We should have engine swaps in the next update

• Thread starter Swara
  • 141 comments
United States
USA
swara96
Imagine an ACR engine in a Civic :). There would be too much wheelspin, but it would still be very fast haha

swara96
Imagine an ACR engine in a Civic :). There would be too much wheelspin, but it would still be very fast haha

Lol this would be insanely fun, unfortunately highly highly unlikely. I'd just love in X1 engine in a Kubelwagen! That'll beat those damn GTRs!

dylpro
Lol this would be insanely fun, unfortunately highly highly unlikely. I'd just love in X1 engine in a Kubelwagen! That'll beat those damn GTRs!

Or just imagine the Citreon 2CV powerhouse inside an X1... ultimate troll car!

swara96

But gt5 arent tryin to follow in forzas footsteps so they wont...(even though they do follow forzas car selection now putting in a lot of cars that forza been had)

nooo this is bad because then it will make the game unrealistic, like forza you can make a focus rs with 910hp.. thats just ridiculous..

it depends on a number of factors.. because the engine of say a viper, the torque would twist the chassis of say a SRT4. Cars chassis are built for their engine.. it would be an unrealistic upgrade.

But gt5 arent tryin to follow in forzas footsteps so they wont...(even though they do follow forzas car selection now putting in a lot of cars that forza been had)

So I guess since gt has been around longer thn forza when it came out it copied cars of gt?

That's not unrealistic, you might want to learn about cars and the engines they use before you open a can of worms.

I know enough to say that a Focus RS with 910HP is ridiculous. where would the engine fit? Also read my other comment about torque and chassis. It is unrealistic.

I'd like The engine of a RUF in a Fiat500 as in the real life in autocross racing :dopey:

It could be interesting but with logical limits , only when in the destination car there is enough space for the new engine .. ONLY!

IR

I'd like The engine of a RUF in a Fiat500 as in the real life in autocross racing :dopey:

It could be interesting but with logical limits , only when in the destination car there is enough space for the new engine .. ONLY!

IR

with required chassis upgrades to reinforce the new engine, but this sounds better than just plain swapping engines

Real dragsters do this, like Chris Miller. Go to youtube, and type in Chris Miller 8 second 1/4. He has a 1100 hp engine in his Civic EG lol

Gvesho518
So I guess since gt has been around longer thn forza when it came out it copied cars of gt?

Well no of course not but in my opinion ALL the other gran turismo series (specially 2) all had almost a perfect car list hell gt2 even had bout 3 or 4 drag cars with 1000+hp...but I was juss comparing gt5 car list with forza car list and they already have most of these cars and they so far arent charging everyone for any cars whether its dlc or not...(by the way not a forza fan..) Also all this money goin into this game a drag and a tree CAN be implemented if they wanted to

You are the reason I don't want engine swaps in GT5...

Seriously guys. It's very difficult to make things like this in a realisic way. You have to think about what it requires in real life. Even changing the 302 in a the Z28 Camaro to a big-block would require quite a few modifications in real life.

Engine swaps would be awesome, but there have to be some limitations on which cars can have which engines.
Like you could put a ZR1 engine in the '63 Corvette, an Enzo engine in a 430 Scuderia etc etc... :)

Not X1 engine in a Midget :odd:

Reasonable engine swaps 👍

what we really need its, engine displacement up, PLEASE PD BRING BACK ENGINE DISPLACEMENT UP!!!! now that would make one hell of entertainment :D

This isn't something that PD would ever patch into GT5. Simply trying to balance the game around it after the fact would be a logistical nightmare.

If it ever happens in the series, it won't happen until a full game; and it would be limited to same-manufacturer swaps anyway.

A well built twin turbo 4cyl can easily make 1000hp+....

i said for a 2.5L, not 4 cyl in general, but i would like some proof a 4 cyl can run 1000+, group b rally cars made like 600hp from insane boost. most drag supras have to get new blocks (commonly 3.4L rather than 3.0L 2jz) to hit 1000+

Last edited:
i said for a 2.5L, not 4 cyl in general, but i would like some proof a 4 cyl can run 1000+, group b rally cars made like 600hp from insane boost. most drag supras have to get new blocks (commonly 3.4L rather than 3.0L 2jz) to hit 1000+

go to youtube and look up Chris Miller 8 second Civic. He has a 4 cyl engine that has 1100 hp

go to youtube and look up Chris Miller 8 second Civic. He has a 4 cyl engine that has 1100 hp

1212hp from 2.01 L.. but still that would have some serious modifications everywhere, what im saying is 910hp in a focus with no reinforcement of the chassis is ridiculous.

Last edited:

I have a tuning magazine with a story of EG civic with a 2.0 acura engine producing +900 hp. That's not even very unusual.

Latest Posts

Back