Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun"(Final Round Underway)

We shouldn't be allowed to vote for ourselves... :facepalm:

Ironically, we weren't allowed to vote for our own photos last time and I did. This time round we're allowed and I voted for everyone but myself..!!

Thought I'd try to restore my karmic balance, seems to be working too as I've got a bucket load more votes than last time...

{Cy}

CyKosis1973
Ironically, we weren't allowed to vote for our own photos last time and I did. This time round we're allowed and I voted for everyone but myself..!!

Thought I'd try to restore my karmic balance, seems to be working too as I've got a bucket load more votes than last time...

{Cy}

Funnily enough, I voted for myself! The only vote I have, too...I couldn't care less, as I have already stated many times, I do not expect to come close to winning. Hell, I only entered in hope that maybe, just maybe, I would actually have fun :dopey:

Last contest, partway through I had 1 vote :grumpy: Might have ended up there too, didn't check after that my results were so pathetic..:banghead:. At least I'm ahead of that pace this time...lol...

nomis3613
Monza times are up (just waiting for FR from oops_sorry). I'll admit my lap times are always slow, but hopefully they're in the right order!

Incomplete results

Times: London

00.000 XDesperado67 Dodge Charger
00.000 wildheart90 Murcielago
00.000 CyKosis1973 Jaguar XKR Coupe '10
00.000 oopssorryy Lexus GS300 '00
00.000 Rallywagon C-Fresh Tuned Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen '00
00.000 CSLACR Viper ACR

Times: Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicane)

1:42.0 XDesperado67
1:39.5 wildheart90
1:43.4 CyKosis1973
x:xx.x oopssorryy
1:49.6 Rallywagon
1:36.3 CSLACR

Drivers Choice

Group A

Comments

XDesperado67
wildheart90
CyKosis1973 Jaguar XKR Coupe '10
oopssorryy Lexus GS300 '00
Rallywagon C-Fresh Tuned Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen '00
CSLACR

I'm hosting their car. They do not have Internet.

I have 8!!! I thought I'd be at least -3 or something lol. Still doesn't help, the others are on 9 and 10. It's one thing looking good but I really don't think mine will score high on the track

How does this work exactly. So we are all in groups and the winners of each group than go against each other? Do all the testers than test the final group? I assume the same thing happens for the photos?

Woohoo two votes so far for my photo this time. At this rate I'll be good at it in about five years. :rolleyes: Congrats to those who can work a camera though as for me I think I'll leave it to the pros from now on.:dunce:

Last edited:
How does this work exactly. So we are all in groups and the winners of each group than go against each other? Do all the testers than test the final group? I assume the same thing happens for the photos?
The top two scoring cars from each group go on to a final round.
I will announce 2 new test tracks when I announce who goes on to the final round.
Tuners will have 48 hours to make any adjustments they want so you might see things like more or less ballast used to try and effect the performance or weight categories. Also new photos may be submitted but are not required.

Test Drivers will be able to sign up once the new test tracks are announced. All the same categories will be used just the tracks will be different.

Woohoo two votes so far for my photo this time. At this rate I'll be good at it in about five years. :rolleyes: Congrats to those who can work a camera though as for me I think I'll leave it to the pros from now on.:dunce:

How about next Event, I take the picture of your car and in exchange, you build my car for me :sly:

{Cy}

XDesperado67
The top two scoring cars from each group go on to a final round.
I will announce 2 new test tracks when I announce who goes on to the final round.
Tuners will have 48 hours to make any adjustments they want so you might see things like more or less ballast used to try and effect the performance or weight categories. Also new photos may be submitted but are not required.

Test Drivers will be able to sign up once the new test tracks are announced. All the same categories will be used just the tracks will be different.

