks for the grins folks. If I get the time, I'll try some more out and let you know how I get on :)👍

{Cy}

Hope it hasnt caused problems.

TCS should be set to 0.
Thanks

I copy this on Mr Grado post , thaks to him, it's clean and easy to see, i will not post comments just notes. I don't have any time for GT5 this next week, i will publish now the results i have and more when possible.

Times: London

GROUP A
53.854 *XDesperado67 Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 "Isabella"
51.599 wildheart90 Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09
54.700 CyKosis1973 Jaguar XKR Coupe '10
55.393 oopssorryy Lexus GS300 '00
55.598 Rallywagon C-Fresh Tuned Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen '00
51.642 CSLACR Dodge Viper ACR*

GROUP B
52.975 Indy Racerfan SLR AMG "Breaking Wrist"
53.612 DigitalBaka Ferrari California '08 GT "Solar Flare"
50.493 madmyk Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09*
54.676 Jackthalad BMW M3 Coupe '07
54.963 sean10mm Audi RS6 Avant '08
00.000 GPdesign

Times: Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicane)

GROUP A
1.41.235 *XDesperado67 Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 "Isabella"
1.38.425 wildheart90 Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09
1.42.133 CyKosis1973 Jaguar XKR Coupe '10
1.45.934 oopssorryy Lexus GS300 '00
1.47.609 Rallywagon C-Fresh Tuned Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen '00
1.35.175 CSLACR Dodge Viper ACR*

GROUP B
1.37.747 Indy Racerfan SLR AMG "Breaking Wrist"
1.42.346 DigitalBaka Ferrari California '08 GT "Solar Flare"
1.33.627 madmyk Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09*
1.46.131 Jackthalad BMW M3 Coupe '07
1.45.915 sean10mm Audi RS6 Avant '08
00.000 GPdesign

Drivers Choice

Group A
1.wildheart90 Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09 - 9.5/10
2.CSLACR Dodge Viper ACR* - 8.5/10
3.XDesperado67 Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 "Isabella" - 7/10
4.CyKosis1973 Jaguar XKR Coupe '10 - 7.0/10
5.Rallywagon C-Fresh Tuned Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen '00 - 6.5/10
6.oopssorryy Lexus GS300 '00 - 6.0/10
Group B
1.Indy Racerfan SLR AMG "Breaking Wrist" 9.0/10
2.DigitalBaka Ferrari California '08 GT "Solar Flare" 8.5/10
3.madmyk Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09* 8.0/10
4.Jackthalad BMW M3 Coupe '07 7.0/10
5.sean10mm Audi RS6 Avant '08 7.0/10
6.none

Finish with the A & B group, sorry ,i can't play GT enough this time to make others groups.
I've change the note of wildheart90 Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09 - 9.5/10 ,more 0.5 point ,just to say this is the best car for me,it's easy to tune a good FWD but difficult to tune an excellent like this one.
Congratulations for everybody. Well done, great cars ,for the weight they have.

Finish with the A & B group, sorry ,i can't play GT enough this time to make others groups.
I've change the note of wildheart90 Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09 - 9.5/10 ,more 0.5 point ,just to say this is the best car for me,it's easy to tune a good FWD but difficult to tune an excellent like this one.
Congratulations for everybody. Well done, great cars ,for the weight they have.

Ouch, 4th place at both tracks and in the same Group as Praiano's favourite and only 4th favourite to drive. I am in trouble..!! :ouch:

I wish I made some interim notes and could get my car back to 48hrs before I submitted it. I think you would have been 1 second quicker at Monza and 0.5 second at London. That wouldn't have helped me much in the speed contest, but you might have enjoyed the ride more than the beguiling Isabella. Damn her and her sassy orange hips :grumpy:

As ever, thank you for your time and efforts...

{Cy}

This is only a quick test of a select few cars that I wanted to try. I didn't turn on real grip or tyre and fuel wear and only ran the cars for a handful of laps, so take a bit of time off and add a bit of time on ;)

praiano63 Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
Monza - 1:43.439
London - 0:54.799

A sublime car. And confirmation of how important I think spring rates are. Looking at the set up, this car couldn't be any simpler. Particularly at London, I often found myself clipping the inside of corners. By all rights, this car and all of the others should want to push wide in corners. They're big and powerful and require a delicate hand. Not this car though, you tell it what to do and it does it, without question or hesitation. Bravo Sir.

Thanks for the grins folks. If I get the time, I'll try some more out and let you know how I get on :)👍

{Cy}

Thanks for the test.

Hope it hasnt caused problems.

TCS should be set to 0.
Thanks

No problems at all, i think it do this sometimes when you use the settings sheets. Just need to do a quick check before driving..:)👍

Back