WoOOOooO so after this it's going to be a final round at another couple tracks. Awesome! Let's hope sarthe no chicane is one of them

How about next Event, I take the picture of your car and in exchange, you build my car for me :sly:

{Cy}

Aww, I'm just being a harsh critic of myself. I should be more optimistic seeing that I've only snapped about 6-8 pics since I read up on how to use the ingame camera for this event. The pic looks dull on my computer but it is crisp on my TV maybe because of the higher resolution idk. I'd be happy to build a car for ya but the cars I've driven of yours are very good without me fumbling about tuning them.:cheers:

shmogt
WoOOOooO so after this it's going to be a final round at another couple tracks. Awesome! Let's hope sarthe no chicane is one of them

Autumn Ring Mini and Deep Forest :lol:I :dopey:

Aww, I'm just being a harsh critic of myself. I should be more optimistic seeing that I've only snapped about 6-8 pics since I read up on how to use the ingame camera for this event. The pic looks dull on my computer but it is crisp on my TV maybe because of the higher resolution idk. I'd be happy to build a car for ya but the cars I've driven of yours are very good without me fumbling about tuning them.:cheers:

Yeah, I beat myself up throughout these Events. I'm never convinced I've done a decent job until all the times and comments come in (and even then, I still think people are just being nice to "the odd man who lives on the hill") :)

I've been knocking out photos with GT for a while now. My wife bought herself a Panasonic Lumix G3 the other day (and bought me a DMC-TZ8 at the same time, sweet) and my kid brother is a semi-am-pro photographer as well, so I've got something of an interest.

It's a shame that a lot of the quality is lost between PS and PC. Even exporting to XMB, I find the quality drops. If I'm going to share a pic on the net, I tend to take it slightly darker than I want and it'll lighten up nicely for viewing on a computer.

I'll be tapping my bro up for a few lessons on Photoshop :D:tup:

{Cy}

krenkme
Autumn Ring Mini and Deep Forest :lol:I :dopey:

sheephead99
Deep forest is good :) I think it should go international and visit laguna seca or Suzuka :)

All the tracks to totally screw my car lol. I think it should be one speed track and one medium city track to keep it somewhat the same

A veyron would handle laguna seca better than my merc. It spins in a straight line lol. Tokyo is a mix of both, a high speed straight then a few corners to mix it up. Could have monte Carlo and high speed ring

All the tracks to totally screw my car lol. I think it should be one speed track and one medium city track to keep it somewhat the same

I just said those two because it would be fun to see some of these boats turning laps at the mini Ring :lol:

My car wouldn't mind racing at Daytona :D

My Approach (DFGT)

Each car was thoroughly tested with 25+ laps at each track. A couple of warm up stints to get used to the car and then time attack after that. What I’m looking for in any car above all else is balance between front and rear grip leading to even tire wear front and back, stability on entry and exit, and predictability in handling leading to consistency in lap times. Part of my enjoyment of any car also comes from sound as I tend to run my surround fairly loud.

Overall I found the cars much better than I expected, especially the RWD cars. Keep in mind in these reviews that I’m comparing them not to average but to a very high standard. Because they were all of good to high quality, the room for distinction between them is small, and therefore the smallest of imperfections must become big to be able to separate them from each other.

My overall rankings reflect my overall feel of the car and my ability to attack the course with confidence as well as how close I believe the tunes are to the potential of the particular car. Therefore a slower car that drove well, will usually receive a better score than one that was more difficult to control but faster.

Lap Times London

54.271 tris_73 - Mercedes Benz SL65 AMG (R230) 04'
52.016 ACSR421 - Lamborghini Murcialago LP670-4 SV 09'
51.818 krenkme - Nissan GT-R
54.950 Motor City Hami - Maserati Gran Turismo S 08'
51.350 Shmogt Bugatti - Veyron 16.4 09'
53.604 nomis3613 - Mercedez Benz SL65 AMG 04'

Lap Times Monza

1:43.646 tris_73 - Mercedes Benz SL65 AMG (R230) 04'
1:36.219 ACSR421 - Lamborghini Murcialago LP670-4 SV 09'
1:36.440 krenkme - Nissan GT-R
1:43.930 Motor City Hami- Maserati Gran Turismo S 08'
1:33.985 Shmogt Bugatti - Veyron 16.4 2009
1:40.440 nomis3613 - Mercedez Benz SL65 AMG 04'

Driver's Ranking Group C

1. ACSR421 - Lamborghini Murcialago LP670-4 SV 09'
2. tris_73 - Mercedes Benz SL65 AMG (R230) 04'
3. nomis3613 - Mercedez Benz SL65 AMG 04'
4. krenkme - Nissan GT-R
5. Shmogt Bugatti - Veyron 16.4 2009
6. Motor City Hami- Maserati Gran Turismo S 08'

Comments:

tris_73 - Mercedes Benz SL65 AMG (R230) 04'

I thoroughly enjoyed driving this car. I swear I drove about 10 laps in a row over two stints and shaved off time every single lap before I hit the wall. Handling was excellent for a car of this weight and being RWD at both Monza and London. Had to take care with the throttle at London but was very controllable and predictable under hard acceleration. Was great over the curbs at London and very easy to turn consistent laps. Gained significant time by shifting at least 1000 rpm below the redline, especially at Monza, Lap times would have benefited to some degree with a six speed transmission if one was available. Had a tendency to slightly overheat the front tires under extremely hard and slightly late braking as you might expect for a car of this weight. Braking slightly earlier helped a lot and improved laptimes. Overall a great drive and lots of fun. 9.0/10

London - 54.271
Monza - 143.646

krenkme Nissan GT-R

Very fast, ultimately a good lap time. Required a great deal of precision with all steering, brake and throttle input. Back end was fairly easy to get loose on entry or exit with a slight imbalance and the effect worsened as the tires wore. Controllable with very precise inputs but inconsisent as little mistakes were magnified. Best car exiting Parabolica to the front straight. For me, once some tire wear kicked in after 3 or 4 laps, fast, consistent lap times were impossible. Looseness was an issue through the esses at London and the chicanes at Monza sometimes. Could have benefited from a higher front torque bias possibly and a grippier rear end. With some tweaking could be a great car but overall still a very good ride 8.0/10

London - 51.818
Monza - 136.440

nomis3613 - Mercedez Benz SL65 AMG 04'

For a tank on wheels it handled very well. Fastest of the RWD’s by quite a bit. The feel was a little soft but handling was good and very predictable at Monza if not quite so sharp. Good balance between front and rear grip. Braking distances were solid and braking was stable and very good for a car of this size. Only serious issue I had was with the front tires burning up under heavy braking. Best laps were turned with tires being red on entry sometimes. If you braked early enough to avoid burning up the tires the you lost significant time. So running good laps meant very high tire wear, nearly as bad as the Veyron. In London, you had to modulate the throttle to keep the rear in check but it was manageable, however after 5 laps or so tire wear on the rear was high enough to imbalance the handling and make fast laps impossible. Overall I really enjoyed driving the car and if it had less of an issue with the front tires at Monza it would have significantly improved the overall score but I'm not sure it's something you can tune out of this heavyweight at those speeds. 8.0/10

London - 53.604
Monza - 140.440

Shmogt Bugatti - Veyron 16.4 09'

I fully admit I did not expect much from the Veyron and was pleasantly surprised. Fastest car of the lot in a straight line as you would expect and in overall lap times. Crazy fast at Monza. Tire wear was brutal as you would also expect with this tonnage and HP. Handling was good for size and weight but not quite the corner grip of the Lambo or GT-R, again as you would expect. Acceleration was insane. Hard to judge braking distances because of the extremely high speeds but they were huge. Basically a race between corners and trying to get around the corners in good enough shape to be ready for the next straight. Significant tire wear and worst of the lot, meant returning to the pits every three or four laps because you just couldn’t keep up any pace on the worn tires. Overall a very impressive tune for a difficult to tune car, but not really fun to drive as a race vehicle. When you were done you felt not as if you had merely driven it, but more that you had raced from corner to corner and survived it. 7.5/10

London - 51.350
Monza - 133.985

Motor City Hami- Maserati Gran Turismo S 08'

I did not expect this to be the fastest of this bunch but I have to say overall this was the only one I was a bit disappointed in. Turn in was very sharp, but too sharp in my opinion. Combined with what felt like a high rear brake bias and a very active Accel LSD, it was loose both on exit and entry, especially after lap 3 and 4 at either track. It also lead to significantly higher tire wear on the rear so the later you got into the run the looser it got, making faster laps and control increasingly difficult for me beyond about lap 3. Was difficult to lay down consistent lap times. I felt that toning down the rear brake bias and Accel and possibly decel LSD could significantly improve the overall character of the car and even out the tire wear. Overall the most difficult to drive and I never really quite felt comfortable with it beyond the first couple of laps. Has great potential with some more tweaking.
7.0/10

London - 54.950
Monza - 143.932

ACSR421 - Lamborghini Murcialago LP670-4 SV 09'

Not the fastest but it was close. Excellent stability under braking and turn in. Exit and entry was smooth, fast and predictable at Monza. Best car in very fast first corner at Monza. Easiest car to push hard. Best tire wear. Felt the gearing could have been a little taller from 1-3. Larger gap between 3 and 4 may have hurt lap times at both tracks along with the lack of a useful first gear. Probably would have benefited from a custom transmission. Was excellent over the curbing in the esses at London in the first few laps. Overall a great ride, fun to drive, predictable and stable in all aspects. Best tire wear by far and well balanced front and rear. Turned my fastest lap in London on lap 6 of one stint, whereas most others were fastest in the first or second timed lap. Best of the bunch in my opinion with no serious flaws.
9.5/10

London - 52.016
Monza - 136.219

Group A Testing

Lap Times London

53.958 - XDesperado - Dodge Challenger SRT8 08'
52.571 - Wildheart90 - Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 09'
54.461 - CyKosis - Jaguar XKR Coupe 10'
55.996 - Oopssorryy - Lexus GS300 00'
55.610 - Rallywagon - Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen 00'
51.957 - CSLACR - Dodge Viper ACR

Lap Times Monza

1:41.453 - XDesperado - Dodge Challenger SRT8 08'
1:38.336 - Wildheart90 - Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 09'
1:41.848 - CyKosis - Jaguar XKR Coupe 10'
1:45.061 - Oopssorryy - Lexus GS300 00'
1:48.022 - Rallywagon - Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen 00'
1:35.114 - CSLACR - Dodge Viper ACR

Drivers Ranking Group A

1. CyKosis - Jaguar XKR Coupe 10'
2. XDesperado - Dodge Challenger SRT8 08'
3. Oopssorryy - Lexus GS300 00'
4. Wildheart90 - Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 09'
5. CSLACR - Dodge Viper ACR
6. Rallywagon - Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen 00'

Comments:

XDesperado67 - Dodge Challenger SRT8 08’

I’ve really only driven this car out of the recommended garage and I always liked it’s handling and was hoping it would be much the same. It did not disappoint. Turn in was both sharp and balanced at Monza and exit was smooth and fast. The car was predictable and balanced all over the track. Tire wear was slightly higher than average but even as the tires wore the car remained balanced, a hallmark of a good tune. In London again the car was smooth and predictable but I felt the LSD was a bit too active although it was controllable if you were conscious of it. It was particularly good in the esses. Tire wear was about average here but you really had to take care of the back end after the first few laps. Overall a very good ride and great lap times for a RWD non-supercar. Could probably be improved a lot for me personally by toning down the Accel LSD. 9.0/10

London - 53.958
Monza - 1:41.453

Wildheart90 - Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 09’

I was expecting good things from this 4WD supercar especially after testing an earlier Lambo. I found myself a little on the fence about it overall when I was done. On the downside it felt a little soft and sluggish on both entry and exit, and overall grip seemed to be a little off although on the upside it was both balanced and predictable. I found myself a few times running wide on exit and entry, ended up braking earlier than I thought I should have to be sure and hit the apexes. Braking was good and I was able to brake into the corners fairly well, but you had to trail brake to get it turn in sharp enough. Tire wear was also very good. London was much the same, you had to brake slightly earlier but if you could manage it, you could brake into the corner to compensate. Had to get on the throttle slightly late to ensure staying off the walls on exit. This tune would be well suited to an endurance race with a little more relaxed pace and the tires would probably outlast everyone else, and although it didn’t light my fire it didn’t throw water on it either. 8.0/10

London - 52.571
Monza -1:38.336

Cykosis1973 - Jaguar XKR Coupe 10’

What an exceptional car and tune!! This was the most enjoyable ride of all the cars I’ve tested so far, in both groups. An extremely well balanced ride everywhere on both tracks. Perfect on the first corner at Monza and planted like glue in the first chicane. Exiting Parabolica at full throttle as the tires wore on, the back end started to step out, but ever so slowly and predictably so that all you had to do was ease off the throttle 25% or so and power right on through. At London again the handling was superb, handled the esses with ease, turn in and exit was sharp but not overdone and imbalanced. Ran many laps over and over within a few tenths. Gearing was also good as I could use first gear and roll on the throttle at London to shave off a few tenths, whereas in a lot of other cars either wheelspin was too high to control or 1st was too short to be practical. The only downside I can see to this tune is slightly higher than average tire wear, but even as the tires wore, grip remained good and the car balanced. Well done! 9.75/10

London - 54.461
Monza - 1:41.848

Oopssorryy - Lexus GS300 00’

I was pleasantly surprised by this car. I found the car overall to have very good handling. Turn in, mid-corner and exit was smooth and predictable without being overdone. The handling at London seemed particularly good for me and the car was very good in the esses. The only real downside to the tune for me was the fairly high LSD settings and the gearbox. Because of the high LSD settings and the fairly short 1st gear, it wasn’t much benefit to roll out of first gear anywhere and after a few laps and the tires wore, you had to be on your toes and lap times began to fall off as you eased off the throttle on exit to keep the back end in line. Overall a good car and good tune for this competition. 8.5/10

London - 55.996
Monza - 145.061

Rally wagon - Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen 00’

This car is underpowered compared to it’s competition so I was expecting good things in the handling department. At London it was pretty good, a little sharp but it worked there. Only real downside was in the esses, where it was a bit loose. At Monza it was also pretty good but a little too overly biased towards turn in. In the first big sweeper after the front straight I had sometimes had to fight the car to get stay pointed in the right direction, even though it was the slowest car entering the corner. I expected to be close to flat out there and wasn’t. Tire wear was ok but not as good as it could have been given that it had less power, 4wd and had less speed to scrub off in braking. I think the really high brake balance settings contributed to the tire wear and the tires lighting up in entry to Parabolica, which in turn contributed to a slower than expected exit. I expect that in a 2 ton, 800 hp whale on wheels, but not so much in the lightest car with the least power. A good short track tune that is more suited to a London or Deep Forest for me rather than Monza. 7.5/10

London - 55.610
Monza - 1:48.022

CSLACR - Dodge Viper ACR

At over 1000hp this is the second most powerful car I’ve tested. At Monza it was very fast in terms of lap times and top speed, and turn in was very sharp but a little too sharp for me, leaving me feeling slightly imbalanced entering most corners and with inconsistent lap times, albeit with a fast one in there for good measure. Braking was good but with a little too much rear brake bias. Tire wear was pretty good at Monza, in London it really chewed up the rear tires quickly as you’d expect from 1000hp. I found the gearbox to be a major flaw. While the stock transmission may have eliminated some of the tranny whine, it also stuck you with ver tall upper gears. For me with a little smoother corner entry and a custom transmission I’m certain I would have been under 1:34 at Monza, even faster than the Veyron, and much more consistent. A good car overall but I thought it fell a bit short of it’s potential for my driving style. 8.0/10

London - 51.957
Monza - 1:35.114

Group B

Lap Times London

51.939 - Indy Racerfan - SLR AMG
53.606 - DigitalBaka - Ferrari California 08'
50.937 - Madmyk - Bugatti Veyron 16.4 09'
54.985 - Jackthalad - BMW M3 Coupe 07'
55.409 - Sean10mm - Audi RS6 Avant 08'

Lap Times Monza

1:37.265 - Indy Racerfan - SLR AMG
1:42.156 - DigitalBaka - Ferrari California 08'
1:34.644 - Madmyk - Bugatti Veyron 16.4 09'
1:45.498 - Jackthalad - BMW M3 Coupe 07'
1:46.241 - Sean10mm - Audi RS6 Avant 08'

Drivers Ranking Group B

1. Indy Racerfan - SLR AMG
2. DigitalBaka - Ferrari California 08'
3. Jackthalad - BMW M3 Coupe 07'
4. Sean10mm - Audi RS6 Avant 08'
5. Madmyk - Bugatti Veyron 16.4 09'

Comments

IndyRacerfan - SLR AMG

Let’s start off with all of the negative stuff. The LSD could have been a notch or two higher as I detected a bit of inside wheelspin at London, probably cost a tenth or two. Other than that, braking, corner entry, exit, overall grip, tire wear, gearing, stability were just about perfect on both tracks. I pushed and pushed and pushed and shaved time off lap after lap. Awesome. 9.9/10

London - 51.939 :crazy:
Monza - 1:37.265

DigitalBaka - Ferrari California 08’

Exceptional at London, just point it and it goes there. Another car that lap after lap I pushed and pushed and kept shaving time. Turn in was sharp without being overdone, exit was smooth and fast. Grip was good everywhere. LSD was perfect for me. Tire wear was very good. Nothing to complain about and had the SLR not been in the mix this would have been the winner for sure. 9.75/10

London - 53.606
Monza - 1:42.156

Madmyk - Bugatti Veyron 16.4 09’

This car felt a little better handling wise at London and not quite as good at Monza compared to Shmogt’s Veyron that I tested earlier. In London it was actually pretty good in the slow speed corners and you could sometimes kick the rear end out controllably to help with exit, but it seemed to struggle a bit for me in braking distance at Monza. Tire wear was really bad, especially the fronts at Monza. I pretty much got one or two timed laps and that was it. Tough car to tune, bravo for taking it on, but it just isn’t fun to drive a Veyron on a race track, for me anyway. 7.0/10

London - 50.937
Monza - 1:34.644

Jackthalad BMW M3 Coupe 07’

A light and low powered car so I expected it to be near perfect in handling compared to some of the behemoths it’s up against. At first I thought the front end grip was a little overdone, but unlike some of the other cars I’ve tested that are overdone, if you push this one harder and harder it evens out to a very neutral feel. Overall grip was very good throughout the corner, tire wear was good with a slight bias towards front tire wear. Handling in London was particularly good but a little too high on the Accel LSD making it a little more difficult to control later in the run. Would have been interesting to see this car with another 100-150 hp to see what she would have done. Good job overall, but up against some tough competition in the Ferrari and Merc above. 9.0/10

London - 54.985
Monza - 1:45.498

Sean10mm - Audi RS6 Avant 08’

Overall the handling on this car was pretty good considering it’s hefty weight. Monza was fairly good but if you went a little deep in the corners the under steer was quite pronounced so you had to be sure and hold your pace within the limits of the car. At London handling was very crisp, turn in was very good, again, especially in consideration of it’s massive bulk. For me the car had two big fatal drawbacks, very high front tire wear at Monza and a mismatched set of gears. Seemed like most corners in Monza you were in one gear too high because the one you really wanted put you on the rev limiter. Not sure about anyone else, but with the DFGT, being up a gear too high = under steer. Fifth was way too tall and sixth was unusable. I am quite certain that a custom transmission with it’s inherent whine, would have shaved at least 1.5 seconds at Monza and at least .5 at London, and made it much more drivable in the process. The front end was quite sharp and the brakes had a lot of front bias. Under initial hard braking you could hear the front tires squealing and in most corners as well, especially the first corner at Monza, and I think both of these things combined with it‘s weight, contributed to the high front wear. 7.0/10

London - 55.409
Monza - 1:46.241

Last edited:
Lol glad you liked my Veyron. Where we supposed to watch out for tire ware or this was just your personal choice to do it?

My Approach (DFGT)

Lap Times London

54.271 tris_73 - Mercedes Benz SL65 AMG (R230) 04'
52.016 ACSR421 - Lamborghini Murcialago LP670-4 SV 09'
51.818 krenkme - Nissan GT-R :eek:
54.950 Motor City Hami - Maserati Gran Turismo S 08'
51.350 Shmogt Bugatti - Veyron 16.4 09'
53.604 nomis3613 - Mercedez Benz SL65 AMG 04'

Lap Times Monza

1:43.646 tris_73 - Mercedes Benz SL65 AMG (R230) 04'
1:36.219 ACSR421 - Lamborghini Murcialago LP670-4 SV 09'
1:36.440 krenkme - Nissan GT-R :cool:
1:43.930 Motor City Hami- Maserati Gran Turismo S 08'
1:33.985 Shmogt Bugatti - Veyron 16.4 2009
1:40.440 nomis3613 - Mercedez Benz SL65 AMG 04'

My Ranking:

Group C

1. ACSR421 - Lamborghini Murcialago LP670-4 SV 09'
2. tris_73 - Mercedes Benz SL65 AMG (R230) 04'
3. nomis3613 - Mercedez Benz SL65 AMG 04'
4. krenkme - Nissan GT-R
5. Shmogt Bugatti - Veyron 16.4 2009
6. Motor City Hami- Maserati Gran Turismo S 08'

Comments:

krenkme Nissan GT-R

Very fast, ultimately a good lap time. Required a great deal of precision with all steering, brake and throttle input. Back end was fairly easy to get loose on entry or exit with a slight imbalance and the effect worsened as the tires wore. Controllable with very precise inputs but inconsisent as little mistakes were magnified. Best car exiting Parabolica to the front straight. For me, once some tire wear kicked in after 3 or 4 laps, fast, consistent lap times were impossible. Looseness was an issue through the esses at London and the chicanes at Monza sometimes. Could have benefited from a higher front torque bias possibly and a grippier rear end. With some tweaking could be a great car but overall still a very good ride 8.0/10

London - 51.818
Monza - 136.440

:grumpy: Man, why did I have to be grouped with a Veyron? :dopey:

Thanks for testing, and thanks for the review. It will be great help. Thanks alot 👍

Glad you liked the merc Johnny.

[shakesfist] Damn you and your drivable lambo ACSR! [/shakesfist] ;)

I have 8!!! I thought I'd be at least -3 or something lol. Still doesn't help, the others are on 9 and 10. It's one thing looking good but I really don't think mine will score high on the track

you are all tied up with 10 now.

Lol glad you liked my Veyron. Where we supposed to watch out for tire ware or this was just your personal choice to do it?

That was my understanding yes.

"Excessive tire wear should be factored into the Drivers Choice ranking especially if it causes serious degredation of the cars handling within only a few laps."

I copy this on Mr Grado post , thaks to him, it's clean and easy to see, i will not post comments just notes. I don't have any time for GT5 this next week, i will publish now the results i have and more when possible.

Times: London

GROUP A
53.854 *XDesperado67 Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 "Isabella"
51.599 wildheart90 Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09
54.700 CyKosis1973 Jaguar XKR Coupe '10
55.393 oopssorryy Lexus GS300 '00
55.598 Rallywagon C-Fresh Tuned Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen '00
51.642 CSLACR Dodge Viper ACR*

GROUP B
52.975 Indy Racerfan SLR AMG "Breaking Wrist"
53.612 DigitalBaka Ferrari California '08 GT "Solar Flare"
50.493 madmyk Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09*
54.676 Jackthalad BMW M3 Coupe '07
54.963 sean10mm Audi RS6 Avant '08
00.000 GPdesign

Times: Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicane)

GROUP A
1.41.235 *XDesperado67 Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 "Isabella"
1.38.425 wildheart90 Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09
1.42.133 CyKosis1973 Jaguar XKR Coupe '10
1.45.934 oopssorryy Lexus GS300 '00
1.47.609 Rallywagon C-Fresh Tuned Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen '00
1.35.175 CSLACR Dodge Viper ACR*

GROUP B
1.37.747 Indy Racerfan SLR AMG "Breaking Wrist"
1.42.346 DigitalBaka Ferrari California '08 GT "Solar Flare"
1.33.627 madmyk Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09*
1.46.131 Jackthalad BMW M3 Coupe '07
1.45.915 sean10mm Audi RS6 Avant '08
00.000 GPdesign

Drivers Choice

Group A
1.wildheart90 Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09 - 9.5/10
2.CSLACR Dodge Viper ACR* - 8.5/10
3.XDesperado67 Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 "Isabella" - 7/10
4.CyKosis1973 Jaguar XKR Coupe '10 - 7.0/10
5.Rallywagon C-Fresh Tuned Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen '00 - 6.5/10
6.oopssorryy Lexus GS300 '00 - 6.0/10
Group B
1.Indy Racerfan SLR AMG "Breaking Wrist" 9.0/10
2.DigitalBaka Ferrari California '08 GT "Solar Flare" 8.5/10
3.madmyk Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09* 8.0/10
4.Jackthalad BMW M3 Coupe '07 7.0/10
5.sean10mm Audi RS6 Avant '08 7.0/10
6.none

Last edited:
……… This is torture!!!
1. I'm stuck in school thinking about Dragonthing's V10 screaming down the Nurburgring's straights
2. Are Group D testers all that lazy?! Y NO ONE START YET??!?!????!!?

……… This is torture!!!
1. I'm stuck in school thinking about Dragonthing's V10 screaming down the Nurburgring's straights
2. Are Group D testers all that lazy?! Y NO ONE START YET??!?!????!!?

I'm a lillte bruised from being beaten up by some mean Pandas :dopey:, but hope to do some testing soon 👍

Back